Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yup, serious business there.

You will be 3-starred every time, probably until TH7.

Came off a little more serious than intended. I realize I can't put up much in the way of defenses but I was just looking for a little more detailed answer so I at least gave myself the best chance. Thanks everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
You'd be surprised how many attacks some of the more terrible clans take to destroy the better prepared th5s in our past wars.

There was that one clan that imploded from 40 members to 10 after going up against us.

spergs of war is the best.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

The best clan war defense you can do at TH5 is a protected town hall, clan castle, and air defense.

90%+ of your defense will be from the wizards your clan donates.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

vulturesrow posted:

Would someone please share a solid clan war layout for TH 5, especially if you are part of Spergs of War? Thanks!

As others have already stated, really your best chance is having an idiot blow their load on you and get decimated by CC troops. Outside of that you're very well screwed. But if you're really set on having a clan war specific TH5 base, here's one I whipped up real fast:

I call it Obummercare Server Farm

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

This is my set up. Works OK, I got 3-stared of course, but it was with an expensive army. Dragons or Hogs. Which I find hilarious. I just followed the logic mentioned above, and tried to make my CC as hard to pull as possible.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Gangringo posted:

The best clan war defense you can do at TH5 is a protected town hall, clan castle, and air defense.

90%+ of your defense will be from the wizards your clan donates.

Pretty much this is what happens every war with my wife's base. If the opponent pulls the CC troops properly it's probably getting 3 starred and the layout isn't going to save her from that. TH6 gives you some better options for defense but its nothing substantial like you get at TH7.

Edit: there's obvious things like make sure your TH is protected and that your CC is behind a few layers if you can, and don't try to use the edge of the map as a wall. Outside of that though there's not really a must-use design for that low of level.

b0ng fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 19, 2014

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

vulturesrow posted:

It does kind of matter for clan wars actually.

Put the clan castle in the middle, it's the most powerful item you have. Try to make it as unlurable as possible, use your buildings to push back the spawn area as much as possible.

Anyone saying "you will be 3-starred every time" has never seen a CC of L6 wizards not get lured and lead to a 5% defense. I have, a lot. Your best weapon is that their newbies will be attacking you, and if they don't lure properly they will never beat your CC.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
So Boom Beach is out today, anybody tried it yet?

I've played for about an hour and seems a little slower paced so far. You can only build 1 thing at a time, but that might just be because I'm only level 3.

I've not got to raid anyone yet either ;[

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I thought Boom Beach had been out for like a year already

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah, Boom Beach has been out for a while. I didn't enjoy it.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Not for us android users.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Well i never played it before to day either so its new to me too.

It doesn't seem like theres any team aspect, which i really like in coc

the upgrade times are way shorter but you only get one builder.

its a phone game meant to waste time on your road to the grave

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Ask me why I don't punctuate the last sentence of my post

Ehud posted:

Yeah, Boom Beach has been out for a while. I didn't enjoy it.

I didn't like it, either. I am developing a problem with Total Domination: Reborn though.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I think I'm like the only guy here who enjoys Boom Beach. It is the chillest CoC-type app out there.

I sincerely wish they take the Warrior troop, the Valkyrie equivalent to CoC, in that game and incorporate the self-healing trait into the CoC Valkyrie itself (as in, every time they damage a building they regenerate health), because that's probably the only thing that could make the Valkyrie useful at this point.

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Is there a goon clan because I'm stuck with a bunch of clowns. (ps I'll stop the derail now)

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
I see a lot of people that after many moons still horribly fail at or don't even try to lure the CC in wars. Would anyone here benefit from a quick best practices visual guide on luring clanholes? I kind of figure the people that could use it don't read the forums.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

psychicattack posted:

Is there a goon clan because I'm stuck with a bunch of clowns. (ps I'll stop the derail now)

No, we don't have any clans. If we did we would surely have mentioned them in the OP.

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Khablam posted:

No, we don't have any clans. If we did we would surely have mentioned them in the OP.

Totally deserved that. I was having a side conversation (clearly with myself) about TD: Reborn.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Dancing Peasant posted:

I think I'm like the only guy here who enjoys Boom Beach. It is the chillest CoC-type app out there.

I sincerely wish they take the Warrior troop, the Valkyrie equivalent to CoC, in that game and incorporate the self-healing trait into the CoC Valkyrie itself (as in, every time they damage a building they regenerate health), because that's probably the only thing that could make the Valkyrie useful at this point.

I agree, it's pretty laid back and has some great concepts I wish were in Clash. The Warrior heal thing definitely, but also I like the target mechanic for finding bases to raid, and the 'spell' implementation/variety of your boat.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Khablam posted:

Put the clan castle in the middle, it's the most powerful item you have. Try to make it as unlurable as possible, use your buildings to push back the spawn area as much as possible.

