Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Its a special pikachu tied to contests I'm betting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The forms are called Madame Pikachu, Hard Rock Pikachu, Idol Pikachu, Doctor Pikachu and Masked Pikachu.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 11, 2014

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
GBA Pokédex. I can dig it.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I hope others besides pikachu get costumes. Wanna put my mawile in a princess dress.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blhue posted:

I hope others besides pikachu get costumes. Wanna put my mawile in a princess dress.

Doctor Hydreigon
Hard Rock Florges
Idol Dunsparce
Madame Stunfisk
Masked Clefable

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Sidney seems to have a watch/bracelet on his wrist that he doesn't wear in Gen III. So I'm guessing it's a Mega Watch or something? Don't see something similar on Phoebe, but her left ankle is obscured, so who knows.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I believe that we're missing the greatest opportunity of all.

Masked Hawlucha.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

avlein posted:

LUCHACHU

(Help I cant find relevant anime picture of punk Onix from same episode)

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Crawfish posted:

See that would be a great idea, but unless Pokeblocks are now Pokecakes, I don't see that happening.

Which is a shame. Contests are a great way to expand the general usefulness of Amie, of which is largely useless at the moment.

Seems likely to me, considering how they're presenting these 5 Pikachus with an accompanying Amie screenshot.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

They had better keep those costumes if they evolve, because I want Luchador Raichu, dammit. :colbert:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

avlein posted:

LUCHACHU
Who's the ranger dude with the pointy goatee supposed to be?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Blaziken386 posted:

Looks to be related to Sercet Bases somehow.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
The red text box below Dr. Pikachu says "Is this some kind of Contest Hall!? Details in the next issue!"

Blaziken386 posted:

He's the guy who tells you about Secret Bases.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
So does any of that say if only certain pokemon will get 3d dressup? This makes me very happy. More contests stuff and the dressup from like I think it was gen 4 in 3d now!

I mean that is what it is right? 3d dressup for contests?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Something that I just realized that NEEDS to be in the new games if Super Training is sticking around: Let me BUY reset bags!. Making me grind to reset pokemon EVs is the worst.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TaurusOxford posted:

Something that I just realized that NEEDS to be in the new games if Super Training is sticking around: Let me BUY reset bags!. Making me grind to reset pokemon EVs is the worst.

They need to shoo that for stones, too. gently caress getting a Shiny or even a Thunder Stone now.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

I just ditch all my bags every time I need to hatch eggs, then leave the lower screen on the super training as I bike in circles. Usually within a batch or two the bags fill up again with at least one reset bag among them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rudoku posted:

They need to shoo that for stones, too. gently caress getting a Shiny or even a Thunder Stone now.

Agreed. Going to the stone emporium is a super hassle (Thunder/Water/Fire/Leaf).

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

avlein posted:

LUCHACHU

I need this with every pokemon. Specially Wobbuffet.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zore posted:

Agreed. Going to the stone emporium is a super hassle (Thunder/Water/Fire/Leaf).

The Stone Emporium doesn't sell Thunderstones, dude.

And it is a mega hassle getting any of the other evolultion stones. Why can't we just buy Shiny, Dusk Stones, etc.?

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I had to buy a new SD Card so I lost my save, is there any way for me to get another event Torchic or am I out of luck?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Danyull posted:

I had to buy a new SD Card so I lost my save, is there any way for me to get another event Torchic or am I out of luck?

Well, there's no way for you to get the Blazikenite and Cherish Ball Torchic again, but I can give you a Torchic with the HA if that's what you're after.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Silver Falcon posted:

And it is a mega hassle getting any of the other evolultion stones. Why can't we just buy Shiny, Dusk Stones, etc.?

Because without having to play games, how will they know that we love them enough for them to evolve?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Its magnezone. He has said so in another thread. sorry qnqnx I spoiled it.

Also I miss competitive 3rd and 4th gen, the only two good ones

Shoddy battle was the poo poo
Gen 3 and lower is just unbearable to me without the special/physiocal split, but Gen 4 UU was the poo poo.

Silver Falcon posted:

If there is a thing GameFreak is just learning, is the concept of convenience. Maybe in... lets say two generations more you will be able to.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also professor birch looks like the ubergoon now.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

TaurusOxford posted:

You can combine a Kee and Maranga berry at the Lumiose Juice Shoppe to make an item that resets a Pokemon's EVs to 0! :eng101:

Unfortunately, growing those berries from scratch will take you a week of grinding in the Berry Fields. :eng99:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

FauxGateau posted:

Also professor birch looks like the ubergoon now.

Prof. Birch was ALWAYS the gooniest professor. He nearly got mauled by a Zigzagoon for Christ's sake.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Danyull posted:

I have a powersave thing and can clone one with megastone for you (if it can be traded through wifi). I'm on IRC most of the time.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 11, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blaziken386 posted:

Prof. Birch was ALWAYS the gooniest professor. He nearly got mauled by a Zigzagoon for Christ's sake.
Professor Goon for Something Awful mascot 2k16

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Blaziken386 posted:

That's Aarune. He's an world traveler and an expert on secret bases. At some point he'll battle you with is Flygon. MegaFlygon confirmed.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

PSWII60 posted:

Because without having to play games, how will they know that we love them enough for them to evolve?
They are our slaves, they should just evolve when we tell them to. Pokémon are weapons, son, not friends!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I still find contests to be boring and unfun, but if you can have your pokemon wearing stupid outfits in the main game I'm in. I want Hawlucha to wear a luchador mask on top of it's luchador mask.

Was the gen 3 professor always fat?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I still find contests to be boring and unfun, but if you can have your pokemon wearing stupid outfits in the main game I'm in. I want Hawlucha to wear a luchador mask on top of it's luchador mask.

Contests were boring and unfun because you couldn't easily play with other people. With the magic of the internet however, contests are gonna be great

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Manatee Cannon posted:

In the Pokémon fan art community he is considered to be quite the DILF. Probably the most popular professor besides Oak and Sycamore.

mabels big day posted:

Contests were boring and unfun because you couldn't easily play with other people. With the magic of the internet however, contests are gonna be great

Gen III contests were fun either way, the best side game in the series along with the Pokethlon. I don't care for multiplayer outside of RTS games so I won't be making use of that in ORAS, so I hope they keep it playable solo as well.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

avlein posted:

LUCHACHU

I need this. Luchachu is best. Scholarchu (Professorchu?) is a close-ish second but oh my god, Luchachu. :swoon:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

StrifeHira posted:

I need this. Luchachu is best. Scholarchu (Professorchu?) is a close-ish second but oh my god, Luchachu. :swoon:

Nah, it's all about Hard Rock chu. She looks like she'll gently caress you up. You know what? I think that Pikachu is Notch-Eared getting time-fixed and finally becoming the monster it wants to be.

Frkzd
Jun 9, 2014

Danyull posted:

Distribution was stopped in January, but they're still in circulation.

Just breed or train something worth trading and I'm sure you'll find it.

If you're looking for a hidden ability Torchic, that's easy. If you're looking for a Blazikenite, some people have gathered extras.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Alternatively, wait until ORAS, when they will almost inevitably hand you a Blazikenite for free if you pick Torchic/have it available to buy in some rear end end of the game.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009
Holy poo poo, I really hope we get to battle with dressed up 'mons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's going to be for contests.

The old Contest stats were something like Cool, Tough, Cute, Beautiful and Smart and those costumes tie almost one for one to those stats.

• Locked thread