Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

Ghostlight posted:

From a gameplay perspective, setting down a healing field and then holding down a button while mobs walk at you is pretty dull.

Watching it is dull, true, but actually playing it, you have to pay attention so you're rotating your DoTs and buffs to keep up your healing and damage bonuses, and make sure you're healing just enough to stay on the edge where you're getting the maximum damage boost but won't get one-shot by an unlucky hit. With high end gear it's just infinite facetanking where nothing can kill you for most content, but against actually hard stuff, it's all about seeing just how long you can stay on that edge before you have to bail out and reposition. There's a lot more going on with that build than it initially appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009

Eiffel On You posted:

Doomsaw I know you are reading this.

Please remove all characters from the game because they are terrible

Add in Buff Bagwell as new playable hero.

Remove all items from the game except for Legendary that you must buy with real cash.

Make said Legendary his top hat.

Remove all team ups from game as they are also, correct...terrible.

Replace said team ups with only one. Judy Bagwell.

Thank you for listening and caring. Me love you long time ^.^

Signed,

The Entire Community

I'd like to take this opportunity to request Jubilee with tons of PhysX-laden effects, please!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Neurolimal posted:

When i think of good/bad heroes I think of ones that are fun/painful to level, in which case ghost rider and hawkeye are literally hitlers

Weirdly, I liked leveling him since I did it during the Holo-sim weekend and it turns out spamming explosive arrow into Kill X Mooks wave is the best thing he does. At 60 he's kind of a pain since he dies to a stiff breeze and doesn't really have much damage to show for it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

GunblazeGriffin posted:

I'd like to take this opportunity to request Jubilee with tons of PhysX-laden effects, please!

Would this involve a Costume of "Jubilee Cosplayer" who uses actual fireworks?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Madcosby posted:

From 1 to about 45 popping three or four wheelies to get you into the fray leaves him ridiculously spirit drained.

Ok, so I haven't seen a lot of Ghost Rider players, but I was under the impression he could actually... you know... ride his motorcycle. Does he not have a standard movement power to just hop on the motorcycle and ride, similar to some character's Flight skills? Or does he literally have to hammer down on "POP A WHEELIE" over and over again as his movement power, like trying to tactical roll Punisher around the battlefield?

I mean, Ghost Rider is like, three loving things.

Skull for face
On fire
Has sweet motorcycle

How could they only add in one motorcycle-related power, and have it last for all of half a second at a time?

Edit: Doomsaw, if you're reading this, please retool Ghost Rider's three trees into "Skull For Face" "On Fire!" and "Sweet Motorcycle."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

I saw the second movie.

Uh, Nic Cage turns a giant excavator into a Hellbike in that movie.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Captain Bravo posted:

Ok, so I haven't seen a lot of Ghost Rider players, but I was under the impression he could actually... you know... ride his motorcycle. Does he not have a standard movement power to just hop on the motorcycle and ride, similar to some character's Flight skills? Or does he literally have to hammer down on "POP A WHEELIE" over and over again as his movement power, like trying to tactical roll Punisher around the battlefield?

Skull for face
On fire
Has sweet motorcycle

How could they only add in one motorcycle-related power, and have it last for all of half a second at a time?

Edit: Doomsaw, if you're reading this, please retool Ghost Rider's three trees into "Skull For Face" "On Fire!" and "Sweet Motorcycle."

Yeah, he doesn't have a power like that.

All he has is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6fHZIvWxwI

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Also its really lame that mofuckin' Ghost Rider doesn't have a chain yank skill, he's all about grabbing dudes and staring them in the eyes and going IM ANGRY until they melt of sheer shame.

Then again it would probably be completely useless against bosses and mobs of enemies like every chain yank skill in an MMO/RPG/MMORPG/Diablolike (except piderman's I guess)

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Neurolimal posted:

Also its really lame that mofuckin' Ghost Rider doesn't have a chain yank skill, he's all about grabbing dudes and staring them in the eyes and going IM ANGRY until they melt of sheer shame.

Then again it would probably be completely useless against bosses and mobs of enemies like every chain yank skill in a videogame (except piderman's I guess)

I keep going "hmm, there must be some point to Nick Cage's chain yank, oh, I'll try to use it here!" and then it accomplishes nothing. Glad to know I am not alone.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mornacale posted:

I keep going "hmm, there must be some point to Nick Cage's chain yank, oh, I'll try to use it here!" and then it accomplishes nothing. Glad to know I am not alone.

