Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

RBX posted:

I like this a lot. Especially since WM wasn't the usual "reset everything".

I mean, for me, it's simple as poo poo. Have Cesaro last eliminate Sheamus, feud goes to Summerslam to unify the two midcard titles. Not that the titles mean anything, but it is one less title for them to make when they're already in cost cutting mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Daniel Bryan posted:

Few news bits from PWInsider:

• The Big Gold Belt is supposed to be retired now
  • All new belts after Summerslam with new logo.

I'll be sad to see the BGB gone, wish they'd just kept that one going forward.

DukeofCA posted:

What is that face Ryder is making?

:smug: with broken throttle.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Gonz posted:

I wonder if they'll keep a similar design with the WWE title, and just replace the scratch logo with the new logo.

I wish they'd bring back the unified title design. That was one of my favorite belts. :(

As long as they keep the two belt look, I think it's rad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

I mean, for me, it's simple as poo poo. Have Cesaro last eliminate Sheamus, feud goes to Summerslam to unify the two midcard titles. Not that the titles mean anything, but it is one less title for them to make when they're already in cost cutting mode.

It also makes Cesaro look good, assuming he goes over.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

BigRed0427 posted:

As long as they keep the two belt look, I think it's rad.

Big Gold is gone.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The Big Gold belt is my favourite belt :( It actually looks like something worthy of being the top prize.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Daniel Bryan posted:

Cesaro? That's a funny way of spelling Bo Dallas. :smug:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

pressedbunny posted:

The Big Gold belt is my favourite belt :( It actually looks like something worthy of being the top prize.

It looks like a professional wrestling championship. So, it must be destroyed to make way for a Mattel-approved plastic toy with shiney bits.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"We have the richest prize in the game, with a near century of prestige and history? NOPE THROW IT OUT, we got Cena merch to hock!" - Kevin Dunn, now, probably.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

"We have the richest prize in the game, with a near century of prestige and history? NOPE THROW IT OUT, we got Cena merch to hock!" - Kevin Dunn, now, probably.

The Big Gold Belt has at most 23 years of history. The new WWE title looks cool too. (Granted a belt that looks like the one WWE uses was used as the NWA title in the 80s, but it isn't the same belt nor can it claim that lineage.)

I am a big fan of having two belts, but let's not make things up.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MassRafTer posted:

The Big Gold Belt has at most 23 years of history. (Since it's not even the same physical belt or the same exact design that was used as the NWA title in the 80s.)

Haha I thought the NWA title and lineage seamlessly transitioning to the WCW title and thus the WHC was actual and legit! Basically I got worked by Jim Crockett, before my birth!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I guess this was the special project Dave Millican was talking about on Stone Cold's podcast earlier this year.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I guess this was the special project Dave Millican was talking about on Stone Cold's podcast earlier this year.

Yeah, I figured the world title would get a makeover with the new logo but I didn't expect new designs for all the belts. The tag titles needed scrapped a while ago

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

schweens posted:

Yeah, I figured the world title would get a makeover with the new logo but I didn't expect new designs for all the belts. The tag titles needed scrapped a while ago

They're going to want to make sure the new logo's on everything, not shocked. Gonna miss the two belt look though, wish they'd do a minor update to the WWE BGB and continue to use both.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm surprised it didn't get spoiled or make the news sites, but WWE suffered another tragic loss this week with a freak accident on Smackdown - Luke Harper's only shirt got torn. :gonk:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

I'm surprised it didn't get spoiled or make the news sites, but WWE suffered another tragic loss this week with a freak accident on Smackdown - Luke Harper's only shirt got torn. :gonk:

RIP.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

The best part of the Fingerpoke of Doom was Nash's very modest ring introduction.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Trigger warning

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

Adam Rose and Damien Sandow were pulled from the Battle royal ;_;

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Boooooooooooooooooooo, why'd they pull Sandow, I didn't watch Smackdown because it's Smackdown and there was nothing there that I particularly wanted to see.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

omgomgomg posted:

Adam Rose and Damien Sandow were pulled from the Battle royal ;_;

The Usos were plugging Sonic on Smackdown so maybe these are the newest cuts!!!!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I assume they're going to have a match to promote Jack-in-the-Box or whatever.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

:fry: I GET IT

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sanguinia posted:

Cesaro? That's a funny way of spelling Bo Dallas. :smug:

Bo Dallas? That's a funny way of spelling The Miz :smuggo:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Blasmeister posted:

Bo Dallas? That's a funny way of spelling The Miz :smuggo:

The Miz? That's a funny way of spelling Kofi "The Intercontinental Championship Made Me Who I Am Today," Kingston :smugbert:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I think either Ambrose loses but still "hurts" Rollins (maybe Pillman his leg or something). Or Ambrose stops Rollins from cashing in again. Cena thinks he is safe but Brockle Snar comes out of the crowd (I loved his in ring debut) and takes him out.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I will be very bummed if Sandow is released.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.

