Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hey BHB what's up?

You don't even care if capps is scum (a direct quote) and you haven't even mentioned anyone else in the whole game. What gives? I'm inclined to listen to Asiina on this one.

I didn't care before, but after the deadline turbo I'm way more certain capps is scum with Ardulac. Look at this exchange:

Ardulac posted:

He already explained his case in its entirety:

The case on Capps is poo poo, but I don't understand why he's sticking to this case.

Capps, if lynching me wasn't an option who would your next two lynch choices be?

mr.capps posted:

Well, if I am lynching someone to not die myself I am fine with Opop or BHB because those guys are the other people right now who seem likely to die then not me.

But for people I want to lynch it goes you, then BHB, and then skinty.
The bunny vote is just a joke, I dunno but something about you seems off this game. You feel "slipperly" and I don't really know how to explain that in a way that makes sense.

Ardulac posted:

That's fair. There's no accounting for gut.

We're 2 hours from deadline, so how about you hop on the BHB lynch and you can go back to trying to lynch me tomorrow.

and tell me that doesn't look like awkward distancing to you. Then, Ardulac is nowhere to be found even after he posts:

Ardulac posted:

1.5 hours to deadline. If anyone is around please show up in the thread and post your thoughts on at least 3 players.

his last post of the day, before capps decides "things feel too organized" and starts the turbo on Jam, ostensibly to make the lynch look more organic than whatever he and Ardulac were "organizing".

Also, this post (referring to capps):

Skinty McEdger posted:

I haven't missed anything right, the case on you is still that you made a joke in joke phase?

looks a lot like throwing a lifeline to a scumbuddy - there's a dozen other ways to ask that question without lobbing a softball to capps, but if you're newbie scum, that's exactly how you'd phrase it.

capps, Ardulac, Skinty scumteam. Book it.

as an addendum to my case, this post just screams scum to me:

Ardulac posted:

That's fine. I get suspicious when people defend me too.

I do think it's silly how eager people are to swing to new lynches in this game as soon as someone pushes for them slightly.

:psyduck: Are you suggesting that the lynch you started was orchestrated by Scum?

Buddying to Opop, a condescending dismissal of bandwagon votes, and then the world's most disingenuous question - misreading capps' post so badly it must have been intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

and before people ask me again why I'm still voting capps instead of Ardulac, I'll gladly vote Ardulac but I've got a better feeling about capps. I'd also vote Skinty but that's a much more conjectural case based off one post and trusting Keane's gut.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
I can appreciate voting the guy you feel more strongly about, but it just feels like distancing from my likely flip when you intentionally avoid getting on the bandwagon on me.

Barehanded Brother posted:

Buddying to Opop, a condescending dismissal of bandwagon votes, and then the world's most disingenuous question - misreading capps' post so badly it must have been intentional.
I wasn't buddying to Opop, he's too smart for that :wink:. Honestly, I just disagreed with the bandwagon on him. Sue me.

I'll be around tomorrow morning, but I am burnt out from a hectic day and running my 13th Age campaign.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Ardulac posted:

I can appreciate voting the guy you feel more strongly about, but it just feels like distancing from my likely flip when you intentionally avoid getting on the bandwagon on me.

Your likely flip? That doesn't make any sense at all. If he's scum he knows how you'll flip and there's nothing likely about it. If he's not scum he wouldn't be distancing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In a shocking twist, it turns out I do have a life and will be busy all through the weekend. Eight Dollars is going to handle today's lynch and N2 so send any actions to him tonight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Rarity

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

greatZebu posted:

Your likely flip? That doesn't make any sense at all. If he's scum he knows how you'll flip and there's nothing likely about it. If he's not scum he wouldn't be distancing.
The likelihood that I will flip.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

After a re-read, I'm not feeling the greatZebu lynch. I'm down with lynching Hal or BHB.

Hal for the most incredibly low effort I think I've ever seen from him. He has posts where he literally says he'll vote to lynch anybody and asks who he should be voting. He was also a big part of the momentum building on the Jam lynch.

