Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014
This Let's Play is now on it's 26th pAge! The thread is twice as large as was promised.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
So Bella's a relative of Nynaeve al'Meara, eh?

Phylaxis
Jun 18, 2012

D_W posted:

Fortunately for us, due to the Nyquist theorem (or Nyquist Frequency) the highest possible frequency of a digital waveform is half it's sample rate. So as long these podcasts aren't in anything above 44.1k Agatha's messages (most likely dastardly plans for a cat rebellion) shall go unheard. Unfortunately for us, cats pretty much already rule so I don't get what her plan really is. Clearly she hadn't thought this through very well.

They rule us in our realm; perhaps in the 13th Age they do not currently rule. There haven't been mentions of many cats in the podcasts.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant

Phylaxis posted:

They rule us in our realm; perhaps in the 13th Age they do not currently rule. There haven't been mentions of many cats in the podcasts.

well, yeah. there aren't many explicit uses of the word "human" in your human podcasts, either.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

but anyway.

:siren:Session 42 finale: Battle of the Bands:siren:

Session 42 Compiled

Forge blows up. As Bella, Rip, and Mint devastate the Battle of the Bands, Nav and Manuél free the ages-old Dark Elf prisoners, and Scarlett and Margaret (as temporarily controlled by GM Ironicus) navigate the bureaucratic labyrinth of Forge in hopes of discovering where and what the Soul of Stone even is. As usual, when all plans go perfectly and nothing could possibly get any better, it quickly goes wrong instead.

Music:

Sonic CD (JP): Metallic Madness Present

Metronomy: Radio Ladio

Noitu Love 2: Primal Metal

Gravity Rush: Resistance and Extermination

Ys Origin: Genesis Beyond the Beginning

Noitu Love 2: Locomotion

Sonic CD (JP): Special Stage

Sonic CD (JP): Boss

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I listened to the auction episode today while visiting my extremely sick pet ferret. It was a terrible day but thank you for producing something which cheered me up just enough to make it home. Thanks guys. :unsmith:

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Cat Cannon! The dastardly cats strike again! Just another hint that the cats are behind it all.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Help I cannot stop laughing at the auction portion of the episode.

Session 42 is my new favorite, I can't wait for y'all to capture the drilling machine and then never use it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

ArkInBlack posted:

Help I cannot stop laughing at the auction portion of the episode.

Session 42 is my new favorite, I can't wait for y'all to capture the drilling machine and then never use it.

I think you'll love the next session, it was quite...magical!

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

https://13questions.tumblr.com/episdoes

Afinostux
Dec 26, 2012

The lich king got on the computer again :rolleyes:

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I just got to Metallic Orb's intro. I like it. Strong contender against Manuel's Duchess's "My son!" gambit.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Awfully convenient that the moment the party signs up with the Empire, they find a reason to start distrusting the Elf Queen, the one icon that most of the party had closest allegiance to.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

The elf queen is probably evil. You can't trust an elf. Elf begins with "E" and so does evil. Coincidence? I think not!

Good thing our brave team has no elves in it! :ssh:

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I forget if it's canon in the game or not but the EQ is closely tied to the High Druid, who(se followers) we know are into some dark poo poo (though Groat might not be really representative). Even if the elves at the Leaf Ritual weren't too into the murder-ape plan, they were still going to do it.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

Awfully convenient that the moment the party signs up with the Empire, they find a reason to start distrusting the Elf Queen, the one icon that most of the party had closest allegiance to.

Maybe Ironicus (or the group as a whole) wanted to show that everyone isn't just their stated alignment through and through. Even the good guys aren't shining paragons of morality, never doing wrong. And the bad guys aren't all completely irredeemable scum who're mustache twirling villains.

Except the Lich King, he's probably just a huge pile of poo poo in the form of a skeleton.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

ArkInBlack posted:

Except the Lich King, he's probably just a huge pile of poo poo in the form of a skeleton.

Nah. The Lich King is lawful evil, where law is having a shitton* of mindless peons who do exactly as told asking no questions. I believe Nav hates this because he is Chaotic -Good? and enslaving undead disgusts him because of course it does.

*Ideally, every living thing in existence in every dimension for the rest of time.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Gensuki posted:

Nah. The Lich King is lawful evil, where law is having a shitton* of mindless peons who do exactly as told asking no questions. I believe Nav hates this because he is Chaotic -Good? and enslaving undead disgusts him because of course it does.

*Ideally, every living thing in existence in every dimension for the rest of time.

