Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

quote:

Here's a very reserved JWT talking to us post-race. He apologized several times on behalf of his team and sponsors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
http://youtu.be/rXcOCKc1pc4

Reminder where it all started :allears:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

keevo posted:

Wow I really regret that I missed this.

poo poo, I was at the drat speedway and missed it!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol 2 races in a row the 51 wins, 2 races in a row it fails post race inspection for being too low in the rear

here's an article about Our Champion and his dastardly rival

and one about the Peters/Hornaday hilarity

"the bombastic Gallagher" lmao

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 12, 2014

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

keevo posted:

Wow I really regret that I missed this.

I also regret forgetting that trucks were on and cleaning and doing birthday decorations in the dining room instead of in front of SpencerFight.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o
And I bet NASCAR doesn't put it in their "official" 1 hour highlights package.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

VikingSkull posted:

lol 2 races in a row the 51 wins, 2 races in a row it fails post race inspection for being too low in the rear

here's an article about Our Champion and his dastardly rival

and one about the Peters/Hornaday hilarity

"the bombastic Gallagher" lmao

Please change SRA's name to Some Bombastic rear end in a top hat thanks.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
Well this should surprise nobody.

Race track owner blasts Race Team Alliance, Kauffman

quote:

"What I know about it, of course I don't like it," Smith said after Sprint Cup practice at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, which is one of eight SMI-owned tracks that play host to NASCAR's premier series. "I don't know anything about it that's good for what we do. I don't see anything that's going to be good for the sport. Nothing.

"What little bit I know about it right now, it seems it will damage the sport. If NASCAR needs us, we're there with NASCAR on the deal. We're there every day, every hour, if they need us."

I cannot wait for Bruton to change his mind after RTA rescues the sinking ship Nascar and he attributes those comments to a rogue engineer.

Also, congratulations SRA on starting what could be a thousand year corporate gang war between quick service chicken and low cost airlines in this earlydays Demolition Man world we are beginning to live in.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

At least we have that Bruton opinion in writing so when he backtracks if it turns out to be a good thing.

For the second year in a row, I was on the same flight out of Daytona as Ralph Sheheen on Thursday. He didn't feel like talking this year.

Two flat left rears have caused crashes in Cup this weekend- Logano and Almirola.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 12, 2014

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Two flat left rears have caused crashes in Cup this weekend- Logano and Almirola.

Idiots need to learn how to drive and manage those great tires!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...en-euro-series/

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Well this is fake because we all know that its a logical impossibility to race in the rain on an oval as shoved down our throats by DW and co.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

That track has as much banking as a Walmart parking lot, or martinsville.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Boomer The Cannon posted:

That track has as much banking as a Walmart parking lot, or martinsville.

Yeah I can only see this working at Martinsville. Richmond is too fast and banked, as well as Bristol. Maybe just maybe New Hampshire but it's a flat half mile.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Tours Speedway is a .333 mile short track.

They are never going to run rain tires on an oval in Cup unless it's at Martinsville like BMB said. The technology to keep a car adhering to a wet track on a high banked speedway or superspeedway doesn't exist.

Even NASCAR can't break the laws of physics.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I remember watching a 95 truck race talking about the possibility of rain tires for road courses and short tracks. As we've seen worked at road courses but short tracks, not so much. But Cup now doesn't use rain tires and if they did it'd be the 2 road courses and with advancement of 20 years of tire tech (in Goodyear's case... probably not) Martinsville.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

VikingSkull posted:

Tours Speedway is a .333 mile short track.

They are never going to run rain tires on an oval in Cup unless it's at Martinsville like BMB said. The technology to keep a car adhering to a wet track on a high banked speedway or superspeedway doesn't exist.

Even NASCAR can't break the laws of physics.

Yeah you can't go as fast, like every other track that runs in the rain, but it can be done. Sportscars and other roadcourse stock series run rovals in the rain that have pretty good banking. They are just terrified of doing things differently with their cars.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Lol Martinsville would be a clusterfuck in the rain. You drive around that place on the razor's edge of traction as it is when it's dry. The cars are just flat too heavy to make it work is what it boils down to. Oh and double lol at rain tires+Mville brake heat.

Bristol on the other hand I could actually see working for some strange reason. All concrete and high banking for water runoff could arguably create some decently drivable conditions. That and the constant heat from the cars should establish a good line fairly early.

Dover might also work for similar reasons but gently caress Dover

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
If they can't run rain tires at every oval then they aren't going to develop a rain tire program for some of them.

