Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

You mean Yukiko? She's weak to ice, Prince Charming is weak to lightning. Chie has Bufu, you can get Zio and Bufu on your main character. Yosuke can throw healing items when needed since he can't hit anyone's weakness.

There are no mid dungeon save points. But if you leave the dungeon you can resume from the last floor you completed.

If you're playing vanilla P4, not golden, Shadow Yukiko has no weaknesses. Personally, I just cheesed it by fusing a Senri, making me immune to figure, and just ordering chie to block all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The key is never attack the Prince. He heals Yukiko for the first few turns but then proceeds to not do anything as long as you don't attack him. Also have Chie be blocking at all times unless you have a Persona that gives her fire immunity like Slime.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I assumed he was talking about Golden since this is the P4G thread. :shrug:

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Manatee Cannon posted:

I assumed he was talking about Golden since this is the P4G thread. :shrug:

This is the only persona thread on the forums :smith:

Accordion Man posted:

The key is never attack the Prince. He heals Yukiko for the first few turns but then proceeds to not do anything as long as you don't attack him. Also have Chie be blocking at all times unless you have a Persona that gives her fire immunity like Slime.

You are awesome, i followed your advice about the prince and just destroyed Yukiko. Chie managed to dodge pretty much every single AOE attack. By the end of the battle i had almost no SP left on any of my characthers.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

UberJumper posted:

Nah, there's the general Megami Tensei megathread, which is the big franchise that Persona is a sub-series or spin-off of.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

UberJumper posted:

You are awesome, i followed your advice about the prince and just destroyed Yukiko. Chie managed to dodge pretty much every single AOE attack. By the end of the battle i had almost no SP left on any of my characthers.
No problem. That's fight is actually devious in that it really twists the old video game tactic of "kill the medic first" on its head. Especially because its the first boss fight.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
It is the night of the 27th, what exactly should i be doing? I have just mostly been killing time since I rescued Yukiko. But nobody seems to want to do anything. :smith:

Also the other detective is creepy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Do what you're doing, the game will tell you when a new dungeon opens up. Personally, I'd focus on s-links and getting your personality stats up and only go into the TV World once per rescue. Get everything you need to done in one go to have more time to do s-links.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Only go into the dungeons during rainy days when you're not trying to save anyone. You get unique enemies that drop items that you can to craft better weapons that only appear on those days. It's not essential, but if you want to go dungeon crawling during your down-time its the best way to do it.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Awesome thanks for the tips, i made it to mid may.

:allears: Chie :allears:

But i have an undeniable urge to hit Yosuke. I have a somewhat werid question, is Kanji supposed to be gay? He popped up like 3 days ago and i have and i get a really weird vibe about him (a combination of him sneaking around with another man, getting super freaked out when someone calls him strange/werid, and there is just something really weird).

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

UberJumper posted:

Awesome thanks for the tips, i made it to mid may.

:allears: Chie :allears:

But i have an undeniable urge to hit Yosuke. I have a somewhat werid question, is Kanji supposed to be gay? He popped up like 3 days ago and i have and i get a really weird vibe about him (a combination of him sneaking around with another man, getting super freaked out when someone calls him strange/werid, and there is just something really weird).

Maybe! Keep playing, because it plays into the plot. To say anything more would be spoiling big time, I will say this because it's simple and honest: Kanji is a very complex and well-thought out character. He's great.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

UberJumper posted:

But i have an undeniable urge to hit Yosuke.

Don't worry, this is perfectly normal.

quote:

I have a somewhat werid question, is Kanji supposed to be gay? He popped up like 3 days ago and i have and i get a really weird vibe about him (a combination of him sneaking around with another man, getting super freaked out when someone calls him strange/werid, and there is just something really weird).

That's for him to know and you to find out!

Danbri
Jan 10, 2012

Try your ability! Do it!

The Grimace posted:

Maybe! Keep playing, because it plays into the plot. To say anything more would be spoiling big time, I will say this because it's simple and honest: Kanji is a very complex and well-thought out character. He's great.

Oh, how I enjoy watching newcomers discover all the intricacies of our favorite animu game. :allears:

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
I just beat Adachi, and then I beat a giant eyeball with a bunch of nozzles, and then the game fast-forwarded a couple weeks, unlike every other time someone has been stuck in the TV and I rescued them right away, which was rather not cool of it. Now, I just built a snowman with Nanako and am bumming around town with nothing much to do. Is the game basically over? Is this when I should go to Junes, as it says in the OP?

Also, I passed out and Marie disappeared. I guess I was supposed to have done that social link already?

cbirdsong fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 14, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, you were supposed to have finished that S. Link by that point to get an extra dungeon. You'll fast-forward to 3/20 which'll be the end of the game when the stuff happens then after you talk to all of the people you keep saying no to leaving and go to Junes.

KoB
May 1, 2009

The Grimace posted:

Kanji is the best character so be sure to bro out with him as much as possible.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

KoB posted:

Kanji is the best character so be sure to bro out with him as much as possible.

