Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Try again mks

e: I just want to point this out because while I can almost understand missing it in the draft list, he then added it to the "already drafted" tab and, well...

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Try again mks

e: I just want to point this out because while I can almost understand missing it in the draft list, he then added it to the "already drafted" tab and, well...

Yeah, just a dumb overlook on my part. :saddowns:

I fixed it though. :downs:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

IcePhoenix posted:

Nice post, Infidel Pander

Hey now, that's just mean. It's not like I'm double posting in the other thread. :v:

mynameisjohn posted:

In a vacuum I'd probably prefer Craig as a hitter, but there are like no good second basemen left

There are a few that, while not superstars, I would certainly not mind having. The other players I was considering were Freeman and Zobrist. Freeman's essentially a left-handed version of Craig with slightly lower current ratings but has potential to be better. I might take Freeman if we were doing more than a year, but even then PETCO is murder on left-handed power. Zobrist would have been nice with his ability to play MIF and OF. I just think I can get a serviceable 2B later on, and Zobrist's numbers in sims never popped out as being very good to me.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Crap, all the 3B guys I like are going off the board. There's only a couple Punto's left.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Crap, all the 3B guys I like are going off the board. There's only a couple Punto's left.

There's one Punto I'm hoping everyone has forgotten about so I can get him like 35 picks from now. Yes I know that's very unlikely. :ohdear:

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

CFBalla posted:

There's one Punto I'm hoping everyone has forgotten about so I can get him like 35 picks from now. Yes I know that's very unlikely. :ohdear:

I THINK we have the same Punto in mind, and I'm not sure if I want to reach for him when my pick comes up soon, or get someone else. I'm really really tempted though.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

As a heads up, I am traveling until like 3pm today and would very much appreciate not being skipped.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The Cubs would like to draft really soon. If you are scheduled to pick soon and would like to swap picks similar to what Minnesota and St. Louis did, PM me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm also willing to move back a few more spots if there's someone you absolutely have to have, as well. If I don't get any interest before my pick is up I won't hold up the draft, though.

FairGame posted:

As a heads up, I am traveling until like 3pm today and would very much appreciate not being skipped.

No promises, but I will definitely not autopick you, if that's the case. I don't think it will come up, though.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I admit, you guys are way more entertained/interested in calling undrafted players Nick Punto that I expected. I don't totally understand, but if it works I guess. I'll try to remember to do that in the future.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Zodiac5000 posted:

I admit, you guys are way more entertained/interested in calling undrafted players Nick Punto that I expected. I don't totally understand, but if it works I guess. I'll try to remember to do that in the future.

It was a gimmick that showed up kind of spontaneously the first time this kind of a draft happened. People couldn't help themselves from talking about players so Punto became the placeholder for every player's name.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Mother Punto Christ.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I'm going to draft Drew Butera.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

I'm going to draft Drew Butera.

As a reliever?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

As a mascot?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

tadashi posted:

It was a gimmick that showed up kind of spontaneously the first time this kind of a draft happened. People couldn't help themselves from talking about players so Punto became the placeholder for every player's name.

Which was great, especially when Nick Punto was drafted.

Like, actual Nick Punto.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

A trade

Seattle trades the following picks to Chicago Cubs
Round 3
Round 8
Round 10
Round 12

Chicago Cubs trade the following picks to Seattle

Round 3
Round 8
Round 10
Round 12

I'm going to go ahead and pick and seiferguy should confirm soon.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 16, 2014

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Pablo Sandoval was the next player on my board and a great pick. He and Zimmerman are almost identical (for me and Pecota) but Sandoval is so much chiller

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

mynameisjohn posted:

Pablo Sandoval was the next player on my board and a great pick. He and Zimmerman are almost identical (for me and Pecota) but Sandoval is so much chiller

I'm really glad I made that trade, then. He was a big target :downsrim: for me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

As I was skimming through the file this morning I noticed a couple Puntos that I was pretty surprised were still undrafted. I might have to alter my strategy if they are still there with my 4th pick.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

tadashi posted:

A trade

Seattle trades the following picks to Chicago Cubs
Round 3
Round 8
Round 10
Round 12

Chicago Cubs trade the following picks to Seattle

Round 3
Round 8
Round 10
Round 12

I'm going to go ahead and pick and seiferguy should confirm soon.

Confirming this. Good thing because i totally wasn't ready this morning!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

PM me if PECOTA interests you

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I appreciate the effort by whomever decided to update the doc with all 25 rounds but you forgot about trades and now I have to fix the whole thing!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can someone link to the spreadsheet

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Harlock posted:

Can someone link to the spreadsheet

It's in the draft thread, also here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oWNOCWIWc0UMY1G685Mpq025eupUKo6-rE0NT9Ko3LY/edit#gid=0

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I put it at the top of the second post as well

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

One hour warning for Screen Door Slams

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...

IcePhoenix posted:

One hour warning for Screen Door Slams

Done. Sorry, I was out seeing Godzilla (loving owned) and getting a haircut.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dang, I was actually hoping Avila would fall a couple more rounds so I could nab him. Good pick.

I had a couple PMs about my pick so I'm going to give them a few more minutes to respond before I make it.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Ah crap. I was really hoping people would forget about the injured braves starters. Surprised Beachy went this early though, injuries or no injuries it seems a bit early.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Ah crap. I was really hoping people would forget about the injured braves starters. Surprised Beachy went this early though, injuries or no injuries it seems a bit early.

The way starters have been flying off the board I had to move him up a bit on my draft board. I'm happy with it, though.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Kimbrel was my next pick :mrgw:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

mynameisjohn posted:

I don't care how good a RP is, 3rd round is WAY too early to be taking them.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

mynameisjohn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zLx_JtcQVI

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Maniac adherents to the cruel god of Marginal Value.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
gently caress its started, goddamn you sexual lorax

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wasn't expecting Kimbrel to get taken for another couple rounds yet, jeeze. Other closers/relievers a couple rounds after that.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
To be fair, I always draft Kimbrel in OOTP because it thinks he owns bones to a pretty ludicrous degree. (He does.)

My best OOTP career was 13 seasons in first place, never below 90 wins, 3 WS titles and 4 105+ win seasons. Kimbrel was on the team until the game randomized a guy named Joe Givens with identical stats right around Craig's 33rd birthday. I paid him 12% of my budget for the last five years and he provided tons of surplus value on top of that. It also made him pitch a lot, often having him go two innings and often in non-save situations. I feel like OOTP really likes elite closers.

[/en]

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
tbh I think the goal should be to build a good real-life team, with OOTP just being a fun way to try to show who succeeded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I guess the draft didn't reach me. Available to pick whenever dude before me goes. I'd feel like a real dick skipping him.

• Locked thread