Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Assuming that the information is accurate and means that there's scum in AU, Legion, and MediFed (which I firmly believe there is), I guess we can try to narrow it down some for each empire.

For Legion, I'm fine clearing f_v based on Ernie's town behaviour. I don't believe that she's the scum. I'm torn between Crazyeyes and 50 though since both are exhibiting some pretty suspicious and anti-town behaviour. 50 saying that because his team probably won't meet their wincon he doesn't care about scumhunting anymore is quite anti-town and his repeated insistence that there's no possible way his empire could have scum because...reasons? also doesn't make sense.

Crazyeyes seems convinced that it was the diplomats for whatever reason I don't understand. He says he isn't denying that there's scum in Legion, but when evidence is presented to him that there must be, he tries to find an alternate explanation. It doesn't make sense to me and seems to only be distracting from the conversation since it seems pretty obvious where this information came from (if not why it was given to us).

They're both pretty suspicious, but I think 50's actions are more indicative of someone whining when things are going badly for them while Crazyeyes looks like he's trying to steer the conversation in non-useful ways.

##vote Crazyeyes

As for scum in AU, I don't think Sandwolf did it. Like others have said, he could have covered in multiple ways from his role as diplomat. Also his reaction to the picture felt very genuine. He was both very surprised and very confused by what it meant.

Byers wasn't there at all during the conversation and the person who put the picture in came in, dropped it, and left. It was information which pertained almost entirely to Legion and MediFed (with Jake thrown in) which was the topic of conversation because we were discussing the deal capps offered. So presumably the person who did it was there during that conversation.

Since obviously I'm excluding myself since I'm town that leaves Hal and bowmore. Between them I'm not sure who could be the scum. They both reacted in similar ways to the information and I've had no previous reads on them so on its own I have a hard time narrowing it down.

MediFed I'd have to take a closer look at since I'm not sure about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also since a majority agreed in the doc to share it, here it is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's not my nation power. My empire can confirm.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Eight Dollars posted:

Talk me through these. If Sandwolf did it, why all the crazy secrecy? How would he get the information? Unless 50 has claimed to you in the doc that he gave a whole bunch of secrets away to an enemy for nothing, how are you coming at it this way?

You are asking me to explain why I think a scum Sandwolf would do something (this is not to say Sand is scum, but I have not ruled it out). I cannot do this. I can say that if I were going to orchestrate something so preposterous as this supposed leak (which we haven't seen any actual proof of, yet), I would certainly try to be the last person people thought about when it came up. That being said I have no idea why it went down as we think it did. It would be very helpful if we could actually see the image in question, though.

QuoProQuid posted:

Sorry to come back to this, but I just realized that your reaction to people casing and calling you out for scummy behavior was not to address those cases, but to attack the idea of equal scum distribution as though it clears you of anything.

Would again like to recommend Crazyeyes for the lynch.

You mistake me at every turn. I am not even remotely attempting to address the cases on me. Such a defense would no doubt be taken as me either trying to backpedal or be further used and twisted to incriminate me, therefore I will not even attempt to do so. I don't think me correcting you clears me of anything. I do think it had to be said, though.

Asiina posted:

I will confirm that is my power. It also seems in line with what 50 and Ernie both shared in the doc.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Asiina posted:

As for scum in AU, I don't think Sandwolf did it. Like others have said, he could have covered in multiple ways from his role as diplomat. Also his reaction to the picture felt very genuine. He was both very surprised and very confused by what it meant.

Byers wasn't there at all during the conversation and the person who put the picture in came in, dropped it, and left. It was information which pertained almost entirely to Legion and MediFed (with Jake thrown in) which was the topic of conversation because we were discussing the deal capps offered. So presumably the person who did it was there during that conversation.

Since obviously I'm excluding myself since I'm town that leaves Hal and bowmore. Between them I'm not sure who could be the scum. They both reacted in similar ways to the information and I've had no previous reads on them so on its own I have a hard time narrowing it down.

MediFed I'd have to take a closer look at since I'm not sure about them.

I will say that I reached the same conclusion as Asiina regarding the African Union. As mentioned previously, the Sandwolf-Asiina-Byers debacle looked like town players stumbling over each other and being stoked by scum. Hal's had a few posts that have given me a bad feeling, so I am inclined to suspect him. His resistance to posting that Excel sheet is also suspect in my mind. bowmore has flown under my radar and I need to reread his content.

Is that picture original or did you upload it to imgur?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Having seen the image in question, I am compelled to revise my previous statements. It is not a diplomat (unless 50 is scum). I was led to believe it was Empire Win conditions leaked, not actual player roles.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

QuoProQuid posted:

Original, it was posted from imgur in our doc.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Asiina posted:

random fact:

"8bux" has been only used twice during the entire game.

on page 1

Meinberg posted:

8Bux and Capps have both been playing longer than me. 8Bux is not terrible.

on page 34

Ixtlilton posted:

Ah, so there's the kill they can possibly influence, even if it might eventually take out one of their own, vs. one they can't at all. Got it. The whole leak thing seems pretty nonsensical to me, outing that you have people in three empires for that return just seems like terrible play. 8bux's thing to verify it's a real leak is a good idea.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

I will say that I reached the same conclusion as Asiina regarding the African Union. As mentioned previously, the Sandwolf-Asiina-Byers debacle looked like town players stumbling over each other and being stoked by scum. Hal's had a few posts that have given me a bad feeling, so I am inclined to suspect him. His resistance to posting that Excel sheet is also suspect in my mind. bowmore has flown under my radar and I need to reread his content.

