Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
So how is Psylocke as a character? I think I've only ever heard anyone mention the poor quality of her voice acting, which fits what I've been exposed to in–game but doesn't say much about whether she's any fun to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

MMAgCh posted:

So how is Psylocke as a character? I think I've only ever heard anyone mention the poor quality of her voice acting, which fits what I've been exposed to in–game but doesn't say much about whether she's any fun to play.

If you have lots of any hero uniques she can be solidly mediocre

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
holy poo poo I played that "board dash" build for an hour and I want to throw up. How do you avoid getting insanely dizzy?

and btw, the supernova + death from below combo is awesome. what an incredible AoE clear

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MMAgCh posted:

Psylocke's cool. She hops around a lot, shoots butterflies and never runs out of mana. If you like bunny-hopping ninjas, you'll love her.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Yo goons, I think you might be able to re-bind your scroll wheel to some powers or whatever by changing the following in MarvelInputUserSettings.ini:

-Bindings=(Name="MouseScrollUp",Command="CameraZoomIndexIn",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
-Bindings=(Name="MouseScrollDown",Command="CameraZoomIndexOut",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
.Bindings=(Name="MouseScrollUp",Command="CameraZoomIndexIn",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
.Bindings=(Name="MouseScrollDown",Command="CameraZoomIndexOut",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

For those of you who want some more hotkeys. I currently use my scrollwheel for powers but I've remapped the scrollwheel function to different keyboard keys with my Razer mouse software when playing MH. Might stop doing that and try this since it's a pain in the rear end to not scroll when alt-tabbed.

fyi you don't need to add the -Bindings to the config. Just .Bindings and put them at the end of the file.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

I finished my surfing today. I took the competition as a challenge to try and come up with something different rather than just variations on the 'accepted build', so here is a build I have affectionately dubbed "retard board". There's none of this lame laser poo poo going on, or even pretend surfing but secretly just firing lasers. It's 100% board, 100% pushing buttons, melee tank and spanks.

Here's how it works - you fukken teleport through the world (Death From Below), then whale your board around like an idiot (Board Sweep) - now your poo poo is on cooldown :(. Press Supernova because it's there, then spam Subspace Slipstream at whatever's around until DFB or BS come off cooldown then press that button. Just keep pushing cooldowns and filling the boring downtime in by teleporting your surfboard at supervillain faces. Throw out your signature if you feel you need to, but in the meantime this build does nothing but poo poo out area damage as fast as you can press the buttons.
Until I got Polarity Field up in levels my Power Cosmic was pretty spiky and I'd have times where I didn't have any, but your only actual spenders are DFB, Slipstream, and Event Horizon. All your other poo poo is free, plus Slipstream refunds half its cost if you're capable of pointing it at any enemy.

Max: Power Unconquered, Supernova, Board Sweep, Subspace Slipstream, Death from Below, Polarity Field.
1 Point: Hyperspace Sidestep, Cosmic Resonance, Event Horizon

As you can see, I've 1 pointed Soar, and Temporal Recall because I like travel powers and I'm loving poo poo at the game and need two rezzes. I maxed Comet Tail because I'm often twitching around in the middle of packs so I figure it might contribute a little, and dumped into Event Horizon because it's pretty good and there's no better options, but it has a cast animation that isn't surfboard related. I'm also getting 17 ranks of Flux from an item, but there's no room left on my bar and lasers are for losers.

I ended up really liking this way of playing compared to the Flux build I was initially using, and I think I will slate SS for gearing - I haven't figured out what legendary to get him though, and I kind of just slapped River of the Soul on his uru because nothing else seemed to be any better and at the time I was having Power issues, although I'm now at 31% movement cost reduction so some extra DPS would be good.

This is almost exactly the build I'm using. I've noticed that subspace slipstream doesn't take away from the cooldown on Board Sweep and Death from Below though, even though it's tagged as movement.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Jedit posted:

Has anyone else had problems with the Nickel Nudist sticking in his dash animation for a second or so? I've been repeatedly killed because of it, as you can't trigger medkits or any skills while you're stuck like that.

Also, if you fail to kill a Doop (which you will, because SS's single target damage is the worst in the game by lightyears) and are channelling Flux at it when it teleports out, you will get stuck in the Flux animation until you try moving.