It would be dumb to even try. Honestly, how many races really get delayed or cancelled by rain, 3, maybe 4 a year? Who gives a poo poo.

e- There's no excuse for them to not run rain tires at the Glen and Sonoma, though.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

lovely this year rain plagued like the first several races. Well when NASCAR becomes hovering cars, we won't have to worry about rain anymore. And that will happens when it was feasible to use hovering cars 20 years after the fact.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Yeah, some years have worse luck than others, but the majority of races are run on time in good weather.

It's one of the least likely topics to get me bent out of shape regarding NASCAR.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Eddie D'Hondt, Gordon's spotter, says today's Mod race will air on FS1 next week. Nobody spoil it.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
NASCAR airs the wrong race at loudon, modifieds own forever

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

they loving bump draft at Loudon, it owns

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Did anybody in here do Trucks at Eldora last year? Is it worth going to if so? Need tips on seating, etc.

VikingSkull posted:

And it will be perfect entertainment for an off week next week.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

Loudon is such hot garbage for modern stock cars. Made doubly worse by the nationwide cars and trucks that you can't drive with the throttle nearly as well. The speed of a 1mile combined with the flatness and shape of the corners just isn't a good fit for these cars.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

Quotin dis

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

So there's rain and thunderstorms and hail and chance of tornadoes at Iowa for the IndyCar race, Trucks raced on the right day.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Loudon is such hot garbage for modern stock cars. Made doubly worse by the nationwide cars and trucks that you can't drive with the throttle nearly as well. The speed of a 1mile combined with the flatness and shape of the corners just isn't a good fit for these cars.

But they added more banking!!!!!!!!!!

e: Paul Menard just pulled a Danica

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 12, 2014

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Brian Scott :frogout:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

"Spin in turn two it's Brian Scott" is still the greatest and most accurate nickname for any driver in history

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

So the 31 is legitimately being outrun by the 36, 01 and 39.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Suck a dick,kyle.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Brad The Patriot dropped the flag. :911:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

A great driver with great opinions. :allears:.

I do wonder if the Milwaukee Mile would be worth a return?

I've honestly wonder if NASCAR/RTA should create a Super Speedway/Road Course/Short Track divisions instead of the current pseudo development ladder they currently run.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

The thing about the Mile is that they either run the Mile or Road America. Choose wisely.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

FuzzySkinner posted:

I've honestly wonder if NASCAR/RTA should create a Super Speedway/Road Course/Short Track divisions instead of the current pseudo development ladder they currently run.
Yes and no. Leave it as-is, add more short-tracks to all of the big 3 divisions, but increase the % of short-track races considerably for Trucks/ARCA/Nationwide.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Yes and no. Leave it as-is, add more short-tracks to all of the big 3 divisions, but increase the % of short-track races considerably for Trucks/ARCA/Nationwide.

Honestly, I would try to do this:

Cup, I would keep the same design, but have it exclusively tailored to provide good racing on tracks that are 1.5 miles and above.

Nationwide? Exclusively a road course series. The cars would be American Muscle Car-like. Dodge Charger, Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camero, etc. I would make them look very "Trans Am Series"-like.

Trucks? Keep as is. They're designed to race at tracks a mile and below.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 12, 2014

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

VikingSkull posted:

e- There's no excuse for them to not run rain tires at the Glen and Sonoma, though.

Has Goodyear even made any new NASCAR rain tires in the last decade? I thought the Nationwide guys were still using up the leftover old surplus rain tires they churned out years ago when they were first considering using them at the road courses in Cup.

It seems silly to spend the money to make a bunch of special tires that might get used once every few years, if that, since Cup only has the two road course races and the odds of them getting rained out aren't that high, so clearly they need to add several more road course races in rainy areas to make this a viable option. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

dennyk posted:

Has Goodyear even made any new NASCAR rain tires in the last decade? I thought the Nationwide guys were still using up the leftover old surplus rain tires they churned out years ago when they were first considering using them at the road courses in Cup.

It seems silly to spend the money to make a bunch of special tires that might get used once every few years, if that, since Cup only has the two road course races and the odds of them getting rained out aren't that high, so clearly they need to add several more road course races in rainy areas to make this a viable option. :colbert:

They knocked out the old surplus in 08 during the first rain race for Nationwide at Montreal. The next year they had much more developed rubber that didn't date to 2000. NASCAR and Goodyear just decided not to develop new tires for the Gen 5 and 6 cars. Haven't had to use rain tires at the Glen until 2 times after 08 when they had two rainouts. Hell even Sonoma scared us last year with raining and that's once in a blue moon with the weather out there in late June.

• Locked thread