Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AceFace905
Feb 27, 2007
The only real downer to today's race is that now Sauber are dead-last in the constructors' points :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
haha Toto saying they need a crystal ball is great

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Every minute was a new whining message about pitting.

He was right though, let's not forget that.

Anyway, it's good to have some controversy back in the thread. Aqualung basically hasn't been able to post for 3 months because his hate-crush has been stomping the races.

As an unabashed Lewis fan I will be here to graciously accept your mumbled excuses when Hamilton reigns WDCx2!

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

^^^^^ Always with the personal attacks, I'm beginning to think I'm your hate-crush.

:glomp:

It's gonna be ok.

krushgroove posted:

haha Toto saying they need a crystal ball is great

Hahaha the Sky guys are trying to imply that Mercedes should have given Hamilton the preferential strategy even though he was the second car on the track.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Surpised they haven't suggested that they sign our jense and get rid of that awful jerry. keep mercedes british imo

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Aqualung posted:

^^^^^ Always with the personal attacks, I'm beginning to think I'm your hate-crush.

It's gonna be ok.

Hahaha the Sky guys are trying to imply that Mercedes should have given Hamilton the preferential strategy even though he was the second car on the track.

And the first car in the WDC. But if they'd brought Rosberg in first Lewis would possibly have ended up ahead after the SC anyway.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NtotheTC posted:

He was right though, let's not forget that.

No, Toto just confirmed to the Sky guys that Nico would have been brought in first regardless, and if he'd come in anyway they wouldn't have given him the tires.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

AceFace905 posted:

The only real downer to today's race is that now Sauber are dead-last in the constructors' points :effort:
Not surprising considering last year most of us thought their driver lineup for 2014 was going to be a Russian school boy and Esteban Guttierez. That they have any points is a small miracle if you ask me.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Jedit posted:

And the first car in the WDC.

Should they have given the preferential strategy to Rosberg for every race before this one even though he was second on track?

:ironicat:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Awwww Bianchi.

:3:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Guys, I think the real winners here are the fans - because it gave us a reason to watch Monaco, which is usually a massive borefest.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Aqualung posted:

You are unironically my favourite poster :3:

VVVVVVV Now who's getting personal? Thats way too far over the line.

Although if by "history repeating" you mean Hamilton 4xWDC in a row then yes, fine.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 25, 2014

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

Aqualung posted:

It's gonna be ok.

NtotheTC is to Hamilton as Shogunner was to Vettel. It's going to be great to see history repeat.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I'm a giant Hamilton fan and I found his ranting on track kind of embarasing. Although he will probably take ownership of it afterwards. Remember in 2009 when he got caught bitching out his crew over poor pit strategy when he was asked 2 weeks later if he would do it again he basically said "oh poo poo yeah"

So if you're expecting an apology...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Sauber should look into hiring Max Chilton so they can at least finish a race or two this season.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/takiinoue/status/470562209018691584/photo/1

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

Aqualung posted:

That's just British Sport Fans (TM) jerking each other off in this thread.

All of Vettel's whining since he first showed up in F1 is nothing compared to a good 'ol week of sticking a microphone in front of Hamilton.

loving this 100%. poo poo always seems to stick to Kraut drivers though. BBC/Sky wouldnt even finish saying Schumacher's name before bringing up Jerez 97, Adelaide 94 and Monaco 06. Vettel has a little whinge at his mechanics and he's forever a whiner or a 'crash kid'. How often do we hear about Hamilton lying to the stewards in Australia 09 these days though?

Hamilton has 4 wins and a 2nd to his name in six races and all we ever seem to hear is him spitting abuse at his engineer and looking awkward and unhappy on the podium. Rosberg kept his poo poo together when Hamilton was on the top step, Hammy should be expected to do the same. Hell he walked away as Ricciardo was still giving his podium interview. Lewis I know you don't care about him, but thats straight up disrespectful!

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

I want to see Schumacher-throwing-refrigerator levels of photos coming out of Marussia in the next few days.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Can someone please make me a BBC logo that morphs into a Nazi symbol? Preferably avatar sized. It's important. Thanks.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

krushgroove posted:

Guys, I think the real winners here are the fans - because it gave us a reason to watch Monaco, which is usually a massive borefest.

Agreed

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Lewis is completely destroying his credibility in that post race interview with Sky. What a baby.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Lewis is completely destroying his credibility in that post race interview with Sky. What a baby.

