Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

FishBulb posted:

Gotta save stuff for the sequels

Stuff always saved for sequels:

- Decent melee
- Dual wielding
- Mute main character given a voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Aphrodite posted:

I would bet no generation is really any more derivative than the others. You just don't remember the less popular stuff from years ago.

And years from now nobody will remember Homeland, or Dante's Inferno, or all the DOTA games out, etc.

I will never forget Dante's Inferno.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

I would bet no generation is really any more derivative than the others. You just don't remember the less popular stuff from years ago.

And years from now nobody will remember Homeland, or Dante's Inferno, or all the DOTA games out, etc.

I dunno about that. Well, you are right that we mainly remember the stuff that is noteworthy, but it is only natural that games become more samey and risk averse as budgets rise.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

That loving Sned posted:

Stuff always saved for sequels:

- Decent melee
- Dual wielding
- Mute main character given a voice

They should really let you dual wield pistols at the very least, in the alpha they were pretty much useless except for style points compared to the other primary weapons.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

So I just played halfway through the story mode on Injustice. My fingers hurt like a motherfucker and the whole "fake" character storyline is kinda confusing but overall it's one of the best fighters I've ever played. For some reason I'm way better than I used to be on Xbox 360 though that could be due to me just preferring PlayStation controllers in general. If any goons still play and would like to stomp the gently caress out of me online feel free to add me

PSN id: ThreeInTheMornin

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

katkillad2 posted:

They should really let you dual wield pistols at the very least, in the alpha they were pretty much useless except for style points compared to the other primary weapons.

The only pistol in the alpha was great from close range...

I was disappointed in the lack of assassinations and stuff in the melee though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The game is mostly designed for multiplayer so I doubt there will be much in the way of stealth options.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

muscles like this? posted:

The game is mostly designed for multiplayer so I doubt there will be much in the way of stealth options.

Assassinations were what they called the from behind brutal melee kills in Reach.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I never really got into Killzone multiplayer when it first came out mostly due to me being a mousehaver that was real bad at shooting with a controller. Going back and playing it now though after I've gotten considerably less terrible it actually seems really good.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Playing Injustice just makes me want a next gen Tekken or Street Fighter. I know Street Fighter is coming soon, but I cannot wait for Tekken on PS4.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What ever happened to Tekken x Street Fighter? Is it basically vaporware at this point? Haven't heard anything about it in years.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

What ever happened to Tekken x Street Fighter? Is it basically vaporware at this point? Haven't heard anything about it in years.

It's probably dead. Capcom is in lovely shape, Street Fighter x Tekken was poorly received and Namco's studios are all working on other stuff.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Morby posted:

Playing Injustice just makes me want a next gen Tekken or Street Fighter. I know Street Fighter is coming soon, but I cannot wait for Tekken on PS4.

USF4 is only on PSNow, no announcement of a PS4 port. :argh:

Guily Gear Xrd, Mortal Kombat X, and Legend of Raven (Yatagarasu port that was kickstarted on Indie Gogo, basically a SF3 Third Strike type of fighting game made by the original KOF people) are the only ones I know of at this point.

Legend of Raven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWd_a-xXgh0

Guilty Gear Xrd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuK4bGozGIg

PantsBandit posted:

Supposedly still being made by Namco. :shrug: But yeah, SFxT was a pile of cold poo poo and who knows what's going on with it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HVBPRUO

Gold Headset for $70!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That thing is a steal even at the $100 MSRP. People should jump on that. Probably the only gaming accessory I've ever bought that I haven't regretted.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

That thing is a steal even at the $100 MSRP. People should jump on that. Probably the only gaming accessory I've ever bought that I haven't regretted.
For me it's that, and one of those official dual charger things for PS4 controllers. Much more convenient than plugging/unplugging USB cables.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Eh, what the hell. Ordered one.

Anyone know a good streaming audio app for the ps4? Just realized I normally use pandora or hit grooveshark on my laptop to jam while I do poo poo in the house, but I don't think those are available on the ps4.

Any idea if netflix offers 7.1?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

drat I have the turtle beach px5s but I'm tempted to get that. It's completely wireless, correct? Does it have an internal battery or use AAs? Anyone use it for ps4 and PC as well? How's the mic?

Does it use digital out/tos link? How does it connect to PC? Would it be easy to swap between the 2? How's battery life?

Anyone that used PX5s have a comparison? They're nice but until they release a Bluetooth patch, if ever, they can't be completely wireless

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jun 29, 2014

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Internal battery, I use it on PC the microphone is alright, it's all about the amazing quality on those, music sounds great also. It has a USB dongle and that's how it connects to the PS4 and PC.

Similiary if anyone wants a super cheap pair of earbuds the Official Vita Earbuds are really loving good too and can be had for like $12.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Christoff posted:

drat I have the turtle beach px5s but I'm tempted to get that. It's completely wireless, correct? Does it have an internal battery or use AAs? Anyone use it for ps4 and PC as well? How's the mic?

