Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!

Mikemo Tyson posted:

I haven't played in about a year, I think, and have Storm and Cyclops. What's my best course of action; is Cyclops terrible? Storm seems pretty bland now compared to the other classes. What would be the best way to get splinters to buy a randomTaskmaster?

Storm may seem boring but she's getting a rework soon. Some details about it on the official forums here: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/105547/storm-level-52-design-update-patch-preview/p1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons I was gonna raid with, I am gonna have to get you all another time. Had a situation come up with a friend just 5 mins ago and I need to be there (bad car accident).

If you all still raid, refer to my guide on bottom of the 1st page here. Maybe somebody else can lead it.

Very sorry guys; I wrote all your names down and I'll reach out when things calm done to get ya for another time with me.

Hey, I hope your friend is alright.

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002
Just got my shiny metal rear end to 60

In celebration, I ate 3 cakes

Went with a movement build the whole time - Board Dash all over the place, pausing to DFB, Decon/Recon, and Supernova. I used EMF for bosses, but only when they were alone with no minions. Overall, no problems with survivability.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

Invader Zym posted:

In celebration, I ate 3 cakes

Went with a movement build the whole time - Board Dash all over the place, pausing to DFB, Decon/Recon, and Supernova. I used EMF for bosses, but only when they were alone with no minions. Overall, no problems with survivability.

That Pym's Shrinking is poisonous and you should sell it to a vendor ASAP

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Eiffel On You posted:

No Bull, Just the Beef: Building Hawkeye to be Stronger than Katness Everdeen

I like Hawk(gal)guy. I even enjoyed leveling them. So now her powerpoints have been reset I'm going to give a build similar to yours a try. I don't have great gear, but it's not bad. Mostly because I happened to be playing them when that crazy loot-tastic midtown event was on. I also don't have all those must-have synergies and probably never will.

Another artifact worth considering might be Hand of Nimrod. Attack speed, ranged damage and spirit on hit sounds good to me.

Edit: After posting this I had two Hands of Nimrod drop in the space of ten minutes. But I haven't had a unique drop on any character in like three days.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 22, 2014

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Well, got him to 60. Threw Death from Below on my left click, and Board Dash on my right click. Board Dash was my primary damage dealer, Death from Below when it was off cooldown and there was a place I wanted to be that was not where I was. Event Horizon to gather groups together, Subspace Rift on top of them. Supernova dudes and Decon/Recon as necessary. I used Cosmic Resonance and Polarity field as my gifts.

Overall, I don't know, he felt really anemic until the late 40's or early 50's. He felt very squishy until then, so I tossed a defensive uru on him with Ancient Grove which helped. My first character was Iron Man, and SS felt like a weaker IM that moved around more. At 60 he might be okay, but I'm not interested in taking the time (right now) to kit him out and find out. With decent artifacts and uniques I'm sure he's great, because even with my lovely gear he was doing okay (though I always chose green terminals for LQs, while with most heroes I'd be fine with red).

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons I was gonna raid with, I am gonna have to get you all another time. Had a situation come up with a friend just 5 mins ago and I need to be there (bad car accident).

If you all still raid, refer to my guide on bottom of the 1st page here. Maybe somebody else can lead it.

Very sorry guys; I wrote all your names down and I'll reach out when things calm done to get ya for another time with me.

I hope he's ok man

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Mikemo Tyson posted:

I haven't played in about a year, I think, and have Storm and Cyclops. What's my best course of action; is Cyclops terrible? Storm seems pretty bland now compared to the other classes. What would be the best way to get splinters to buy a randomTaskmaster?

If you already got the 200 free splinters from doing the story the first time then whatever you do will drop the same amount of splinters. Cyclops isn't "bad" he is just a one skill hero, drunk goons love him. Storm is getting her review very very soon and should not be bland after that.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Cyclops should be leveled to 50 just for the 10% exp synergy, then promptly forgotten about.

By the way, here is something very useful I found today https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/66933/how-to-add-more-hotkeys/p1 a way to add more hotkey bindings easily.

