Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

MisterBibs posted:

At what point should I start considering resetting for those Heavenly Chips? I'm running 100 Cursors through Portals and 5 Time Machines away from the achievement. My Cookies-Per-Second is ~30 billion, and any upgrades I'm looking at are upwards of 500 trillion a pop.

What's your total baked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Dum Cumpster posted:

What's your total baked?

3.238 quadrillion.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Go for it. You'll get a big boost.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Unless you're very close to getting all the eggs I'd definitely reset.

Speaking of which, finally got my 20th egg! Can finally reset.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So, is the optimal thing still to just activate stage 1 of the grandmapocalypse so you have a lot of golden cookies still and wrinklers?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

So, is the optimal thing still to just activate stage 1 of the grandmapocalypse so you have a lot of golden cookies still and wrinklers?

It depends on if you are using an add on and what your playstyle/level of attentiveness is.

I think the latest math indicates that if you use an auto-clicker it is better to go full grandmapocalypse and pledge, if you don't use an auto-clicker than the difference is largely negligible so just play the way you like.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
It's definitely better to stay at stage 1 while getting the easter eggs.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I think staying at stage 1 means that about 1/3-1/2 of the time you are operating under x7 multiplier in addition to the x6 multiplier of the wrinklers. In general that works out to a x14 multiplier. Because of how much more powerful prisms are than grandmas, the last two upgrades for the grandmapocalypse are negligable compared to the frenzy x wrinklers.

Compared to the x3.5 from the pledge or the x6 from the wrinklers alone in stage three.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
You're going to be playing inefficiently when going for the eggs, so unless you're dead set on playing in stage one, I'd just go full grandmapocolypse and get it over asap. If you're popping the wrinklers for eggs you're not getting much benefit out of them. Wrinklers spawn half as often at stage one, anyway

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've never triggered the Grandmapocalypse. Maybe it's the SCP Foundation writer in me, but it never seems like a good idea.

Oh and while I'm sure there's better / easier ones out there, I figure I'd share Riimu's Cookie Clicker Optimizer. It's really helpful.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Orteil seems to be punishing people who like to make cookies by hand,t he old fashioned way. That's OK. We all have to automate at some point. So, aside from "Add this to the javascript" how to I actually make these things work?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I like to click the cookie really fast setup FC to autoclick the cookie really fast.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Frozen Cookies is pretty simple: turn on autobuy and autoclick for golden cookies/wrinklers/reindeer, then set autoclick to your desired frequencies for frenzy (normal and click) time and non-frenzy time. I recommend setting the frenzy clicks to maximum (250) at least - normal clicks can be set to whatever won't make your browser slow/unresponsive and won't hurt to lower as much despite doing their fair share all the same near maximum value. It'll run pretty swell on its own after that - the only things you can't get through FC without changing the settings or messing with blacklists are wrinkler pops, holiday cookies that aren't from Christmas or Easter and the Neverclick achievement.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Is anyone seeing this too?

Apparently Github changed something on their side and now hotlinking from Javascript no longer works. I'm afraid to reload FC to verify. :ohdear:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I use the Greasemonkey script and it still works so :shrug:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Frozen Cookies is pretty simple: turn on autobuy and autoclick for golden cookies/wrinklers/reindeer, then set autoclick to your desired frequencies for frenzy (normal and click) time and non-frenzy time. I recommend setting the frenzy clicks to maximum (250) at least - normal clicks can be set to whatever won't make your browser slow/unresponsive and won't hurt to lower as much despite doing their fair share all the same near maximum value. It'll run pretty swell on its own after that - the only things you can't get through FC without changing the settings or messing with blacklists are wrinkler pops, holiday cookies that aren't from Christmas or Easter and the Neverclick achievement.

You can do the same with Cookie Master and it will auto-click during your Elder Frenzies as well.

Getting all of the upgrades does take quite a bit of manual intervention, particularly in the case of random drops and those that don't directly contribute to CPS like the random drop upgrades or the Research accelerator. However, FC has factored in holiday switches for Christmas and V-Day (iirc).

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

You can do the same with Cookie Master and it will auto-click during your Elder Frenzies as well.

Getting all of the upgrades does take quite a bit of manual intervention, particularly in the case of random drops and those that don't directly contribute to CPS like the random drop upgrades or the Research accelerator. However, FC has factored in holiday switches for Christmas and V-Day (iirc).

Random drop upgrades are annoying, yeah - I wish there was a way to set FC so that it would buy upgrades that cost less than your current CPS so long as the net gain in cookies was greater than zero (only exception I can think of that would be needed would be the chocolate egg). Still, you don't need to make any changes to the settings for that, unlike wrinkler pops (requires Grandmapocalypse setting), though you're right that you can just take the lovesick/spooky biscuit and force FC to buy the V-Day/Halloween cookies before going back to Christmas. Research accelerator is sort of an interesting case though - sure, you get the upgrades faster, but you also get shoved into pledging earlier. It's certainly worth it once Communal Brainsweep pops up because then the golden cookie faucet starts to turn off, but is it worth it before then? I'm not too sure and I figure I'm better off waiting to see what someone else maths out of that question. Of course, once the math is clear on where the breakpoint is on CPS effects of earlier upgrades vs. more time of unabated golden cookies, I'd certainly also be interested in having that be automatically bought at the best time too.