It and the car throw can proc Idol of Konshu, besides that yeah, pretty much.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Then again it would probably be completely useless against bosses and mobs of enemies like every chain yank skill in an MMO/RPG/MMORPG/Diablolike (except piderman's I guess)

There was a brief, glorious period where Nightcrawler could yank bosses infinitely.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

Neurolimal posted:

Also its really lame that mofuckin' Ghost Rider doesn't have a chain yank skill
It's called Condemn, but it sucks.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Protocol 5 posted:

It's called Condemn, but it sucks.

Woops, I didn't think the chain yank would literally be the last power you unlock in the chain tree, laffo. At least it's not single target!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Captain Bravo posted:

He does, but until the Anniversary patch it was only +30% movement speed and somehow slower as a mode of travel than simply hammering Wheelie.

Neurolimal posted:

I've never used Condemn because that's actually what I thought it did.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
So playing through the story mode for the first time is a little dull and seems considerably slower than just doing X-Defense. Is there any point in finishing it or should I just be doing terminal things?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Captain Bravo posted:

Skull for face
On fire
Has sweet motorcycle

Ghost Rider has a bunch of motorcycle powers. I love them all. There's Ride which is a motorcycle that you ride around, and it has a respectable DoT that will kill a lot of trash. Then theres a move where you rev up the bike and shoot it at someone. And then there's one where you launch in the air and smash some dudes with your bike.

I think Ghost Rider is fun as gently caress.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

acumen posted:

So playing through the story mode for the first time is a little dull and seems considerably slower than just doing X-Defense. Is there any point in finishing it or should I just be doing terminal things?

You should do it once just to experience it. Afterwards, gently caress off and do Xdef/MM/LQs to level

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

nickhimself posted:

yeah ghost rider sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4iGnd8CRwM

couldn't even beat the game with how bad and garbage he is

Do you have a video of Scarlet Witch pressing her one button too? What great heroes!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

acumen posted:

There are a number of quests that give you skill points and some that give you decent consumables/artifacts.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

hey cablers, this is in regards to making HVB cableman's signature

Doomsaw posted:

Yes, this is 90% going to be Cable's signature in some form. With some of the new tech we've been setting up, I think it can turn out very nicely.

Something like Moon Knight's signature (where you press it a bunch of times quickly for immense damage) but with the classic ranged graphics.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

RatHat posted:

Luke Cage IS terrible though and I haven't played Black Widow so I wasn't sure.

What's your in-game name?

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

nickhimself posted:

I like where this is going.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

RatHat posted:

Luke Cage IS terrible though and I haven't played Black Widow so I wasn't sure.

nickhimself posted:

:henget:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

nickhimself posted:

Toshimo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kalli posted:

Uh, Nic Cage turns a giant excavator into a Hellbike in that movie.

Yeah, and it's still boring.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Samara posted:

anyone here an experienced Invisible Woman player?

I take it she is a stand in the back dmg dealer? What's the best rotation ?

nope she's a midranged/melee beast. Gotta be in melee to leverage RW.

HELP HOW DO I INVISIBLE MOM (updated 8/8)

Max: Storm of Spheres, Combat Force Fields, Cascading Force, QC, Resonating Wave, PFF, Seeker Orbs
One: Conceal Allies, Invisible Combat, Levitating Disc, Shield Dome
Remainder: THE CRUSHER
If You A Basic Bitch: Drop THE CRUSHER for Crashing Wave Style
If You Raidin: Gotta take CWS, need that ST dmg.

Trash: Keep THE CRUSHER x1-3 out if you want. Who cares. Go invis, hit RW, everything's dead. If it's not, hit some other buttons and it will be.
Boss: Keep THE CRUSHER x3 out, mandatory. Try not to overcast them, they take you out of the fight. Invis, Seeker Orbs, RW, QC on cooldown. Recast Storm of Spheres whenever it expires. Layer that damage,

Medal: I like Doc Ock medal because everything worth casting is AOE and increasing the radius of RW makes it feel real nice. Other options: same options you'd use for any other AOE/energy character.

Sig: Who cares. Whatever fits your build goals. The standard good ones are good on Sue.
Runeword: Bowazon or GOM on def Uru

Special Gear Notes: Doc Ock Arms if you got em. So nice. Don't use her unique chest solo. Cosmic is better.

Single Target Notes: CWS sucks dongs but it's her only single target option. But if you have a Doc Ock Arms on, Cascading Force closes the gap somewhat. AOE supremacy.