It was originally uploaded to imgur. I didn't know if it would be deleted so I immediately reuploaded it to make sure I didn't lose it. That's my reuploaded version.

I went through the revision history and this is the original: http://imgur.com/CqVvvs2

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
That's... weird. That leak is at least wrong or off about multiple of our powers - like a game of telephone kind of thing.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Asiina posted:

Ernie's ability is the only one written in the second person.

Almost as if it were copied out of a PM or something. :allears:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

My resistance to posting it is in reality that should have been decided by the empires who were affected by it and not me. What do I have to gain personally from keeping it from you if I am scum?

Excuse me for not wanting to out the powers of what is likely 7 town players because YOU want to see it.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Juanito posted:

Ernie aka FV

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Juanito posted:

random fact:

"8bux" has been only used twice during the entire game.

on page 1

on page 34

Both Rarity and Meinberg have used 8bux in the doc.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Clearly we should lynch Meinberg based on these facts

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

DGK2000 posted:

Both Rarity and Meinberg have used 8bux in the doc.
Interesting. Nobody has used it in our doc.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Also, out of everyone in my doc, only Meinberg wasn't around when I corrected it from a nightvig to a dayvig.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Hal Incandenza posted:

Clearly we should lynch Meinberg based on these facts
Except that Meinberg is listed there too, and his name is misspelled as Meinburg. Nobody has misspelled it in this game, with the exception of the mod in the OP (it's since been fixed).

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Hal Incandenza posted:

My resistance to posting it is in reality that should have been decided by the empires who were affected by it and not me. What do I have to gain personally from keeping it from you if I am scum?

Excuse me for not wanting to out the powers of what is likely 7 town players because YOU want to see it.

The less information the town knows, the easier it is to manipulate them. The issue is not me seeing it. The issue is that you were willing to allow the scum to have exclusive information. That's not pro-town in the slightest.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

Except that Meinberg is listed there too, and his name is misspelled as Meinburg. Nobody has misspelled it in this game, with the exception of the mod in the OP (it's since been fixed).

Maybe Meinburg is his name in real life!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Juanito posted:

Especially since I can find no place in our doc with that phraseology. So it is unlikely someone else copied it from there.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

The less information the town knows, the easier it is to manipulate them. The issue is not me seeing it. The issue is that you were willing to allow the scum to have exclusive information. That's not pro-town in the slightest.

Isn't it all but a given that the scum were going to know everyone's power anyway? Unless people aren't telling their own empire I guess.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie-Meinburg-bowmore book it.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ernie-Meinburg-bowmore book it.
I'd also go for anybody who used '8bux', not '8Bux' though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

I'd also go for anybody who used '8bux', not '8Bux' though.

wait are there more of those?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Hal Incandenza posted:

wait are there more of those?
The only person to use '8bux' in the thread is Ixt. DGK said that rarity used '8bux' in their thread.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
8bux as it is written in the image.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

My basic thoughts on the image is that the scum is hella stupid and I want nothing more than to poo poo all over them for making that post.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Isn't it all but a given that the scum were going to know everyone's power anyway?

No, because

Hal Incandenza posted:

Unless people aren't telling their own empire I guess.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Juanito posted:

Meinberg is also one of the people with a completely wrong power so ???

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Eight Dollars posted:

Meinberg is also one of the people with a completely wrong power so ???
I don't consider him a suspect.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

You do realize I don't have access to either of those docs, right?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Ixtlilton posted:

Which docs? The one from the screenshot?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Yeah that's mostly for the general peanut gallery.

Capps, did you tell anybody these powers were ours?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Juanito posted:

Which docs? The one from the screenshot?

The one it was posted in, and the other empire doc with the powers are from.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Ixtlilton posted:

Anyone could forward a link to the doc. I know the Imperial doc can be shared via "anyone who has link" level access.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Ixtlilton posted:

The one it was posted in, and the other empire doc with the powers are from.
Well, if it were a sheet from a scumdoc, someone else could have taken the screenshot. I'm assuming people are working together to compile info.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Eight Dollars posted:

Yeah that's mostly for the general peanut gallery.

Capps, did you tell anybody these powers were ours?

nope

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Crazyeyes posted:

Anyone could forward a link to the doc. I know the Imperial doc can be shared via "anyone who has link" level access.

That would be a modkillable offense.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Ixtlilton posted:

That would be a modkillable offense.

Yes it would. I think it unlikely that is what happened for that reason.

I agree with Juanito. More likely a scumdoc screenshot after the info is compiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Crazyeyes posted:

Except official docs have mod information in them, which is forbidden.

This is clearly somebody's (scum's) notes.

• Locked thread