Meanwhile, at XIX Entertainment :homebrew:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I missed it what did he say?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I missed it what did he say?

Nico isn't my friend, I'm a big baby, I should have won, a bloo bloo bloo

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Cojawfee posted:

Nico isn't my friend, I'm a big baby, I should have won, a bloo bloo bloo

This basically. I had a massive :rolleyes: when he said 'Nico isn't my friend'

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Meanwhile Nico is all smiles and saying they're still friends and 'friends is a big word', which is a nice way to put it.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Wow I felt sorry for Nico then. Sky asked him if he is still friends with Lewis, Nico look amused and said 'yes of course, we have known each other for years' then Sky said to him that Lewis said he isn't friends with you anymore and Nico look genuinely hurt and distracted for the rest of the interview.

AceFace905
Feb 27, 2007

Sashimi posted:

Not surprising considering last year most of us thought their driver lineup for 2014 was going to be a Russian school boy and Esteban Guttierez. That they have any points is a small miracle if you ask me.
They don't, Sutil and Ericsson each have an 11th now--but Gutierrez has a 12th to Kamui's best of 13th, so actually Sauber is still ahead of Caterham. :doh:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

e: eh, the huge size is a metaphor for Nico's hunger.

Kilmers Elbow fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 25, 2014

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Wow I felt sorry for Nico then. Sky asked him if he is still friends with Lewis, Nico look amused and said 'yes of course, we have known each other for years' then Sky said to him that Lewis said he isn't friends with you anymore and Nico look genuinely hurt and distracted for the rest of the interview.

Lewis is a bully.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The mind games are well and truly on. It's going to get uglier from here out and I'm loving it lads.

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

AgentJotun posted:

loving this 100%. poo poo always seems to stick to Kraut drivers though. BBC/Sky wouldnt even finish saying Schumacher's name before bringing up Jerez 97, Adelaide 94 and Monaco 06. Vettel has a little whinge at his mechanics and he's forever a whiner or a 'crash kid'. How often do we hear about Hamilton lying to the stewards in Australia 09 these days though?

Hamilton has 4 wins and a 2nd to his name in six races and all we ever seem to hear is him spitting abuse at his engineer and looking awkward and unhappy on the podium. Rosberg kept his poo poo together when Hamilton was on the top step, Hammy should be expected to do the same. Hell he walked away as Ricciardo was still giving his podium interview. Lewis I know you don't care about him, but thats straight up disrespectful!

If the driver in question is 'your guy,' you'll invariably point out that if he didn't whine/moan/'cheat' he wouldn't be a champion because he has a loser/No. 2 driver mentality. But the other guy? Infantile twat and a lesser man. Ironically that leads to people going on about the slightest things knowing full well that all of the top guys are cunts of the highest order in some manner. Did Lewis smile enough in the winners photo? I've done the measurements and his smile was a few millimeters wider after Spain, that petulant baby needs to cool his emotions! It's great entertainment in the moment, but I find all the moralizing that goes on after to be a bit tired. Nobody will remember any of this nonsense by Canada.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Kilmers Elbow posted:

e: eh, the huge size is a metaphor for Nico's hunger.

He can break my tables any time :allears:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
How did Vettel do? I didn't watch the race- was he good?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Fag Boy Jim posted:

How did Vettel do? I didn't watch the race- was he good?

He's really showing what he's capable of.

VVV poty gets it.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 25, 2014

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

markgreyam posted:

Pretentious, narcissistic, arrogant as all gently caress, and just generally dis-likeable, I have no idea why you weren't all jumping to call out Hamilton as the driver to follow for someone new to F1.

This is how Rosberg fans celebrate beating their half blind teammate. You guys no class, much like your cheating idol

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
breaking news: Lewis is NOT inviting Nico to his birthday party

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Grayly Squirrel posted:

I want to see Schumacher-throwing-refrigerator levels of photos coming out of Marussia in the next few days.

Those really are the best photos ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Didn't some one near the end of the Sky broadcast say that Lewis complained about Nico because he was playing with a football and it was making too much noise. He isn't a whiny baby he is a mean old git that gets cranky over those dam kids. also im sure I heard Brundle say something about a car clearing its throat and how come it wasn't considered traction control, but missed what car he was referring to.

• Locked thread