Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

Haha, I had a sneaking feeling it was something like that. I was gleaming this whole thing from his Wikipedia page, which treats it as a legitimate, lurid shoot. With a ton of [citation needed]'s thrown all over it of course.

I don't know if any of that was a shoot but to this day Vince Russo insists that he had no idea what Piper was going to say in that promo but he's not the most trustworthy source so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Since we're discussing it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uyr8wnHpT0 who's the guy who comes out with him? The legendary manservant 'Cocksucker'?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jalopybrown posted:

Since we're discussing it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uyr8wnHpT0 who's the guy who comes out with him? The legendary manservant 'Cocksucker'?

I think that's his son. The personal assistant he always called "cocksucker" was Johnny Fairplay I thought?

More importantly, though, is Don West's shirt

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

oatgan posted:

I think that's his son. The personal assistant he always called "cocksucker" was Johnny Fairplay I thought?

More importantly, though, is Don West's shirt

Fairplay was one of his cocksuckers but I am pretty sure he went through a few.

edit: that's a weird sentence to type when there's no subtext or innuendo to it

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Lanny Poffo has been on the last couple Countdown episodes, and talking about Savage on the most recent one. I thought he hasn't been on very good terms with WWE? Or are his interviews old footage?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sticklefifer posted:

Lanny Poffo has been on the last couple Countdown episodes, and talking about Savage on the most recent one. I thought he hasn't been on very good terms with WWE? Or are his interviews old footage?

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing they had him in to tape Savage promo stuff for DVDs

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Lanny, like most people, likes money. I don't think its that he hates WWE, they just haven't had a reason to write him a check in a while.

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp

MrBling posted:

Just don't have musical performances in general. I don't need to hear Lemmy slurring his words for twenty minutes because he forgot the lyrics while HHH is being slowly wheeled to the ring on a giant throne or something.

I can't remember a live performance I haven't enjoyed. I even liked Randys at WM30.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!
Has Lanny acknowledged Randy's serious problems? I've only ever heard him lionize the man.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

crackage posted:

I can't remember a live performance I haven't enjoyed. I even liked Randys at WM30.

The D-X band at WM14? It makes Randy's live intro look like a masterpiece.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
When was the last time someone bladed in a WWE match?

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp

Defiance Industries posted:

The D-X band at WM14? It makes Randy's live intro look like a masterpiece.

I give it a pass considering 80% of the participants involved in that booking were on serious drugs

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I hadn't seen WrestleMania XIX since it originally aired eleven years ago, so I went back and watched it on the Network based on the folks here regarding it as the best WrestleMania ever. Talk about musical performances, I had completely forgotten that Kid Rock was the "Musical Host" for the event, doing no less than three songs throughout the night. I'd say that's definitely up there in the "Worst" category for WWE.

WCW? poo poo, you'd be better off trying to find a good performance.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bigass Moth posted:

When was the last time someone bladed in a WWE match?

Chris Jericho tells a story about Batista blading during a match and getting screamed at by Vince and fined $100K. I don't know when that was though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Chris Jericho tells a story about Batista blading during a match and getting screamed at by Vince and fined $100K. I don't know when that was though.

I believe that was their cage match in late 2008. That might be the last one although there have been a couple guys who purposefully bleed hardway since then.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I hadn't seen WrestleMania XIX since it originally aired eleven years ago, so I went back and watched it on the Network based on the folks here regarding it as the best WrestleMania ever. Talk about musical performances, I had completely forgotten that Kid Rock was the "Musical Host" for the event, doing no less than three songs throughout the night. I'd say that's definitely up there in the "Worst" category for WWE.

Didn't Megadeth debut their weird disco song as a Goldberg theme at one point?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

sticklefifer posted:

Didn't Megadeth debut their weird disco song as a Goldberg theme at one point?
Crush 'Em. It was Goldberg's theme for a month or so after he was in a Universal Soldier movie, and Megadeth performed it on Nitro.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I think you mean L-I-M-P Bizkit was in there.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!

How did James Brown do at Superbrawl 2000?

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I believe that was their cage match in late 2008. That might be the last one although there have been a couple guys who purposefully bleed hardway since then.

Yeah if we count purposefully bled, Punk last year at MITB when he leaned into Heyman hitting him with the ladder?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I Before E posted:

I think you mean L-I-M-P Bizkit was in there.

