Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Dangersim posted:

Where are you guys from that you've never heard the term herb before?

Spain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Your moms kitchen

Idgi :smith:

Fair enough

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Herb herb herb.
I just watched Jr dos Santos v Mark Hunt.Owns.I don't how mark hunt survived that loving overhand right or any of the punches of that fight or that matter.There was very little volume of punches in the fight but they were lobbing cannonballs at each other.And then spinning kick out of nowhere that barely touched the head.

Then velasquez v Bigfoot anticlimatic interlude.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Implying that his momma doesn't know how to properly season his dinner.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lamadrid posted:

Herb herb herb.
I just watched Jr dos Santos v Mark Hunt.Owns.I don't how mark hunt survived that loving overhand right or any of the punches of that fight or that matter.There was very little volume of punches in the fight but they were lobbing cannonballs at each other.And then spinning kick out of nowhere that barely touched the head.

Then velasquez v Bigfoot anticlimatic interlude.

Yeah that fight was insane. Hunt broke his toe in round one which basically killed all his footwork and movement.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
now watch the crescendo Mark Hunt vs Bigfoot Silva

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I've watched hunt/JDS at least 5 times and it gets better every time.

Juniors finger point and storming around the cage after the Ko is such an iconic image for me.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Implying that his momma doesn't know how to properly season his dinner.

My mother is Italian thank you very much

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah that fight was insane. Hunt broke his toe in round one which basically killed all his footwork and movement.

I would love to think that this is what kept Mark Hunt from beating JDS

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

-Atom- posted:

If JDS's chin wasn't so goddamn amazing he would have been in real trouble a few times in the match when Hunt caught him cold against the fence. JDS has the tendency to back straight up into the cage and Hunt was well aware of that and cut him off pretty well while he still could.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

-Atom- posted:

It was and I'll hear nothing of the sort.

Disclaimer that I have an autographed hunt picture on my wall.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Yea hunts strategy was to cut JDS off and unload, but JDS ' footwork was good enough to quickly escape, and the couple times he did catch him junior ate the shots like nothing.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
We are so lucky to have fighters like JDS and Mark Hunt fighting in the same time period we live in. That fight was amazing and I hope they get to fight again because they are so god drat lovable. People don't understand how hard JDS kicks until they go back and watch Mark Hunt fighting Ray Sefo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPjmGNODnP0

If I took any one of those punches I would probably shatter into star dust. Mark Hunt owns.

Does JDS even have any fights planned? I thought he was fighting Cain and then I thought he was fighting Overeem and now Barnett wants to fight him and I can't find any news of who he is fighting next.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Meowbot posted:

We are so lucky to have fighters like JDS and Mark Hunt fighting in the same time period we live in. That fight was amazing and I hope they get to fight again because they are so god drat lovable. People don't understand how hard JDS kicks until they go back and watch Mark Hunt fighting Ray Sefo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPjmGNODnP0

If I took any one of those punches I would probably shatter into star dust. Mark Hunt owns.

Does JDS even have any fights planned? I thought he was fighting Cain and then I thought he was fighting Overeem and now Barnett wants to fight him and I can't find any news of who he is fighting next.

He was going to fight Stipe but got injured or something and instead Stipe knocked out Fabio in like 10 seconds :smith:

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I would imagine Stipe would still be fighting him.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
JDS was scheduled against Stipe Miocic but broke his hand, and last I heard he's going to be out for a while.

Beaten worse than Hunt was against JDS

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 20, 2014

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I knew he pulled out of the Stipe fight and what a drat disaster that turned out to be (Fabio :smith:) but had no idea they had any plans for him. Fighting Stipe still sounds like a cool fight but was thinking if he was out for a while Stipe would be getting another opponent. God drat heavyweight division has such a steep drop off of competition from the top fighters to the rest of the division.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Well I assume they're waiting for him to heal before they schedule him for a fight, but I remember hearing he didn't need surgery so probably not to long to hear something.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Also Jr.Dos Santos is so goddamm goofy and charismatic.Even when he loses.

Bubba Smith posted:

now watch the crescendo Mark Hunt vs Bigfoot Silva

gently caress yes saw that.Mark Hunt is going to suffer terrible in the future but everything he is involved is pure gold.They both traded shots till they were covered in blood.Even the hug in the fifth round was amazing.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

An incomparable bout ends with an incomparable D-Hunt L-Silva result.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Lamadrid posted:

Mark Hunt is going to suffer terrible in the future
If his social media is any indication, the future is now...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hunto is going to beat Nelson and then get horribly wrestled by Cain. :shobon:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Mr. Nice! posted:

and then get horribly wrestled by Cain. :shobon:

that will still be a fun fight to watch in 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lamadrid posted:

Also Jr.Dos Santos is so goddamm goofy and charismatic.Even when he loses.

gently caress yes saw that.Mark Hunt is going to suffer terrible in the future but everything he is involved is pure gold.They both traded shots till they were covered in blood.Even the hug in the fifth round was amazing.

