Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Ghostpilot posted:

Last night, after a few recommendations I've decided to pick this up. I've been rolling with Luke Cage for now (level 17) but I've been looking for something with some more depth.

I was wondering how the characters I was considering stacked up:

Nightcrawler
Taskmaster
Captain America
Moon Knight
Storm
Emma Frost

I didn't want to inadvertantly shoot myself in the foot out of the desire for something different. Could anyone let me know how these characters stack up in the grand scheme of things?

If you want a hero that costs 200splinters, just save up the splinters. I don't own Storm but Taskmaster is unquestionably worth 200 splinters. I don't think there's a single person that would argue that he isn't.

edit: Oh yeah Storm is either getting a rework soon or just got a rework, I haven't been following it.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Taskmaster is baller as gently caress.

Storm is the most loving boring hero (for me, keep in mind I like Jean a whole lot) I've played in this game and I wish I hadn't taken her as my starter. Or that I started after they revamped the starting hero choices.

For me it's a combination of boring visuals, her voice acting and finding her gameplay/abilities uninteresting.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Jedit posted:

When I tried using it to skip the droid factory in Castle Doom I appeared next to the wall in the section I started from. There's no way I misclicked, so either it's not a teleport or it's bugged to fuckery.

I did that exact teleport a couple of times yesterday. You must have been starting from the wrong corner.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If you want a hero that costs 200splinters, just save up the splinters. I don't own Storm but Taskmaster is unquestionably worth 200 splinters. I don't think there's a single person that would argue that he isn't.

Taskmaster is poo poo and terrible at being poo poo and terrible, buy him already.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I know that. Legion Arrow also fires slow as gently caress and takes spirit to use. I know it seems weird to take a basic for your single target but try it. The only way I can see Legion Arrow outperforming Dual Wield is in a situation where there are no other enemies except for the one single boss, that boss is standing still, and you use no other powers. I'm not level 60 yet (around level 50) but I have tried both Dual Wield and Legion Arrow out and Dual Wield won out.

I have to agree with this. The fact that it doesn't use spirit is really important for me since I charge all over vying for a better position. That mobility is worth the 4% boss damage, in my opinion.

It is super fun to charge through Hulk when he is attempting to smash and shooting him in the back, rinse and repeat. I don't think I could hold a pattern like that with something draining spirit.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Eiffel On You posted:

No Bull, Just the Beef: Building Hawkeye to be Stronger than Katness Everdeen

What medaillon is best for Hawkette? And what Omega Powers do you recommend for her?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Bought a random with splinters and got Doctor Strange. :woop:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I know it seems weird to take a basic for your single target but try it.

I am the guy who recommended using Dual Wield over Legion Arrow pre-raid-patch because Dual Wield had more or less the same damage at no spirit cost, so I know how DW performs on single targets. Now that Legion Arrow deals +40% damage instead of base damage, there is a significant damage difference between the two and you are losing out on serious amounts of damage if you use DW over Legion Arrow on bosses.

If you're building a ranged Taskmaster, you're not spending your spirit on anything else anyway other than refreshing NGA/Spider Web/maybe Rebounding every 5s, so you should be spending all your spirit on Legion Arrow. You also max DW for when you're out of spirit.

If you're not building a ranged Taskmaster (i.e. you're Chargemaster or melee Taskmaster), you have other options for single-target.

e; sion, please update the link to my Taskmaster post in the build post to this one, thanks: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639998&pagenumber=22&perpage=40#post430652614

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 22, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

If you're building a ranged Taskmaster, you're not spending your spirit on anything else anyway other than refreshing NGA/Spider Web/maybe Rebounding every 5s, so you should be spending all your spirit on Legion Arrow. You also max DW for when you're out of spirit.

e; sion, please update the link to my Taskmaster post in the build post to this one, thanks: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639998&pagenumber=22&perpage=40#post430652614

I built my ranged TM off your guide and I maxed rebounding shield. Even with the increased points, can't max DW without dropping something else. Do you suggest maxing Dual Wield over shield?

e: Man, I really want some AMA so I can never cast web again. What are they worth on the market, anyone know?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 22, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Lemon Curdistan posted:

If you're not building a ranged Taskmaster (i.e. you're Chargemaster or melee Taskmaster)

I'm all three :getin:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BabyFur Denny posted:

What medaillon is best for Hawkette? And what Omega Powers do you recommend for her?

Oh good eye. Sorry I'll update the post.