Finally I can fit artifacts like zig on the hotbar easily or handle heroes like taskmaster with a zillion extra skills, just followed the instructions and had QWER setup as extra skill hotkeys.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 22, 2014

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
http://imgur.com/SWfdbXR

Surfed my way to 60, don't look at my gear!

Sporkles
Mar 15, 2010
Here's my silver nudist entry.

The prizes aren't that much of a huge deal to me, but if someone wants to toss me a SG invite, that'd be neat. :gbsmith:

I leveled up using DFB/Board Dash/Supernova as well. Also maxed his passive and that +dmg gift, and used his wake gift and sig as point dumps. Before I unlocked all of that stuff I found him kinda boring, I mostly relied on Subspace Rift (which I eventually retconned out) and Recon/Deconstruct (I have these maxed now but if I retconned again I probably wouldn't max them, because I don't find myself using them much any more). Popping his ult and board dashing like a drat fool was pretty fun.

I also had the most terrible unique drop luck I've had out of any character to date. And no, I don't know why I didn't bother to give him that pot of gold.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Cyclops should be leveled to 50 just for the 10% exp synergy, then promptly forgotten about.

You may as well go all the way to 60 for the additional 2% (15% instead of 13%).

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Drakes posted:

I don't really agree with how people say cap is tanky, hes like in the same vein as the nimble squishy guys like DD/BP/SM. Granted hes got that active damage reduction going on.

He has really good uniques with a bunch of tankiness on them, and even a little bit of power duration (Doom medallion!) gives him a ton of uptime on his shield block power.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

WarLocke posted:

You may as well go all the way to 60 for the additional 2% (15% instead of 13%).

The guy he's talking to only has two characters, neither at 60 from the sound of it. That means it's 40% vs 13%. Max him.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

What is the best way to build Gambit now if I want to throw lots of cards at people?

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
I got level 60 finally!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

ApeEscape posted:

I got level 60 finally!

Nice Latverian Regalia you got there :psyduck:

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

StashAugustine posted:

Nice Latverian Regalia you got there :psyduck:

Yeah thats gonna need an explanation

rhinohelix
Aug 19, 2007

Fun Shoe
My ghetto nudieman surferbro entry:

I mostly worked off of gib's dash build, dashing when not DFBing, and using Event Horizon/Supernova/Subspace Rift to gather and nuke groups. ABD: Always Be Dashing. I maxxed Flux to have a single-target non-movement option. While I did stick a CCR on him, I didn't spend much time equipping him otherwise, no blessings, enchants or other higher-end items, as :effort: and I was just coasting through the end. I may go back and spruce him up, as the dash build was a lot of fun and more effective as the mooks got more challenging. As an aside, my drop rates have completely tanked during the Cake Event.

rhinohelix fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 22, 2014

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Ajax posted:

Maybe those cosmics summon demons and he wants his demonic friends to be extra strong?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

So I have a level 32 black panther. I really want to play Dr. Strange but it seems like it will take weeks to save up enough shards - is this usually how it works?

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
It seems like from the submissions to the contest that CCR is the legendary of choice for surfer rather than gungnir? Is that because SS has a crit passive? Seems like the extra crit would be better than the Power cosmic regen. Is the 2 energy stat really that good?

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

HotBobaloo posted:

It seems like from the submissions to the contest that CCR is the legendary of choice for surfer rather than gungnir? Is that because SS has a crit passive? Seems like the extra crit would be better than the Power cosmic regen. Is the 2 energy stat really that good?

600 energy dr is 15% damage. That plus the 8% from the 2 energy makes the CCR better than gungnir with its 25% crit damage. CCR also has its life and spirit on kill proc which is not nothing.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ApeEscape posted:

I got level 60 finally!

:shobon: as gently caress

Congrats dude

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Comrade Flynn posted:

So I have a level 32 black panther. I really want to play Dr. Strange but it seems like it will take weeks to save up enough shards - is this usually how it works?

Sure, you could spend a few bucks too.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Comrade Flynn posted:

Pretty much. Personally I'd keep buying random hero boxes since those tend to take a week/less than to grind up, and you have a chance to get the 600 splinter dudes from it (This is how I got my Strange!). The worst case is that you get a token for a hero you already own, which means that hero's ultimate gets a bit stronger.

