Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I levelled Cyclops to 50 this week and I've had nowhere near as much trouble just maxing Ricochet and Optic Devastation and a bunch of passives. And I am not good at videogames, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
So I did a thing. I got Clgibcount to come out as TRIPLE HUGE HULK because I wanted to see the size difference. Tiny baby man Wolverine is pretty much the greatest thing I have ever encountered.

HE'S SO FEROCIOUS, LOOK AT HIM

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I'm a bit sad. My house flooded last night and I can use my PC. Any Marvel Heroes will have to be done on my Mac. It's a very fast and well specced Mac, but Marvel Heroes lags to loving hard on it.

Also, I have been making my end game builds based around my own sense of logic without any collaboration and I've been recently made aware that other people are very smart and may have better ideas about Moon Knight and Human Torch than me. I wanted to get some feedback on what I've been running and hopefully learn how to squeak a bit more out.

Here's my Moon Knight:

Max Skills:
Gruesome Frenzy (DUH)
Cestus Gaultlet Punch
Carbonadium Armor
Fists of Khonshu
Truncheon Ricochet
Crescent Fan
Tripwire Bolas

One Pointers:
Explosive Crescent Dart (for the vulnerability)
Khonshu Unbound
Statue of Khonshu

The build is designed to make the most use out of Maht's Arrowhead to keep spirit up with bleeds to maintain a damage rotation on trash and bosses. It's also the best way that I have found to deal with large groups of trash in Cosmics or XDef while still keeping a huge pile of single target damage for bosses.

Gear:
MK's 1-3 and 5 slot uniques and Footstigons on 4. 200 health and 50 physical damage enchants.
Artifacts are Maht's Arrowhead, Advanced Crimson Crystal of Cyttorak, Siege's Targeting System, and Gem of the Kursed, all with Helas. (I want a Hand of Doom, but I don't know what to replace)
800 Armor Uru and God of Mischief runeword. Insignia is Wasp(terrible) with 251 crit rating and 758 crit damage rating.
Relic is Lemuria, Medallion is Cosmic Kingpin but I desperatly want to find a Cosmic Sabretooth because of the synergy with the bleed focus.
Legendary is Savage Axe of Ares, Costume Core is 2 seconds of invulnerability and 25% on medkit, and right now I am Affixed for health.

I have about 22k health, 9k defense, 42 crit, 48 brut, and my record is a 4.5 million brutal strike on the last hit of Gruesome Frenzy

I've found with testing ranged only builds is that they suck for bosses and melee only builds build around big Gruesome Frenzys but struggle with trash and require a basic to not go dry on spirit. I've found that my boss DPS over a full fight is slightly better with this build than with a melee only build with max moon staff and no Maht's or Sabretooth Medallion. I also feel a lot more engaged with this build.

I'm pretty sure that going for Health Affixes on the costume is a mistake, but I feel so uncomfortable with CDR because it seems like I am much more squishy. I've joked in SG chat that I die a lot, but I rarely die on Cosmics(Except Doom, gently caress you Doom) and XDef. Can someone help me understand why I should switch to CDR?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is there an event this weekend to surround Silver Surfman? The return of cakes? Something else?

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I think cakes are coming back, and I would be surprised if there wasn't some kind of big blowout event if not this weekend then next.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
from whatever others have posted it seems like next weekend is the "big" event, and this weekend is going to involve cakes+Blob and SS, not sure what that involves beyond the new character.

It got lost a couple of pages back, but I have blessings/legendary marks saved up for SS, and I have just been assuming he'll be best off with a CCR, not sure what his passives are like yet though.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

HopperUK posted:

I levelled Cyclops to 50 this week and I've had nowhere near as much trouble just maxing Ricochet and Optic Devastation and a bunch of passives. And I am not good at videogames, either.

Cyclops was my second level 60, mostly because I already had him at 50 for the synergy and I figured I might as well grind out the rest. It was slower than other characters, but definitely not as horrible as everyone makes out. For really big dense packs, I actually like Channeled Blast better than Ricochet Blast - it hits everything in its path simultaneously, and you can focus on elites that are surrounded by trash. If you keep Tactical Command up, and use Sweeping Kick occasionally for the damage boost, he's really not that bad.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

quote:

New Hero: Silver Surfer

The Herald of Galactus himself has come to Marvel Heroes! Use the power cosmic to tear holes in reality, fire powerful beams, and surf through enemies, leaving cosmic destruction in your wake!
Event: Return of the Cakes!

For our second-last week of Anniversary month, the Cake is back!

Cake slices will again drop in all areas of the game, and a daily gift of 5 along with with 5 Eternity Splinters will be granted.
Items and Crafting

Birthday Cakes will drop fewer Day Runes, but will now drop an Omega Point and more random items.

We made improvements to the Legendary item, M’Kraan Crystal. This item now gives 200 Spirit, 1000 Health, 500 Damage Rating, 500 Critical Rating, and has a special proc at rank 5.

Shared Quest boxes now have a chance to drop Unstable Molecules and Retcon Devices.

Any Fortune Card Mark 4 received from Friday onwards will no longer contain “boons”. Existing boons and existing Fortune Cards Mark 4 are not affected in any way. We'll probably introduce a modified version of boons someday in the future that have a limit to the number of players affected to prevent "boon parties" from overloading public zones.

