Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009
Checked out the website of the lady I got Angel from, saw that one of the dogs seized from the same home is still available. She's listed as a pug mix, about 9 pounds. Chihuahua/pug, maybe?

She looks a lot better than when I saw her, like she's filled out and is happier. Hope she gets adopted up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Double Plus Good posted:

She looks a lot better than when I saw her, like she's filled out and is happier. Hope she gets adopted up soon.

She's fatfatfat. "Filled out" indeed. But she does look happy!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Double Plus Good posted:

Checked out the website of the lady I got Angel from, saw that one of the dogs seized from the same home is still available. She's listed as a pug mix, about 9 pounds. Chihuahua/pug, maybe?

Yup, it definitely looks like a Chipug.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

a life less posted:

She's fatfatfat. "Filled out" indeed. But she does look happy!

Ha, true. The last time I saw her she was pretty malnourished and listless, so seeing her chubby doesn't bother me too much. Wish I could find her old photo, it basically looked like a mugshot. These are much, much better.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

This is a terrible picture, because it's the most unphotogenic dog ever.

It's a Labrador/Bulldog mix, and it has no neck. Just a dog head on a body, obscured by lifejacket.

And here's fellow goon Gnarlyhotep's rad Border Collie/German Shepherd mix, Sailor.

He is a Good Dog. :3:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Now tell him to please stop shaving his good dog.

govtrust
Apr 29, 2008

My Pit/Corgi? Mix. She has an extremely long tongue.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

govtrust fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 9, 2014

nildrohain454
Nov 17, 2006

Conk-a-reeeee!!!
Just took in a new dog. My dad was debating it for while, then he got told by the people looking after him that if he didn't take him, he was going to have to go to the humane society. So my dad, being the big dog softie that he is, brought him home. Everybody, meet Zeus!

On the picture you can definitely see the boxer in his face. We think he may crossed with some kind of spaniel, springer maybe?

I love his little spots. They're so faint, like it's his skin that's spotted and he just has white fur over top.

They probably named him Zeus cause to anyone else he would be a pretty big dog (40-50 lbs maybe?), but next to our dane Mason he just looks like a bitty baby. :3:

Mason's in the foreground for those last two, but here they're almost right next to each other. (Also, the first picture I took of Zeus.)

He's always smiling and wagging his tail, and loves to play. We're having to get used to his energy level, since Mason is getting to be an old man for a dane (5-6 years old) and doesn't always want to play all the time. Zeus ponks at him a lot to try and get his attention, and Mason has figured out he can just step on him to push him down.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
He looks to me like maybe a boxer/coonhound or foxhound cross.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Looks like a pitador to me

govtrust
Apr 29, 2008

pizzadog posted:

Looks like a pitador to me

Thanks!

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
My gloriously freightened Shepard/Retriever mix. 90lbs of "WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT BEEPING NOISE?!"

Which is why he's in my wife's lap. Smoke detector on TV going off.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

nildrohain454 posted:

Just took in a new dog. My dad was debating it for while, then he got told by the people looking after him that if he didn't take him, he was going to have to go to the humane society. So my dad, being the big dog softie that he is, brought him home. Everybody, meet Zeus!

Looks like a boxer/pit mix to me. I've seen plenty of pits with that coloration/marking on the body and the face looks very boxer while the mouth looks pit.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

This is one of the dogs I'm currently fostering who I also believe is a pitador. He weighs like 50 lbs, he's long-legged, jumpy and kissy, sheds white fluff like a mofo and has spots too:

My other foster seems to be a boxer mix or an american bulldog mix, she's very short and her tail keeps bleeding openly/tip dying because she wags it so hard, I feed her so much but she cannot put weight on over her weird bony ribcage and weighs about 45 lbs:

But I'd welcome any opinions. They both think they're lap dogs.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Can you identify this adorable animal? I've been told that he is a blue heeler/lab mix, and I regard that as a lie because I am a distrustful person.

When he is sleeping is the best time to take photos, as he thinks my phone is either food or a chew toy. It is neither.

The best video opportunities are when he is chewing his shoe or chasing his own tail.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

It's super hard to assess breeds when dogs are puppies. Calling it a heeler/lab mix isn't a bad idea. Though, "heeler" "lab" "pit" and "shepherd" are about the most generic labels you can give dogs so they get tossed around a lot with Heinz 57 types.

Dust Radio
Feb 13, 2012

This guy was found running around on the freeway.

