Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

AP posted:

Pretty much everything people are pledging for can be earned in the game (one very rare ship can't be obtained with insurance). The argument that would be posted in response to Pay2win comments is that it can't be pay to win if you can earn it, so it's pay for convenience.

The problem I have with that is there will be a strong temptation to take advantage of this before players can actually earn anything, which lets face it is going to be a couple of years away at best.

The base ship the Aurora currently handles far worse than the other ships in Arena Commander, so do they fix it or not while knowing that a fair few people will just pay an extra $20 to upgrade it to a 300i which is a lot better?

Also they've promised you can run your own modified server not connected to the persistent universe, so you can fly around in a $1250 Idris as much as you like for the price of the basic game. Only that's even further away time wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Hey citizens, how is this game not pay to win?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This is the point where Croberts should have packed it up and said gently caress you weirdos, I'm buying an island.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

So when is the rape module going to be released? Enterprising space pirates/rapists wish to know.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

So when is the rape module going to be released? Enterprising space pirates/rapists wish to know.

Same.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Dunno, but I'm sure that patch will be forced on us whether we want it or not.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Shala posted:

Dunno, but I'm sure that patch will be forced on us whether we want it or not.

You consented when you paid for it.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's what she said.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

It's okay I bought the towels to wipe the sweat off after some good ol rape moduling:

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

HiHo ChiRho posted:

It's okay I bought the towels to wipe the sweat off after some good ol rape moduling:

That is a pretty voyeuristic looking towel you have there.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

ha ha good one Beer4TheBeerGod :cheers:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

My bad, slipped up and posted content again.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Vhadka posted:

Isn't it still pretty much pay 2 win if the special megaships require obscene amounts of time/grinding/luck/whatever to get for non-insane people? Not that the citizens would ever accept the truth about it.

The real super mega spaceships can't even be pledged for. The ones people are paying six figures for are still on the low end of things, overall.

Edit: Someone spent money on internet pixels just for me? Am I the next Chris Roberts?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Octopode posted:

The real super mega spaceships can't even be pledged for. The ones people are paying six figures for are still on the low end of things, overall.

Edit: Someone spent money on internet pixels just for me? Am I the next Chris Roberts?

Octopode posted:

Hint: the secret to getting a red title is to buy it yourself or get one of your IK friends to set it for you so you can continue flaunting it to get the internet fame you obviously deserve.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Octopode posted:

Kill yourself

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro
Heh

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.
But I obviously couldn't buy it for myself, I spent all my savings on bitcoin starships and red titles for you, remember?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Octopode posted:

no youre just a stupid twat

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Octopode posted:

But I obviously couldn't buy it for myself, I spent all my savings on bitcoin starships and red titles for you, remember?

are you srsly trying to imply that you did buy it for yourself? wtf

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Guys it's totally not pay2win just pay2dunkonpoors

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Octopode posted:

requesting mod confirmation

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

LaTex Fetish posted:

requesting mod confirmation

mods can't tell that kind of thing unless it was a mod-given title, im pretty sure. maybe not even then

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
how will big ships with crews of irl players work in star citizen's 5v5 arena

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Octopode posted:

I can't keep up

:flaccid:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

Crewmine posted:

how will big ships with crews of irl players work in star citizen's 5v5 arena

The game automatically forms a queue of players for a single ship, and as each player's game crashes, another takes over automatically. Time waiting is spent watching mold slowly grow on an exquisitely rendered towel.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

mods can't tell that kind of thing unless it was a mod-given title, im pretty sure. maybe not even then

oh

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Octopode posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

couldnt have put it better. jesus christ dude

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro

RSI posted:

The result is that with Patch 12.4, there is an unacceptable amount of lag and occurrence of rubber-banding (the effect when ships seem to ‘jump back’ in space.) While all of you know that Arena Commander is a pre-alpha module and that our aim is to determine and fix exactly these problems, they seem significant enough with this patch that we should take a moment to talk about how we’re aiming to repair them in the upcoming weeks.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

outside of widestancer losing the sick samus av someone update me on any lulz in the last 250ish posts please, tia

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Please move this thread back to Games, XyloJW.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Hey citizens, how is this game not pay to win?

What exactly do you win when you pay?

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

Supreme Rear Admiral of Star Citizen
write about selling the ships how to get it done save and maximum profit

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Srice posted:

outside of widestancer losing the sick samus av someone update me on any lulz in the last 250ish posts please, tia

XyloJW posted:

Hahaha, someone reported this for "offsite drama"

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
SC FPS module is shaping up nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE9sKNzBeKk

Xaerael posted:

At least Bronies don't spend $318,020 pretending to be child horse women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7lf3tRCdg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

lol

• Locked thread