Anyone saying "you will be 3-starred every time" has never seen a CC of L6 wizards not get lured and lead to a 5% defense. I have, a lot. Your best weapon is that their newbies will be attacking you, and if they don't lure properly they will never beat your CC.

This really furthers the point that there is no great layout you have to use at TH5. Just don't do obviously stupid things with your layout and you've done the best you can, if they can pull your CC troops successfully it's probably a 3 star.

CubanRefugee
Jul 1, 2003

El Jefe
Reppin' the Row since '26.

Secret Sweater posted:

I kind of figure the people that could use it don't read the forums.

I'm pretty sure this is the issue. It's really infuriating to lose a CW, look through the logs and see a massive amount of 0 star attacks, simply because of failing to lure the CC. Seems like the people that fail to lure the CC, even after being told repeatedly, "Hey, quit loving up and lure the CC first," still do it every single CW. It's a simple concept, yet a lot of people have a hard time following it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I'm using single troops to bait the CC troops out by themselves and then demolishing them with a lightning spell. This is what I should be doing, right?

If so, I get that concept at least, but I am still dogshit at attacking and static defenses ruin me. :smith: I'm TH6 at the moment, so I don't have hogs/dragons to ruin defenses. I really want to get to 7, but all of my walls are gold and I need to upgrade a lot of my own static defenses first. Troop/spell upgrades are done at least.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm using single troops to bait the CC troops out by themselves and then demolishing them with a lightning spell. This is what I should be doing, right?

use a bunch of archers instead to save money and a spell slot

also:

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Tsurupettan posted:

If so, I get that concept at least, but I am still dogshit at attacking and static defenses ruin me. :smith: I'm TH6 at the moment, so I don't have hogs/dragons to ruin defenses. I really want to get to 7, but all of my walls are gold and I need to upgrade a lot of my own static defenses first. Troop/spell upgrades are done at least.

That's one way to do it, but it will fail against a dragon, giants, or sometimes against wizards. It's better to use your archers to pull them all the way out, then surround them with barb/arch/wiz depending on your army comp.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I lure them away from the base, and drop some Barbarians to tank and ring them with archers. Maybe drop my CC too depending on what is inside. The barch troops will kill them quickly and then go on to attack the base. I only have lighting atm; I use that to soften the defenses where my mass of troops are going to hit, trying to get the mortar and wiz tower if I can.

Not that I'm an expert, but I can 3* an equal level base (TH5) with this. From watching replays from my clan I can see it gets even more important with heroes and high level bases.

I just hit TH6, lots or upgrading and research to do. I am looking forward to using Giants and Healers. Until then barch still packs a lot of punch for the cost if deployed intelligently.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Is there any way to go back and watch my clan war attack replays?

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

vulturesrow posted:

Is there any way to go back and watch my clan war attack replays?

Crossed Swords icon, Blue star icon (top middle of page), War log, Details, View map, War Details, find where you attacked whoever and watch the replay. Only shows the last two wars.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

For Bluestacks users, how do you drop a line of troops?

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
click and hold and drag the mouse?

e: also, thwap it with your erection while screaming at the monitor.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Anyone know if it is possible to migrate an android account (connected to a gmail account) to an iPhone?

My phone got stolen and I got an Iphone from a friend and I donīt want to start over.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
^ use the link a device feature.

Come on in boys, plenty of loot in here :getin:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

milward posted:

Anyone know if it is possible to migrate an android account (connected to a gmail account) to an iPhone?

My phone got stolen and I got an Iphone from a friend and I donīt want to start over.

I don't think you can link across them without having both logged in (as the iOS version doesn't use Google+), so if you don't have an android device any more, you might want to use the just-mentioned Bluestacks to log into your android account and generate the link code.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Secret Sweater posted:

I could watch this all day.

Until I get a notification about Boom Beach!

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Thanks. I have an old HTC, I guess Iīll try to fix it via that.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Secret Sweater posted:

Got that's beautiful. Whenever I see gaps in peoples bases like that I'm afraid this will happen and I skip over.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
any good level 6 farms?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Booties posted:

any good level 6 farms?

Do the Thinkmeats from the OP, just replace the town hall with your laboratory.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Booties posted:

Got that's beautiful. Whenever I see gaps in peoples bases like that I'm afraid this will happen and I skip over.

Yeah if you are running barch or bam that setup will pretty much end you if you deploy in the box. All of the overlapping AOE just kills all your poo poo as you put it down.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
Can someone in WeSpent shoot me a PM when there is an opening? I'm going to finish out this clan war but I am looking to try out a different goon clan.

TH 8 almost maxed/4500 donations this league/spergs often/etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

I know it's not as impressive as some of you guys wins but I do like how close we are to maxing the other clan. If you guys want to join up you're more than welcome, but we do a lot of wars and don't really tolerate not participating in wars.