BHB for the reasons I mentioned yesterday, for dodging the lynch that was speeding up on him yesterday, and for the distancing I mentioned earlier.

##Vote BHB

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Also, we're less than 8.5 hours from deadline so please post if you'll be around and who you would consider voting.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am content. Especially with you just happening to settle on BHB, like the only other guy with heat on him. If you'd admitted self preservation I'd weigh options, but you tried to justify it so I'm sticking to my guns.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Literally no one was voting great zebu, Arc arc arc duckula.

Unless you're trying to throw none existence heat away from a buddy wooooOoooooOoooo

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Ardulac (3): Opopanax, mr.capps, CCKeane
Barehanded Brother (2): Asiina, Ardulac
Opopanax (2): Tremendous Taste, fiery_valkyrie
Tremendous Taste (1): greatZebu
mr.capps (1): Barehanded Brother
Skinty McEdger (0): CCKeane, CCKeane

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, Skinty McEdger

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 11th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 44 minutes.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Ardulac posted:

Also, we're less than 8.5 hours from deadline so please post if you'll be around and who you would consider voting.

This post looks oddly familiar...

Ardulac posted:

1.5 hours to deadline. If anyone is around please show up in the thread and post your thoughts on at least 3 players.

I guess that means this is the last we'll see of Ardulac today.

##vote Ardulac

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Ardulac posted:

I will once again be at work until the deadline, but I'll make time to read and update my vote some time in the last hour or so.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

CCKeane posted:

Literally no one was voting great zebu, Arc arc arc duckula.

Unless you're trying to throw none existence heat away from a buddy wooooOoooooOoooo

He's referring to this post yesterday which absolutely no one bit on

Ardulac posted:

I'm feeling like a greatZebu lynch, but I want to re-read to see if anything jumps out at me. I'd advise that everyone else do the same since we're still at a low number of pages. I have to head out to court soon, but I'll be back in a few hours.

but after throwing out greatZebu's name he didn't make any sort of case on him, seemingly just closing it off before he moved his attention back onto BHB.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I still think Opop is scum. This is the only opinion he has given this game. He "thinks" Capps and TT might be scum, but then backs off and says they might be town too. It's basically a non-opinion.

Opopanax posted:

If I were scum I'd have a target in mind, but since I'm not I have to be sure first. At this point I think Capps and TT look the worst, but they're not really doing anything they don't normally do as either alignment so it's hard to say

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Skinty McEdger posted:

He's referring to this post yesterday which absolutely no one bit on

but after throwing out greatZebu's name he didn't make any sort of case on him, seemingly just closing it off before he moved his attention back onto BHB.

I agree that Ard looks really bad here. It's like he pulled a name out of thin air and then realised he couldn't back it up. Would definitely vote Ard.

Going out for a couple of hours but will be back before deadline.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I changed my mind on greatZebu because on a closer re-read I got more of a nervous newbie vibe than a newbie Scum vibe. I wish I had something more interesting to say than "my bad".

Opopanax posted:

I am content. Especially with you just happening to settle on BHB, like the only other guy with heat on him. If you'd admitted self preservation I'd weigh options, but you tried to justify it so I'm sticking to my guns.
He was my top non-newbie candidate yesterday as well. Sorry for justifying my vote.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Barehanded Brother posted:

This post looks oddly familiar...

I guess that means this is the last we'll see of Ardulac today.

##vote Ardulac
I do that in pretty much every game I'm in. It's not a Town tell, but it sure as hell isn't a sign that I'm Scummy.

Whatever, you guys are being idiots and I'm about frustrated enough to not even care if I'm removed from this game. I know it's petulant to say, but holy poo poo has the past day been the opposite of entertainment for me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I still think Opop is scum. This is the only opinion he has given this game. He "thinks" Capps and TT might be scum, but then backs off and says they might be town too. It's basically a non-opinion.