Well that's kinda sorta what I'm saying? That the Lich King has no redeemable features, nothing anyone would point and say "Well okay that's a positive for him".

Also death to alignment. :colbert:

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

The point in the Lich King's favor is that skeletons are rad. Long (un)live the new skeleton order.

e: Though if Nav supplants him and brings in an age of friendlier undead that'd be cool too, just as long as the dream of skeletons is kept (un)alive.

PublicOpinion fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 18, 2014

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

ArkInBlack posted:

Well that's kinda sorta what I'm saying? That the Lich King has no redeemable features, nothing anyone would point and say "Well okay that's a positive for him".

Also death to alignment. :colbert:

I don't know. Absolute, lifeless order isn't that bad is it? It sounds pretty neutral as far as ultimate fates of the world go? That's just me though.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
I'd imagine that if word got out about a certain impending doom, cults of living people may pop up that look to the Lich King as salvation since he'd represent a second chance at fighting the demons back. If times got desperate enough, there's a lot of people who could end up striking a deal with the Lich King to raise an army large enough to fight the demon hordes.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Gensuki posted:

I don't know. Absolute, lifeless order isn't that bad is it? It sounds pretty neutral as far as ultimate fates of the world go? That's just me though.

Yep, just gonna kill everyone and then make them obey an undying leader with few 'people' actually being able to make choices in their unlife. There are many things wrong with this and I don't see any bit that's actually positive.

I guess if trains get created in the stagnant unchanging dead future they'd run on time. That'd be worth it, right?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

You might be able to get people to buy into the legend of the Wizard King as a great and powerful ruler who could unite everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if a chunk of Horizonites have secret wishes for a return to wizards ruling the world, even if it's skeleton wizards.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

ArkInBlack posted:

Yep, just gonna kill everyone and then make them obey an undying leader with few 'people' actually being able to make choices in their unlife. There are many things wrong with this and I don't see any bit that's actually positive.

I guess if trains get created in the stagnant unchanging dead future they'd run on time. That'd be worth it, right?

The Lich King promises no war, no hunger, and no disease yo. In death there is peace. I am not saying some cliched dystopia nonsense like in slavery there is freedom, I am saying freedom is worth less than happiness, and happiness is worth less than the end of active suffering. It's not like the Lich King is the guy who goes around zapping skeletons for fun. He's also (probably) not just going to chain a bunch of skeletons to a wheel and have them walk in a circle for eternity to power his seat warmer.

Your servitude to the Lich King is the same as your servitude to the emperor. except instead of mining gold, you are mining corpses. Instead of hunting for meat and fur, you are "training" some pets/beasts of burden. Instead of a statue of a 14 year old, you are making a statue of a skeleton.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Gensuki posted:

He's also (probably) not just going to chain a bunch of skeletons to a wheel and have them walk in a circle for eternity to power his seat warmer.

He might not do it to power his seat warmer... but what about chaining skeletons to wheels to turn them into MURDER MACHINES?

Here's the things I think I know about the Lich King in the LP canon:
-experiments with Outsiders and creates shadow matter constructs (Prienne/Nav)
-false hand is a powerful necromantic artifact and one of the keys
-real ex-hand is a powerful artifact of some kind that I can't remember what it does, in the possession of the PoS, not a key
-is one-eyed, and also a bastard (according to Nav)
-undead army leaves supply caches hidden in various places
-loaned out some security to the Blue if I remember right?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

PublicOpinion posted:

He might not do it to power his seat warmer... but what about chaining skeletons to wheels to turn them into MURDER MACHINES?

I frequently wish I could roll down a hill instead of walk. I am all for becoming half wheel.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

PublicOpinion posted:

Here's the things I think I know about the Lich King in the LP canon:
-experiments with Outsiders and creates shadow matter constructs (Prienne/Nav)
-false hand is a powerful necromantic artifact and one of the keys
-real ex-hand is a powerful artifact of some kind that I can't remember what it does, in the possession of the PoS, not a key
-is one-eyed, and also a bastard (according to Nav)
-undead army leaves supply caches hidden in various places
-loaned out some security to the Blue if I remember right?