Haha, holy poo poo. I can't even differenciate all that garbage that was on the radio in the late 90s/early 00s.

Halloween Jack posted:

How did James Brown do at Superbrawl 2000?

Didn't he just come out and dance for a few minutes? I don't think he actually performed.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Didn't he just come out and dance for a few minutes? I don't think he actually performed.
Yeah he just danced, and of course WCW didn't advertise that he would be there at all, so it made no difference to their buys.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Yeah he just danced, and of course WCW didn't advertise that he would be there at all, so it made no difference to their buys.

Anything can happen here in WCW! Buy all the PPVs and watch Nitro every week, you never know what will happen!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

James Brown could randomly show up and do nothing in exchange for a briefcase full of cash!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

St Evan Echoes posted:

Yeah, but you were surprised! It made you want to buy the next Pay-Per-View in case Teddy Pendergrass showed up.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Who was the last hardcore champion?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Who was the last hardcore champion?

Depends on how you look at it. Tommy Dreamer was the last person to defend it, and lost it to IC Champ RVD in a title unification match. That IC Title was unified with the European title and finally the World Heavyweight title held by HHH. The IC Title was revived, but the Hardcore title was not. Would that make Daniel Bryan the last Hardcore Champion before he was stripped of the Unified title on Monday? Or did it die when Dreamer lost it?

Also, Mick Foley and Edge claimed to be co-holders of the the Hardcore title in 2006 but it was never defended.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Tommy Dreamer who then lost a unification match with RVD merging it with the IC Title.

efb

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Chyna is the reigning hardcore champion.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Chyna is the reigning hardcore champion.

Pretty sure there is video footage of X-Pac on top of her for 3 seconds.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Pretty sure there is video footage of X-Pac on top of her for 3 seconds.

I saw her pinned by at least three guys on a match I saw a while ago.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Depends on how you look at it. Tommy Dreamer was the last person to defend it, and lost it to IC Champ RVD in a title unification match. That IC Title was unified with the European title and finally the World Heavyweight title held by HHH. The IC Title was revived, but the Hardcore title was not. Would that make Daniel Bryan the last Hardcore Champion before he was stripped of the Unified title on Monday? Or did it die when Dreamer lost it?

Also, Mick Foley and Edge claimed to be co-holders of the the Hardcore title in 2006 but it was never defended.

I'd love to see someone kayfabe argue this means the Unified Title is 24 x 7.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

jscolon2.0 posted:

I'd love to see someone kayfabe argue this means the Unified Title is 24 x 7.

That rule was discontinued a week before the unification with RVD.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

what happened to people bringing signs to events? I'm watching older stuff on the network and people used to bring so many.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MrDru posted:

what happened to people bringing signs to events? I'm watching older stuff on the network and people used to bring so many.

Wrestling isn't as hot as it used to be and there's no competition. I guess you could ironically bring a "WCW SUX DIX" sign to Raw but it'd probably be confiscated.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

MrDru posted:

Same reason why wrestling crowds don't pop anymore aside from the typical smark markets like Chicago or New York. There has been such a dropoff and turnover in crowds that sign-bringing just doesn't happen as much anymore. Watch Attitude Era shows and the crowd doesn't shut-up (it's great) during any promo or match while today you'll see the crowd sitting on their hands if not on their phones while a midcard match is going on.

I actually have a question: What exactly is Brian Kendrick and Paul London's deal with The Undertaker? I've read they knocked him in shoots and Googling doesn't bring up specifics and I'm really not interested in paying full-price for one bit of a shoot to find out.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Justin Godscock posted:

I actually have a question: What exactly is Brian Kendrick and Paul London's deal with The Undertaker? I've read they knocked him in shoots and Googling doesn't bring up specifics and I'm really not interested in paying full-price for one bit of a shoot to find out.

Undertaker was like a dumb mediator of "wrestler's court" backstage and took dumb poo poo way too seriously which isn't really appealing to Londrick's mindset about stuff probs

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Kendrick and London hated pretty much everyone and everything in WWE and their grapes are so sour it's hard not to laugh.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Their first shoot is actually worth buying if you've never seen it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who's in charge of the court now?

I hope it's Brock Lesnar. The wrestlers crowd around a phone on speaker and its just incoherent screaming for 30 seconds