Probably too puppyish for an accurate guess, but I'm thinking he looks a drat lot like a Dutch Shepherd (if not GSD/pitbull).

edit:one more :3:

Dust Radio fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 10, 2014

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

God help you if it's a Dutchie. As puppies they tend to have a shepherdy face, and your find looks a bit more houndy. So... that's good. :)

Dust Radio
Feb 13, 2012

a life less posted:

God help you if it's a Dutchie. As puppies they tend to have a shepherdy face, and your find looks a bit more houndy. So... that's good. :)

Uh oh. Guess I'm off to look up Dutch Shepherds, then...

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Mail me those puppies and I will tell you what breed they are. Returns not guaranteed.

But they look like a lab (/pit?) mix and a shepherd mix to me (he actually looks a lot like my Taiwanese mix did as a pup) , it will be much easier to tell in a few months - puppies all look really similar so young.

Dust Radio
Feb 13, 2012

pizzadog posted:

Mail me those puppies and I will tell you what breed they are. Returns not guaranteed.

But they look like a lab (/pit?) mix and a shepherd mix to me (he actually looks a lot like my Taiwanese mix did as a pup) , it will be much easier to tell in a few months - puppies all look really similar so young.

At whom was this directed?

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Dust Radio posted:

At whom was this directed?

Both posts above, in order. For your dog I meant he looks some some shepherd mix, sorry if that wasn't clear. This is what some Taiwanese dogs look like, he looks a lot like the brindle ones http://www.sweethomerescue.org/

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 10, 2014

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Dust Radio posted:

This guy was found running around on the freeway.

Probably too puppyish for an accurate guess, but I'm thinking he looks a drat lot like a Dutch Shepherd (if not GSD/pitbull).

edit:one more :3:

I'm involved in an animal cruelty case with a Dutch Shepherd puppy (not as the abuser!). Your puppy is absolutely gorgeous but I don't see dutch. They aren't fluffy as puppies like that, they have coats more like Belgian Malinois, flatter and harder. And while you might occasionally see a little white on them it's a fault and since the little buggers are so rare the people breeding them probably (hopefully) wouldn't breed any parents with white. His nose shape is wrong too like a life less said. They have very roman noses. Oh and edit because while they are supposed to be mostly brindle they should have a black mask like a GSD.

The true test would be has he eaten through a wall, ran around your house dragging half a carpet, uprooted several trees, and somehow ended up perched on the top of the refrigerator?

Dust Radio
Feb 13, 2012

Haha, not yet. He has tried to eat off the corner of the rug, and he's working on destroying the couch (from he bottom up), the computer cords, and he only ate a quarter of the wicker table. Okay, he didn't eat it, just chewed the poo poo out of it, but Goddamn he wanted to.

So if I find him on the 'fridge, I'll know? :xd:

edited to add:

quote:

since the little buggers are so rare the people breeding them probably (hopefully) wouldn't breed any parents with white.

There's a Dutch Shepherd breeder about 40 miles from me, and judging by the puppy pics on their page, they have a lot of pups with white on their chests. Like a lot, a lot. And they want two grand for a puppy. :wtc:

Dust Radio fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 13, 2014

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Dust Radio posted:

Haha, not yet. He has tried to eat off the corner of the rug, and he's working on destroying the couch (from he bottom up), the computer cords, and he only ate a quarter of the wicker table. Okay, he didn't eat it, just chewed the poo poo out of it, but Goddamn he wanted to.

So if I find him on he 'fridge, I'll know? :xd:

edited to add:

Only if he is ripping/running,on the counters about 15 hours a day until he collapses from exhaustion :haw: Oh and he should make a high pitched screeching noise whenever he is bored and can't rip stuff up

quote:

There's a Dutch Shepherd breeder about 40 miles from me, and judging by the puppy pics on their page, they have a lot of pups with white on their chests. Like a lot, a lot. And they want two grand for a puppy. :wtc:

Uuuugh see that's terrible. I like them well enough but they are not pet dogs in my opinion, not anymore than canadian eskimo dogs. The last thing this breed needs is to become popular because I would say about 95% of the dog owning population couldn't handle them. Anything more than very small accents on the toes would be a disqualifying fault and wouldn't be bred by someone who was an actual member of the Dutch Shepherd Dog Club of America. So if they are disregarding that what else are they disregarding

I have a lot of angry opinions about people breeding high drive dogs irresponsibly :argh:

Whiirrr
Feb 14, 2006

Soiled Meat
A dog showed up in my yard about a week ago and I'm not a dog person at all and was hoping someone could tell me a bit about this dog:

Any idea on age/breed/anything?