The Eternity Splinter cost of Retcon Devices has been reduced from 125 to 65.
Omega System

New feature: Shift-Clicking the + button on the Omega system interface increases your ranks in that power by 10 instead of 1.

Human Augmentation: Hyde Formula: Max ranks is now 20.

Human Augmentation: Forever Compound: Cost changed to scaling 5+1 per rank

Neural Enhancement: “Limitless” NZT buffs are now only visible to and consumable by the player that created them

A full respec for Omega System will be provided next week (and one the week after that).

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug where the Mac client would sometimes crash while using a language other than English.

Fixed a bug where % damage bonus for Physical, Energy, and Mental damage (specifically) would cap at +100% in certain situations. They no longer have a cap.

Fixed a bug where Rocket Raccoon's Kree Turret Control Matrix was displaying % Health (which was a tooltip error). The pet health bonus has been converted to bonus health for Rocket Raccoon. Changed the attack speed bonus on this item to be a critical rating bonus, which is much more effective for summoned allies compared to attack speed. Overall, this unique is noticeably buffed.

The drop rate of several items have been increased for enemies created post-launch, including things such retcons, unstable molecules and Fortune Cards.

Gambit's Grand Slam has been updated to fix several bugs. He will now release his charge-up spinning staff attack as soon as the bar is full, rather than continue charging in place. Spirit will no longer be drained during his charge-up, so damage has been reduced slightly and he should no longer become stuck in a bugged spirit-drain state. Grand Slam will now also have its cost reduced by the Energy attribute.

Jean Grey's Ultimate will now restore 100% of her Phoenix Force instead of only up to 100. This was important for players who had over 100 Phoenix Force.

Animal Balloons will now properly give defense.

Fixed an issue where players would be locked out of the Muspelheim raid after defeating Slag.

Runeword God of Mischief will now correctly give +1 to every hero’s Ultimate.

Moon Knight will no longer enter a bugged state when procing Xerogenesis while having Avatar of Vengence active.

Loki's Enthrall will now be able to damage bosses who are immune to the confuse portion of the attack

Spider-Man's Leaping Assault can no longer be cancelled by moving prior to the power dealing damage.

Fixed an issue with the Asgardian Door Defense not properly starting.
Review Pass on “Slow” Powers

We did a big pass on powers that “slow” attack and move speed.

With the new scaling up to 50 ranks, some powers were slowing massive amounts, including many over 100%. We adjusted the scaling of all of these powers to start at a higher slow amount (making them immediately effective, even as 1 pointers) and capping the slow from hero powers at 60% (and slightly higher for disengaging shot powers and for Black Widow’s signature, which has a specific “stop people from running away while I'm invisible” purpose).

This is a huge buff at lower levels and lower ranks and an intentional “nerf” to some of the crazier slows at max ranks.
Known Issues

Hawkeye’s ultimate will be fully converted to Physical Damage in the next game build.

Silver Surfer’s Silver Savage costume 2D icons didn’t make this patch and will be in the next game build. The costume itself is quite beautiful. Due to this, it will only be available via bundles until the next patch.

Silver Surfer's Silver Savage costume may not display its textures correctly at low detail settings. This will be fixed in the next update.

Shadows for Silver Surfer's board may not display correct at low detail settings. This will be fixed in the next update.

There are a few hero bug fixes that didn't quite make the patch deadline, which will be in next week's patch.
In Development

The final encounter of the Muspelheim Raid, Surtur himself, will be in final testing and deployment very shortly. Once Surtur is defeated, the raids will transition out of Beta and full rewards will be added to their loot tables and an alternate currency will be available for encounters outside of the system (very similar to the WoW system).

Mr. Fantastic will be available for public testing soon.

Star-Lord is schedule for release with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, along with a couple of friends to team-up with.

Several team-up heroes are in development including Beta-Ray Bill (100% feature complete and in testing), Wasp (in design), She-Hulk (in design) and others.

Login rewards and the Achievements system are in the final stages of testing and UI implementation.

We have another anniversary month event planned for next week. You will not want to miss it.

Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Patch Notes posted:

Any Fortune Card Mark 4 received from Friday onwards will no longer contain “boons”. Existing boons and existing Fortune Cards Mark 4 are not affected in any way. We'll probably introduce a modified version of boons someday in the future that have a limit to the number of players affected to prevent "boon parties" from overloading public zones.

YOU MONSTERS SEE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DID. I'm honestly surprised it took them this long to do something about them.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Any poopsockers want to chime in on this who have have had the same experience that I have over the course of the last, I dunno, several months? I'm at over 1.5k hours total. I play quite a bit.

Artifacts have been an issue for me lately. Last night I found a HoD (weeee), but I was chaining Doom again on Nightcrawler with the collector's buff all evening, bars and shot glasses for several hours trying to get a cosmic medallion. I found a HoD (weeee, first one I've ever found. wasn't even what I was hunting for), so hey there's some blessings. I've still never found a GoK.

