Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Drakkel posted:

THANK YOU

Seriously, the guy bullshits up a turkey dinner and suddenly he's our best friend? What the actual hell???

Even a bullshit turkey dinner still has mashed potatoes. Stop being so crazy and enjoy the meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is. They could probably find another anyway.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

thetoughestbean posted:

I'm still really surprised that no one has an issue that Slots flat out stole something important to avoiding the end of the world and refuses to give it back!

I really understand Scarlett's distrust and exasperation, especially with Rip and Mint.

But he's so COOL.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Drakkel posted:

THANK YOU

Seriously, the guy bullshits up a turkey dinner and suddenly he's our best friend? What the actual hell???

You say that like the Rogue Elements aren't the perpetrators of the most high profile thefts in history, or like the thing he stole wasn't already stolen, or like you weren't in Regulus to steal something in the first place.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

SlothfulCobra posted:

You say that like the Rogue Elements aren't the perpetrators of the most high profile thefts in history, or like the thing he stole wasn't already stolen, or like you weren't in Regulus to steal something in the first place.

REPLACE, not STEAL. You'll see, when the one with the REAL magic saves the day!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

SlothfulCobra posted:

Except Slots's goal isn't the aversion of the end of life as we know it. He's just some kleptomaniac.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

thetoughestbean posted:

Except Slots's goal isn't the aversion of the end of life as we know it. He's just some kleptomaniac.

When it comes to RPGs there isn't really a difference. Petty theft will save the world, one stolen potion at a time!

John Liver
May 4, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

Such is the nature of the one-armed bandit.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Drakkel posted:

REPLACE, not STEAL. You'll see, when the one with the REAL magic saves the day!

Bella?

HardHead
Nov 4, 2009

Bouncer, Hey bouncer.

Margaret the Arrowmancer.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Hey now. That's a strong accusation. He gathers things to make himself a better person.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

HardHead posted:

Margaret the Arrowmancer.

I'm reasonably sure RIP SMOULDERBOULDER is the only one who casts real magic in this party.

Ambisagrus
Jun 27, 2008

i am only a man

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I'm reasonably sure RIP SMOULDERBOULDER is the only one who casts real magic in this party.

I mean at the very least it's a kind of magic.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Ambisagrus posted:

You magnificent fucker

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Ambisagrus posted:

how long have you had that one prepared?

who cares, it was great

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
...I don't get it.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

Gensuki posted:

...I don't get it.

Don't worry, I'm sure one shaft of light will show the way.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Gensuki posted:

...I don't get it.

Go watch the first Highlander movie, then maybe it'll make sense.

Even if it doesn't, you'll have watched a pretty rad movie.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of Slots, and I think he has the potential to be very entertaining.However, the party needs to stop being so blasé about him walking around with the Hellmouth on his lapel. They're already down one due Nav's theft of the Cornerstone.

I like the party's antics, but it starts to get frustrating when it feels like they don't actually care about what they're trying to achieve in the long run (i.e., the prevention of the apocalypse.)

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant
This is why I have so many characters. One key apiece, I'm saving the world by my drat self.

I wrote the plot of Claude being the scroll, too. THE WORLD IS MINE

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PlasmaMan posted:

This is why I have so many characters. One key apiece, I'm saving the world by my drat self.

Oh, oh no.

Incidentally, why did you switch characters? Is it permanent or only temporary?

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

Oh, oh no.

Incidentally, why did you switch characters? Is it permanent or only temporary?

People have been worried that this is another Kensington situation, but not so. With Kensington, he reached a roleplay dead end-- there just wasn't much more I could do with him, and it wasn't fun anymore. Nav, on the other hand, still has a lot of interesting potential, he just needs a bit of mystery time to reach it after what I consider his darkest hour. He'll be back.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

PlasmaMan posted:

What's up with that guy, anyway? He still doing things?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Drakkel posted:

What's up with that guy, anyway? He still doing things?

He's obviously met up with Nav so that they can go on a world-saving quest without the rest of the party. Now they just are waiting for Slots to steal the Cog from the party and they'll finish the quest themselves.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

PlasmaMan posted:

People have been worried that this is another Kensington situation, but not so. With Kensington, he reached a roleplay dead end-- there just wasn't much more I could do with him, and it wasn't fun anymore. Nav, on the other hand, still has a lot of interesting potential, he just needs a bit of mystery time to reach it after what I consider his darkest hour. He'll be back.

