Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I haven't been following WWE for several weeks. What was "the incident"?

Emma stole a phone case. She escaped under cover of bubbles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Malicious jacking of sweet iPad cases from Wal-Mart.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stole a phone case in Walmart, got arrested, got fired for an hour, got brought back after people in the company stood up for her.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wasn't it pretty much shown that she accidently didn't pay for it on the self checkout machine. Like she paid for everything else but forgot to scan it? Seems pretty reasonable for her to not get in too much trouble.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
If THE DEMON KANE doesn't come out next week carrying Rollins in a baby carrier harness, I'm done with WWE.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The_Rob posted:

Wasn't it pretty much shown that she accidently didn't pay for it on the self checkout machine. Like she paid for everything else but forgot to scan it? Seems pretty reasonable for her to not get in too much trouble.

She's a goddamn criminal.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
She comes from a penal colony after all

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

She's a goddamn criminal.

Now that JTG is gone she has replaced him. There must always be...a Cryme Tyme.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Brisbane, Brisbane

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Oh hey, more confirmation of Cena vs Lesnar for SummerSlam.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Brisbane, Brisbane

:lol:

Nicely done.

Also, we're not all criminals.

I'm curious about the "two generations of sting" thing, since the commercial really only showed Crow Sting. Was Surfer Sting really that big of a deal?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the way this article was written is insufferable

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
They're probably just going to do some old WCW events this time, like they did with the Mania events in 2k14. So they've got two Stings to cover the matches that predate Crow Sting.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_IBO71qrLs

Sting really was Jim Carrey, the wrestler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB55ouKX3eI

Del Raminos fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 16, 2014

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
http://www.wwe.com/inside/brad-maddox-youtube-videos-26469882

:stonk:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I hope this leads to stuff on Raw because I like Brad a lot and I want him to Do Things.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Del Raminos posted:

Sting really was Jim Carrey, the wrestler

Promising start, shaky middle, wet fart today?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Del Raminos posted:

Sting really was Jim Carrey, the wrestler
He reminds me more of Ryan Reynolds

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

He reminds me more of Ryan Reynolds

All body, reasonable talent, not given much to work with? Checks out.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Was there any timetable given for when Kenta would start wrestling in NXT?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Promising start, shaky middle, wet fart today?

Disturbingly accurate summation.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm not sure how anyone thought Sting was returning as an actual wrestler considering the vignette literally started with the 2k Games logo. I don't know what else they had to do, aside from put up a full screen graphic that said "THIS IS FOR THE VIDEO GAME YOU GUYS".

Roman Reigns posted:

Why didn't you tweet something like this months ago and kill all the hopes and speculations that you'll be back, you loving rear end in a top hat :argh:

He said nothing while he was under contract, and then literally the day his contract expires he breaks his silence, but you're wondering why this could possibly have happened the way it did.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I'm not sure how anyone thought Sting was returning as an actual wrestler considering the vignette literally started with the 2k Games logo. I don't know what else they had to do, aside from put up a full screen graphic that said "THIS IS FOR THE VIDEO GAME YOU GUYS".

He said nothing while he was under contract, and then literally the day his contract expires he breaks his silence, but you're wondering why this could possibly have happened the way it did.

His contract isn't done for two more days.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheJoker138 posted:

His contract isn't done for two more days.

His contract is almost certainly up. People were saying two more days because that was the anniversary of MitB 2011. It's been known it wasn't really true that Punk re-signed that day but people didn't know exactly when.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Codependent Poster posted:

"He's pointin', Maggle!"

They're gonna be twerkin' at Wrasslemania! Ah love it!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I feel like if this was the Attitude Era, Vince would have told Ambrose to wear this:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
If it was the Attitude Era he'd be a Puppies Master.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

Probably because they were looking at the ring/talking to each other and then sound coming over the speakers made them realize something was happening on the titantron so they turned to look at what was happening just in time to see STING IT'S STING IT'S STING STING IS HERE YOU GUYS IT'S ST... oh, it's an ad for a bad videogame. :smith:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the 2K logo also did flash by incredibly fast. I could see a lot of the fans not noticing it, or not even knowing what it is because they don't play video games.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
I'd like to believe that alot of people were booing it because it was pre-order bullshit.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

:science:They would have met in Liar Liar. Sting was supposed to be the one who beat him up in the bathroom in the final courtroom scene.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

DingoSlasher posted:

I'd like to believe that alot of people were booing it because it was pre-order bullshit.

No, they were booing it because after the excitement of it being Sting, they realized it was Sting, who could never possibly draw a dime or garner a pop in WWE in 2014 under any circumstance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's only a brief mention, but there's something kinda wonderful to me about Werner Herzog recommending his academic friends watch Wrestlemania.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Do not avert your eyes from Sting, no matter how scary he is.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

SoggyBobcat posted:

Sami Callihan has been signed since last May and hasn't debuted on TV yet.

So your guess as good as anyone else's.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

That wasn't genuine indignation in my post. I've always figured that was the case with Punk or, at the very least, he stayed quiet to not rock the boat.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SoggyBobcat posted:

The ETA for Devitt and Steen in NXT is early September now. Kenta was a fairly contemporaneous recruitment with those guys so that would be a guide. Kenta is ahead of those too as he is Signed. So you would expect Kenta would arrive before Devitt and Steen.

Steen hasn't done his medical yet according to Mike Johnson earlier in the week. I am of the belief Devitt is in America doing his right now. As most of us know nothing is for sure until the medicals are signed off just look at poor Nigel McGuinness.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Sami Callihan has been signed since last May and hasn't debuted on TV yet.

So your guess as good as anyone else's.

By the by on Sami Callihan/Solomon NXT are taping 4 weeks of TV tomorrow is fingers and toes crossed he finally debuts.

rovert fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 16, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

It's only a brief mention, but there's something kinda wonderful to me about Werner Herzog recommending his academic friends watch Wrestlemania.

This and Anthony Bourdain cheering on the Usos has made my whole week. Thanks!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Why are you surprised, he did that documentary about Arn Anderson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Sting really did have good theme music. WCW had some real stinkers but the few themes that were good were really, really good.

• Locked thread