Whiirrr fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 13, 2014

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Whiirrr posted:

Looks like a chi/spaniel mutt. No clue on age - most shelters make an age estimate looking at the wear on their teeth, since it's not easy to gauge other than puppy/not puppy from outside appearances.

Dust Radio
Feb 13, 2012

Queen Elizatits posted:

Uuuugh see that's terrible. I like them well enough but they are not pet dogs in my opinion, not anymore than canadian eskimo dogs. The last thing this breed needs is to become popular because I would say about 95% of the dog owning population couldn't handle them. Anything more than very small accents on the toes would be a disqualifying fault and wouldn't be bred by someone who was an actual member of the Dutch Shepherd Dog Club of America. So if they are disregarding that what else are they disregarding

I have a lot of angry opinions about people breeding high drive dogs irresponsibly :argh:

It's also part of their contract that they won't honor health guarantees if the dogs are altered before 14 months of age.

WTF?

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Any ideas what this girl is? I know hard to tell cuz she's a puppy but I'm just curious - my sister's new pup, Ivy:

She's only a few months old, likes to dig, crunchy things, eating dirt etc.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Whiirrr posted:

A dog showed up in my yard about a week ago and I'm not a dog person at all and was hoping someone could tell me a bit about this dog:

Kinda looks like a Sheltie/Chihuahua mix I've met. Dog had a good personality for a little dog.

Captain Dilly
Sep 29, 2003
I'm curious to see what you guys think of my three year old fella, Hank. I just adopted him a couple of months ago.
People always stop me in the streets to ask and everybody, of course, has a guess. Myself included--my thoughts on his breed have changed a bunch of times. Anyways, take a stab. (I know nothing of his background, he was a stray)

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
I'd guess Brindle coat Staffie, and Cardigan Corgie mix. That's a toughie to identify though.

Big Head Rico
Oct 9, 2012

Adopted this guy about a month ago from a local rescue. The previous owners gave him up due to one of their parents having allergies. His mom was a dapple dachshund. No clue what dad was. Maybe a blue heeler?

I need to get some better pictures when he's feeling more playful. He's not emo all the time as the pictures may suggest.

Big Head Rico fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 21, 2014

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Okay so this incredibly :downs: dog got posted on reddit

The guy says it's a papillon mix, any idea what the other breed might be? This is the cutest dog I've ever seen.

Here's a video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=480220012112032

I just can't get over how cute this dog is. :3:

Edit: maybe papillon/yorkie?

the kawaiiest fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 21, 2014

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Big Head Rico posted:

Adopted this guy about a month ago from a local rescue.
This little guy is awesome and so are you.

Drofnats
Oct 2, 2013

Have you accepted Jameis Christ as your Lord and Savior?
This is Petey.

I got him a few days ago from a work friend and he says that the mom was blue heeler, but he was unsure about his dad. His ears stay up like that most of the time, he's very mild tempered, and unbelievably smart for an 11 week old puppy. He already goes to the door when he wants to go out and goes right into his kennel when it's bed time.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Drofnats posted:

This is Petey.

I got him a few days ago from a work friend and he says that the mom was blue heeler, but he was unsure about his dad. His ears stay up like that most of the time, he's very mild tempered, and unbelievably smart for an 11 week old puppy. He already goes to the door when he wants to go out and goes right into his kennel when it's bed time.

Oh my god I love him. Bets on pit mix with that face.

Dust Radio
Feb 13, 2012

a life less posted:

Judging by pics I've seen of DS pups, his Chewbacca noises, periods of pure insanity, and the fact that his coat is coarse and not fluffy, I think he's at least a DS mix. God help us.

His ears are beginning to stand up.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Drofnats posted:

This is Petey.

I really don't see any acd/heeler in him, and I usually see cattledogs everywhere. Also mild tempered is not a phrase I have ever heard describe an acd puppy. Does he have freckles anywhere other than his belly?

It's really hard to guess when they're just pups though. Maybe some sort of border collie mix? Does your work friend have any pictures of mom/siblings?

He's super duper cute whatever he is :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I haven't posted pictures in awhile so here's a set of mostly lazy-dog pictures of my Catahoula/Bull Terrier/Other Dogs named Snoop.