This is anecdotal testimony, but goddamn. After the last couple months of play I stop thinking it's luck and start thinking that Ryolnir is full of poo poo when he says every non-chase artifact is on the same drop table. I use my teamup inventory for artifacts I've found and medkits - that's it, mostly in an effort to "track" the drops. I only have characters at 60, I have the whole roster at 60. I haven't found poo poo except that lucky HoD yesterday. My last PSS was in January. I've found more good purple insignias since their drop rate was upped than artifacts by a large margin, which is weird. Uniques, cosmic rings, insignias have all been up up up. I'm overflowing with Seraphims, H.A.M.M.E.R Ordinances and Distress Calls. Otherwise it's zero ASSS, I think two Crimson Crystals, endless Pamas, a Zigg or two, and then a bunch of trash as far as non "chase" artifacts.

Basically I think they know what's desirable and what isn't, and say that it's "all on the same table - RNG!!!" It's hard for us to argue with their drop simulations and spreadsheets that make our eyes bleed, I know. I mean how big of a sample size do you need for anecdotal to become fair? Am I too :tinfoil: here?

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Gok droprate is perfectly fine imo

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'll second that since I've come back artifact drops in general seem to be much rarer then before.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

quote:

Silver Surfer's Silver Savage costume may not display its textures correctly at low detail settings. This will be fixed in the next update.

Shadows for Silver Surfer's board may not display correct at low detail settings. This will be fixed in the next update.
Silver Surfer may not display at low detail settings

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'll second that since I've come back artifact drops in general seem to be much rarer then before.

Yeah I barely ever see artifacts, I see way more uniques.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

a big fat bunny posted:

YOU MONSTERS SEE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DID. I'm honestly surprised it took them this long to do something about them.

They should have waited until the release of playable Magneto, then we could have the complete "survived the Holocaust" experience. :argh:

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
The best thing about the Storm update is it now simulates her character-defining power of summoning a pea-soup fog.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I hope solar flare man is in as a surprise so I can have a new dude to play

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Every time I read the patch notes and look at the size of the patch I am confused. I don't see 700mb worth of changes. Is it overwriting packed files that have a number or two changed inside or something?

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Stagger_Lee posted:

The best thing about the Storm update is it now simulates her character-defining power of summoning a pea-soup fog.

As long as they don't gently caress with my AFK farming Waifu too much, I could care less what they do with her. I am a bad person though.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

HUMAN FISH posted:

Gok droprate is perfectly fine imo

Shut your face

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

FadedReality posted:

Is it overwriting packed files that have a number or two changed inside or something?

This is probably it. I can't imagine the patches actually pile on top of the size of the install, although I can't confirm because I don't track the size from patch to patch (Who does that? not even Gaz).

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Attn: Nackhamself :siren:

quote:

Runeword God of Mischief will now correctly give +1 to every hero’s Ultimate.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Speaking of Storm here's her update:

quote:

Overview

Storm’s review is pretty straight forward. For additional context, here were our overarching goals for this project:
Art Upgrade - Improved the visual and audio components of many of her powers to feel more crisp and visceral. Also, she’s been given an awesome new combat animation set featuring her hovering.
New Powers - Storm’s theme as an area of effect caster type Hero felt very strong, and we want to keep it that way. However, we added a few powers (specializing in opening up Windrider build potential) to reinforce this theme, and rounded out the playability of her builds by adding a strong single target power.
The bottom line is we wanted to maintain what people already love about Storm, and enhance her builds so she feels even more like the Goddess of Weather.
What follows is a quick breakdown of what was actually done to powers in her kit.

Skybreaker

NEW - Eye of the Storm - This passive will be a core component to Lightning-based Storm builds. It provides movement speed, Critical Rating to Lightning powers, and grants the Dexterity team buff to Storm and her allies when she uses a Lightning power.
NEW - Electrocute - Storm channels lightning directly on a target, heavily damaging it. While channeling, any enemies who are nearby Storm will be shocked by offshoot tendrils of electricity.
Lightning Bolt - Now causes a lingering electric damage-over-time (DoT) effect to enemies struck.
Lightning Column - The column of electricity has been greatly increased in size and damage, and is created on every 3rd cast of Lightning Column.
Chain Lightning - The arc of lightning now travels much faster. The lightning can’t strike the same enemy twice in the same cast. The power’s damage has been increased accordingly.
Lightning Rush - Whenever Storm uses a Lightning power, her next Lightning Rush will deal bonus damage. This replaces the stun restriction, thereby enhancing the play-pattern of lightning builds.
Ball Lightning - We like where this is now, so it will remain unchanged.
Stunning Bolt - The DoT component has been merged into Lightning Bolt, and Stunning Bolt has been removed.
Thundering Bolt - As a ‘standard’ AoE, Thundering Bolt felt somewhat out of place in the Lightning Tree which had plenty of other area-clearing options, and has been removed in favor of a Wind-themed AoE power. The stun component from this power has migrated to Lightning Storm.
Goddess of Weather - Storm's Ultimate has not undergone changes for this review. The impressive visuals, potent utility, and incredible room-clearing power make this truly feel Ultimate in nature.

