Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

MrLonghair posted:

The PS3 Slim had a fine set of buttons. They never triggered by freaking mistake, for one thing.

Same but SNES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

muscles like this? posted:

I couldn't even tell you the last time I touched those buttons.

You should be thankful. I use my controller now most of the times, because of how weird the eject button is.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Short snippets of video from the Project Beast trailer have leaked: From Gaf.

http://a.pomf.se/pfqpvs.webm
http://a.pomf.se/akfinw.webm
http://a.pomf.se/zoyrmx.webm
http://a.pomf.se/djsxfc.webm

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Wow its crazy how obviously unrelated it is to Dark/Demon's Souls!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That loving whip!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

that backdash shotgun blast!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

the truth posted:

The story is dumb, but the city and side activities are great. I like it more the more I play it.

This. Me too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Wow its crazy how obviously unrelated it is to Dark/Demon's Souls!

Don't give a gently caress, inject it directly into my veins

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wow, those look great.

Edit: How do these kind of snippets leak anyway? Do developers/publishers do this incognito to drum up pre-show hype or something?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Oxxidation posted:

Don't give a gently caress, inject it directly into my veins

Oh no I was being sarcastic and I am super excited for Demon Souls 2 or whatever it is. Whoop whoop give me more

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Further confirmation that every rumour in the video game industry turns out to be true.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

:tviv:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Jimbot posted:

Wow, those look great.

Edit: How do these kind of snippets leak anyway? Do developers/publishers do this incognito to drum up pre-show hype or something?
Some dude posted it here, a vid made of the webm's is here

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I want to say oh holky gently caress too but the videos won't play.

edit: ok, saw on youtube. Yep, that does it for me.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I'm hype...LET'S GO BEAST SOULS!!! :hist101:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh drat that looks sweet.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Should be fun, hopefully it won't wear thin like Dark Souls 2 did.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
There are going to be so many irate PC Gamers if that's a Sony exclusive.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Donald Kimball posted:

Should be fun, hopefully it won't wear thin like Dark Souls 2 did.
For me, DS2 hit a stale point about 1/3 of the way through and then came roaring back afterwards.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
All I want is for From to take it next gen alllll the way as hard as they can and then stop, right before they gently caress up the framerate. :)

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Feenix posted:

All I want is for From to take it next gen alllll the way as hard as they can and then stop, right before they gently caress up the framerate. :)
I'm sure they'll find a way to render some liquid or fog so inefficiently that it'll become Blighttown 2.0.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
The only thing I don't like about watch dogs is they made free roam non competitive by default. You can't kill anyone unless they have adversary mode switched on. No one does, that's dumb.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow it really looks like they amped up the fidelity in those videos. Dark Souls 2 was fun but it certainly didn't looks any better than the first game. This totally does while retaining the art style.

Awesome. I couldn't be more excited for a proper reveal on this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is this the new footage? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrCDWfdnsRc

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

It's made from joining the links to the webms above, so yup, it's the new leaked footage.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Yes, those are the webms stitched together.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Housh posted:

I played Watch_Dogs for maybe 2 hours before popping Wolfenstein back in.
I'm the opposite, I loved Wolfenstein until halfway through and then it felt like a slog. And I'm easy to please with FPS games so I was surprised that happened.

Watch_Dogs' story is meh but the gameplay combines all the little things I like in games into one package. I'm happy I finally made a digital PS4 purchase I don't regret (the others were Ghosts and Killzone).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Could I complete most of Watch Dogs' content w/o or only rarely resorting to guns? Is doing so a fun proposition?

That's the game I wanted from the E3 2012 trailer, but it's not what I'm seeing in reviews and impressions.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

Could I complete most of Watch Dogs' content w/o or only rarely resorting to guns? Is doing so a fun proposition?

That's the game I wanted from the E3 2012 trailer, but it's not what I'm seeing in reviews and impressions.
Yeah, this like me with the hidden blade in AC. To me, only a handgun at the very most makes sense for that setting.

edit: given that if its like GTA, any gun kills the enemy just as dead as any other gun.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 30, 2014

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Well, most of the really big encounters you can do stealthy mostly by relying on hacking tricks to just bypass dudes altogether. In particular, you can unlock CTOS in all six districts without fighting anybody. That said, there's plenty of combat in the game, and while you always have a melee takedown, guns are super convenient for making the combat manageable. You can almost always run away from the really big fights with cops or bad dudes, though. I haven't gotten far enough in the main story to know if there's unskippable fights, although the WD thread is mentioning some fights with enforcer guys (armored dudes who are resistant to gunfire but vulnerable to boom booms and you can get a skill to use melee on them). There's a few side missions where you're tasked to specifically off dudes, especially criminal convoys. You'll almost certainly have to shoot or blow up guys to do those side missions.