The thing about doop is that when he starts to teleport away you get a chance to interrupt him every time you hit him, except that channeled abilities only have this chance on the first hit. This makes EMF kinda poor for killing doops, as they will get away frequently.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
Is the build from this thread still the best for Cyclops or is there something better? I'm just want to painlessly get him to 50 and I know it's gonna suck.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ghostlight posted:

I kind of just slapped River of the Soul on his uru because nothing else seemed to be any better and at the time I was having Power issues

Which is why you put Unstoppable Force on his Uru. DR for Movement powers and 2% cost reduction for everything is immeasurably better than a negligible amount of PC.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Jedit posted:

Which is why you put Unstoppable Force on his Uru. DR for Movement powers and 2% cost reduction for everything is immeasurably better than a negligible amount of PC.

not to mention 200 cr and TWO THOUSAND cdr that will be on all the time when you are movement spamming

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

not to mention 200 cr and TWO THOUSAND cdr that will be on all the time when you are movement spamming

Gibby or anybody, what's max roll on Advanced Bannertech? My phone isn't pulling up a user friendly MHCompendium.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Jedit posted:

Rots has a 6% power cost reduction instead of 2 on UF. The little bit of DR is ok, and the crit is certainly nice, but rots is a solid cheap leveling RW.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Eiffel On You posted:

Gibby or anybody, what's max roll on Advanced Bannertech? My phone isn't pulling up a user friendly MHCompendium.

Spreadsheet says 529 phys. DR.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Spreadsheet says 529 phys. DR.

Of course, it is physical! Thanks.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
How do i get the unstoppable force recipe?

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

malhavok posted:

Rare drop from red/cosmic juggs

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

malhavok posted:

Enter the SS competition and win one! (Or maybe two, I have another I may just throw in). :). You know I had to shill it out again.

Edit: does anybody want to donate some extra Unstoppable Force recipes to the challenge? I'll throw my 2 in since they're highly appropriate for SS. Please let me know if you have an extra you don't mind parting with goons.

ICR fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 21, 2014

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Eiffel On You posted:

Enter the SS competition and win one! (Or maybe two, I have another I may just throw in). :). You know I had to shill it out again.

Edit: does anybody want to donate some extra Unstoppable Force recipes to the challenge? I'll throw my 2 in since they're highly appropriate for SS. Please let me know if you have an extra you don't mind parting with goons.

Server just crapped out with me one bubble from 60 :(

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Eiffel On You posted:

I can donate 7 Vices. :gonk:

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Contest Entry:

My points are a mess because I just wanted to try a few things that ended up not working out right. I figure SS will get a free retcon this week with whatever changes they make to him, so I just left it as is for now.

Typically I'd just fly into a giant pack, event horizon + subspace rift + e.flux any elites. I wasn't really feeling Supernova as an attack and couldn't decide which of the toggles I wanted.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

of course I already gave out my extra uforce recipes, oh well maybe i'll run into another before the contest is over

and yeah bannertech would have been perfect if it wasnt phys dr

I'm thinking my arti set will be kung-fu, idol, danger chip, black tom's

go almost all in on damage and see if he can hold out in cosmics.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
contest entry:

Using the board dash build with repulse as my single target damage. It might now be as effective as other options but by god is repulse fun and satisfying to use. Supernova easily keeps you full of cosmic power as long as you remember to use it, and while it has a cast time it doesn't prevent you from doing other moves while its casting. This is the most effective and most fun hero Gaz has released in a long time, highly recommended.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

of course I already gave out my extra uforce recipes, oh well maybe i'll run into another before the contest is over

and yeah bannertech would have been perfect if it wasnt phys dr

I'm thinking my arti set will be kung-fu, idol, danger chip, black tom's

go almost all in on damage and see if he can hold out in cosmics.

I had to swap out Uforce for Viking vitality, and also equipped an adv kung full, he does ok. His slot 2 unique despite being pretty uninspired does offer some survivability, God I wish I could just put doc oc arms there.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Ajax posted:

I had to swap out Uforce for Viking vitality, and also equipped an adv kung full, he does ok. His slot 2 unique despite being pretty uninspired does offer some survivability, God I wish I could just put doc oc arms there.

yeah in my tc vid I was using kung, wsj, idol and starstone with ancient grove rword. I didn't have a medkit core or any affixes on costume though so I had to go a little further with artifact defense.

doc oc or nate grey's would be ideal for slot 2

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This damage seems very low for a 20 but maybe I'm wrong.