Windrider

NEW Signature Power - Typhoon - Storm forms a great Typhoon at a location. The Typhoon will pull in nearby enemies to trap them inside, dealing heavy damage.
NEW - Microburst - Storm pulls down a quick gust of air from the sky, dealing a burst of damage.
Buffeting Zephyr - This power has been transformed into a channeled basic attack. The power still reflects projectiles and knocks back enemies when first channeling the power.
Healing Winds (formerly Turbulent Winds) - This passive has been redesigned to be a core component to Windrider builds. It provides health regeneration, damage rating to Wind powers, and grants the Constitution team buff to her party when she uses a Wind power. The vulnerability component has been moved to Lightning Storm.
Sirocco Rush - The Weaken component of Sirocco Rush has been migrated to Microburst.
Sudden Tornadoes - This power now summons a roaming tornado which seeks out enemies, rather than firing tornadoes as projectiles. Storm can maintain up to 5 tornadoes at once.
Refreshing / Quickening Breeze - The Breeze powers have been removed. Their components have been migrated to other powers or passives within Storm’s power kit, primarily to Eye of the Storm and Healing Winds.
Windy Flight - No changes with this update.

Stormcrafter

NEW - Storm Surge - Migrated from Refreshing Breeze, Storm Surge cleanses Storm of crowd control effects and prevents them for a short duration. In addition, Storm Surge provides a secondary effect based on which Tempest is currently active, granting it extra utility as a cooldown power.
NEW - Arcing Tempest - While toggled on, Arcing Tempest causes lightning to strike nearby enemies once every half second. This provides Storm with a pure-damage alternative Tempest when she is dealing with a small number of elite enemies. When Storm Surge is activated, all visible enemies will be struck by lightning, taking heavy damage.
NEW - Obscuring Fog - Storm rolls in a blanket of fog that effectively makes her and her allies invisible for a short duration.
Gusting Tempest - The initial knockback when first toggling the power on has been removed (this naturally occurs via the toggled effect already). When Storm Surge is activated, Gusting Tempest will create a burst of wind, dealing damage, knocking back enemies, and reflecting projectiles.
Freezing Tempest - The chance to freeze enemies has been removed (slow effect remains). When Storm Surge is activated, Freezing Tempest will instantly freeze any enemies hit. This gives Storm players who use Freezing Tempest a more controlled, reliable method of freezing enemies.
Lightning Storm - This power now stuns enemies on the initial cast, granting it the instant crowd control component from Thundering Strike. The area duration has been increased, and the power has been moved to the Skybreaker tree. The Storm now causes vulnerability.
Thundering Maelstrom - Now counts as both a Wind and a Lightning power, gaining benefits from both Eye of the Storm and Healing Winds.
Crashing Hail - This power has been moved to the Windrider tree.
Elusive Blast - This power has been migrated to the Skybreaker tree.
Spirited - As a simple utility passive with a powerful effect, Spirited is in a good place, and has received no changes with this update.

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 20, 2014

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Shut your face

It's a good idea to listen to the guy with the PAD avatar about what constitutes acceptable levels of grinding for a normal human. Sure it's not Marvel Puzzle Quest levels of absurd, but understand that men with the strongest willpower can only take so much punishment before they break.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Nodoze posted:

Shut your face

you got one after running kurse 3 times.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Tom Gorman posted:

It's a good idea to listen to the guy with the PAD avatar

agree

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
What is PAD, and why is it special concerning grinding 'knowledge'?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Speaking of Storm here's her update:

quote:

Refreshing / Quickening Breeze - The Breeze powers have been removed. Their components have been migrated to other powers or passives within Storm’s power kit, primarily to Eye of the Storm and Healing Winds.

NEW - Storm Surge - Migrated from Refreshing Breeze, Storm Surge cleanses Storm of crowd control effects and prevents them for a short duration. In addition, Storm Surge provides a secondary effect based on which Tempest is currently active, granting it extra utility as a cooldown power.

horns.aiff

Microburst sounds like a dumb concept for a power, but the rest of this review sounds really good. Let's hope 52 Storm is more BW than Wolverine.

e;

quote:

Spirited - As a simple utility passive with a powerful effect, Spirited is in a good place, and has received no changes with this update.

Unless they upped her base spirit pool significantly, :laffo:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 20, 2014

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Bloodly posted:

What is PAD, and why is it special concerning grinding 'knowledge'?

It's a mobile game that, depending on your rage/willpower can make you spend $75 in about 2 minutes or spend months grinding to reach the same goal.

Like, imagine if random hero boxes were $5 each, and were 90% Ghost Riders, and it was the only way to get new heroes.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I like playing Daredevil really mobile, and ended up spec'ing out of Triple Strike entirely because I hated how it rooted me in one spot for so long. It can do some really serious damage, especially with his one unique that gives +Martial Arts AND +Triple Strike. Buuut I find I get comparable damage from a couple quick combos of Nunchuck Beatdown + Jumping Strike + Spinning Hook Kick and be much more survivable. Jumping Strike has good range and seems to dodge attacks, and you're not stuck in one spot or waste your combo points if you whiff. I also never even come close to running out of spirit anymore.

Rebounding Club is essential, the passives are all awesome, Nunchuck Beatdown because you will be using it constantly, Street Sweeper for mobs and Jumping Strike for single targets, and make sure to max your signature - you'll be laughing at all those other guys that have to wait 30 seconds for a cooldown when you're popping one out at least every 8 seconds. I like a few points in Spinning Hook Kick, but ymmv. Some people have issues with crappy melee aiming issues or remembering to use it in time. Put one point in Born Again. The extra healing can be handy when you're rolling away from spike damage in cosmics, but it's not a game changer. Fearsome Fist of Farallah is a pretty good artifact on him too, since he has high innate dodge and can constantly proc that +1200 crit.