Magneto Medallion (-%Spirit and Physical Damage OR Juggernaut/Green Goblin to make up for lost health in Slot 2)

Omega, I haven't dug deep but Hawkeye inherits some massive crit and brutal already so I dumped everything in Melt Face for 27/30 at the time, which I believe was +1,720 Brutal Damage Rating :getin: I do some major brutal damage with this.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Two questions:

1. Which medallion gives the most +Spirit? So far, the largest amount I've found is on the Living Laser Medallion, which is something like 120 at lvl 50. I'm asking because I'm going for a max-spirit max-arc reactor Ironing Man, and so far it's paying off pretty drat well. (+2000~ DR? Don't mind if I do!)

2. Assuming Living Laser is the best +Spirit medallion, what's the best way to get a cosmic? The only thing I could think of was running Cosmic Doom over and over, and hoping LL is one of the three minibosses, but man that's a slog.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Living laser can only spawn as the first boss i believe so its much less of a slog.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
The new Sabertooth medallion is also pretty nice on Hawkeye. You can get about the same HP as Goblin, a bunch of physical defense, and just under 600 DR against bleeding on a good roll. The whole point of Hawkeye is to make everything bleed all the time, you'll be getting the bonus on basically every shot after the first.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Eiffel On You posted:

Oh good eye. Sorry I'll update the post.

Magneto Medallion (-%Spirit and Physical Damage OR Juggernaut/Green Goblin to make up for lost health in Slot 2)

Omega, I haven't dug deep but Hawkeye inherits some massive crit and brutal already so I dumped everything in Melt Face for 27/30 at the time, which I believe was +1,720 Brutal Damage Rating :getin: I do some major brutal damage with this.

Why not guilt suppression? spirit on kill and brutal rating seem right up his alley.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Hawkeye is bottom tier, not enough brutes and crits.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if the cake event ends today?

Also, I've been having problems with my iron dude while leveling. Is there an item or somethung that can fix his spirit issues or can you only do that when you reach end game?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Does Loki's Lay Waste skill only do the bonus damage if the target is actually affected by the proper status (so no extra damage to bosses due to dr)?

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Blue nudie dude reporting in.

I choose to forego electromagnetic flux. Instead I used a rotation of supernova -> dfb + board sweep -> dash until dfb was off cooldown. I don't have all the story mission points but when I do I'll max out board sweep.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Grim Reaper medallion is a solid choice for Hawkeye.

Tsurupettan posted:

e: Man, I really want some AMA so I can never cast web again. What are they worth on the market, anyone know?

Uniques are untradeable.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
There aren't any Wolverine builds in Sion's build post, does anyone (ICR: I only have one PSS so sorry in advance) have one they recommend since his rework? I've had a look at this build post from the forums but Wolverine is very different to the heroes that I have already played, so I have no idea if it is any good:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...ted-for-mh-2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Nightcrawler is very fun but requires you to be good at dodging boss attacks, otherwise he's a bit of a glass cannon.

Taskmaster is probably the best 200es hero in the game in terms of build variety and entertaining voice lines.

Captain America is a solid tanky melee dude with shield throws.

Moon Knight is a very good melee DPS dude - one of the strongest characters in the game.

Storm was the queen of AoE for a long time, but got hit with nerfs over the last few months. Her 52 review is due next week, so no one knows if that's going to work out or not. She's still fairly fun to level but if you're considering getting her, wait until we see how her review goes.

Emma Frost is okay, but she's somewhat boring and basically only has one build.

Keep in mind "solid tanky" in this game means he crumples in a second in Xdef or against Midtown bosses until you're 60 with a bunch of gear, so don't get too discouraged.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

DrOgreface posted:

Grim Reaper medallion is a solid choice for Hawkeye.

Uniques are untradeable.

Oh right, I forgot about that. :negative: For some reason I thought it was only uniques from cakes/boxes/etc., not dropped ones.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Tsurupettan posted:

FWIW I just don't use web spray anyway. NGA, Shield Toss, charge around like a motherfucker, and then pull out the .45 Caliber.

Fake Edit: The +Brute Rating on .45 Caliber is loving baller if you're already building for crits/bruts. I think mine is something like +917 and I get near 100k brutals on a BASIC power. :smug:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

I built my ranged TM off your guide and I maxed rebounding shield. Even with the increased points, can't max DW without dropping something else. Do you suggest maxing Dual Wield over shield?

I don't really like Rebounding - the casting animation on it is a bit slow, and I'd rather just Legion Arrow some more against bosses. You can take both Rebounding and Dual Wield and just not max Flawless Emulation if you want, since the bonuses it provides aren't huge (or Action! because of the long cooldown).

