Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
OK, I am a newb and just finished story mode for the first time with my first character (Human Torch). Can somebody explain to me LQs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Yeah this is why I prestige.

I often find I finish a character and go, "Man I really want to do that all over again."

Totally why I did it too. That and the costume blendering.

I noticed that the costume recipe says it has a chance to "crit" and spit out two costumes instead of one. Has this happened to anyone in the history of ever?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Zombie Samurai posted:

Totally why I did it too. That and the costume blendering.

I noticed that the costume recipe says it has a chance to "crit" and spit out two costumes instead of one. Has this happened to anyone in the history of ever?

Yes I've had it happen three times. Not in the past 4 months though.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Funktor posted:

OK, I am a newb and just finished story mode for the first time with my first character (Human Torch). Can somebody explain to me LQs?

Go to the waypoint/Terminal/Midtown it tells you to go to, kill the things Odin wants killed, get a shitload of credits, XP, and a few Odin Marks. Repeat forever.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Funktor posted:

Besides ^^^^, i follow this guide on what quests to do or skip: http://mh-knights-of-valor.enjin.com/forum/m/17053620/viewthread/11721856-digibytes-leveling-guide

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

fookolt posted:

Another downside: Patch gets released, hoses the game, and my plans to hit level 60 this weekend are shattered.

Plus side: If it really hoses the game, you have a pretty decent chance of getting a 100%-200% XP/RIF/SIF weekend that will most likely last into the middle of next week.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

If you are a brand new player i would just do all the LQs, maybe skip doom terminal since it takes like 20 mins.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Funktor posted:

Press L to open up your quest list and scroll up to the top to see what Legendary Quest you currently have. Your Legendary Quest is a "side quest" with objectives that, upon completion, awards you with 1-4 Odin Marks (the specific amount being advertised in the quest), a buttload of Exp, and a big stack of cash. Your LQ can make you kill things, destroy things, etc. in either story areas, terminals, or midtown.

You can only have 1 LQ per hero at any given time. As soon as you complete an LQ you will automatically receive a new LQ (free of charge), and there is no limit to the amount of LQs you can finish or anything like that. If you don't like the LQ you're currently stuck on, you can pay credits to get a different one.

Shared Quests are a fairly recent addition that work very similarly to LQs, except they take much longer to complete and are meant to be completed in groups (but soloing them also works just fine). Those will award a lot of Exp, a small loot chest with gear and odin marks, and a larger once-per-day loot chest that awards 1 Omega point, more odin marks, and more loot than the small chest. You get both large and small chests when you complete a shared quest for the first time for the day, and there are 3 shared quests per day in total, so you can get 3 large chests and 3 small chests just from doing those. Repetitions of shared quests is not really worth the trouble if you need to go out of your way though, since you'll only get the small chest for each repetition and its contents aren't that great right now.

In addition, you can kill two birds with one stone by running LQs in areas that also have shared quest objectives to complete. This is harder to do in terminals since terminal LQs and shared quests will both ask for specific terminal boss kills that very rarely coincide, but Midtown is usually really good for hitting up both LQs and shared quests simultaneously.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Friday the 13th: What a horrible night to have a patch.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Are LQs shared party wide?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Drunk Tomato posted:

Are LQs shared party wide?

No, however party members in the same zone as you can help you complete objectives.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Afraid of Audio posted:

No, however party members in the same zone as you can help you complete objectives.

So like, if you were playing with friends, you would trade off back and forth on completing each others LQs?

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Drunk Tomato posted:

So like, if you were playing with friends, you would trade off back and forth on completing each others LQs?

Either that or just constantly reroll to midtown LQs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Drunk Tomato posted:

If you are in a party, anything you kill counts for every party member's quests.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Drunk Tomato posted:

This exactly what I do when playing with a friend on a LAN. Good for mumble too but may be a pain with 5 people over the chat window. If you're flush with credits do like chrisf says and everyone reroll midtown lq's. If there's 5 people you can just run around killing everything. If it's just 2 or 3 you may want to mention what you're after in the chat so people know to keep an eye out.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Drunk Tomato posted:

This is what I do, yes. I enjoy that.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
I have had terrible luck with Midtown LQs. The moment it asks me to kill 20 MGH brutes is the moment all I get are loving Hydra mechs. The moment it tells me to kill Hydra mechs, all I get are loving MGH brutes :arghfist:

Friends are overrated. I just listen to this all day, every day: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Yea sometimes I get midtown quests and I seem to circle/cross the map 3-4 times try to get what I want. After a while you start knowing what enemies are spawning based on the start and can quickly hop by. If the yellow is a quick kill I'll often stop to collect some xp orbs. Some of the terminal quests people probably reroll that I just do, but I think that is hero specific. I'm playing the Thing, and something like the AIM facility is actually pretty quick, killing the engineers/turrets pretty much happens as I rockslide my way through the level to the boss room.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Kelp Plankton posted:

You can get any normal or Enhanced costume as soon as it's added to the game, and in some cases before it's even available in the store for purchase. (this happened for Lady Deadpool and Beta Ray Bill)

Colonel Ogreface posted:

When this happens, you are honor bound to grind or trash the costume immediately.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Patch coming in at 4:30/5:30/6:30/7:30 PM P/M/C/E Time.