You're all good (especially on the bastard part)except for the last bit. Not all undead are the Lich King's, though most are. The saying goes that improper burials might be revived by anyone, but will definitely be revived by the Lich King. Your uncle rising from the grave to feast on the town is a sure sign of a local necromancer, but your uncle suddenly vanishing from his grave with no trace is a sure sign of summoning to Necropolis, or a Romeo and Juliet conspiracy.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

PlasmaMan posted:

You're all good (especially on the bastard part)except for the last bit. Not all undead are the Lich King's, though most are. The saying goes that improper burials might be revived by anyone, but will definitely be revived by the Lich King. Your uncle rising from the grave to feast on the town is a sure sign of a local necromancer, but your uncle suddenly vanishing from his grave with no trace is a sure sign of summoning to Necropolis, or a Romeo and Juliet conspiracy.

So either necromantics or nec-romantics, then?

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
I guess further positives for the Lich King, since we're looking for them, are that he managed to create and maintain a vast, sustainable empire. He was actually the one who created all the stuff in the lands that the Dragon Emperor has been claiming since his defeat. As I understand it, the 13th Age Empire hasn't really made anything new of itself, it's basically been trying to hold together the leftovers of the Witch King's kingdom. (Don't tell Margaret. :ssh:) Unless I'm reading way too much into the setting and that doesn't actually apply in this game.

Random blabber
Dec 14, 2013

Gensuki posted:

The Lich King promises no war, no hunger, and no disease yo. In death there is peace. I am not saying some cliched dystopia nonsense like in slavery there is freedom, I am saying freedom is worth less than happiness, and happiness is worth less than the end of active suffering. It's not like the Lich King is the guy who goes around zapping skeletons for fun. He's also (probably) not just going to chain a bunch of skeletons to a wheel and have them walk in a circle for eternity to power his seat warmer.

Your servitude to the Lich King is the same as your servitude to the emperor. except instead of mining gold, you are mining corpses. Instead of hunting for meat and fur, you are "training" some pets/beasts of burden. Instead of a statue of a 14 year old, you are making a statue of a skeleton.

So basically the Lich King is the patron of 14 year olds who think that "life is suffering"

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

More fanart! I drew my interpretation of Lorette Stone, complete with her trusty clipboard. She reminds me a lot of Mrs. Coulter from The Golden Compass.

McGwee
May 1, 2012

I can't wait for the big fight, are both parties gonna fight the murder machine together?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
So speaking of the Demon Army what were the last two twists and counter-twists

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

McGwee posted:

I can't wait for the big fight, are both parties gonna fight the murder machine together?

unfortunately, everyone is very busy doing different things. for instance, I think cactus was named head of a cultural revolution by mistake.

Rumda posted:

So speaking of the Demon Army what were the last two twists and counter-twists

WHO CARES HE WOULD HAVE CHEATED ANYWAY

Devious Vacuum posted:

More fanart! I drew my interpretation of Lorette Stone, complete with her trusty clipboard. She reminds me a lot of Mrs. Coulter from The Golden Compass.

this is great! you won't be able to see it but I promise we'll use this as her pog forever now.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

McGwee posted:

Unfortunately the Battle of the Bands caused most of the other party to be busy with other stuff. For my part; both of Scarlett's brothers (Yes both of them are there, this will be explained at some point) wound up caught in the riot (and by "caught in" I mean "actively taking part in").

This does not mean the coming battle is any less amazing, keep in mind. I think you'll like it!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Drakkel posted:

Unfortunately the Battle of the Bands caused most of the other party to be busy with other stuff. For my part; both of Scarlett's brothers (Yes both of them are there, this will be explained at some point) wound up caught in the riot (and by "caught in" I mean "actively taking part in").

This does not mean the coming battle is any less amazing, keep in mind. I think you'll like it!

So which pompous idiot has this Algernon started to tag along with? Gilder?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Crossover madness! I can see the conflict now: syrg and ironicus trying to both DM and Play simultaneously, joeyand manuel comparing fashions, a tired Margaret simply shooting minerelle, plas locking up plas, freeing plas, while drakkel spends his time sighing at the rest in three different exasperated tones!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rumda posted:

So which pompous idiot has this Algernon started to tag along with? Gilder?

13a Joey is quite the Kjess player...

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Aurora posted:

13a Joey is quite the Kjess player...

One Unique Thing:

KING OF THE MINOTAURS!!!!!!

Backgrounds:

Unreasonable 3
Lady Luck's Boyfriend 3
Bug Arm 2

Icon Relationships

Joey (Positive) 99999.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

ladyboy pancake posted:

One Unique Thing:

KING OF THE MINOTAURS!!!!!!

Backgrounds:

Unreasonable 3
Lady Luck's Boyfriend 3
Bug Arm 2

Icon Relationships

Joey (Positive) 99999.

I would think Joey would be more of an Icon, rather than a normal PC.

• Locked thread