Daredevil is miles away from where he was when I picked him as my starter character.

This is what I was thinking - cool, good to know that my gut was mostly right. I was going to put more points into Born Again, but if it's not worth it I'll one point it and move along. I'm still leveling,but I have grown to actually like DD (my starter as well) now that they've revamped him.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Tom Gorman posted:

It's a mobile game that, depending on your rage/willpower can make you spend $75 in about 2 minutes or spend months grinding to reach the same goal.

Like, imagine if random hero boxes were $5 each, and were 90% Ghost Riders, and it was the only way to get new heroes.

So, like R2Games and it's products, for instance. Yes, I'm familiar with the phenomenon.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

RAID: A Love Story

So, read the tabloids today and saw you wanted to raid. Congrats--you just made the worst mistake of your life.

Marvel Heroes decided in June, the first month of the new year (2015), to add raids to the game. Many of us have raided in previous games and know that we had to quit our jobs in order to be successful, needed to bring all max everything and must be the best in the game to succeed. Throw those preconceived notions out the window. It's time to go in for a bumpy ride.

What do I need to know before I raid?

Bear down, this is endgame content. This is basically what you do last in your quest to playing your character completely. Think of the breakdown as: Story Mode->MM/Holosim/Xdef->Terms->Cosmic Terms->Raids. You just graduated from doing cosmic terms, and you feel like you're ready for a new challenge. This is where raids play a role if[/] you choose to do so. But what should you do to prepare yourself?

First, get very comfortable with your character. You should be raiding with a character you love. One that you know the skills for, know good rotations for, etc.

Second, get geared up. Whether that's getting all 60 uniques, getting all 60 uniques WITH great stats, get geared up. Blessings on your artifacts, runeword applied, Legendary at Rank 5. This gives you THE BEST chance at success and pulling your weight in the raid. Can you raid without following ALL of the above? I bet you could. Let's take it from this perspective though just to maximize success and funfactor.

Third, And consider this optional, but a great way to test your strength, do the following and see if your character can do it:
a) Run Cosmic Kurse without dying. That's the minimum. Want to step your game up? Do it in 4 minutes or less.
b) Go to the SHIELD Training Room and test your kill time on the bosses. Bottom Left should be cleared in 15 SECONDS. Top boss should be able to be done in 30 SECONDS. Do not use your ult. Any other skill is required. I love this metric for testing your TTK. Note: The dummies are named "Lvl 60 DPS Target Dummy" and "Lvl 60 Boss DPS Target Dummy". The Boss Dummy is the one people do the 15s time on. The Non-Boss Dummy has like 2x the HP, weirdly. The Boss Dummy is in the Northwest corner. The Non-Boss Dummy is in the center on the West side.

Fourth, there is no 4th. I guess bring a lot of medkits, have somebody bring a vendor for your pet slot, clear some room in the inventory for the massive drops and let's put a raid squad together!

So, I've never raided before and I'm not sure if I can handle it...

Good. This is Marvel Heroes, home of the Easy Bake Oven. There are 6-year-olds playing this game and steamrolling the content. Probably got Gems of the Kursed too. Good for them. You can do this.

I am going to outline this guide with the details behind each of the current encounters. I drew a lot of my ideas from the official forums just reading every single raid thread and playing with the crew who is on at the same time I am on. We have beaten encounters 1-3 and I believe we all know how to beat them now. We are ready to expand and personally, get some other goons involved in raiding so we are ALL on equal playing field. As goons, let's not be the assholes who exclude people from raiding with each other. Let's help each other get better, learn the mechanics and get some of this excellent loot that drops in raids. Shall we begin? (Yes/No) (Circle one. If you did, you're stupid. You now have a mark on your monitor. Not smart.)

Lord Brimstone and Lady Hellfire: Family Values Tour 1999

PART ONE: What a beautiful day outside. Lord Brimstone and Lady Hellfire have graced the world with their presence and smiled brightly on their foes. We can't wait to meet these shining stars face to face. First notes, you have 30 lives at your disposal on your team. Once that hits 0, your team wipes and we start from scratch. Coordination is going to help you go a long way with this, so please, cast your ego aside and listen to each other or somebody who wants to lead the raid. I always say designate your leader as the person who opened the instance.

Your first task as a group is to defeat the Sentries. There are 10 of them, they are highlighted on the map and you go through the map to destroy all 10. There is lava that is not good to stand in because it hurts. Kill the trash and the sentries. There isn't much strategy required here and should be familiar to mechanics you already know. It's the part after that is going to require strategy.

PART TWO: There's our two friends waiting to play with us. Glad their parents decided to let them hang out, they may not even have a curfew how sweet. Let's post a picture immediately and see how this is all going to unfold:

[timg]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/plum456/twinspic_zpse9919653.png[/img]
Shamelessly stolen from the official forums, posted by Raid Guild

Ok, get it? Of course not. So here is what this means. Your goal is to split each of your 10 members into 2 groups of 5. Of those 5, ONE of these members needs to be a 'tanky/melee' character. Hulks, Moon Knights, Wolferines, Ever-loving blue-eyed Things, Ms. Marvels, Colossi, etc. Somebody needs to be staying on the bosses. Reason being: IF they are left alone for 10 seconds, they start to regenerate health. That's not what we came here for. From there, 4 members with the one tank, 4 with the other. One group goes right, one group goes left.