But yeah, opinions naturally vary on all of the characters but Kanji is pretty unanimously adored.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Prozach posted:

But yeah, opinions naturally vary on all of the characters but Kanji is pretty unanimously adored.

Kanji was a mainstay for my team as soon as I got him in P4G. Get out of here, Yosuke.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's no reason not to use him in Golden. He learns Power Charge at Rank 6 of his S.Link, which removes the only advantage Chie had over him other than Galactic Punt.

I still always used him in vanilla though because he's the best. I've never understood that panel of the peachi comic.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Team Bro is the best team and Kanji is the lynchpin of Team Bro by being a master shitbeater, Kanji is da illest. So is Teddie. Yosuke helps I guess sometimes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Prozach posted:

Not by Japan

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Nessa posted:

Kanji was a mainstay for my team as soon as I got him in P4G. Get out of here, Yosuke.

I was never able to really find a good place for him. The protag covered my electricity needs, and Chie did just as good of a job with physical attacks. Hell, I only really used the original four throughout the game, occasionally swapping in Naoto for Yosuke.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Use Kanji and Chie in the same team because magic is for losers.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I always had Kanji and Chie in my team though, they are my favorite characters and it's great they both can just poo poo out damage too.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

A Bystander posted:

Hmm, I'll think about it when I replay the game. They are my two favorites, but I didn't want it to be too imbalanced.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Japan has bad taste in characters. It's why the 'main' datable character of basically every dating sim ever is boring.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Prozach posted:

Hmm, I'll think about it when I replay the game. They are my two favorites, but I didn't want it to be too imbalanced.

Whatever magic you'll ever need can easily be covered by you. If you want, you can free up fire and/or wind and just let Yukiko and Yosuke handle it while Kanji and Chie perform the most illegal moves in Persona.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Hellioning posted:

Japan has bad taste in characters. It's why the 'main' datable character of basically every dating sim ever is boring.

This explains a lot about Yukiko.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Really, every character has their merits. The least useful I've generally felt was Teddie - Chie can cover Ice for knockdowns, if not damage, Yukiko is a much better healer and offensive force, and Yosuke and Kanji can supply evasion and attack buffs, which means the only thing Teddie has that's uniquely useful is a defense buff, and having a healer who's also on buffing jobs is iffy because they're just so busy. Even his stats aren't distributed right - he doesn't get a good enough physical skill to make up for all those points in Strength instead of something like Magic, Vitality or Agility.

Best scenario would be to run both Teddie and Yukiko, with the third being Yosuke or Kanji. That frees up healing and one buff off him, letting him actually Bufudyne enemies once in a while.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

A Bystander posted:

Best characters, best team. :colbert:

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
:allears: Kanji :allears:

Does this game have some sort of romance system? If i keep being nice to Chie and it more and more seems to be moving towards some sort of ~romance~. Is this going to lead to some sort of awkward situation where Yukiko is going to hate me?

Please tell me there isn't going to be an awkward mass effect style romance thing. :negative:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

UberJumper posted:

Does this game have some sort of romance system? If i keep being nice to Chie and it more and more seems to be moving towards some sort of ~romance~. Is this going to lead to some sort of awkward situation where Yukiko is going to hate me?

Please tell me there isn't going to be an awkward mass effect style romance thing. :negative:

There is a clear, definitive point where you can romance someone and if you accidentally accept without really meaning to do that, then I don't know, man. Also, the other girls could give less of a poo poo who you date so long as you're not a two-timer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No it doesn't, date who you will and however you feel like you should. You will be asked if you want to start a serious relationship with any girl you want to date and it'll be as simple as that.

That being said, Chie is best girl, comrade.

Ai is not as simple though.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

UberJumper posted:

I have some bad news.

Pretty much every female social link has a fairly obvious point where you either become their boyfriend or stay friends (EXCEPT THE LOVERS SOCIAL LINK THE LOVERS SOCIAL LINK IS SNEAKY).

Hell you can even date them all at once but the game will make sure you feel like a gigantic toolbag.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Theres a very obvious moment in the s.links with the girls that are basically "hey lets stay friends/hey lets date"

You can date all the girls if you want, but Golden added a scene to make you feel like a giant shitheel for doing it though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There are technically no repercussions, even within the story, for dating multiple girls in Vanilla P4 (which is what I think he's playing). If that matters to you I suppose.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Since you're playing on P4 vanilla, feel free to date all the girls with no downside whatsoever!

Except the fact that you'd be a giant douche.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Captain Oblivious posted:

(EXCEPT THE LOVERS SOCIAL LINK THE LOVERS SOCIAL LINK IS SNEAKY).

I thought the sneaky one was Moon?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I really would like to reiterate that with the Lovers social link when you start it you should just look up a guide so you don't blunder into a romance just by being a decent friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Prozach posted:

Until Chie gets Dragon Hustle there's zero reason to use anyone over Kanji.

• Locked thread