Friday the 13th + Gaz + Patch + Patch Time = ???

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

ZypherIM posted:

Yea sometimes I get midtown quests and I seem to circle/cross the map 3-4 times try to get what I want. After a while you start knowing what enemies are spawning based on the start and can quickly hop by. If the yellow is a quick kill I'll often stop to collect some xp orbs. Some of the terminal quests people probably reroll that I just do, but I think that is hero specific. I'm playing the Thing, and something like the AIM facility is actually pretty quick, killing the engineers/turrets pretty much happens as I rockslide my way through the level to the boss room.

Is there like a map that shows where the different factions are most likely to spawn?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Kheldarn posted:

Various changes to patch time.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I would hold off opening those daily chests right after the patch. This thing is getting shoved out the door at the 11th hour and there's always a good chance of them forgetting something important like buffing the daily boxes.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Lux Aeterna posted:

I would hold off opening those daily chests right after the patch. This thing is getting shoved out the door at the 11th hour and there's always a good chance of them forgetting something important like buffing the daily boxes.

I'll give 50/50 odds on ludicrously buffed vs not changed in any way.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Just popping in to note that I'm still having a lot more fun with Punisher than I assumed I would, although it's my first character so who knows if that's the reason. The turning point really was that I respecced out of the boring rocket launcher build and went for AOE dot stuff, which seems to work really really well at least before 60.

I did some holosim grinding for funs yesterday and really easily demolished Hulk on wave 11 which made me feel like a badass, but then Venom handed me my rear end on 12.

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009

Lux Aeterna posted:

35% crit chance is the pivot point by the spreadsheet wizards on the forum and it's been my general rule also. There are exceptions but honestly this should be true 90+% of the time. If you can comfortably get over 35% crit, you get better returns from stacking CDR. If you can't or don't want to get to that point, DR is best. Summoners should stack crit or health. gently caress attack speed.

I'm struggling with Emma Frost a bit in that regard.

Right now, after 4 Blessings of Fandarel, some admittedly low CR rolls on artifacts, close to BiS uniques, and a cosmic ring, I'm coming in at 30% critical rating.
However, I also use a Power Prism Shard and Warlock's Eye for area CR, but I'm not sure those factor into the sheet damage.

I've read about the 35% mark, but I'm pretty new to the game and don't know what it means to "comfortably" get to 35%.
Where are the best sources of CR going to come from, and what should/shouldn't I sacrifice for it?

Also, I have 4 health affixes on her costume from when I leveled as diamond paragon. Should I reroll to crit. rating to hit 35%?
The guides I've read seem to point to DR or CDR for affixes, never to raw critical rating.
However, I get squashed from time to time in some cosmic terminals, even one-shot, so I'm scared to sacrifice that health.

Any advice?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Lux Aeterna posted:

There's been some mixed information suggesting that boxes you already earned are going to give the previous loot amount either way though, so who knows.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Patch Notes:

Corrected issue where you needed eyes to see where we're going.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I was looking at the purple post up top for the patch notes and found this p. cool image instead. Note the Hawkeye.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

fookolt posted:

Is there like a map that shows where the different factions are most likely to spawn?

Nope, it's completely random, aside from a few small things:

Grocery store always spawns Mad Dog gang inside.
In front of bank always spawns Mad Dog facing off with the popo
MGH brutes are always (I think) spawning on the sidewalks nearest to the wall and not the middle of the street, unlike other stuff.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

quote:

Patch Overview

The highlights of this week’s patch includes two more Raid Encounters, a Birthday Cake event, and many bug fixes and other changes based on player feedback and reports.
Event - Birthday Cake

To celebrate our anniversary month, Slices of Birthday Cake will be dropping in all game modes in Marvel Heroes! Collect 365 to turn them into the Special Events Vendor for a special Marvel Heroes 1st Birthday Cake (complete with a loot explosion inside!)
Hero Changes

“Resurrect” Powers

Jean Grey: Phoenix Reborn now has a 3 second animation when she resurrects and a cooldown timer in the buff panel

Ghost Rider: Infernal Will now has a 3 second animation when he resurrects, 2 seconds of invulnerability after resurrection, and a cooldown timer in the buff panel

Gambit: Cheat Death now has a 3 second animation when he resurrects and 2 seconds of invulnerability after resurrection

Moon Knight: Multiple Personalities now has a 3 second animation when he resurrects, 2 seconds of invulnerability after resurrection, and a cooldown timer in the buff panel

Emma Frost

Emma Frost: Diamond-Bladed Spin Kick and Diamond Crush now have the same radius for all damage components
Muspelheim Raid

Two new encounters have been unlocked! Players can now fight The Monolith and the Sisters of Magma by traversing through Muspelheim!

