Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Pins posted:

When i say that theyre gone, unfortunately i mean it. I had a pretty big accident which caused everything to be lost.

Oh man, oh man, it must be some incredible classic of a mind-blowing poignant LP full of hilarity then, now that there's no possible way of watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

I AM THE MOON posted:

please do not ban my friend james hardon

He posted his penis.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Dish posted:

He posted his penis.

Don't be so hardon James.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
currently in the market for a really just hardcore lp like i want some total thugs just throwing down while theyre playing you know? i mean im not racist but no white lpers allowed i need some ghetto rear end motherfucker talking jive in my ear while he plays some lovely video game i played as a kid (100% runs only though)

and just to give a heads up if he's going to throw out some "niggas" you know to keep the momentum up im totally down with that so give me those recs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.

Faerie Fortune posted:

My girlfriend and I LOVE watching LPs together, but we've watched a few already and we're running out a little bit!

So far we've watched pretty much everything Pork lift and Wateyad have done, 20 Years of Sonic, the Super Best Friends LP of Indigo Prophecy and we got partway through Geop's Dark Souls run. We tried the FFX LP in the archives (I cannot remember who did it though) because we're both huge fans of the game but we had to stop because we got more angry than we should have at the liberal use of "human being" and now we're not really sure what else to watch!

It might be obvious but we tend to like longer LPs, with a less than serious commentary style, closer to an MST3K riff session than an informative, completionist LP. We don't care if its blind or not, but blind tends to be funnier for the more natural reactions to silly things happening.

20 Years of Sonic has been our favourite so far because we both love Keith and Kyle and we both appreciate that while they'll riff on a game when it deserves it, they will also talk about parts they genuinely liked, even if the rest of the game is terrible. I really wanted her to watch the Two Worlds LP that hbomb and Organic Robot did but blip took it down and the dropbox hosting is almost always down. We're also watching through Niggurath's Disaster LP and enjoying it a lot, but as its still ongoing its not something we can just sit and watch together in a few sittings. I tried to show her Kaubocks and Panzer Skank's Saints Row 2 LP but since she's not a huge fan of the game itself, she lost interest pretty quickly.

Any suggestions, guys and gals?

You should also really check out pretty much everything at http://kilobops.ladderface.net/ as they are wonderfully funny people who have made a lot of great LPs including of some longer games (I think Assassin's Creed II was the longest of what they've done, but if you like Tabletop RPG LPs, they have a bunch of stuff there too which is just phenomenal.)

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

toanoradian posted:

Oh man, oh man, it must be some incredible classic of a mind-blowing poignant LP full of hilarity then, now that there's no possible way of watching it.
Someone has the videos saved but Pins made them swear to secrecy.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Mico posted:

Someone has the videos saved but Pins made them swear to secrecy.

It's you isn't it?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Probably Rirse, because he has backups of like every LP ever or something.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Dragonatrix posted:

Probably Rirse, because he has backups of like every LP ever or something.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. No, it's not him. I will never tell.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I keep "my first LP!"s video downloads around because they make excellent* blackmailing material

*i'm not good at blackmailing

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So am I crazy or was there a Risk of Rain LP on this forum somewhere? I thought I saw one and now it's vanished, like everything I ever look for.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

The Steak Justice posted:

So am I crazy or was there a Risk of Rain LP on this forum somewhere? I thought I saw one and now it's vanished, like everything I ever look for.

Voila:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608033

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Thanks! It's not on the master list yet so I got a little thrown off.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Lance Streetman posted:

I already posted about it, but I'm gonna have to recommend everybody watch Kaubocks and Panzer Skank's LP of Saints Row 2 that just finished. It's seriously one of the funniest LPs I've seen since Mercenaries 2, and that's saying a lot.

Seconding this. The game is built on chaos and the two of them seem to attract it in ever-increasing waves. If you're going in blind and don't know the game's story, just watch the video playlist before reading through the OP, which will spoil much of it, but following the thread along with the videos is highly recommended.

Both of them know and have played the game before, but long enough ago that they're able to be surprised by it, and the editing keeps things moving along. Most LPs of this series end up watching the players run or drive through town for most of it, but you get just the highlights here.

Plus it has skateboards and puppy trains.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm gonna third the SR2 LP because the two have pretty great chemistry together and there's never a dull moment in that LP.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

A little bit ago, but:

Faerie Fortune posted:

I really wanted her to watch the Two Worlds LP that hbomb and Organic Robot did but blip took it down and the dropbox hosting is almost always down.

I'll reupload it to my youtube channel ASAP. Main problem is, the videos have some very weird errors that cropped up when I rendered them on my crappy old PC. I'll look into it when I can.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Coolguye posted:

My understanding is that his handling of the Animal Crossing LP was what got his foot in the door. My understanding could be flawed, of course, but that's what it is.

Ho ho, my legend grows!

I wrote Animal Crossing a million years ago while I was working at BioWare (as an environment artist), but as far as I know it's unrelated to my success on Kickstarter and subsequently The Banner Saga. Plus everybody forgets to mention "Aw gently caress, Dinosaurs!". I do like to think all the LPs made me a little better at writing, though.

ProfessorProf's doing a very good job on the LP! Highly recommended!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
What are the good screenshot LPs going on right now?

