Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mornacale posted:

I guess it's best to only open shared quest rewards on a 60, so you don't get stuff you eventually have to ditch/upgrade?

Also, is there supposed to be a time limit to the boxes being better?

Depends on if you're planning on prestiging characters later on, if you aren't wait for 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The MARVELRUSSIA code posted earlier gives 1x Experience Boost - 2 Hours.

The new B1RTHDAY code gives 10x Daily Gift Piece of Birthday Cake.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Defender Tokens are still hosed. Don't waste time on Xdef.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Nurge posted:

The birthday cake slices seem to be worth an absolute assload of crafter experience. How big is the loot explosion from the actual assembled cake? It seems like it might probably be more worthwhile to just vendor them for easy vendor capping.

They seem to be coming fast, too - 30 minutes and I've had about 90 drop.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Defender Tokens are still hosed. Don't waste time on Xdef.

The inability of Gaz to have any idea how to set of the drop frequency of loot isn't as cute as it used to be.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
Dear Diary,

I went for a swim at the Yancy Street rec pool today when the Yancy Street Gang struck again. They depants me in the shower and I got so mad I ran out after them in front of a bunch of old ladies. I have to lay low for a few days. Reed knows something happened.

Boy if I get my hands on those Yancy Street Gang kids its clobberin time.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

nickhimself posted:

Guilt Suppression Research - lose 10 sp from your pool, 600 brutal, 10sp on kill

Shadow King's whatever (Psionics tree, middle, lower) - pet damage, critical, brutal

Tag Rounds - Critical and crit damage on ranged skill use

Daredevil - Melee critical and melee dr for 10s on any orb pickup

Those four are cheap to start and offer amazing benefits, especially GSR

look dude now that legion has been nerfed omega points are worse than relics. any facts to the contrary are irrelevant

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

DrOgreface posted:

The inability of Gaz to have any idea how to set of the drop frequency of loot isn't as cute as it used to be.

It was never cute. At this point it's god drat insulting. I eagerly way Rylonir to say "NO REALLY IT IS FIXED" for weeks on end.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Arrgytehpirate posted:

It was never cute. At this point it's god drat insulting. I eagerly way Rylonir to say "NO REALLY IT IS FIXED" for weeks on end.

Agreed, just admit ya'll done Thing'd up.

Before anyone says "it's a free game don't complain" like an idiot child, we can like the game as a whole and still dislike the really idiotic poo poo.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Not to mention the fact that they make an assload of money from it anyway.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

NotALizardman posted:

look dude now that legion has been nerfed omega points are worse than relics. any facts to the contrary are irrelevant

thanks for saying what everyone is thinking

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

How do they choose patch times anyway? I got home, sat down to play a bit and boom, patch time. My internet sucks too, so it still isn't finished.

Doesn't WoW patch exclusively on Tuesday or something specifically to minimize downtime?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Dis how I roll

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Patching any time other than Friday night would go a long way in reducing last minute gently caress-ups. Pretty disappointed the xdef tokens are still busted. I really like the shared quests feature, it's a shame that one whole section is broken. And it seems like such a simple thing to fix.

Toshimo: how many boxes did you end up opening?

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
I know that uniques are worth keeping for the duplicates, is there anything similar with artifacts, or should i get rid of those if i have no need for them?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

How do they choose patch times anyway? I got home, sat down to play a bit and boom, patch time. My internet sucks too, so it still isn't finished.

Doesn't WoW patch exclusively on Tuesday or something specifically to minimize downtime?

You seem to think Gaz are competent

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
So wait, am I getting this right? The various power buffs (Accuracy, Toughness, and the like) now appear on the buff bar, but are altogether indistinguishable from one another unless you mouse over them? :confused:

I don't remember them showing up pre–patch, at any rate.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
379 slices and counting

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
Where's the image of all the cosmic kurse clear times by hero?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

nostrata posted:

Patching any time other than Friday night would go a long way in reducing last minute gently caress-ups. Pretty disappointed the xdef tokens are still busted. I really like the shared quests feature, it's a shame that one whole section is broken. And it seems like such a simple thing to fix.

Toshimo: how many boxes did you end up opening?

To be fair, they used to patch friday afternoons every week and we all complained every week, then they got in a pretty good run of patching Thursday mornings and that's been the trend for a while now. It seems clear this patch had problems which is why it got pushed by to Friday evening. The fact that this is now the exception to the rule I see as a good thing. That being said, let's not fall back into old habits Gaz.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Toshimo posted:

379 slices and counting

Doing what?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm at 409 in about 2.5 hours of MM and cows. 270ish SIF. Boosts seem to be having a huge impact according to a teammate with less.

edit: actually I misread it, it's 439 :v:

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 14, 2014

Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!
How much crafting exp is each slice? I heard it was a lot.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Jiro Kage posted:

How much crafting exp is each slice? I heard it was a lot.

365 credits per.

What AoE should I use on Thing?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

365 credits per.

What AoE should I use on Thing?

Rockslide Charge iirc.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Cap got a fuckin' cavity from this event already what the hell were you thinking gazillion?!