Sanguinia posted:

The Miz? That's a funny way of spelling Kofi "The Intercontinental Championship Made Me Who I Am Today," Kingston :smugbert:

Excuse me he lost to Alberto Del Rio so clearly Alberto is in favor of winning the IC belt now :cool:

Wazzat? He's not even in the Battle Royale? Oh.

So then what was the point of him beating Kofi "the guy that defeated the winner of the Andre The Giant Battle Royale, The King of Swing, Paul Heyman's Client that didn't break the Undertaker's streak at wrestlemania, CESARO *air raid siren*" Kingston!?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

DingoSlasher posted:

Excuse me he lost to Alberto Del Rio so clearly Alberto is in favor of winning the IC belt now :cool:

Wazzat? He's not even in the Battle Royale? Oh.

So then what was the point of him beating Kofi "the guy that defeated the winner of the Andre The Giant Battle Royale, The King of Swing, Paul Heyman's Client that didn't break the Undertaker's streak at wrestlemania, CESARO *air raid siren*" Kingston!?

I'm honestly at a total loss as to why Del Rio won that match. He's not even wrestling at the Pay Per View why does he need to win a match on the last show before it?

Also does this make Del Rio linear champion or did Kofi drop it to someone?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
The Miz is winning the IC Title Rumble and WH2K will groan.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Beautiful Ninja posted:

The Miz is winning the IC Title Rumble and WH2K will groan.

Not if Wade is nice enough to break Miz's jaw as he presents it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Paulocaust posted:

I will be very bummed if Sandow is released.

For real, Sandow's legit my favorite wrestleman over the likes of Rollins and Ambrose.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The fact that Barret is presenting the title is the reason why I'm convinced Bo will win it. The pop he'll get by Bullhammering Bo's punchable face will make people rabid for him to return and Bo can keep the feud going for months just by cutting promo's about how Barret doesn't Bo-Lieve and he is a stinky meanface so he'll never recover from his injury.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shima Honnou posted:

Boooooooooooooooooooo, why'd they pull Sandow, I didn't watch Smackdown because it's Smackdown and there was nothing there that I particularly wanted to see.

He wasn't on the MITB card, but he still went out there and did a match with Rose.

Maybe we'll be lucky again.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

Shima Honnou posted:

For real, Sandow's legit my favorite wrestleman over the likes of Rollins and Ambrose.

And he's spun his poo poo gimmick into gold every time he's been on television. If nothing else, have him manage the Vaudevillains or something.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Bo's gonna win because when Wade comes back we're going to get the nuclear feud of the most optimistic heel possible vs his pessimist face counterpart.

And I will love every loving second of it.

If Sandow's gone though, I'm going to be legit depressed. He's so, so good. SO GOOD.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Shine posted:

The best part of the Fingerpoke of Doom was Nash's very modest ring introduction.

I never realized he had a solid 1 1/2 minutes of pyro during his introduction. That is glorious...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I never realized he had a solid 1 1/2 minutes of pyro during his introduction. That is glorious...

My favorite part is still him looking surprised and attempting to keep a straight face and not laugh when it just keeps going off.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Shine posted:

Was the NWO Hollywood vs NWO Wolf Pac thing drawing and/or over with the audience?

I remember when I was in Middle School in Minnesota which NWO team you repped was a huge deal. Kids were coming into school with their Red and Black and Black and White t-shirts and spending the whole lunch period talking about it. Everyone loved Goldberg, but as far as I could tell he was a close second-place to your NWO team of choice.

Based on my anecdotal experience that match between Nash and Hogan should have been a Big 4 PPV Main Event, and probably merit all that grandiose over the top pyro and smarmy ring announcing to give it that Big Match Feel. Granted most of the NWO spinoff poo poo was awful and they really ran it into the ground, but that central feud between the good and evil NWO seemed like a big deal in my world, so I'm curious how it was with the world at large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
"Kevin Nash, Citizen of the World" sounds like political thriller airport fiction.

• Locked thread