Also if you're just starting out you can get another 100 splinters upon finishing the story mode, that + the starting splinters means you're already a third of the way to Strange.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Ajax posted:

Not everyone can farm perfect gear for every 60, much less their first one. I have a ton of 60s, a stash full of great artifacts and I still mostly gear people with whatever I find until I actually decide to play them in comics.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mr. Whale posted:

600 energy dr is 15% damage. That plus the 8% from the 2 energy makes the CCR better than gungnir with its 25% crit damage. CCR also has its life and spirit on kill proc which is not nothing.
I would argue that 25 Cosmic Power on kill is, in fact, functionally nothing.

I ran some numbers on board spec to try and figure out what legendary to use, and (with my gear) CCR isn't significantly behind Gungnir in terms of DPS but is always behind. I think mostly it's just people being sick of putting Gungnir on everything.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Hit 60 with Nightcrawler, what a fun character, will definitely be working on gearing him out. Switching out to other characters felt so slow compared to him. Who should I work on next? My list, sorted by who interests me most:

Iron Man aka ghostdini aka tony starks aka pretty tone
Deadpool
Spider-Man
Rocket Raccoon
Storm
Cable

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons, thanks a ton for some of the kind words here and messages on Steam. Everything is OK with my buddy; hit his head pretty hard, cuts and bruises, that kinda stuff. I just left the hospital and he'll be out soon. Again, thank you. Also, sorry we couldn't raid today.

With that said, here are some quick notes for anybody who cares. If not, move along! :P

1) Here are the SS entries for the competition. We have just over 4 hours remaining! Lots of entries and I have noted them all on Page 1:

Entrants with verified submissions
1) Phyresis
2) clgibcount (2)
3) iod (3 letter name amazingness)
4) Ajjax
5) skrybbles
6) PukeyPanda
7) Distelt
8) Tremain
9) merrillgrinch
10) Shabaladoo
11) JeditOjanen
12) Tether
13) Thor, I mean, Bearforce.
14) IAMTHEMOON
15) ateatree
16) MusketThumb
17) Xeroma
18) Cotato
19) ipjones
20) Zedmore
21) JBNZ
22) stupidsexyflanders
23) Samara (ingame name Myrra?)
24) MrWhale (3)
25) Babyproof
26) pabraham
27) Russad
28) Nissir
29) Piratic (needs SG invite)
30) Rhinohelix

2) Raid crews: This weekend I have some open time. The crew I was going to raid with today: (Arrg, iod, Ratchety, Zedmore, Soothingvapors, MrWhale, Burgthock, Preliquary and NotALizardman). How many of you all can make 9AM EST to start raiding on Saturday? I'll raid with those I haven't raided with then.

Other crew (Rugio, Frukt, you know who you are): Sunday, 2:30PM EST. I hope you all can make it then. I'll get in touch with you all anyway.

Don't post here on forums if you're in or not. Let's not flood these things with that. I'll see ya in game or on Steam.

3) Finally, we have lots of questions about incoming about Omega Points and I'm not gonna lie, I'm as clueless as most of you out there. We are a few weeks in now and it's time to get serious. I need your help!. Sion is awesome for his build posts he keeps track of, but we need somebody to be in charge of Omega Point Allocation Systems for each character. For now, until somebody wants to step up, I will do my best to keep a log and I'll move it to Page 1. Please only post if you are confident in your Omega Point Allocation for your character! Let's do two separates: One for 500 Points and one for 1,000 points. We can adjust this as we play more and start seeing people get way higher. Here is an example and use this formatting for your character you want to cover:

Omega Point System for (Character Here)

500 Points:
1) Tree Found Here: Omega Skill, here and here. 36 used
2) Tree Found Here: Omega Skill, Omega Skill, blah blah blah. 100 used
etc. until roughly 500 used.

1,000 Points:
1) Same format all the way to 1,000 this time.

