Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Honestly Cooler and Broly are the only movie villains that are as recognized as Frieza, Cell, and Buu. Ask the guy who watched DBZ on Toonami as a kid and never again since then who Dr. Wheelo or Bojack are and I doubt he'd be able to tell you, but he more than likely knows Cooler is Frieza's brother.

They got multiple movies for a reason, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
For as dumb as Broly is he is the only villain to make Vegeta completely wuss out. At least with Frieza he tried something.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I will admit that I always liked Broly. he was the embodiment of what they were always talking about in the Namek Saga - the real Legendary Super Saiyan, a dude so powerful that it just drove him completely batshit insane.
Of course I was informed this was a complete anime invention, even in Namek. But whatever.

Plus Broly has instigated some of the best (worst) debates in DBZ when it comes to power levels and all that.

I still can't believe that's Edward Elric.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

NikkolasKing posted:

I will admit that I always liked Broly. he was the embodiment of what they were always talking about in the Namek Saga - the real Legendary Super Saiyan, a dude so powerful that it just drove him completely batshit insane.
Of course I was informed this was a complete anime invention, even in Namek. But whatever.

Plus Broly has instigated some of the best (worst) debates in DBZ when it comes to power levels and all that.

Apparently every time they need new lines for him in the games, the first thing Vic Mignogna hears when he's called is "Vic, I'm sorry but..."

Broly is all right for what he is, a big monster truck of a Saiyan made of three tons of cackling, screaming meat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NikkolasKing posted:

Yeah, I liked Broly for the longest while despite not having even seen the movies (I read the comic adaptation of the movie, I think) because he was just so loving strong and powerful and always screaming while beating the poo poo out of the main characters with wrestling moves and none of the punching a dude ineffectually a dozen times in a split second poo poo. It made an impression on me, and I thought he was so cool.

I also liked Future Trunks too, cause he was so dark and edgy but also because he had a sword and swords were cool.

Now, and mainly because of Team Fourstar, Piccolo is probably my favorite character.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Oh hey speaking of Broly, over in Dragon Ball Heroes, well...

it's happening. All the fanfics are coming true and you can't stop them.:supaburn:
Still waiting for Super Saiyan Pan...

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jul 17, 2014

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

StrifeHira posted:

Still waiting for Super Saiyan Pan...

We all are my friend.

I remember Pan's character profile blurb thing in BT3 said she couldn't turn Super Saiyan because she was only 1/4 Saiyan.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

NikkolasKing posted:

We all are my friend.

I remember Pan's character profile blurb thing in BT3 said she couldn't turn Super Saiyan because she was only 1/4 Saiyan.
I can't believe I'm going to use GT as proof here but:
GT's ending itself itself (the series where pan actually became a character) had like 1/16th ones going all SSJ on us so that's BS. :v:

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Maybe being a Super Saiyan is a sex-linked trait on the Y chromosome. :downs:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

The claim was based on one of the GT Perfect Guides... which was immediately proven wrong with Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. (both of whom are 1/16th) going Super Saiyan.
The next Perfect Guide immediately reversed that claim. Toriyama's gone on record that he just never made the design for her.

Factory Factory posted:

Maybe being a Super Saiyan is a sex-linked trait on the Y chromosome. :downs:

Nope. :v:

This is why Dragon Ball Heroes dragging its feet getting to a Super Saiyan Pan baffles me.
There's already three other girls, and they can all go up to Super 3!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Did they ever explain why your eyebrows disappear when you go SSJ3?

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Ape-like brow ridge.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You see how much hair they have? The eyebrows probably go to that.

Also yeah Esroc is right.

If you notice the girls who are SSJ3, they still have their brows.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Neo_Crimson posted:

I believe it was intended to make them look like Neanderthals.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Just retcon it that Pan inherited the Mystic powerup. She gets to kickass now that she's aware she's 160 million times stronger than before and it explains why GT decided to make Gohan transform again.

Pay me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Was it explicitly said Gohan couldn't go Super Saiyan anymore?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wasn't SSJ 3 kind of a joke form to begin with? It's kind of weird...whatever that is has it as the base form for the Saiyans.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

WickedHate posted:

Was it explicitly said Gohan couldn't go Super Saiyan anymore?

Not really. I mean, the only thing I remember was the Kai saying that there's no point in going SSJ anymore because Mystic Gohan is his most powerful form.

Hell didn't the movie made him go SSJ? :v:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I think all SSj would do is waste energy.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Shindragon posted:

Not really. I mean, the only thing I remember was the Kai saying that there's no point in going SSJ anymore because Mystic Gohan is his most powerful form.

The only ones set after he has this powerup are Wrath of the Dragon and Battle of Gods (kinda unclear with Fusion Reborn) and he doesn't go Super Saiyan in any of them. There was a preview video or poster or something of Battle of Gods that showed him going SSJ but that was apparently an error and they fixed it in the movie.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Shindragon posted:

I believe that was an unused scene.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Gohan goes SSj during both the failed and the successful power transfers to create SSj God. I just double-checked it myself on my copy.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Webbeh posted:

I believe that was an unused scene.

It was an error. The preview had him going SSJ but when it was pointed out by hordes of rabid fans they quickly went back and redrew the scene to have him power-up in a way consistent with his mystic power-up in the anime.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, but that's different. Super Saiyan God probably specifically needed super saiyan shenanigans. It's not Gohan was gonna go out there and fight in that form.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah, but that's different. Super Saiyan God probably specifically needed super saiyan shenanigans. It's not Gohan was gonna go out there and fight in that form.
What about Pan then!?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Steve Jorbs posted:

What about Pan then!?

Super Saiyan Fetus! :ssj:

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

AlternateNu posted:

Super Saiyan Fetus! :ssj:

Toriyama will make things right.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Shindragon posted:

Old Kai also told Gohan to do that Super Saiyan thing to use his mystic powerup. It just overwrote the blonde.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wanna see Super Saiyan Raditz and Super Saiyan Nappa. :saddowns:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8HM0dOL6Q4

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Oh god it's everything I wanted that scene to be. :swoon:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

It's just like they say, the best clips are always released early.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh...my...loving...GOD.

I wonder what Team Four Star could possibly do with this.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh...my...loving...GOD.

Nothing. It's perfect already. :allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I suspect that is the best part of that movie.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
One of the best parts. Battle of Gods is a good movie if you aren't expecting full on fights. It is a very silly rear end movie.

You know why Bills decides to gently caress up the earth?

loving Fat Buu was being an rear end in a top hat not sharing the pudding

If that doesn't convince you Battle of the Gods is great. Well I don't know what to tell you.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh...my...loving...GOD.

I wonder, do they have a Japanese fanbase? I know that Yugioh Abriged had one and DBZ multiverse is translate into Japanese as well.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Life is good.

MastG
May 25, 2014
Oh Christ I almost had English Vegeta's singing spoiled for me, I wanna wait to see it on the big screen so it's at maximum silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

e X posted:

I wonder, do they have a Japanese fanbase? I know that Yugioh Abriged had one and DBZ multiverse is translate into Japanese as well.

The first 8 episodes are up on NicoNico Douga, and seemed to get a good reception, but no new translations have been done for years.

Shame really, I get a kick out of Japanese fans reacting to western takes on Japanese media.

• Locked thread