Ah, yeah and then there's resetting for the heavenly chips/prepping to get the most from the chocolate egg before reset that's also manual. I don't think any add-ons have automated that yet though.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Random drop upgrades are annoying, yeah

Btw, lately I've been able to get the Valentine's Day cookies in less than a minute: switch to VD, a new heart cookie pops up every 10 seconds, switch back to Christmas. No wrinkler or GC popping required.

Is this a bug or is the VD drop chance bonus cookie really that effective?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The Valentine's upgrades were never random drops. They just can only be purchased one at a time, like one of the tiers of regular cookie type upgrades.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, you can get all those cookies in about 10 seconds if you don't switch seasons.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Did they change the color of the Slime Cookie to be less neon?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pizzatime posted:

Did they change the color of the Slime Cookie to be less neon?

Looks like it.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Merijn posted:

Is anyone seeing this too?

Apparently Github changed something on their side and now hotlinking from Javascript no longer works. I'm afraid to reload FC to verify. :ohdear:

About a month ago frozen cookies updated the bookmarklet code to point to a proxy server they set up instead of directly at github to address this issue. If you go to the github page you should see the new URL and you can update your script.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've only just installed it, so perhaps my answer might be found in an option I haven't seen: is there any way to tweak what Frozen Cookies suggests I buy next? It suggests One Mind / etc, but I have no interest in doing that.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

There are 20 eggs right? I'm at 19 with over 500 wrinklers popped and I really want to reset but uggggggh

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
According to the wiki once you're down to the last rare egg the chance of it generating is 2.5% the chance of getting your first egg.

So yeah, it can take a while.

EDIT: Oh cool, someone also did the math for average # of wrinklers: with Santa's Bag it's 663, so you're most of the way there. :toot:

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
wow this game loving sucks

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

I've only just installed it, so perhaps my answer might be found in an option I haven't seen: is there any way to tweak what Frozen Cookies suggests I buy next? It suggests One Mind / etc, but I have no interest in doing that.

It always suggests the most optimal thing, that's all it's built for.

But you can turn on the 'Grandmapocalypse' blacklist and prevent it from buying it, I think.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Sindai posted:

According to the wiki once you're down to the last rare egg the chance of it generating is 2.5% the chance of getting your first egg.

So yeah, it can take a while.

EDIT: Oh cool, someone also did the math for average # of wrinklers: with Santa's Bag it's 663, so you're most of the way there. :toot:

I was about 1000 wrinklers in before I got my 20th egg the first time. For salt in the wound, it was Omlette.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Much like your posting.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Solid Poopsnake posted:

You're not wrong.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Merijn posted:

It always suggests the most optimal thing, that's all it's built for.

But you can turn on the 'Grandmapocalypse' blacklist and prevent it from buying it, I think.

That's not how that blacklist works. 'Grandmapocalypse' actually makes you stay in the apocalypse rather than eventually pledging out. Keeping it off means that yes, you'll have to deal with the effects of wrath cookies which don't start actually overtaking golden cookies until after Communal Brainsweep... but once pledging is unlocked it will just automatically buy that every so many hours and you can go back to your precious golden cookies.

e: if you have enough HCs even the maximum pledge cost is a fraction of your base cps - if you have no HCs now, reset when FC says you'll get like 300 or so or something, you'll get all your stuff back faster and be better set next time.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 30, 2014

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Man, why do you need 90 quadrillion cookies to buy some blue sparkly Kitten Overseers? :smith:

EDIT: Man, I feel like such a cheater turning on the option that auto-clicks the GCs, but I've gotten to the point where I've generally exhausted the Stuff I Can Do While Also Maintaining My Eye On My CC Monitor.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I need 18.199 septillion cookies for my 398th cursor....gently caress you Orteil.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

MisterBibs posted:

Man, why do you need 90 quadrillion cookies to buy some blue sparkly Kitten Overseers? :smith:

EDIT: Man, I feel like such a cheater turning on the option that auto-clicks the GCs, but I've gotten to the point where I've generally exhausted the Stuff I Can Do While Also Maintaining My Eye On My CC Monitor.

They're only 1/1000th the cost of kitten managers!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I got my 20th egg on luck wrinkler #700.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

They changed it. :sadwave:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MisterBibs posted:

I'm genuinely curious why. It increases your overall CPS if you autopledge, are you just against autopledging but not autobuying?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm genuinely curious why. It increases your overall CPS if you autopledge, are you just against autopledging but not autobuying?

As I understand it, triggering the Grandmas requires a level of automation I'm not really fond of. I barely tolerate setting the game to automatically click the GCs, having auto-buys is something I'm not super interested in.

I'd be more agreeable to it if I could tell FC to only auto-click GCs, ignore Red Cookies, and only auto-buy Pledges when required, but leave all the rest of the buying to me. I don't think I can pull that off, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

MisterBibs posted:

As I understand it, triggering the Grandmas requires a level of automation I'm not really fond of. I barely tolerate setting the game to automatically click the GCs, having auto-buys is something I'm not super interested in.

I'd be more agreeable to it if I could tell FC to only auto-click GCs, ignore Red Cookies, and only auto-buy Pledges when required, but leave all the rest of the buying to me. I don't think I can pull that off, though.

Paste this into the JavaScript console.

code:
setInterval(function() {
    if (Game.goldenCookie.life > 0 && Game.goldenCookie.wrath == 0) {
        Game.goldenCookie.click();
    }

if (Game.UpgradesInStore.indexOf(Game.Upgrades["Elder Pledge"]) != -1) {
        Game.Upgrades["Elder Pledge"].buy();
    }
}, 500);

• Locked thread