Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ambystoma posted:

Oh, that makes more sense - at first glance I thought it was an offshore oil rig :downs:

I thought of Mike Mulligan's steam shovel and guessed the dude likes children's lit a bit too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
It's still pretty awkward though, it is on his face after all, and a tattoo of a tattoo gun is pretty much the tattooists own equivalent of that infinity love piece that chicks get.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Ambystoma posted:

Oh, that makes more sense - at first glance I thought it was an offshore oil rig :downs:

If only; there's a decent chance that dude's name is Derek.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

The White Dragon posted:

He wouldn't have made it anyway. Even without the tats, he's like the rapey, trenchcoaty version of Justin Timberlake, who hasn't been in vogue since the aughts

He sure is fairly famous now. Just for all the wrong reasons

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Ambystoma posted:

I honestly thought it was a Drill Press at first look. Just figured he was really committed to his job as a machinist.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
From Facebook:

This was the "best shot she could get" but ya know, looks REALLY good in person.

Also it was done in a motel room by a drug dealer.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Question, I've had suspicion that someone I know is a neo-nazi for a while now after reading a comment he made online. He's a super nice guy, very friendly and personable, generally "likes" any Facebook posts I make about anything social justice related...today I noticed a tattoo on his neck that says "blood and honor", and there's a bear head in front of a crest that is red and white, looks like a shield with a red slash. I googled the saying and its related neo-nazi culture, but he's also big into fantasy/warhammer so I wasn't sure if it was just tied to that and a weird coincidence. Anyone familiar with the imagery described above, or is this guy a nazi or what.

E: I did find one link tying it just to people of Nordic decent and "heathenry" , but it's one of those things that's just tugging at me :sigh:

54 40 or fuck has a new favorite as of 01:59 on Jul 22, 2014

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Toriori posted:

Question, I've had suspicion that someone I know is a neo-nazi for a while now after reading a comment he made online. He's a super nice guy, very friendly and personable, generally "likes" any Facebook posts I make about anything social justice related...today I noticed a tattoo on his neck that says "blood and honor", and there's a bear head in front of a crest that is red and white, looks like a shield with a red slash. I googled the saying and its related neo-nazi culture, but he's also big into fantasy/warhammer so I wasn't sure if it was just tied to that and a weird coincidence. Anyone familiar with the imagery described above, or is this guy a nazi or what.

E: I did find one link tying it just to people of Nordic decent and "heathenry" , but it's one of those things that's just tugging at me :sigh:

What did he say that made you suspicious? I mean I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to most people. "Never assume malice when the simple answer is stupidity", etc. IIRC Nazi's appropriated a lot of symbolism from other cultures and people in their campaign. "Blood and honor" strikes me as a very Norse/Viking kind of thing to mark your body with.

Is there any reason you couldn't just ask him subtly? "Hey, I've noticed your tattoos, what's the significance of that one?"

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Toriori posted:

if he never brings it up and acts chill just let it be. IMO

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
More or less every GIS of "blood and honor tattoo" is of completely unambiguous neo-nazis so ... if you were ALREADY mildly suspicious (how does that even happen?) I think you can call it :ms:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

fullroundaction posted:

More or less every GIS of "blood and honor tattoo" is of completely unambiguous neo-nazis so ... if you were ALREADY mildly suspicious (how does that even happen?) I think you can call it :ms:

Maybe he's a Strasserist? I mean, he would still be an antisemetic nazi retard, but slightly less so :yayclod:.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 04:14 on Jul 22, 2014

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Toriori posted:

Question, I've had suspicion that someone I know is a neo-nazi for a while now after reading a comment he made online. He's a super nice guy, very friendly and personable, generally "likes" any Facebook posts I make about anything social justice related...

lmao

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Toriori posted:

"blood and honor"

How old is he/it? Maybe he used to hang out with a more neo-nazi crowd and got a stupid tattoo when he was young, but now doesn't associate with them or believe in their ideology. That may explain a stray remark; people can change but it's usually not perfect.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

That or he just really likes the orcs from Warcraft.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

That or he just really likes the orcs from Warcraft.

I was thinking that too but isn't their quote Blood and Thunder?

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

JoelJoel posted:

This is a dumb detail. Can we at least veer it to GoT chat?

As you wish. Theres actually a surprising amount of not-poo poo GoT tattoos out there, was I found these:

edit: this one isnt really bad but looks like it's just going to be a big black blob in a few years

Bonus:

Psychobabble! has a new favorite as of 09:37 on Jul 22, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Psychobabble! posted:

As you wish. Theres actually a surprising amount of not-poo poo GoT tattoos out there, was I found these:

That first one amuses me because the wing just completely overlaps the imperial symbol on his shoulder.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

CzarChasm posted:

What did he say that made you suspicious? I mean I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to most people. "Never assume malice when the simple answer is stupidity", etc. IIRC Nazi's appropriated a lot of symbolism from other cultures and people in their campaign. "Blood and honor" strikes me as a very Norse/Viking kind of thing to mark your body with.

Is there any reason you couldn't just ask him subtly? "Hey, I've noticed your tattoos, what's the significance of that one?"