So, here's your plan of action: Once you all go to your side and start attacking, the timer starts. You have TEN MINUTES to defeat the two bosses. There is more to it than that because this is a raid, where mechanics change. B and H are the bosses up there in that picture. The adds are your buffs you will get when you switch off the bosses. The arrows show the direction you will switch to. CLOCKWISE ROTATION. When do you switch? Bottom right hand corner of your map will show you a timer stack. Each 1 stack represents 2% damage reduction. When that stack reaches 50, you will do 0 damage to the boss. As it goes up, you do less damage to the boss. You MUST pay attention to this. Switch somewhere between 35 and 40, depending on how you feel. As you switch, kill the trash in the middle (marked ADDS in the photo), pick up 1 buff and go to town on the next boss. Tank character switches once somebody from the other side makes it over to the next boss. Get it? Never, ever, ever leave the boss unattended. You do have 10 seconds if left unattended, but it's not a risk worth taking. Unless you are James Bond.

Watch out for the bosses damages and tells: This is how you take damage. Watch out for the red rings on the ground as they are major attacks. When you see that on ground, many characters, if not all, are gonna have to step away as it's massive damage. Notice how the bosses attack. The red rings are avoid. Also, GREEN BOMBS vs. RED BOMBS:
1) Green has arrows pointing in and means you need to have some teammates near you to take damage. If you are tagged with the Green Bomb, get near your players when attacking. If you do not, you will take all of the damage rather than spread the damage out.
2) Red has arrows pointing outward and means you need to get away from your teammates. Any teammates near this bomb will take heavy damage that could kill them all, depending on HP. Just get away from your allies when you have this.

Ultimates are key On your first switch, once you have grabbed a buff, use your ultimate. Basically, if you started attacking Hellfire, you're going to ult Brimstone and vice versa. Really bring out your arsenal here and sustain, sustain, sustain. Keep putting mega damage down and doing that work. Follow your rotation, always grab your buff and that's that. Do NOT focus on killing the trash. Kill a mob, grab a buff, go. Watch your timers as well. After 10 minutes are up, the bosses will be enraged and start doing mega damage. Talking one shot kills here. You can still kill them after the enrage timer, but hopefully, they only have a couple percentage points left. Keep that in mind.

Final reminders before moving on :

1) Do not leave the boss unattended. If you do, make sure your team understands they have 10 seconds to get to a boss. That is game-changing.
2) Watch your buffs/debuffs in bottom right. No later than 40 do you rotate.
3) Ultimate on first switch. Make sure you always have a buff from the adds.
4) One thing we always notice is Hellfire goes down first. That is normal if bosses have different HP. Once Hellfire goes down, all on Brimstone and keep the damage booming.
5) Don't die. I mean, you will most likely, but don't die a whole lot and lose to deaths. If you're gonna lose, lose to the enrage timer.

I DID IT!

Tell your parents how great you are and make them proud. All loot drops at the entrance and it's a guaranteed unique with high probability of a Challenge Bonus. They add things like +1 Energy, +1 Durability etc. Items are supposed to be iLvl 66, but that's still being tuned. :gaz: Let's move on! :):):):):)

Overseer Slag: Giant Person

Oh Slag, let me count the ways. So dreamy, so fetch. This is the hardest encounter for sure (4 doesn't count as it is not tuned). This is when real communication begins and knowing your role is essential to this fight. Here is how it works:

[i]Shamelessly stolen once again, from people on the Internet

There are 10 prisoners to defend in this encounter. They are marked on that map above. Your mission: Keep ALL of the prisoners alive and violently murder Slag. Slag is a bitch. Fact. Guarding the prisoners can be a bitch. Fact. Fire Giants are Satin. End of story.

Let me explain this: The circles around 1-3 means somebody needs to be watching 1-3 at all times. They will NOT be going after the boss. 4-5 needs to have somebody dedicated as well. They will NOT be going after the boss. 6-7 (and 8, depending) will need somebody watching at all times, no boss play. 9-10 (and 8, depending) will need somebody watching at all times, no boss play. The two guys who defend 6-10 need to decide who wants to watch 8. That means 6 people are on boss at all times, with 1 being a floater to help on Fire Giants IF requested. Communications 101.

Follow me one last time:

1) 1-3: 1 person
2) 4-5: 1 person
3) 6-8: 1 person
4) 9-10: 1 person

Whoever watches 8, be fast and have a way to get to it--it's an island :).

AoE chars are who you put on the prisoners. Fast characters too. I'm Human Torch, period. Many of you already know, he is my waifu. I am never going to go on the boss. Moon Knight? That's boss material. Cable? That's boss material. Cycl..hahah. Just kidding, I'm so sorry. Personal example: 1-3 was Ms. Marvel, 4-5 was Human Torch, 6-8 was Dr. Strange, 9-10 was Black Panther. Boss was 2 Moon Kings, 2 Cables, 1 Iron Man. Floater was Iron Man. Back to those god awful Fire Giants, MOTHER R*&*%&!&@$@(.