Diabetes rear end Mister America walkin' around with some busted rear end boondockers 'cuz he weighs seventy more pounds than a demi-bromantic cispatriot fuckin' should what the gently caress jazzillion?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ended up looting 40 after doing the terminal daily (Modok, Manape and Doc Oc) without any boosts. Should be pretty reasonable doing whatever.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Are Defender Tokens still just a mythic nonentity in this game?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

BrianWilly posted:

Are Defender Tokens still just a mythic nonentity in this game?

I got 5 from an x-def chest earlier.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Pyronic posted:

I got 5 from an x-def chest earlier.

You're the exception not the rule.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nickhimself posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You mean "We disabled trading the same day it went live, on purpose."

They're saying they fixed the issue that caused them to disable it, LeVar Burton.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Have you all seen this? I find it interesting just because this is the first analysis I've seen of a Hero Ranking in order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AluRGa0DARGbdFFzdFFxMFJ1eUd6N3VJdC11M204Y2c

Lemme list them all in order if ya can't read it:

1) Dr. Strange
2) Loki
3) Human Torch, #1 Fire Man
4) Iron Man
5) Ms Marvel
6) Scarlet Witch
7) Emma Frost
8) Black Panther
9) Ghost Rider BWAHAHA
10) Jean Grey
11) Gambit
12) Nightcrawler
13) Moon Knight
14) Taskmaster
15) Invisible Woman
16) Captain America
17) Spidey
18) Wolferine
19) Storm
20) Colossus
21) Squirrel Girl
22) Hawkeye
23) Black Widow
24) Daredevil
25) Deadpool
26) Cable
27) Rocket Raccoon
28) Chocolate Man Luke
29) Punisher
30) Thing
31) Psylocke
32) Thor
33) Hulk
999) Cyclops

Now laugh. I can agree with some but this is really what some people believe.

Yes, punisher and Thor are terrible I know. But here you see, we are idiots and Ghost Rider has been Top 10 all along.

ICR fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 14, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Eiffel On You posted:

Have you all seen this? I find it interesting just because this is the first analysis I've seen of a Hero Ranking in order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AluRGa0DARGbdFFzdFFxMFJ1eUd6N3VJdC11M204Y2c

That... is a lot of spergin'. I mean, my god, the letter rankings even have + and -. I can't even comprehend the mind that would create this. I picture someone lying in the fetal position, rocking back and forth, "A+, B-, C, B+, C+, A-...."

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 14, 2014

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

That... is a lot of spergin'. I mean, my god, the letter rankings even have + and -. I can't even comprehend the mind that would create this.

From what i read on that guy's thread on the official forums, he used to write baseball books about the game stats or some poo poo.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
I've seen this guy's thread before, its generally just based off his and other pubbies dumb-rear end casual play. The "grades" are especially hilarious. He's had one thread or another going forever, and almost half his roster ranking is guaranteed to be off the mark.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Evidently nickhimself has contributed to this, as his Dr. Strange guide is referenced by name. Also lol at him only referring to Dr. Strange as Sorcerer Supreme. I had to google it to figure out what he was going on about. Since Strange is obviously his favorite hero, that means nickhimself's guide is like his weirdo bible. Or something.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 14, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

How the gently caress is Luke Cage the bottom of any list other than "AOE options that aren't kinda clunky?"

e: retcons now stack to 99
also I guess "not having a basically worthless tree"

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 14, 2014

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I lurk the official forums and post all over them and I admit that was my first time reading that. I just can't connect with the thinking and even the analysis on some of that poo poo. I am intrigued though. Mainly on the Loki thing.

Agreement: Yes, Strange, HT, Ironing Man are top tier. Definitely. Yes, Thor is bottom tier and I am sorry Eckert and other Cyclops players (there are plenty), Cyclops is the worst in the game. I rank (I know, it means nothing really) him, Deadpool, Rocket Raccoon, Punisher and Jean Grey as the 5 characters most desperate in need of their 52 reviews. They need them BADLY.

[Disagree]: Ghost Rider top 10?!?! He is one of the bottom 5 in game. He needs another rework already. Gambit at top tier as well at 11? That's insane. Bottom middle at best. He is completely gear dependent and worthless unless specced to kill. Luke at bottom? Beyond retarded--Moon Knight and Luke are top 2 melee in game and endgame ready without even needing top gear.

I have seen a lot of Loki talk recently and I got him when he first came out, took him to 60, and thought he was OK. I know jubelio and Ansob play him quite a bit as well as others, but is this guy as excellent as this says and I (we?) are just missing something? I never see the goons or much of anybody playing this guy.

I think byzantiumfrost (sp?) is the only guy who cosmic prestiged him on Groot.

Edit: congrats nick, you are a superstar.

ICR fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 14, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Thor is all right. My biggest problem with him is that Almighty Mjolnir (his hammer throw 2-second chargeup move) does significantly more damage than all of his other skills, so it feels like I'm wasting my time if I'm not constantly tossing around that hammer. Anti-Force is an ability on a 10 second cooldown which seems like it should be my strongest ability damage-wise, but it does almost the same damage as a fully charged Almighty Mjolnir, which will almost certainly hit every enemy twice which means it does twice the damage.

edit: Actually, Anti-Force does LESS than a fully charged Almighty Mjolnir.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

buff hulk gaz, don't question it just double his damage, the list doesn't lie

• Locked thread