Are you purposely ignoring that I made a vote and a few comments on ard or was that an accident?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Are you purposely ignoring that I made a vote and a few comments on ard or was that an accident?

It was an accident. Going to reread while I eat breakfast

##unvote

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Hi guys Amy "8bux" Poehler here. I can't make votefinder shoot out an automated thing but you've got less than an hour so here.

Votecount for Day 2

Ardulac (4): Opopanax, mr.capps, CCKeane, Barehanded Brother
Barehanded Brother (2): Asiina, Ardulac
Tremendous Taste (1): greatZebu
Opopanax (1): Tremendous Taste, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
Skinty McEdger (0): CCKeane, CCKeane
mr.capps (0): Barehanded Brother, Barehanded Brother

Not Voting (3): fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, Skinty McEdger

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 11th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 54 minutes.

Spoilers: The next season of Parks and Rec will mostly take place in an geodesic dome under the sea. Peace out!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote ardulac then

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD DEATH TO ARC

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I want to vote Capps. It feels like he keeps leading the lynches and I'm not confident I can trust him. This was his case on Jam and it's pretty bad.

mr.capps posted:

jam did just plop on a vote after some serious discussion and the guy is humorless so he wouldn't be going with a joke vote

D1 he voted Ard for not liking bunnies. He tried to push other people to vote Ard with him but the only reason he could come up with was that Ard was "slippery". No one else was interested so he moved the push to Jam.

Today this is his only comment before voting Ard

mr.capps posted:

yeah arc is probably scum but i still feel like day one was orchestrated
i'll vote arc
##vote arc

And this comment comes right after he tries to get people to continue focusing on everyone who voted him. None of his opinions or focus seem sincere to me.

##vote Capps

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey 8bux, screw you! I'm Amy Poehler!

I still want to kill BHB but I don't think that's going to happen.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I'm at -1, so I may as well claim. I'm the Cop. I was trying to make sure people would know I got a Town result on Opop, but we all see how that went.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

##vote ardulac then

That's a lovely vote. You haven't even mentioned him before now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ardulac posted:

I'm at -1, so I may as well claim. I'm the Cop. I was trying to make sure people would know I got a Town result on Opop, but we all see how that went.

I had a suspicion of that, but the great zebu comment put me off.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##unvote

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ardulac posted:

Welp!

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

So for those who thought I was hiding something, congratulations :confuoot:.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Skinty McEdger

Baaaaaah

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

##vote Skinty McEdger

Baaaaaah

I'm not doing this.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ardulac posted:

So for those who thought I was hiding something, congratulations :confuoot:.

Got an opinion on who you think is scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I'm not doing this.

Can you look at my case on Capps. He's pushed two lynches on bad cases and both players have turned out to be town.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Got an opinion on who you think is scum?
I still think BHB is the most likely. I don't really care for the cases on Skinty, but I'm willing to vote anyone to avoid a no lynch.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can you look at my case on Capps. He's pushed two lynches on bad cases and both players have turned out to be town.
I'm coming around on him. I thought the case on him yesterday was bad, but he's been pinging me a bit today. I'll look at the specifics of the case.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

I'm not doing this.

What if I apply peer pressure, as all the cool kids do?

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

fiery_valkyrie posted:

D1 he voted Ard for not liking bunnies. He tried to push other people to vote Ard with him but the only reason he could come up with was that Ard was "slippery". No one else was interested so he moved the push to Jam.

Today this is his only comment before voting Ard

And this comment comes right after he tries to get people to continue focusing on everyone who voted him. None of his opinions or focus seem sincere to me.

##vote Capps
I think he was being honest about the bunny thing being a joke, and his explanation that it was based on gut struck me as sincere during Day 1. He wouldn't be my top pick for a lynch but like I said there's something that seems a bit off about him today.

Any chance we can swing BHB or Hal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm so mad right now I'll like a non 2 prime number.

I can't even.

• Locked thread