That's good to hear, though I was thinking it was more of a "Kod situation"-- you switched to Witch Bwoy near the end and Robocop was never heard from again.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
We all think 13th Age is pretty cool, but is it the Best Game, the Best Rules, or Product of the Year? Maybe! That's up to the voting public for the ENNies, the annual RPG awards given out at Gencon every summer. Voting is open to all if you're interested: http://ennie-awards.com/vote/

Also Pelgrane Press, publisher of the game, made this free sampler of all their products nominated this year: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/132862/ENnies-Sampler-2014

A Wooden Palisade
May 23, 2009

none of them want to fight me like you do

thetoughestbean posted:

However, the party needs to stop being so blasé about him walking around with the Hellmouth on his lapel. They're already down one due Nav's theft of the Cornerstone.

I like the party's antics, but it starts to get frustrating when it feels like they don't actually care about what they're trying to achieve in the long run (i.e., the prevention of the apocalypse.)

Half of the party reacted unfavorably to him, but he willingly followed us around until we could find him a replacement part to consume. Considering we were there for another one of those keys and he was willing to stay with us, there wasn't really much of a reason to start a fight with him. Now, if he tried to leave with the core...

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Ikks are you going to be using high wierdness a lot? If so, I presume it'll be Margaret taking the "cut that poo poo out" special feat on the chaos mage's page at the next level up?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Not only have we been working hard at our two ongoing campaigns, but we've been recording guest games as special episodes too! Our second one already has fanart, despite not even being finished. Here's a sneak peek!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

General Ironicus posted:

Not only have we been working hard at our two ongoing campaigns, but we've been recording guest games as special episodes too! Our second one already has fanart, despite not even being finished. Here's a sneak peek!

Whaaa that's super good!

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

General Ironicus posted:

Nobi??

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

A Wooden Palisade posted:

Half of the party reacted unfavorably to him, but he willingly followed us around until we could find him a replacement part to consume. Considering we were there for another one of those keys and he was willing to stay with us, there wasn't really much of a reason to start a fight with him. Now, if he tried to leave with the core...

I suppose you're right. I guess I was being a bit of a negative nancy.

I can't wait for the guest games!

Penultimatum
Apr 2, 2010

General Ironicus posted:

(Amazing Fanart)

What IS the person in the lower left of that picture? He looks like the younger brother of squid-faced Davy Jones from the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Only instead of a squid his head is actually a sea urchin.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Because of you guys I just ran my first session of Dungeon World, and it went really well! Thanks!

John Liver
May 4, 2009

General Ironicus posted:

Link to this artist please?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

John Liver posted:

Link to this artist please?

Sure thing.

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.
I am so hype for guest sessions

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Parts 3 and 4 of Session 47 will be up tomorrow, along with 47's podcasts. Speaking of podcasts, those who opted to wait for audio of 46... your time has come.

46 Compiled: Home

46-1: A Frolic with Fishermen

46-2: Entering Equinox

46-3: How to Build a Better Battlevan

46-4: Skyward Sellswords

featuring a new intro and outro jingle by Thylacinus Thylacine!

ikks fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 25, 2014

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
Really like the new intro and outro jingles. Also really digging the whole party member switch. Really wanted somebody to be a chaos mage and it is great to see. This will kind-of make the kill count learn more one way, but nothing I can do about that.

Episode 46

Amusement Park Count: 3

Prices Haggled: 0

Well Weighted Beds: 4

Transports Made: 1

Sweet Jumps: 1

No Combat

Might total kills: 154.5
Magic total kills: 135

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

:siren:BIG POST:siren:

brouhaha

Session 47 Compiled: Regulus
Podcast
Session 47 part 1: Salut, Slots
Video - Podcast
Session 47 part 2: Records of Regulus
Video- Podcast

and the new stuff:
:siren:Session 47 part 3: DU-4's Disappointment:siren:
Video- Podcast
:siren:Session 47 Finale: Clockwork Congé:siren:
Video- Podcast

Despite their successful replacement of the Cog of Regulus, DU-4 and his brethren cannot disobey their orders. The Elements begin their battle to escape the core of Regulus with heavy hearts, not knowing if their actions will mean death for this lonely floating city.

Music
The Fabricated Mirth suite by
Thylacinus Thylacine!

• Locked thread