Fire GiantsThese things spawn randomly and are mega damage, mega hit points. If my signature is up, I can handle it. If not, I ask my floater to come help by killing the Fire Giant and then he/she rotates back to the boss. Fire Giants target YOU. They chase you down until you die. Archers are attacked by the Yellow Mobs. They have good HP too, and when they spawn, if you are a prisoner defender, you KILL ARCHERS FIRST. Always and forever kill archers first.

Back to basics..

I jumped around a bit, so here is the first step. Designate who covers what. Then, go into the battle and immediately upon going through the gate, the timer starts. ALL 10 OF YOU WILL ULT THE BOSS ON ARRIVAL. After ult, if you are a defender, you go to your rightful area to defend and you camp that poo poo until your little heart is content. If you die, call your floater to help until you get back.

Boss people, here is what you need to know:

Slag attacks are:

Butt Slam - Visible by a large red circle on the ground
Hammer Strike 1 - Visible by a telegraph of Slag raising his hammer up and hitting the ground in front of him
Hammer Strike 2 - As per Hammer Strike 1, but leaves a small ground DoT visible by orange lava on the ground

Avoid those. Especially a butt slam. You know how powerful a butt is.

If you lose a prisoner, Slag regenerates 10% health immediately. That is bad news bears and in most cases will call for a wipe. You also do 5% increased damage for every prisoner that is alive. So, yeah, that's why we defend prisoners.

Tips and Tricks

1) Do about 10% damage for every minute. Beat the TTK by doing this. If it's 4 minutes to go and 36% health left, you are ahead of schedule. If that's 56%, you got your work cut out for ya.
2) If there is like 2 minutes to go, and Slag has 10% health left, feel free to pull a guy off to watch whatever prisoner is lowest in health. Your DPS is fine on the boss and you can afford to do that. Remember, lose NO prisoners, period.
3) If you are not using a voice comm at all, have little codes to communicate. Maybe G can represent Fire Giant and I need help. Just type G and floater will know what to do.
4) 30 lives again just like all of 'em. Don't die. :)

I DID IT!

Omg momma is so proud. She has got the pirogue on the river of tears right now how quaint. Grab that loot at the front again and exit stage left for THE MONOLITH (r).

The Monolith: Man Among Boys

Let me preface this with this is the funnest encounter in the game. Not in the raid, in the game. I absolutely love what they did with THE MONOLITH, the strongest man in the game. Who happens to be...a building. In the immortal words of Buttes, 'w o w. rude.'

This is also very straightforward and your easiest encounter too. You WILL need 2 AoE characters because it splits between north and south. North is where Fandral, NPC goes. South is where Volstagg, NPC goes. One heavy AoE goes north, one heavy AoE goes south. 4 on the north and 4 on the south. 2 of the players (heaviest damage chars) will PERMANENTLY stay on the Monolith. Monolith does no damage rofl.

When the encounter starts, the NPCs will start moving to the Obelisks to repair them. As they are moving, they are not taking any damage. You will go to the Monolith and start putting heavy damage on, despite Monolith having a shield. Every bit counts. Once the NPC stops moving and starts repairing the Obelisk, report to your location and start defending.

Defending the Obelisk from Command & Conquer

There are two things to watch out for. A) The god forsaken Fire Giants, who only take damage in fire. If you get targeted by one (and you'll know with a giant message on your screen), you must lead them to a fire pit and let them take damage there. That is how they die. They explode on death too so get away when they are at a sliver left. The explosion has a good chance to kill you. B) The archers, who attack the NPC. You MUST keep your NPC alive. Trash is trash, but those archers and Fire Giants must be killed asap. Don't even hesitate. Hesitation is for ninnies.

Once the obelisk is repaired, he goes to the next one. There are 6 total, 3 on each side. As they shift over to the next obelisk, GO ATTACK MONOLITH. Once NPC arrives at Obelisk, go back to NPC. Rinse and repeat everything.

So what about the most OP building of all time, THE MONOLITH?

After all the obelisks are repaired, it will be about 1 minute left. Obelisk will most likely have about 60-80% health depending on how that DPS went. Once 1 minute is left, his shield is gone. EVERYBODY moves to the Obelisk, ults their heart out and pushes that buildings poo poo in. The health will just start dropping, and dropping and dropping until 0. If the enrage timer is hit (it happened for us), the Monolith gets all turnt up. One shots practically everybody and starts destroying everything. You will go from 28/30 lives to 5/30 in no time. But you still have a chance and you can win this fight.

Tips and Tricks

1) Boss guys don't leave. If defending the NPC is easy with 4, take somebody off. Put 4 on the boss, 3 up North, 3 down south. Figure out your team.
2) If you have a high level ult, you can ult twice in this one. As long as your timer permits it. If you are say, lvl 12 ult, ult from the beginning when NPCs are moving and then ult at the end.
3) AoE will be for taking out ALL that trash. There's a lot that spawns near your NPC. Just be ready for that.
4) The archers will possibly be off screen if you stand directly on the NPC and as one of the non-AoE guys, Job #1 is sweeping the perimeter for them. Fire giants will go to their marked targets so they are less of a priority... unless you get marked.
5) Fire giants deal damage to the monolith when they explode, you kite them through the fire (a little aura on the giant shows that it's ignited) and up to the tower to explode.

