Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

drat, I just missed grabbing SMT Devil Survivor for $15. The price flipped back right after I made room on my SD card. Is there a certain time of day that sales usually end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Noon Eastern/9am Pacific

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Evil Eagle posted:

drat, I just missed grabbing SMT Devil Survivor for $15. The price flipped back right after I made room on my SD card. Is there a certain time of day that sales usually end?

Whoops, totally forgot to look into Devil Survivor myself. I wasn't sure if I wanted it, wound up forgetting to read up on it. Thankfully I'm pretty sure those go on sale somewhat frequently, so just give it a little while and you'll get your chance again.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

Please don't buy Project X Zone.

If you want to buy Project X Zone, just download the demo(s) to quash that desire.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
A Steel Diver and Wii U firmware update on the same night !

The Blue Marine is really OP for a free sub.

Free players need to spend 2 play coins per round.

What?

Fight! For your kite! fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 3, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Suspicious Cook posted:

If you want to buy Project X Zone, just download the demo(s) to quash that desire.

Yes, the demo is super fun but it is also 30 minutes long. It does not remain as fun after several hours.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

I did that and realized I want the full game :(

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

For what it's worth, I overall enjoyed my experience with Project X Zone despite some of the game's pacing issues. Even though a lot of the endgame entails fighting what are basically a ton of bosses, it ends up not being too bad to take them out in a reasonable amount of time as long as you manage MAP Attacks, the single target ultimate attacks (the name escapes me at the moment), and item usage. It also helps to have a few of the units+solo character combos be set up to generate as many Cross Points in a turn as possible to help fund those big attacks for your heavy hitters.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Does 3D actually change anything at all for Kirby's Adventure? It seems a bit silly of a game to bother doing it to, but I liked the original a good deal. If anyone has a code for the download of that or Kirby's Dreamland 2 and would sell it, send me a PM.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

extra stout posted:

Does 3D actually change anything at all for Kirby's Adventure? It seems a bit silly of a game to bother doing it to, but I liked the original a good deal. If anyone has a code for the download of that or Kirby's Dreamland 2 and would sell it, send me a PM.

It's pretty nice-looking, there's a 3D video on the eShop page for it if you want to see for yourself.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The 3D Classics version gets rid of slowdown and adds, like, button configs. Nothing major, but improvements are improvements.

While I'm here, here's what was added/changed with the Steel Diver Sub Wars 2.0 update:

-One new multiplayer stage (Arctic Circle), available to everyone
-Three additional premium version subs
-Ten additional cash shop subs, including the Blue Marine sub from Star Fox 64 which is free to premium players
-Killstreak bonuses during matched skill battles
-Warnings/pentalties for attacking teammates
-The free version now requires 2 Play Coins per online game (ugh)
-Other minor changes I haven't noticed or can't be bothered listing

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

TEHJOE posted:

A Steel Diver and Wii U firmware update on the same night !

The Blue Marine is really OP for a free sub.

Free players need to spend 2 play coins per round.

What?

That's one way of getting to use those play coins. I have them capped at 300 all the time. :v:

(Too bad I'm already a premium player, but meh.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-Ten additional cash shop subs, including the Blue Marine sub from Star Fox 64 which is free to premium players

Blue Marine is only free until the 19th, so sayeth the NOE twitter.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I did that and realized I want the full game :(

Keep playing the demo until you get tired of it, then. The gameplay will be exactly the same for the entire game, and those initially cool-looking animations eventually just make the fights against the 50+ enemy units in each battle a slog.

Sure, you eventually get multi-unit attacks, but you get those at about the same time as the enemy units in each battle balloon to unreasonable proportions so it becomes moot quickly.

The goofy fanfiction story is funny at times but can't sustain the boring game for how long it is.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Crew members seem to spawn every level now.

Spawn points for the Spa level have changed, eliminating the fence as a choke point.

With the player base dwindling, it's hard to understand the play coin charge.It can be hard to find a 4v4 match as it is and you are likely to play against those same 7 players in the following match. There are a number of high level players who haven't upgraded but that's no reason to punish new players. They should implement tiers allowing free play to level 15 and making it progressively more expensive to play without upgrading.

I understand wanting to avoid being associated with other freemium titles but gimping a title four months down the road is not acceptable.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I can see the reasoning behind their sudden use of play coins - and, well, 5 rounds with all the play coins you can achieve in one day is an... adequate amount, I guess. And there's still plenty of players in the world stage. Regional games? Depends on the time of day.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone played that 3DS One Piece game and care to give some impressions? That sale price looks good if it's actually worth playing at all.

I confirm what this guy:

ImpAtom posted:

A friend of mine who is a big fan of the series played it said it was godawful. Boring lovely combat and none of the personality and spirit of the show. It's sitting at 41 on metacritic which seems to back that up.

says. I'm the biggest One Piece nerd so I bought it day 1 at full price and felt ripped off.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
1001 Spikes is out now in NA for both 3DS and Wii U. There's a loyalty discount for 3DS owners who own any of Nicalis' previous releases (Cave Story+, VVVVVV, NightSky, Ikachan, Grinsia) but I'm reading that it's also ringing up as $10 for Wii U owners, too, even though it probably shouldn't be, so you might wanna jump on that before they correct the price.