I count getting to be there and watch that fight live as one of the top 10 moments of my life. The crowd was going nuts.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mark Hunt is the prototype for The Terminator, they just ordered the body of a big Australasian instead of Austrian.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I have TJ vs Barao saved and have watched it a few times since it happened... it really is one of my favorite fights of all time.

gently caress it is so awesome watching TJ pick apart Barao.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
barnett is angling for a match with JDS saying that its the fastest way to a title shot

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Solomonic posted:

It's kinda cool that MMDJ is King of Fox Sports Whatever but I wish he'd headlined a better card, I don't want the 'flyweights can't draw' stereotype to get reinforced over and over. :(

holy poo poo "herb" doesn't mean "a black guy"?

I think I've been kind of uncharitable in my assumptions about you guys

It means "a black guy who doesn't act like black guys on the wire" and is a grave insult and not used in a racist manner here lol.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

It means "a black guy who doesn't act like black guys on the wire" and is a grave insult and not used in a racist manner here lol.

Yep, that is why you see so many people here calling Mighty Mouse a herb...

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Jon Jones is a complete oval office and I can't remember people hear using 'herb' to refer to anyone but him. Also I just watched Mark Hunt v Dan Bobish and it looked like Bobish laid on Hunt until he was so tired that when he had to stand up again a faint breeze of wind delivered by the Saitama Arena's air conditioner knocked him over and ended the match. Such humble beginnings for Mr Hunt.

Edit: by a faint breeze I mean Hunt shucked him onto the ground and Bobish was too tired to stand up and got hit. loving lol.

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 20, 2014

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

:rolleyes:

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Literally no one has been racist towards Jon Jones in this thread, ever.

His defenders are feeding into his bad reasoning that he is perfect and people who don't like him are wrong. Really the guy is a doucebag.

There is a reason people love Chael and hate Jones and it has nothing to do with race. Hell, I'm a liberal Hispanic male and I think Chael is awesome and cool IRL where Jones is like a cross between Meisha and Ronda.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jones is nothing like Ronda. About the only thing Jones and Ronda have in common is the belt around their waists.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jones is nothing like Ronda. About the only thing Jones and Ronda have in common is the belt around their waists.

Jon Jones doesn't wear his belt around his neck so I'm not convinced it's above his waist.

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp
it would be easy to dislike jon jones for racist reasons, but he presents the world with easier better reasons

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Gourd of Taste posted:

it would be easy to dislike jon jones for racist reasons, but he presents the world with easier better reasons

Uncle turd

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

So I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but after losing to Bubba McDaniel/renal failure and Josh Samman, noted jiu jitsu rear end in a top hat Kevin Casey has gone 3-0 outside the UFC (including two knockout wins ???) and will return to the promotion, opening the UFC 175 Fight Pass prelims against some other man inexplicably named Bubba.

Also Faber Casares is headlining the undercard, beneath main card opener Marcus Brimage. What a world we live in.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
I am sure this isn't at all relevant here: http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-average-male-4000-less-effective-in-fights,36321/

quote:

Contradicting the long-held belief that they would just go off and destroy anyone who tried to mess with them, a Department of Health and Human Services report published Thursday revealed that U.S. males would be on average 4,000 percent less effective in a fight than they imagine. “Despite the typical American male’s conviction that he would viciously beat down anyone who came at him and end the whole thing with one punch, we found that in the event of an actual violent altercation, most adult men would almost certainly injure themselves far worse than any assailant,” read the 80-page report, which went on to confirm that nearly all American males would be unable to execute a single maneuver they envision themselves capable of performing, be it an uppercut, a roundhouse, or grabbing an opponent by the back of the neck and smashing his face down into the bar.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bluedeanie posted:

Also Faber Casares is headlining the undercard, beneath main card opener Marcus Brimage. What a world we live in.

The UFC/FOX Sports seem to be adamant that the prelims need to have a "main event" so you get things like this, but like you mentioned the first two bouts on the pay-per-view are Uriah Hall vs. Thiago Santos and Marcus Brimage vs. Russell Doane.

I mean, what the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

DumbWhiteGuy, please add The Onion to the list of credible news sites

• Locked thread