I DID IT!

You have saved planet Earth and in return, momma is gonna make you your favorite dish. She will probably just say, "Thanks for saving the planet" and give you a handshake or something. How sweet.

Get your loot again and have fun!

Guys, that's raiding in a nutshell! Ask me any questions ever if you have any. Before your raid, especially those who don't use Mumble or whatever, read this. Just know what to do, establish roles from the get go and give it your all!

Good luck and I'll move this to Page 1 soon.

ICR fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 20, 2014

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

drat, what a post. And hot!

Also thread, this is Ronco Showtime/Zedmore now. I blame Lowtax and myself.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kalli posted:

I haven't read many comics since the early 90's but I'm pretty sure NYC is destroyed or demonically possessed or conquered by Nazi snakes like at least once a year.

It's currently caught in the middle of a Vampires vs Demons war in the Deadpool comic right now.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Monolith is fun but I have high hopes that sisters of magma is going to be 100% the most crazy twitch fun combat in the game if they tune it correctly. It definitely gave me the first real high risk/high reward vibe for playing your character well.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Eiffel On You posted:

Defending the Obelisk from Command & Conquer

There are two things to watch out for. A) The god forsaken Fire Giants, who only take damage in fire. If you get targeted by one (and you'll know with a giant message on your screen), you must lead them to a fire pit and let them take damage there. That is how they die. They explode on death too so get away when they are at a sliver left. The explosion has a good chance to kill you. B) The archers, who attack the NPC. You MUST keep your NPC alive. Trash is trash, but those archers and Fire Giants must be killed asap. Don't even hesitate. Hesitation is for ninnies.

Once the obelisk is repaired, he goes to the next one. There are 6 total, 3 on each side. As they shift over to the next obelisk, GO ATTACK MONOLITH. Once NPC arrives at Obelisk, go back to NPC. Rinse and repeat everything.

Please add that the archers will possibly be off screen if you stand directly on the NPC and as one of the non-AoE guys, Job #1 is sweeping the perimeter for them. Fire giants will go to their marked targets so they are less of a priority... unless you get marked =)

Edit:

quote:

Personal example: 1-3 was Ms. Marvel, 4-5 was Human Torch, 6-8 was Dr. Strange, 9-10 was Black Panther. Boss was 2 Moon Kings, 2 Cables, 1 Iron Man. Floater was Iron Man.

I dont think this is what we did for the successful kill, I was on 9-10, and I think gibby was hulkin out on 6-7 and we had ... frukt? float between boss and 8

quote:

Fire Giants These things spawn randomly and are mega damage, mega hit points. If my signature is up, I can handle it. If not, I ask my floater to come help by killing the Fire Giant and then he/she rotates back to the boss. Fire Giants target YOU. They chase you down until you die. Archers are attacked by the Yellow Mobs. They have good HP too, and when they spawn, if you are a prisoner defender, you KILL ARCHERS FIRST. Always and forever kill archers first.

Additionally, they have a high damage fast casting telegraphed jump that is easily avoided as long as you dont lag and have a finger hovering over a dash/teleport. At least 85% of the time they will spawn simultaneously with archers, so you will probably need to kite them as you kill off the archers.

jubelio fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 20, 2014

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

From a couple pages ago, but here:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, anyone have a Loki build for frost or summoning? I want to finish the last 10 levels on him, used to be sorcery because summoning and frost were awful, now it seems to be the opposite.
Frost Loki-
Permafrost Spikes are your spammy AOE power.
Arcane Binding is another AOE worth maxing; the DOT lasts a lot longer than the immobilize which makes it good damage.
Max his sig.
Max Arcane Shield and Master Sorcerer. 1 point in the illusion passive and frost passive (or dump here).
Winters Breath is his highest dps skill but can be clunky and risky. Max if you want to optimize dps for raid or whatever.
Cold Snap either 1 point or max. I max it and use it on cooldown for full screen burst damage and it also heals you a ton.
I don't invest in any basics, even without a Doom medal I don't have spirit issues.

For gear you want mental or AOE stuff. Loki is hella durable compared to most AOE powerhouses thanks to his Jotun passive, his invis+clone teleport, chilling everything on the screen, missile deflect, etc.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Man I want to be a Marvel Heroes Big Boy with all the other regular cosmic 60's but all that post made me want to do is never play raids. There's two things I absolutely hate in video games and that's boring quicktime events and having to protect helpless NPC's.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

nickhimself posted:

To be honest I'm not sure what's up with Shadowmeld but the heal is literally 1/2 what's displayed. It doesn't seem to matter where I am, it never heals as much as it shows that it should... but 400hp gets you back into the game faster than you'd think.

You could probably point dump this and max something else... he just doesn't have anything else that I want to use.

And yeah, death blow is amazing and totally worth maxing 100%.

dunno if anyone else answered this yet, but, a couple patches ago they changed healing ticks to happen twice a second instead of once a second, so you see half the value of listed regeneration pop up on your dude twice a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

New advanced pack on sale

Bring on the Bad Guys + More!

Mr. Fantastic
Star-Lord
Rogue
Magneto
Venom