Also, Another World 20th Anniversary Edition was officially announced for a jillion platforms including Wii U/3DS; I think it's just a straightforward port, nothing fancy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Anyone have any luck downloading the season pass for Mario Golf 3DS? I bought it using the bonus from the digial deluxe program after getting Mario Kart 8. I will try downloading it, but it will hit 16% then stall for a minute before giving me error code 009-2913. It has the useless "turn off your firewall" instruction, but kinda curious if it errors because the last DLC isn't out yet.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Please don't buy Project X Zone.

Allow me to supplement this further by saying, PLEASE. Do not buy Project X Zone.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

For some reason I've been thinking project x zone was a vocaloid game the whole time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rirse posted:

Anyone have any luck downloading the season pass for Mario Golf 3DS? I bought it using the bonus from the digial deluxe program after getting Mario Kart 8. I will try downloading it, but it will hit 16% then stall for a minute before giving me error code 009-2913. It has the useless "turn off your firewall" instruction, but kinda curious if it errors because the last DLC isn't out yet.

I and several other goons of the mario golf thread have bought the season pass and successfully downloaded only the first DLC. Then when the second came out I downloaded that one too, although it was a pain to make it realize it had to update. So you should be able to download what's out so far.

Maybe try downloading just the packs that are out, instead of the whole thing? I can't remember which part I downloaded. If it tries to charge you then just back out, but hopefully it shouldn't.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

I and several other goons of the mario golf thread have bought the season pass and successfully downloaded only the first DLC. Then when the second came out I downloaded that one too, although it was a pain to make it realize it had to update. So you should be able to download what's out so far.

Maybe try downloading just the packs that are out, instead of the whole thing? I can't remember which part I downloaded. If it tries to charge you then just back out, but hopefully it shouldn't.

Yeah that's what I am probably going to do. Thankfully I already saw on the download page the other packs are listed as "redownload". Hope the Roselia map comes out soon so I can not only get that, but also get Gold Mario.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
The 3DS version of 1001 spikes has an unbearable amount of screen flicker.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Davincie posted:

For some reason I've been thinking project x zone was a vocaloid game the whole time.

Project X Zone is a game where Frank West and Hsien-ko can team up with Heihachi to fight the aliens from Space Channel 5.

It's still a tedious borefest.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am 100% in Project X Zone's target audience. I regularly import Super Robot Wars games and the NxC franchise is basically the second cousin to the SRW games. It still was a horribly unenjoyable tedious slogfest with little in the way of fun character interaction to carry it through.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dante & Demitri team up and you can get support from Japanese John McClane and that game still found a way to bore the hell out of me. Why is it so hard to make a good game out of the things I love?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Dante & Demitri team up and you can get support from Japanese John McClane and that game still found a way to bore the hell out of me. Why is it so hard to make a good game out of the things I love?

Japanese John McClane is literally voiced by Japanese John McClane too. Like, the dude that dubbed Die Hard.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

TEHJOE posted:

The 3DS version of 1001 spikes has an unbearable amount of screen flicker.

Nicalis admitted it was buggy as gently caress when they announced the release date, they said it'd be patched a few days after launch. Man, they're so bad at what they do.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't stress how much awesome poo poo PXZ seems to have while still being so boring.

Ryu's ultimate attack is a shoryuken cancelled into a Metsu Hadoken. He literally does a cancel.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't stress how much awesome poo poo PXZ seems to have while still being so boring.

Ryu's ultimate attack is a shoryuken cancelled into a Metsu Hadoken. He literally does a cancel.

Not to mention all the great and nostalgic music in the game. They even brought back Zero's theme from MegaMan X.

And the game is still dull as dishwater once you strip away all the flashing colors the cool looking combos the characters do without your input. :smith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

Not to mention all the great and nostalgic music in the game. They even brought back Zero's theme from MegaMan X.

And the game is still dull as dishwater once you strip away all the flashing colors the cool looking combos the characters do without your input. :smith:

Gotta sing along to that Sakura Wars theme. HA~SHI~RE~

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Brain Training & DS Virtual console for Wii U?

???

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, out of nowhere, Nintendo just added Brain Age DS to the JP Wii U eShop as a free download. There are no save states or any of the other junk that you'd expect from a VC game, it's presented as-is. The game display has both screens on the gamepad and is mirrored on the TV; Brain Age is played in the vertical "book" position, so maybe there'll be an option to split the screens between the TV/gamepad for games that are played in the standard horizontal position.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not even an announcement? I know Nintendo likes to spring announcements on people but this is silly even by their standards!

I was only expecting to hear about N64 VC at E3 but I guess we'll get the dates for DS titles too. Although the lack of savestates seems kind of odd. Like the Ambassador games on 3DS. Maybe it's up by mistake?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh still can't download the DLCs for Mario Golf when just selecting individual ones and restarting the cable modem/wifi. This is so odd since downloading on the 3DS has always worked perfectly fine.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Not even an announcement? I know Nintendo likes to spring announcements on people but this is silly even by their standards!

Nintendo's fallen into a routine where they drop lots of surprises before/after E3 but show/talk about nothing interesting at the actual event, and I have no idea why.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nintendo's fallen into a routine where they drop lots of surprises before/after E3 but show/talk about nothing interesting at the actual event, and I have no idea why.
Was it last year where they had a Nintendo Direct the Sunday BEFORE their E3 Nintendo Direct? It was weird how they deflated their own event.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Maybe it's so their announcements don't get lost in the flood of E3 news :shrug:

I can see something like brain training being released not exactly making a splash with all the other announcements, though they probably should at least try and make a bigger deal of it if they're going to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe they released it on accident?