Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

lmgtfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

TwoPair posted:

Earth 2 #25: Hawkgirl just saved Flash from Beguiler (an evil New God from Apokolips who had Flash captive and was torturing him) but eventually gets caught by Beguiler's army...

So straight up ripoff of Ultimates 2 when Quicksilver did the same thing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is that supposed to be Jay Garrick?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Fried Chicken posted:

Also what happened with Savitar

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 18, 2014

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

By not defending them when they ask stupid loving questions.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Furious Lobster posted:

You're a cool person :) I had just asked because I had remembered seeing the gifs here a long time ago, I figured someone might have had them at hand or saved. I learned my lesson and I'll be sure to google for things from now on though. :)

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Also what happened with Savitar

Yeah I shoud have caught up on the thread where someone made these points instead of :protarget: but welp

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Furious Lobster posted:

He was asking for panels in a thread dedicated to panels, no need to be weirdly dickish about it for no reason.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

OldTennisCourt posted:

He was asking for panels in a thread dedicated to panels, no need to be weirdly dickish about it for no reason.

It's not like they're particularly hard to find, unless its your opinion that telling someone to go use google is being "weirdly dickish"

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

zoux posted:

Is that supposed to be Jay Garrick?

The New 52 Earth 2 Jay Garrick, yes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That is a dumbass costume.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Furious Lobster posted:

It's not like they're particularly hard to find, unless its your opinion that telling someone to go use google is being "weirdly dickish"

Notice how someone actually responded to their request with the panels instead of using Let Me Google that For You to throw down a sick burn. It wasn't that tough, stop getting pissed off about comics.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 18, 2014

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

OldTennisCourt posted:

Notice how someone actually responded to their request with the panels instead of using Let Me Google that For You to throw down a sick burn. It wasn't that tough, stop getting pissed off about comics.

I'm really not all that irked but thanks for making those assumptions on my behalf; rather, I believe that you're the one getting all roiled up over nothing - stop with the 3rd party indignation already. While others may want to do the incredibly easy searching for the OP, so be it.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Are you guys through?

Silver Surfer #35

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fried Chicken posted:

It also reminded me a bit of when Superboy-Prime got stuffed into the Speed Zone.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Since people keep talking about that Quicksilver scene I'll throw in that the best part is the following page where Hawkeye is like "Hey Pietro, what are you standing around for, help me out you lazy butt." and Quicksilver just looks at him, sweat dripping from his face, with this great exasperated look.

Doesn't matter what universe it is, that's probably the most "Quicksilver" panel I can think of.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

So Rat Queens still has the best fight scenes:

All from Rat Queens #7.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fumaofthelake posted:

Since people keep talking about that Quicksilver scene I'll throw in that the best part is the following page where Hawkeye is like "Hey Pietro, what are you standing around for, help me out you lazy butt." and Quicksilver just looks at him, sweat dripping from his face, with this great exasperated look.

Doesn't matter what universe it is, that's probably the most "Quicksilver" panel I can think of.

Nah, most Quicksilver page ever is the PMS scene from X-Factor. Full stop.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

That is a dumbass costume.

Eh, to be fair, the Earth 2 Jay got his power from Mercury (the God), and he kinda apparently made up the costume himself without realizing it. He thought it was part of the whole "Hey, Mercury gave me his power and this suit!" but it turned out he kinda made his own suit up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ror posted:

Are you guys through?

Silver Surfer #35

I'm beginning to think the real reason Thanos wants the gauntlet is so that he may create a gently caress to give.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

wiegieman posted:

All from Rat Queens #7.

This is great stuff; I love how visceral it "feels"

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
When I was a kid I remember being blown away by Moon Knight's guest turn in some Spider-Man comic (this was in the 90s, and it was the first time I ever saw MK). I recall there being a lot of badass moments but a google search hasn't helped me find any. Anyone have any of them handy? Or was my badass detector set pretty low back then?

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
If it was Mark Bagley on the art then it was most likely in the "Round Robin" storyline in ASM issues #355 to #359.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Commissar Of Doom posted:

If it was Mark Bagley on the art then it was most likely in the "Round Robin" storyline in ASM issues #355 to #359.

I never paid attention to credits back then (and still rarely do), so I've got no clue whatsoever :saddowns:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

wiegieman posted:

All from Rat Queens #7.

Since there isn't a Rat Queens thread I'll ask this here: who is Lola? Is she Land's wife and this is a flashback or was the hall she went to the guards office and it was showing Land removing all the opposition through mercenaries?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was going to use this Rat Queens panel as an avatar, but it's difficult to read the text when it's shrunk down.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Say Nothing posted:

I was going to use this Rat Queens panel as an avatar, but it's difficult to read the text when it's shrunk down.

Clone over the bubble and use it for the text underneath

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Bandette #4

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Uthor posted:

Bandette #4

The dude looks so bored watching those two fight it out.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Opopanax posted:

Clone over the bubble and use it for the text underneath

Here you go, SN.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Fried Chicken posted:

Since there isn't a Rat Queens thread I'll ask this here: who is Lola? Is she Land's wife and this is a flashback or was the hall she went to the guards office and it was showing Land removing all the opposition through mercenaries?

Lola is sawyer's deputy, and the one in charge of the city guard in his absence. The comic doesn't confirm it, but my impression from the latest issue is that she's a former merc/thug herself with past dealings with the octet she just wiped out. And yeah, they'd apparently already wiped out the rest of the city guard.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
She's the only one he trusts, so basically she has a gigantic target on her back from plot devicium.

Still, badass lady though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

The dude looks so bored watching those two fight it out.

He's not the only one.

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Re-reading Morrison's New X-Men run on Marvel Unlimited, enjoyed these two pages from the final issue of the Planet X arc (set up: Magneto has gone crazier than usual and taken over Manhattan, Fantomex is awesome)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

tenniseveryone posted:

Re-reading Morrison's New X-Men run on Marvel Unlimited, enjoyed these two pages from the final issue of the Planet X arc (set up: Magneto has gone crazier than usual and taken over Manhattan, Fantomex is awesome)

Ha! Totally forgot about that. Awesome. If AXIS is gonna go the way most people think its gonna go I have a feeling that Scott will be doing something similar to that soon.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Did Cyke just blow Magneto's head off? That's pretty hardcore.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ashcans posted:

So the "Nn! WHUUI Oh" is coming from his headless neck? :black101:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

prefect posted:

So the "Nn! WHUUI Oh" is coming from his headless neck? :black101:

More like Scott creaming his pants over killing Magneto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ashcans posted:

No, he just blew the helmet up.

Wolverine ends up cutting Magneto's head off shortly after this.