Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Wait, that can't be right, he debuted on WWE TV more than 7 years ago and was in developmental before that.

Was he confirmed to be one of Adam Rose's rosebuds from the past few weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MassRafTer posted:

Wait, that can't be right, he debuted on WWE TV more than 7 years ago and was in developmental before that.

Yeah, I don't know where the hell people are getting that 7 years today he was hired in 2007.

-Signed to developmental in 2006
-Vignettes aired starting 9/6/2006
-Debuted 10/16/2006
-Fired 9/2/2007
-REturned 3/31/2008

Not a single one of these dates line up with 7 years today. He hasn't even been hired for 7 years since his return, and it's been more than 7 years since his original debut.

Edit: Well that explains it... He has been employed for 7 years today TOTAL

quote:

Actually the number is correct when you consider that JTG debuted in October 16th 2006 and was then released 2 September 2007.
He then rejoined March 31st 2008 and has, as the saying goes, been still employed.
So: 2/Sep/2007 - 16/Oct/2006 = 321 days Plus: 31/Mar/2008 -> 13/May/2014 = 2234 days
321 + 2234 days = 2555/365 = 7
Source: I built the counter :P

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 14, 2014

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

schweens posted:

What if he meant Oklahoma state

Even better

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, why did Dump Matsumoto keep beating up the Crush Gals? It's a heel's job to put over the face, she should have lost all of her matches against them.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

Also, Kane in the mask is not the same as Kane not in the mask, I don't get why this is so unfathomable to people.

from a few pages back but maybe it's because of that stretch of time from 2003-2011 where Kane without the mask was exactly the same as Kane always was

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

Cardboard Box posted:

from a few pages back but maybe it's because of that stretch of time from 2003-2011 where Kane without the mask was exactly the same as Kane always was

Clearly his power rests in his tights.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up to everyone with the network: tonight is Sheamus versus Cesaro on Main Event. The last time they fought before the Elimination Chamber, it was fantastic.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WWE is lame as hell now and I have almost no interest in streaming Payback at this point.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

DeathChicken posted:

Man, why did Dump Matsumoto keep beating up the Crush Gals? It's a heel's job to put over the face, she should have lost all of her matches against them.

Yeah more companies should desire to follow the TNA model of always getting the heat on the heels, over and over again before attempting to do anything with the babyfaces. I honestly don't see why more don't.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Using TNA as an example for anything should be considered the wrestling version of Godwin's Law.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

MassRafTer posted:

Cryme Tyme got fired for a bit

e: Actually going by that JTG's only been employed a little over 6 years.

e2: whoops was beaten by quite a bit

Lloyd Boner fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 14, 2014

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
In case you aren't watching or can't watch Main Event, Alicia Fox just flipped her poo poo again after losing to Emma. Shoved papers in Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton's mouths and demanded their lunch money.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Mayo and Catsup posted:

In case you aren't watching or can't watch Main Event, Alicia Fox just flipped her poo poo again after losing to Emma. Shoved papers in Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton's mouths and demanded their lunch money.

Please tell me she actually demanded their lunch money.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

Please tell me she actually demanded their lunch money.

A couple times!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Sigma posted:

A couple times!

Be a Star Alicia...

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
Cena isn't stale. Cena winning is stale.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

Cena isn't stale. Cena winning is stale.

I just had to suffer through a Cena loss last week, I don't want to again.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3jJMyRPNak

Meeeeeeemoriiiiiiiiies... :(

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
With Payback looking like its gonna be poo poo, I hope MITB goes better. In my ~*~heart of hearts~*~ I want Cesaro to win the case, have it create tensions with Heyman-Cesaro-Brock, have Brock take the title off Bryan at Summerslam (if they keep him with the title), then have Cesaro cash in on him at Summerslam after a hard fought match. Heyman can try to stop him, Cesaro will swing Heyman, instantly turning face, then beat Brock. Brock only loses by virtue of having the poo poo kicked out of him beforehand, Cesaro goes face, instant program for Cesaro, Championship not hindered by a limited appearance holder and everything works out fine forever the end

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

MotU posted:

With Payback looking like its gonna be poo poo, I hope MITB goes better. In my ~*~heart of hearts~*~ I want Cesaro to win the case, have it create tensions with Heyman-Cesaro-Brock, have Brock take the title off Bryan at Summerslam (if they keep him with the title), then have Cesaro cash in on him at Summerslam after a hard fought match. Heyman can try to stop him, Cesaro will swing Heyman, instantly turning face, then beat Brock. Brock only loses by virtue of having the poo poo kicked out of him beforehand, Cesaro goes face, instant program for Cesaro, Championship not hindered by a limited appearance holder and everything works out fine forever the end

Slight problem, now we're down another heel. It will also mean that Bryans entire championship run was beating Kane once, getting injured, coming back for a month or two and then losing to Lesnar.