I haven't read one in a while and I'm interested to see what the latest batch are. Informative or jokey are both okay.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I haven't read one in a while and I'm interested to see what the latest batch are. Informative or jokey are both okay.

Tokimeki Memorial's a pretty good translation LP of a dating sim franchise, but it's pretty anime so if you're adverse to that, you might wanna pass.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

The Vosgian Beast posted:

There's a rather wonderful play-through of Star Wars: The Old Republic going on, at http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504077 The four storylines of the Imperial faction, at that page, are represented by Moon Slayer, Poptarts Ninja, Catsworth and Weapon Boy. There's also a Republic thread, linked from the Imperial one, featuring Dolash, Inferior, Ferrosol and Brainamp.

Also, Nine Gear Crow's LP of White Knight Chronicles I & II is all kinds of awesome, not least because the games are such total train-wrecks. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3597149

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Can anybody recommend extremely informative video playthroughs of NES games?

For example, Punch-Out or Super Mario Bros. with commentary about the history of the game or stuff people might not realize, etc, etc.

EDIT: More specifically, I'm looking for somebody REALLY good at playing NES Punch-Out... (I watched the Giant Bomb video and it got me in the mood...)

Vinlaen fucked around with this message at 14:17 on May 14, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Vinlaen posted:

Can anybody recommend extremely informative video playthroughs of NES games?

For example, Punch-Out or Super Mario Bros. with commentary about the history of the game or stuff people might not realize, etc, etc.

Go look up any of Simply Simon's classic Mega Man LPs.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can anyone tell me if there was ever a letsplay for that final fantasy rouge-like about the chocobo for the wii, or am I just insane?

Also any recommendations for any rouge-like or rouge-like-likes vlp's?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

OmanyteJackson posted:

Can anyone tell me if there was ever a letsplay for that final fantasy rouge-like about the chocobo for the wii, or am I just insane?

It was mentioned a few pages ago, but DVac's Girl Games LP has plenty of rouge, not to mention mascara, lipstick, etc.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

OmanyteJackson posted:

Risk of Rain by Best Friend Skull

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

I was hoping to watch the Valkyria Chronicles lp on the archive, but the videos seem to be lost to the whims of Blip. Anyone know of another source for this, or someone else who's done a watchable LP of it?

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

OmanyteJackson posted:

From the master list there is this. Looks like it hasn't been updated for about a month though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

OmanyteJackson posted:

Depending on how rigorous your definition of the genre is, you might enjoy the ongoing LP of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Ptarmigans posted:

From the master list there is this. Looks like it hasn't been updated for about a month though.

I'm really sad this has been abandoned, I played half of this game and would love to see the rest of it. Please someone good LP it :(

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Vinlaen posted:

EDIT: More specifically, I'm looking for somebody REALLY good at playing NES Punch-Out... (I watched the Giant Bomb video and it got me in the mood...)
You want this. I'd also recommend following SinisterWon on twitch, as he plays Punch-Out regularly.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
A while back someone did a let's play of the entire castlevania franchise (except I think the handheld ones, and the N64 ones, as well as the new ones). Does anyone have a link to it?

Edit: vvv Thanks!

Edwhirl fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 19, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Edwhirl posted:

A while back someone did a let's play of the entire castlevania franchise (except I think the handheld ones, and the N64 ones, as well as the new ones). Does anyone have a link to it?
That would be Zeratani: https://www.youtube.com/user/Zerataniss

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
TheMcD's LP of Unterwegs in Dusterberg needs more love. It's a German RPG Maker game, and it's actually a solid game for a solo labor of love. TheMcD's translating the entire thing line by line, and he's doing a good job. If you like 16 bit RPGs and SSLPs you should give it a shot.

VVV

Oh snap, the link! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3609146&highlight=

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 20, 2014

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Don't forget the link!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3609146&highlight=

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
That LP is seriously great. The game is surprisingly engaging-looking too, especially for the era it was made in.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Yeah we talked about it last page but that LP cannot be recommended enough. The game oozes love and care and TheMcD does a great job of running down all the loose change of the game. And even better, you're guaranteed to have not played the game if you can't speak German! Seriously high class stuff.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
My Name is Kaz is doing a very entertaining LP of Way of the Samurai.

It's a completely-not-hand-holdy trek through two very important days in a particular location in Feudal Japan, and I'm absolutely enjoying the replay value of the game, as we learn more and more what's going on.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Is there a good goon-made LP of Mass Effect 2? LParchive gives no results, just wondering if anyone did one and it didn't get archived for some reason.

Hell, even if it's only mostly complete and it's still floating around Youtube or wherever.

edit: Ok I just noticed the LParchive has a master list, which has an LP by Zedd listed, but of course SA archives are down. :negative:

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 09:15 on May 20, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Aww, thanks guys. :unsmith:

I'd like to recommend Covski's LP of Democracy 3: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3617095

If you're into seeing goons completely and utterly gently caress up a country, then this one is for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a spooky ghost
Jan 1, 2010

stay the same never change
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good video LP of Nier.

I followed about DarkId's screenshot LP a few years ago, and played through the game for myself soon after, but I have been itching to experience it all again. Or passively listen to it in the background. Hopefully something low key and informative?

• Locked thread