Does it use digital out/tos link? How does it connect to PC? Would it be easy to swap between the 2? How's battery life?

It connects wirelessly to a USB. It's an internal batter and it works great on PC and PS4. Mic's really nice.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thanks for the input. Taking the plunge. Probably just keep my PX5s for PC so I don't have to swap around a dongle. I just really want a completely wireless solution for ps4. Wasn't even aware the vita had its own headset for :10bux: probably getting those too

Vita headset mic works with ps4 as well FYI

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jun 29, 2014

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Samurai Sanders posted:

For me it's that, and one of those official dual charger things for PS4 controllers. Much more convenient than plugging/unplugging USB cables.

Yes, that thing is great. Since it's so easy to use, it encourages you to maintain the good habit of putting your controllers in one place and keeping them from dying.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Christoff posted:

Anyone that used PX5s have a comparison? They're nice but until they release a Bluetooth patch, if ever, they can't be completely wireless

Completely wireless, internal battery that uses the same charging cable as the controller. It is wirelessly connected to the USB dongle that you can plug into your PS4, PS3 or PC. I had absolutely no trouble just putting the dongle on my computer and just plug and play. Played the hell out of CS:GO with it.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
My only complaint about the Gold headset was a weird increased treble on the PS3 specifically. No problems on PS4 or PC, and you could probably fix the PS3 stuff with a custom audio thing. By the way, you can set up custom equalizer settings with an app. I haven't bothered with it, but that's another kinda neat thing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I haven't noticed anything beneficial from the sound presets, honestly. Does the virtual 7.1 still work if you have a party with their audio prioritize? I usually set an empty party up so my mic doesn't catch anything during multiplayer games.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Does the gold headset have that stupid issue the elite has with the cracking by the muffs? I have a huge head and mine cracked quick.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Shampy posted:

Does the gold headset have that stupid issue the elite has with the cracking by the muffs? I have a huge head and mine cracked quick.

I don't think so. They're not built like a tank but they fit fine on my massive skull. It seems like they're designed to not stress the design of them too much.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Samurai Sanders posted:

I haven't seen the official ps4 charger for sale in the us since pre-release, can you link where you've seen it?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

xxEightxx posted:

I haven't seen the official ps4 charger for sale in the us since pre-release, can you link where you've seen it?
I dunno, I just walked into my local Gamestop and they had plenty.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

xxEightxx posted:

Canadian here and I saw one in a local Wal-Mart fairly recently. I figured they were widely available at retail by now

Unfortunately that deal on the Gold headset won't ship to CA

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno, I just walked into my local Gamestop and they had plenty.

Was it the Sony one or the Power A one? I thought Sony never released their version (that's in the UK and the like), making the PowerA one the official one for the States.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

esperantinc posted:

Was it the Sony one or the Power A one? I thought Sony never released their version (that's in the UK and the like), making the PowerA one the official one for the States.
Yeah, I guess it says Power A on the bottom, but it had full official Sony packaging. Is there some other one?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Robawesome posted:

Canadian here and I saw one in a local Wal-Mart fairly recently. I figured they were widely available at retail by now

Unfortunately that deal on the Gold headset won't ship to CA

The fun thing about amazon listings is you can just change com to ca to see how badly we're being hosed. $120+ on Amazon.ca still.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I guess it says Power A on the bottom, but it had full official Sony packaging. Is there some other one?

Sony made their own for Europe. Power A makes the North American one.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
The Power A one has the controllers back to back while the Sony UK/Japan? one is them both facing front. I also want the Vita 2000's dock but I'll probably have to import one since I doubt they'll ever actually release it here.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don't think so. They're not built like a tank but they fit fine on my massive skull. It seems like they're designed to not stress the design of them too much.

My Creatives suffer from this, but apparently it's a common issue with those. Is it at all possible to buy headphones tailored to your skull, with the moving parts required for extension removed in favour of reinforcing the device against breakage?

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah. The Europe one is different and IMHO looks nicer. I ordered it off of Amazon UK and had it shipped to the US and just changed out the power cable.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I just got the nyko controllers charger seems good enough?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

When I play Watch_Dogs it feels like the developers were trying to make GTA: Montreal. I'm sure the pressure of being AAA is the same as putting out an expensive blockbuster film in which you can't take chances. They were forced to set the game in an American city by higher ups in order to sell.

You can't get more Quebecious than the main supporting character Clara and even small things like the chime you hear when you start a mission is the sound the Montreal Metro makes when a Subway car is shutting it's doors and about to leave. I hope one day Ubisoft Montreal gets to make a game set in Montreal. I know Eidos Montral set a bit of the new Deus Ex there. :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Clara having an accent is because she's basically a rip off of Lisbeth from "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series.

• Locked thread