Also I don't see how it would cause tension, Heyman's had other clients before, so far Cesaro has been entirely loyal, unless Brock is the clingy boyfriend I don't really see that causing tension.

I can see there being no tension and Cesaro doing it anyway.

EDIT: Can I also say it's annoying listening to some people say stuff like "Crowds cheering Barrett, turn him face" while I agree that Barrett is an entertaining guy, We are down quite a number of heels, we should really be trying to elevate some guys as heels.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

MotU posted:

And Brock fucks off for 5 months, meaning that your program ends as soon as it starts.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

And Brock fucks off for 5 months, meaning that your program ends as soon as it starts.

You have Heyman as well and I mean Brock was around with CM Punk its like you are treating him as if he has 0 appearances at all

Also I only say Cesaro face because everytime an internal memo thing gets posted from WWE it lists Cesaro as a face going forward

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

MotU posted:

You have Heyman as well and I mean Brock was around with CM Punk its like you are treating him as if he has 0 appearances at all

Yeah, remember the endless Rybaxel vs. Punk feud and how great that was?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Yeah, remember the endless Rybaxel vs. Punk feud and how great that was?

It was great because now we have the best tag team ever created

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Mayo and Catsup posted:

Alicia Fox confirmed for third member of Rybaxel.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Suben posted:

Alicia Fox confirmed for third member of Rybaxel.
Nah she is going to join up with Damien Sandow as a whole rib on AJ/Punk

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Nah she is going to join up with Damien Sandow as a whole rib on AJ/Punk

but AJ is coming back?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mayo and Catsup posted:

You had my curiosity, WWE. Now you have my attention.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Bryan situation permitting, it's funny that since Payback is in Chicago the two most over guys aren't going to be there.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Mayo and Catsup posted:

So bullying the annouce team is for Alicia what beating up people's dads is for Randy?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Landstander posted:

Bryan situation permitting, it's funny that since Payback is in Chicago the two most over guys aren't going to be there.

Holy crap I forgot about that. Minus The Shield the crowd might be a disaster.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Holy crap I forgot about that. Minus The Shield the crowd might be a disaster.

BREAKING NEWS: Dean Ambrose injures sleaze gland, will be out 3-6 months

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Instead of doing another 6 man tag they should pad out the card for Payback with 3 singles matches between Evolution and Shield. Any permutation you'd get out of that would be an acceptable main event for a B ppv.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Baker posted:

Instead of doing another 6 man tag they should pad out the card for Payback with 3 singles matches between Evolution and Shield. Any permutation you'd get out of that would be an acceptable main event for a B ppv.

This requires putting Batista in a singles match.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dr. Baker posted:

Okay I agree BUT

The idea was going to be for the Shield to go over, clearly, so do all 3 members go over? doesn't that mean Triple H has to job, which he was going to do for Reigns at Summerslam supposedly, but I would think if they continue wanting that at SS it wont happen at Payback.

So if not Reigns/Hunter, is it Rollins or Ambrose. Rollins would make the most sense since he's constantly "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER"ing Trips whenever he's doing anything. If they want to save to Reigns/Hunter would Rollins go over? I can imagine a best-of-three series essentially where the overall winner is who wins 2/3 matches.

I dunno, it's a little bit more complex to work through than the former "Batista eats the pin because he's going away."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's looking like the title is going to be vacated on Monday.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

The Landstander posted:

CM Punk legit buys a ticket. Riot ensues.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

TEGGS posted:

CM Punk legit buys a ticket. Riot ensues.

Too many people would try and give him candy.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

John Cena posted:

It's looking like the title is going to be vacated on Monday.

If D-Bry needs the time off then he should take it and recuperate completely, so I kind of hope this is true. Has someone come out and said this or is it an inference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE Instagrammed a closeup pic of Bryan's belts and captioned something about an announcement Monday.

• Locked thread