Players in a Raid Party/Group will receive an XP penalty if not in a Raid Zone.
Item Changes

Made the drop rates of X-Defense Defender medals more frequent.

Increased rewards of the Shared Quest daily bonus chest by adding overall more loot and credits,and increasing the chance for Uniques and Purple Team-Up Gear. Balloons will also pop out on opening.

Once per day for each Shared Quest, there will now be a 10% chance of getting another Omega Orb, and there Shared Quests will give more experience with the chance to drop extra orbs.

Unique Rings (including the Stone of Jordan) can be unbound through the Unbind any Unique recipe.

Cosmic Terminal bosses will drop slightly more loot.

Raid Bosses’ once a week loot has been improved.
Omega System Changes

Since we will be making various changes and bug fixes to the Omega System until it’s considered out of beta, we will be giving free respecs of your Omega Points account-wide with each patch for the next few weeks.

Omega Orbs now have more prominent VFX.

Human Augmentation: Goblin Formula cost changed to 150+10 Per Rank

Human Augmentation: Hyde Formula max ranks changed to 20

Human Augmentation: Deathlok Program repaired to scale by level and rank

Human Augmentation: Cybernetic Claws cost changed to 20+2 Per Rank

Nanotechnology: Mark 30 Extremis Armor summon damage increased by ~80%

Psionics: Melt Face and Telepathic Cloak have swapped locations.

Psionics: Legion max ranks changed to 10, individual personality proc chances changed to 0.01%, and cost changed to 150 then 175+25PerRank

Special Weapons: Tag Rounds tooltip corrected to match the actual bonus to critical hit rating and critical damage rating given per rank.

Special Weapons: Fury’s Needle Gun tooltip now shows the correct amount of damage it deals.
UI Changes

The menu options to show/hide player, boss, and pet overhead health bars should now function as intended in all regions.

New credits can now be viewed in the Credits menu to represent the end of the Asgard storyline. These credits contain spoilers for the defeat of Surtur motion comic so view at your own risk!
PVP Changes

In PVP game modes, overhead health bars should now disappear from hostile players when they enter stealth.

In PVP game modes, Psylocke should now appear invisible on hostile players' screens while stealthed.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where Team-Ups were being dealt too much damage while having Bodyguard enabled.

Fixed an issue where Team-Ups would display the incorrect amount of max health. This was simply a UI refresh error.

Fixed an issue with Moon Knight’s Synergy not providing Physical Crit Chance properly.

Human Torch: The initial hit of Scattering Blaze will now correctly trigger Fuel for the Flame.

Stealth will no longer be broken by health on hit core affixes or group buff powers, as intended.

Fixed an issue where Rocket Rex enemies would leave behind VFX elements permanently.

Spider-Man’s Spider-Brawl no longer incorrectly has the Area tag.

Toggle state of the XP bar will save its state during region changes.

Fixed an issue with trading that caused it to be disabled.

Fixed an issue where Nightcrawler’s Ultimate would target Power Cosmic hot spots.

Fixed an issue where level 20 Uniques box was not giving level 20 items.

Fixed issue with the Lady of the Sword runeword’s health on hit proc where it was not firing as often as it should.

Fixed an issue with Daredevil’s Apprehend where it would leave permanent visual effects while using the default costume.

Deadpool: Armor Buster now shows the correct amount of Critical Hit Rating.

Ghost Rider’s Penance Stare now correctly and irresistibly causes targets to cower.

Fixed an issue where Beta Ray Bill and Superior Spider-Man did not have purple ENHANCED text in the store UI.

Invisible Woman's Focus, Ms. Marvel's Photonic Energy, Jean Grey’s Phoenix Force and Psylocke's Psi Energy will no longer drain to zero on changing to a new zone.

Fixed an issue where Deadpool’s Shoot All The Bullets showed an improper unlock order.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

quote:

Psionics: Legion max ranks changed to 10, individual personality proc chances changed to 0.01%, and cost changed to 150 then 175+25PerRank
lol

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
RIP

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I was looking at the purple post up top for the patch notes and found this p. cool image instead. Note the Hawkeye.
What about him?

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
Well, they finally fixed the MK synergy, thats something at least.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Zeike posted:

RIP

What about him?

He is part of the duo that is first to get 1k kills in holosim hawkeye is now top tier

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fixed Legion so that you could really care less about Omega Points until you have 1000s of them

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
Updated TC vid of SS:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/103435/tc-silver-surfer-second-look-new-fx-and-voice#latest

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Arrgytehpirate posted:

He is part of the duo that is first to get 1k kills in holosim hawkeye is now top tier

they aren't the first to get 1k kills

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

PoultryHammock posted:

Well, they finally fixed the MK synergy, thats something at least.

This is at least the third time they've claimed they fixed that synergy, at this point I'll believe it when I see it

Madcosby posted:

Fixed Legion so that you could really care less about Omega Points until you have 1000s of them

Basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Madcosby posted:

Omega points : now just take all the + XP ones till you cap out!

• Locked thread