Brief Explanation:

Go in depth or go brief, we just need our players to know what they should be doing with their character's Omegas. What's working, what's not working, etc. Act like you know what you're doing here.

No rush on us doing this quickly. The next post will be Reserved for Omega System Content.

ICR fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 23, 2014

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Reserved for Omega

HUMAN TORCH

500 Points: 496 Used

--Molecular Adjustment Tree--

1 in Terrigen Crystals
8/10 in Exogenesis (8% Energy Damage Powers, 16 Health on Kill, 120 Energy Defense)

1,000 Points: 494 Used

--Psionics Tree--

1 in Precog
1 in Psychometry
1 in Psionic Exoskeleton
9 in Psionic Charge (9% Ranged Powers)

Total Used: 990

Explanation: 17% Damage Buff for skills that are tagged on all HT powers. Spirit shouldn't be a problem if you are endgame with this guy, but many are correct to look at Guilt Suppression Research for Spirit on Kill. The problem is that in boss situations, that isn't going to matter. We need to kill things faster. We can maximize 990 points here for a big damage buff and take a couple useless skills on the way to minorly pad stats. Go this route for success.

ICR fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 23, 2014

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Ghostlight posted:

I would argue that 25 Cosmic Power on kill is, in fact, functionally nothing.

I ran some numbers on board spec to try and figure out what legendary to use, and (with my gear) CCR isn't significantly behind Gungnir in terms of DPS but is always behind. I think mostly it's just people being sick of putting Gungnir on everything.

CCR is another 2% power cost reduction, and that's noticeable if you're stacking it. It was noticeable for me when my HT hit r5 on his CCR.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons, thanks a ton for some of the kind words here and messages on Steam. Everything is OK with my buddy; hit his head pretty hard, cuts and bruises, that kinda stuff. I just left the hospital and he'll be out soon.
:woop:

Eiffel On You posted:

The crew I was going to raid with today: (Arrg, iod, Ratchety, Zedmore, Soothingvapors, MrWhale, Burgthock, Preliquary and NotALizardman). How many of you all can make 9AM EST to start raiding on Saturday? I'll raid with those I haven't raided with then.
Just call us B-Team. It's alright. We know the score.

I can do 9AM Sat.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

HotBobaloo posted:

You can go with either.

I went with Gungnir myself because he doesn't get a lot of crit or CDR aside from his slot 5 unique. Also quite a bit more crit, to make helas even better.

I tend to get a lot more DR than crit/cdr from the other various gear slots, so in the interest of balancing everything out (highest overall damage that way) I find that Gung will offer more damage in the end.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Lechtansi posted:

Not everyone can farm perfect gear for every 60, much less their first one. I have a ton of 60s, a stash full of great artifacts and I still mostly gear people with whatever I find until I actually decide to play them in comics.

I think people are just confused because the Regalia is a very much pet-focused artifact, but I can understand people going "Oh cool, a doomdrone" and throwing it on whomever (especially if you got a DOOMHERBIE as well). But in the case of Ms. Marvel, even a Yukio's or SHIELD Motion Tracker depending on build would've made a little more sense.

Congrats to ApeEscape anyway!

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Is chat broken for anyone else? Messages aren't going through even in local.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I can do b-team saturday night as well

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

FastestGunAlive posted:

Hit 60 with Nightcrawler, what a fun character, will definitely be working on gearing him out. Switching out to other characters felt so slow compared to him.

Definitely. I thought Nightcrawler was a little weak, but I love how fast he was. I stacked him with movement speed artifacts and he ended up running faster than half the characters can fly.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Eiffel On You posted:

2) Raid crews: This weekend I have some open time. The crew I was going to raid with today: (Arrg, iod, Ratchety, Zedmore, Soothingvapors, MrWhale, Burgthock, Preliquary and NotALizardman). How many of you all can make 9AM EST to start raiding on Saturday? I'll raid with those I haven't raided with then.

I'm out of town for ~a week and a half as of Tuesday, so I'm going to miss this. Good luck to whoever ends up making it!

And I'm glad to hear your friend's doing okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
I can make it on saturday.

• Locked thread