He said "skin heads for life" on a picture of himself and another bald friend, but it was one of those instances where maybe it was a joke? Oh well, like someone down thread said if he's chill maybe I can just let it lie, but the way you mentioned is pretty reasonable. He is obsessed with Vikings and poo poo and seems too chill, really.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Yeah, man, I mean, like, hitler was pretty chill so it's fine to let it slide.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Toriori posted:

He said "skin heads for life" on a picture of himself and another bald friend

Perhaps your friend and this other fellow keep their hair cropped and their style workman-like. You know, proper skinheads. Does your friend have an affinity for oi bands? Does he wear suspenders a lot?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
He's a big fat bald guy who wears kilts and has a plethora of ugly tattoos, and if share his hideous back piece if not for being on my phone.

54 40 or fuck has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Jul 22, 2014

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Perhaps your friend and this other fellow keep their hair cropped and their style workman-like. You know, proper skinheads. Does your friend have an affinity for oi bands? Does he wear suspenders a lot?

Yeah, a good friend of mine was a skin back in the 90s and he couldn't have given two shits about Nazis. Got around in jeans and docs and introduced me to oi and ska music. Nice bloke.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
he may have just picked it off the wall like a goober, Go by how he acts. If he's your friend and never said anything offensive or whatever, take him as he comes. No reason to make drama.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tracula posted:

I was thinking that too but isn't their quote Blood and Thunder?

No their quote is "zug zug" and "stop poking meeee!"

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
More terrible tattoos from a friend of a friend on Facebook.

How it drew it:

How it turned out:

Terrible

Fingers don't bend that way and why would anyone hold a knife like this.

Peace grenade. Don't mind the shittily done purple cloud… or the lovely tattoo.

He's bragging about doing this in Times New Roman.

Oh no.

The captain said the guy wanted Ice T's wife tattooed on him. Mmmm look at those curves.

Terrible

I can't even read this. Jeremy are ya onion?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Boris Galerkin posted:

How it drew it:

How it turned out:

It's a crappy idea, but I think the tattoo is better than the original drawing.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I can't decide if drawing it first then it coming out so awful is better or worse than just doing it freehand. On the one hand, they tried. On the other, they suck.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

I feel like Christians need some kind of artistic way of rendering a declaration of faith because there are too few bad shahada tattoos

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

I can't even read this. Jeremy are ya onion?

My guess is Jeremy Areya Orion, probably someone's name.

Edit: vvv GOD drat IT that's what I meant :suicide:

Psychobabble! has a new favorite as of 07:08 on Jul 23, 2014

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Psychobabble! posted:

My guess is Jeremy Areya Onion, probably someone's name.

I think the last is "Orion". Either someone's name, or their kids' names. Though with the name "Orion", all I can think is that drat cat from MIB, and I refuse to believe that this is anything but someone getting their pets' names tattooed on them. :colbert:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure that last word is onion.

Stuff.

Well done, but yikes!

Finally, ARRGGHH!

http://i.imgur.com/VPEYkFsl.jpg

Linked for body horror. This is apparently an allergic reaction to the ink.

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 10:30 on Jul 23, 2014

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

I don't think so, the style matches the other "r" characters in the other words.

Someone posted a list of serial killer tattoos on imgur. Most noteworthy(aka terrible) imo:

Ted Bundy hungry for some kanji :3:

:downs:

Tasteless and terrible, all in one shot.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Say Nothing posted:

Stuff.

If Sloth and Chunk had a baby what would it be called Slunk or Choth? .... Harby.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ugh delete that horrible allergic reaction photo.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Boris Galerkin posted:

The captain said the guy wanted Ice T's wife tattooed on him. Mmmm look at those curves.

I like big butts and I cannot draw.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Diabetes By Sundown posted:

Does anyone have a link to those tattoos that were a big thing in Sweden(?) that were like crudely drawn knives and snakes and other old-school prison tattoo type stuff? I think it was in the old tattoo thread but I can't find it.

Kinda like Harvey Keitel's:

Linnea Sjöberg's project Salong Flyttkartong (Cardboard box salon).

http://www.linneasjoberg.com/salongflyttkartong.php
http://www.tsnok.se/sv/2013/bilder/salong-flyttkartong-wine-liners-2012/1931/

She's not a tattoo artist, but an art artist and bleeding edge hipster who used tattoos on herself and others for a long term project.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

axolotl farmer posted:

Linnea Sjöberg's project Salong Flyttkartong (Cardboard box salon).

http://www.linneasjoberg.com/salongflyttkartong.php
http://www.tsnok.se/sv/2013/bilder/salong-flyttkartong-wine-liners-2012/1931/

She's not a tattoo artist, but an art artist and bleeding edge hipster who used tattoos on herself and others for a long term project.

It's die antwoord without the music

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

:nws:Almost Naked guy:nws:

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 14:21 on Jul 23, 2014

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Boris Galerkin posted:

More terrible tattoos from a friend of a friend on Facebook.

To save you reading the whole thing, the inevitable mistake is "ressurection" in the bottom row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cmdr Tomalak
Aug 13, 2007

How long shall we stare at each other across the Neutral Zone?

apsouthern posted:

To save you reading the whole thing, the inevitable mistake is "ressurection" in the bottom row

Also it's the old version of the Creed. That's either an old tattoo or dude hasn't been to Mass in the last 3 years. There's no real way to add the extra words on there either...

• Locked thread