Basic Notes: Don't take a basic. Literally infinite spirit.

Invisibility Notes: Going invis becomes a steroid. Never sit on 3 Focus. In my gear, every time I go invisible I get:
-688 DR for 5s (from CFF)
-504 DR and 378 crit (from IW gloves, one per 30s)
-734 DR for duration of invis (from IW boots)
-357 DR for duration of invis (From Invisible Combat)
-double damage on RW; and
-475 DR (if the invis was actually Conceal Allies)

poo poo dies hard and fast.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 8, 2014

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Don't max the crusher

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

So, is Ghost Rider up for review or is planned to be improved at all? I like him and want him to be fun/good.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Real Near said:

quote:

Hey all,

Encounter 3 (The Monolith) and Encounter 4 (Sisters of Magma) are now enabled in Test Center. Please post feedback + bug reports here!

Can't wait to see how we are supposed to beat this giant flag pole like creature: THE MONOLITH.

You already know Sisters of Magma are gonna have awesome uniques.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ahundredbux posted:

Don't max the crusher

Counterpoint: max the crusher

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Soothing Vapors posted:

I would totally agree, except they fixed the "bug" where it was scaling on DR and now only gains damage from +Summon Damage.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ahundredbux posted:

I would totally agree, except they fixed the "bug" where it was scaling on DR and now only gains damage from +Summon Damage.

Well there's a simple solution to that; gear for pet damage and use Crusher as your main dps skill.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Soothing Vapors posted:

Do not pursue Lu Bu.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

Soothing Vapors posted:

nope she's a midranged/melee beast. Gotta be in melee to leverage RW.

HELP HOW DO I INVISIBLE MOM

Max: Storm of Spheres, Combat Force Fields, Cascading Force, THE CRUSHER, Resonating Wave, PFF, Seeker Orbs
One: Conceal Allies, Invisible Combat, Quantum Compression, Levitating Disc, Shield Dome
Remainder: Who cares (probably Quantum Compression)
If You A Bitch: Drop something for Crashing Wave Style

Trash: Keep THE CRUSHER x1-3 out if you want. Who cares. Go invis, hit RW, everything's dead. If it's not, hit some other buttons and it will be.
Boss: Keep THE CRUSHER x3 out, mandatory. Try not to overcast them, they take you out of the fight. Invis, Seeker Orbs, RW, QC on cooldown. Recast Storm of Spheres whenever it expires. Layer that damage,

I like Doc Ock medal because everything worth casting is AOE and increasing the radius of RW makes it feel real nice.
Doc Ock Arms if you got em. So nice. Never use her unique chest solo. Cosmic is better.
CWS sucks dongs but it's her only single target option. But if you have a Doc Ock Arms on, Cascading Force closes the gap enough imo. AOE supremacy.
Don't take a basic. Literally infinite spirit.

Going invis becomes a steroid. Never sit on 3 Focus. In my gear, every time I go invisible I get:
-688 DR for 5s (from CFF)
-504 DR and 378 crit (from IW gloves, one per 30s)
-734 DR for duration of invis (from IW boots)
-357 DR for duration of invis (From Invisible Combat)
-double damage on RW; and
-475 DR (if the invis was actually Conceal Allies)

poo poo dies hard and fast.

awesome post. A++ thanks

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Did the daily chests get boosted on live yet or is that still coming in a future patch?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Ahundredbux posted:

I'm aware. It's still worth maxing and adds more damage, merrily ticking away in the background, than any other 19 points will get you. Except maybe CWS. Which, as previously discussed, is some bitch poo poo.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Realtalk, you're drowning in skillpoints now, you can probably afford to max the crusher and get .000001 more dps out of your build.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

Realtalk, you're drowning in skillpoints now, you can probably afford to max the crusher and get .000001 more dps out of your build.

Exactly.

Some dumb scrub is freaking out in /g because I didnt point out that you can max QC. I end up with like 15 points in it using the above build but sure take 5 from the crusher and max it i dont give a poo poo

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

bagrada posted:

Did the daily chests get boosted on live yet or is that still coming in a future patch?

That patch hasn't hit yet, should be tomorrow unless something goes wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, but on a stream a few days back (I can't recall which one this would be) Doomsaw said:

- X-23 will be out by the end of the summer.

- The "secret" isn't Silver Nudieman Surfer.

I am not putting two and two together here but I bet we are going to see something awesome near the end of Anniversary month. It won't be paper though, which breaks all the 1st anniversary rules.

• Locked thread