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Nightcrawler is very fun but requires you to be good at dodging boss attacks, otherwise he's a bit of a glass cannon.

Taskmaster is probably the best 200es hero in the game in terms of build variety and entertaining voice lines.

Moon Knight is a very good melee DPS dude - one of the strongest characters in the game.

Storm was the queen of AoE for a long time, but got hit with nerfs over the last few months. Her 52 review is due next week, so no one knows if that's going to work out or not. She's still fairly fun to level but if you're considering getting her, wait until we see how her review goes.

Emma Frost is okay, but she's somewhat boring and basically only has one build.

Just what I was looking for; thanks! I'm at 140 splinters at the moment, so I'll save those for Taskmaster and then use some of the 250g I received for hitting level 15 towards Nightcrawler.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I don't really like Rebounding - the casting animation on it is a bit slow, and I'd rather just Legion Arrow some more against bosses. You can take both Rebounding and Dual Wield and just not max Flawless Emulation if you want, since the bonuses it provides aren't huge (or Action! because of the long cooldown).

Honestly, I don't even use Rebounding shield on solo bosses as it is. I use it if the boss summons buddies, but otherwise I maintain web/nerve gas and spam legion arrow. So yeah, dropping rebounding to 1 would increase my boss damage significantly.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Metalshark posted:

There aren't any Wolverine builds in Sion's build post, does anyone (ICR: I only have one PSS so sorry in advance) have one they recommend since his rework? I've had a look at this build post from the forums but Wolverine is very different to the heroes that I have already played, so I have no idea if it is any good:

That's the right build and he has some good gearing discussion.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
just got mine to 60, ill admit his gear is a bit of a mess. in game: Myrra

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Samara fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 22, 2014

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I don't really agree with how people say cap is tanky, hes like in the same vein as the nimble squishy guys like DD/BP/SM. Granted hes got that active damage reduction going on.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Samara posted:

just got mine to 60, ill admit his gear is a bit of a mess.

Samara, edit your post with your in game name so I can add you to the entrants please!

Edit: Also jumpy, contact somebody like nickhimself, super nice guy who may have an extra PSS to give you. It is essential to make your Wolferine as baby as possible.

2nd Edit: seconding Pwrhouse's Wolferine build that was linked above. That guy raids and wins with that build constantly. I've heard he is pretty good at this game.

ICR fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 22, 2014

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have a Wolverine build floating around? I feel like playing as a lavaman for a little while.

Edit: VVV Oh god dammit. I didn't see that post in the SS shuffle. Thanks!

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 22, 2014

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Mayor McCheese posted:

Anyone have a Wolverine build floating around? I feel like playing as a lavaman for a little while.

Look up? ^^

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mayor McCheese posted:

Do what he tells you.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

imatree posted:

Does anyone know if the cake event ends today?

It will start again next weekend.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons I was gonna raid with, I am gonna have to get you all another time. Had a situation come up with a friend just 5 mins ago and I need to be there (bad car accident).

If you all still raid, refer to my guide on bottom of the 1st page here. Maybe somebody else can lead it.

Very sorry guys; I wrote all your names down and I'll reach out when things calm done to get ya for another time with me.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Got my Surfman to 60. I went with a lot of movement near the end: dash in, repulse, death from below to put me back in the middle of the mob. While DFB was on cooldown, deconstruct, fire refracting beam for 3 or 4 seconds, then reconstruct. Once I was down to a single target, flux until clear. I was getting very good DPS from flux once I got it to level 20 or so.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Here's my entry for the Radd Dudes:

I tried everything while I was leveling, but I mostly stuck with the beam powers, alternating between refracting and EM. Surfer was the first hero where I was tempted to use ALL of the powers, so I mapped my extra mouse buttons to let me use a 13th and 14th power. Once I get his uniques, I'll probably drop a couple of the beam powers and max out dash. The biggest annoyance was having more cooldown powers than would fit on the bar; I ended up moving deconstruct/reconstruct off and just button-mashing those keys.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
I haven't played in about a year, I think, and have Storm and Cyclops. What's my best course of action; is Cyclops terrible? Storm seems pretty bland now compared to the other classes. What would be the best way to get splinters to buy a randomTaskmaster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons I was gonna raid with, I am gonna have to get you all another time. Had a situation come up with a friend just 5 mins ago and I need to be there (bad car accident).

If you all still raid, refer to my guide on bottom of the 1st page here. Maybe somebody else can lead it.

Very sorry guys; I wrote all your names down and I'll reach out when things calm done to get ya for another time with me.

Hope your friend is okay!

• Locked thread