But MAN 30 SECS INVULNERABLE WOOOOOO

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

hah nice. 30s of uninterrupted em flux should deal well with any boss

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

As someone just starting the game, are any of the steam packs on sale worth it for starting off?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Comrade Flynn posted:

As someone just starting the game, are any of the steam packs on sale worth it for starting off?

With Marvel Heroes it all comes down to what you want to play. All of the hero packs are a better value than buying the things individually in the store but the question is do you like Hawkeye or Wolverine enough to pay for the handful of costumes and hero specific stash you get in the pack?* As all heroes can be unlocked through eternity splinter drops ingame, most would say roll the dice on some random hero boxes and see what you get from there.

That said, all of the heroes that come in the Avengers Assemble team pack are good (or will be after their level 52 review) and $30 for everything you get in it is a steal.

* Don't buy Wolferine or Hawkguy hero packs

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Comrade Flynn posted:

I think Loki, Wolferine and Spoder-Man are awesome.

That X-Force Pack is great value too. Like, really good value.

Also, since you're new, if you ever have questions and want honest suggestions, please reach out. I'm ICR in game and I eat, breathe and sleep this game.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Arrgytehpirate posted:

If you have lots of any hero uniques she can be solidly mediocre

Irish Joe posted:

Psylocke's cool. She hops around a lot, shoots butterflies and never runs out of mana. If you like bunny-hopping ninjas, you'll love her.
Oh god I don't know what to think. Maybe I should go for a more universally acclaimed hero instead. :ohdear:

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!

Had a great time playing this guy. Well worth the 400 splinters. Way I played him was EM flux on mouse1 and supernova on mouse2, max death from below, EM flux, power unconquered, supernova, event horizon and polarity field. 1 pointers in temporal recall and subspace slipstream because I like having a teleport. Didn't use the deconstruct/ reconstruct mechanic at all as supernova made it pointless.

Also got 300 omegas so here's a really tiny Nightcrawler.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Eiffel On You posted:

Also, since you're new, if you ever have questions and want honest suggestions, please reach out. I'm ICR in game and I eat, breathe and sleep this game.

Don't talk to this guy in game or you'll suddenly find yourself running through a new prestige every week.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Eiffel On You posted:

I bought Hawkeye because of this guy. Now I have to cosmic him. Confirmed shitter.

(p.s. ICR is pretty cool and deals with my dumb questions all day so yeah listen to him.)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pindakaas posted:

Had a great time playing this guy. Well worth the 400 splinters. Way I played him was EM flux on mouse1 and supernova on mouse2, max death from below, EM flux, power unconquered, supernova, event horizon and polarity field. 1 pointers in temporal recall and subspace slipstream because I like having a teleport. Didn't use the deconstruct/ reconstruct mechanic at all as supernova made it pointless.

Also got 300 omegas so here's a really tiny Nightcrawler.

Hahahaha at that tiny NC. Amazing.

And yes, I'll make ya prestige everybody and be totally obnoxious about guys like Hawkeye and Haifu Human Terlit.

Baby Wolferine though, is godly.

edit: Bearforce, CAUGHT IN THE ACT! I hope your Thor gets Storm's voicework for his 52 review.

ICR fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 21, 2014

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

hah nice. 30s of uninterrupted em flux should deal well with any boss

Sadly it doesn't make you CC immune (unless it was changed) so it's still pretty easy to flub EF.

I love everything about SS and the movement build except for single target boss damage. EF is ok but very easy to reset the charge on and demands you stand still. Repulse does a lot of damage but I hate the movement on it. Wall jamming with Repulse seems ok I guess.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ It doesn't even make you invulnerable. I've sat there and watched my health tick down a few hundred from something before resetting to full. I never got hit by Juggs or Rhino so I don't know if instagibs will kill you, but it's possible.

And thank gently caress that's done, because I hated it. Dropped some relatively decent gear on him anyway in case he ever gets fixed, but I doubt I'll ever touch him again.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 21, 2014

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What's the common complaint about SS? I mean, he has top tier DPS, solid survivability, a badass ult, and great visuals. What's he missing?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Toshimo posted:

What's the common complaint about SS? I mean, he has top tier DPS, solid survivability, a badass ult, and great visuals. What's he missing?

Pants.

Iron Chef Nex
Jan 20, 2005
Serving up a hot buttered stabbing

Toshimo posted:

Pants.

^^^ one second!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Maybe he can borrow a pair from Hulk, who somehow successfully wears them in 2 slots at the same time.

• Locked thread