In other words, you can do a lot of stuff w/o using guns by simply not fighting dudes, and then it almost plays like a puzzle game. It's pretty neat. You're also frequently rewarded for going non-lethal. You get double xp for basic crime stopping if you do a melee takedown instead of killing the criminal.

bobtheconqueror fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 30, 2014

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I've had my ps4 since january and i'm not fond of it, the controller s is great but the games aren't fun. When is sony gonna deliver the goods?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

bobtheconqueror posted:

Well, most of the really big encounters you can do stealthy mostly by relying on hacking tricks to just bypass dudes altogether. In particular, you can unlock CTOS in all six districts without fighting anybody. That said, there's plenty of combat in the game, and while you always have a melee takedown, guns are super convenient for making the combat manageable. You can almost always run away from the really big fights with cops or bad dudes, though. I haven't gotten far enough in the main story to know if there's unskippable fights, although the WD thread is mentioning some fights with enforcer guys (armored dudes who are resistant to gunfire but vulnerable to boom booms and you can get a skill to use melee on them). There's a few side missions where you're tasked to specifically off dudes, especially criminal convoys. You'll almost certainly have to shoot or blow up guys to do those side missions.

In other words, you can do a lot of stuff w/o using guns by simply not fighting dudes, and then it almost plays like a puzzle game. It's pretty neat. You're also frequently rewarded for going non-lethal. You get double xp for basic crime stopping if you do a melee takedown instead of killing the criminal.
That sounds a bit more encouraging.

Still waiting for that proper cyberpunk(ish) cybersleuthing cybertactical game, though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only thing I've used guns on is invading players. Because that's pretty much the only thing I've done since unlocking it; I don't care about all the gang wars or street crime or whatever else they want me to do.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Vaati breaks down the Project Beast footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxy-b0i7864

I didn't even notice the awesome blade before, thought it was just a rapier or something.
I'm way more hyped for this than I anything else announced, it just oozes atmosphere in a way that I don't think Dark Souls managed to capture as well.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I've had my ps4 since january and i'm not fond of it, the controller s is great but the games aren't fun. When is sony gonna deliver the goods?

Considering Sony is gonna be streaming E3 in movie theaters all across North America, and considering we're getting a PS4-exclusive Souls game by Fromsoft's A team, give Sony at least until E3 to convince you that you made the right purchase. Sony has something big planned, I can feel it.

Edit: \/\/\/ - I enjoyed Infamous SS, for what it's worth.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 30, 2014

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

TaurusOxford posted:

Considering Sony is gonna be streaming E3 in movie theaters all across North America, and considering we're getting a PS4-exclusive Souls game by Fromsoft's A team, give Sony at least until E3 to convince you that you made the right purchase.

I have the utmost faith, Second Son disappointed me so much though

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You can actually clear some areas of Watch Underscore Dogs out without doing anything other than hopping in between cameras, although sometimes the game wants you to non-lethally take guys down in some side missions.

I mostly try to mess with gadgets and use take downs but sometimes you assume "Wearing explosives" is "Distract" and you start the mother of all gently caress ups and have to explode everyone.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Considering Sony is gonna be streaming E3 in movie theaters all across North America, and considering we're getting a PS4-exclusive Souls game by Fromsoft's A team, give Sony at least until E3 to convince you that you made the right purchase. Sony has something big planned, I can feel it.

e3 is always garbage. Expect nothing from sony until 2015 or 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Reive posted:

Vaati breaks down the Project Beast footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxy-b0i7864

I didn't even notice the awesome blade before, thought it was just a rapier or something.
I'm way more hyped for this than I anything else announced, it just oozes atmosphere in a way that I don't think Dark Souls managed to capture as well.
The blade looks like a switch scythe, saw it get suggested before but couldn't notice until the slowmo in the video.
e:also look at dem ragdolls.

• Locked thread