Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I see they have the indy/f1 brake lights on their cars too. Looks like euro nascar is a little less strict on car designs judging from wipers being in different positions on the car.

Still though

Cannot Find Server posted:

Europe: better at oval racing than the United States

Hold true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Running in the rain at a short track would be fine. NASCAR doesn't run that many short tracks. Goodyear isn't going to pay to develop rain tires for those short tracks, and lug them to the track, when most of the time it doesn't rain at those tracks.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

L_Harrison posted:

The gently caress? They're actually holding quite a bit of speed for being an oval in the rain. They could easily race in the rain in the Cup series on tracks a mile or less in length, but no the world's top drivers are regulated by the biggest pussy of a sanctioning body.

Yeah I was saying earlier there is nothing in physics that prevents this. It really makes no sense not too, especially since they get like a 80% ratings hit for rain races. More financial sense to do this than trying to monetize the Air Titan II and building an artificial need for it. :cripes:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
NASCAR: "Well the track is drying up here at Daytona, who is going to change from wets to slicks in this next round of pit st-TROUBLE! Trouble turn 2! Jeff Gordon and Jr. get together after Gordon's tire absolutely explodes going into the turn. Something we feared could happen, these rain tires really can't stand the heat of a drying track for long."

SASCAR: "loving Goodyear :smug:"

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

VikingSkull posted:

NASCAR: "Well the track is drying up here at Daytona, who is going to change from wets to slicks in this next round of pit st-TROUBLE! Trouble turn 2! Jeff Gordon and Jr. get together after Gordon's tire absolutely explodes going into the turn. Something we feared could happen, these rain tires really can't stand the heat of a drying track for long."

SASCAR: "loving Goodyear :smug:"

See, its the same as in the dry!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Only without an innerliner! Much more carnage :black101:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Helps that the track is flat as all gently caress, but thats pretty cool.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

L_Harrison posted:

The gently caress? They're actually holding quite a bit of speed for being an oval in the rain. They could easily race in the rain in the Cup series on tracks a mile or less in length, but no the world's top drivers are regulated by the biggest pussy of a sanctioning body.

Europe: better at oval racing than the United States

Y'all realize that's a parking lot they're racing in right?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Yeah what NASCAR needs to do is emulate european car racing. poo poo let's just let FIA take over! They're even more european!! More european more better!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

loving pussy rear end sanctioning body, not like that Indycar where people get killed/dismembered every other year!

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Peanut President posted:

Get mad about Bowman Grey running around an old running track circling an old football field!

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

pnut are you ok

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Cygni posted:

pnut are you ok

i have his address, should I call in a wellness check to the local pd?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it's just the Alzheimer's

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

You guys are literally driving me crazy.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
If Nascar did run an unsafe high speed oval in the rain, any deaths would still be unforeseeable up until Nascar announced a several-track initiative to make running ovals in the rain safer. Which would go on to become mostly-mandatory after the next set of deaths, and then be perfectly safe after the car is redesigned in the new gen to prevent the original deaths. After which point any subsequent deaths go back to being categorized as unforeseeable.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

That track looks about as banked as New Hampshire, Phoenix, Richmond etc.

Nobody is calling for rain tires on highly banked tracks, but there's no reason it can't work on flat tracks.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Peanut President posted:

Yeah what NASCAR needs to do is emulate european car racing. poo poo let's just let FIA take over! They're even more european!! More european more better!

Man I'm so psyched that the RTA is going to become a thing.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

FuzzySkinner posted:

It worked out so wonderfully for Penske last time...

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

FuzzySkinner posted:

We've yet to see how much they're going to lobby on poo poo. My only expectation is they want a bigger piece of the money pie and probably open up sponsorship and cut costs. We'll see if they bother to get chase after Brian Franceh, the chase, or anything have to do with the car, tracks, or points.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So JWT and SRA are on the front row for the ARCA race today. Dis gon be good.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

BMB5150 posted:

We've yet to see how much they're going to lobby on poo poo. My only expectation is they want a bigger piece of the money pie and probably open up sponsorship and cut costs. We'll see if they bother to get chase after Brian Franceh, the chase, or anything have to do with the car, tracks, or points.

I'm hoping the end scenario is Brian France is exiled to St. Helena.

American auto racing would be so much better with him and his stupid family removed from the equation.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

BMB5150 posted:

My bet is they are after the TV money and some exclusive right, e.g. Hendrick becomes the supplier of engines for all Chevy teams. They're pretty close to that being the de facto case already so it seems like easy pickings.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

gret posted:

So JWT and SRA are on the front row for the ARCA race today. Dis gon be good.

:getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

please sra, don't hurt 'em

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

PUT HIM IN A BODY BAG

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

quoting. this.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Is the ARCA race on TV?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Is the ARCA race on TV?

It's on FS2. SRA's winning, if you didn't hear.

please sra, don't hurt 'em

Do it!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Elitist Bitch posted:

It's on FS2. SRA's winning, if you didn't hear.

That's why I'm asking! I've just been following on twitter

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It'll reair on FS1 at 3AM Eastern. Streams are available in #nascar.

Go Our Man Spence.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
SRA gon win dis

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

It'll reair on FS1 at 3AM Eastern. Streams are available in #nascar.

Go Our Man Spence.

VikingSkull posted:

SRA gon win dis

I blame you two for jinxing it.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm sorry SRA

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Hey, SRA, we're still with you, man. Gave it a helluva run today!

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Peanut President posted:

You guys are literally driving me crazy.

Peanut is the best poster.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

I'm sorry SRA

I'd laugh if SRA said in his interview said "I blame a Viking for screwing me over."

Anyways good to see you got your mile and a half program up to snuff. Got a 11th last week and a potentially winning car, you got momentum on your side and just keep it up and we'll have Ray Dunlap wonder why you said stairs in your interview.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Why can't the god drat 54 blow up when Kyle's in it? :(

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

devmd01 posted:

This owns so much. Are those leftover pre-COT chassis shipped over??
Canadian tire series spec cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

Running in the rain at a short track would be fine. NASCAR doesn't run that many short tracks. Goodyear isn't going to pay to develop rain tires for those short tracks, and lug them to the track, when most of the time it doesn't rain at those tracks.
Solution: more short tracks on the schedule.

As an added bonus, there would be more short tracks on the schedule.

• Locked thread