Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Wow the despair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That was the best beach episode I've ever read.

Silly Voodoo
Mar 31, 2011

There will be no clipping!
New chapter of 14-sai no Koi. The creepy teacher isn't in this one thankfully.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
Nozaki deserves its own thread. The manga is funny and cute and the adaptation loses none of that. It's really good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ryas posted:

Nozaki deserves its own thread. The manga is funny and cute and the adaptation loses none of that. It's really good.

Good thing it has one, then.

Edit: Huh, could have sworn it had a thread. Whoops!

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I came in here to post about how good that anime is and you guys were already talking about the manga. Perfect!

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

New chapter of Nozaki is out

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/258026/gekkan-shoujo-nozaki-kun_ch47_by_roselia-scanlations

Seo is amazing per usual

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 14, 2014

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Seo will always be the best character.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I put up a thread for Nozaki. I'm not sure if we need to worry about segregating manga and anime discussion, but I don't think it'll be much of a problem.

Also, I like how Nozaki gets instantly distracted by some random couple.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ojojojo is looking to be a pretty cute series. It's a 4-koma in which an awkward and unsociable rich girl transfers to a school and becomes friends with a laid back, more or less equally unapproachable boy.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chocolat has finally been completely translated. I've been following this...jeez, for probably 10 years. Feels good to reach the end after all this time. I was getting a little worried there with the last few chapters as to how it was going to turn out, too. :ohdear:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Chocolat is awesome

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

More Nozaki

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/258359/gekkan-shoujo-nozaki-kun_ch48_by_roselia-scanlations

So that's what happened.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Everything Burrito posted:

Chocolat has finally been completely translated. I've been following this...jeez, for probably 10 years. Feels good to reach the end after all this time. I was getting a little worried there with the last few chapters as to how it was going to turn out, too. :ohdear:

This is a weird coincidence. I just started reading it last night after aimlessly browsing Batoto. I love Amon and the art is excellent.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. is finally back.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Between Smooth and Rough: Chapter 4
:frogbon:

Or any number of other frog-based emoticons that might apply.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

a kitten posted:

Between Smooth and Rough: Chapter 4
:frogbon:

Or any number of other frog-based emoticons that might apply.
Cute as usual. I'd definitely rather touch frogs than touch butterflies. They creep me out way more than amphibians. The butterfly house at the zoo was an absolute trial.
I think my manliness level just decreased and not jus because I'm posting in the shoujo thread.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Silly Voodoo posted:

New chapter of 14-sai no Koi. The creepy teacher isn't in this one thankfully.

"Hey this manga is pretty decent, the main couple's romance is cute and... What the actual gently caress is up with this teacher holy poo poo!" :stonk:
I kinda want to keep reading this for the parts that aren't... that... but someone needs to call the police. I just reached a bit where all the main characters were having a dream in a Romeo and Juliet style and as far as I can tell she's gone from just messing with Nagai to actually being interested. Someone make her stop.

edit on further reading: :stare:

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 21, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
But ~my fetishes~

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

I will see this face in my nightmares.

Silly Voodoo
Mar 31, 2011

There will be no clipping!

ActionZero posted:

I will see this face in my nightmares.

Same here. :stonk: The whole situation there is really hosed up. I've already decided to stop reading if it gets any worse than it already is, but for now I'm just skipping all of the pages the teacher is in.

It sucks that an otherwise good manga is being bogged down by the author's gross fetish. :smith:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
The weird part is how Nagai's responses seem fairly reasonable for his situation. He clearly has a bad home life and he's massively isolated at school so he's an easy target for her predations especially given how she's managed to worm herself into a position of huge authority over him, I could easily believe that a kid in his position would end up getting feelings for her. You could almost read it as a story about how immensely hosed up a teacher-student romance would really be but then her actions are clearly supposed to be viewed as romantic and cute, and they'll inevitably get married when he's older instead of her going to jail like she should.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Man how did such a cute story turn into a trainwreck so fast. Really wish fewer romance authors had age difference fantasies in their work.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Could we at least save the obligatory goon moral outrage for chapters in which she's actually present? We don't need to go "Oh good, no creeper teacher this chapter. Have I reminded you guys how much I angry I get over fiction recently?" every single time.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Sorry? I literally just picked it up and read through all 20 something chapters so I ended up seeing it for the first time just now. I'm not morally outraged, it's just kinda weird and gross for a teacher to prey on a middle school student like that.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Not talking to you specifically, this discussion in general seems to repeat every time 14 sai no Koi is mentioned in the thread, whether it was a chapter focusing on those two or not.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I guess in this case it's been started cause I just discovered the manga after following that link. Kinda hard to not comment on it when you've just read the whole thing.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 22, 2014

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This seems as bad a time and place as any to ask. :v:
Can anyone recommend some romance anime (or manga but preferably anime) similar to Aoi Hana? I... have a weak spot for yuri. But please no ecchi stuff.

I've already seen/read Strawberry Panic, Sasameki Koto, Marimite, Girl Friends, Blue Drop, Sakura Trick, Akuma no Riddle (if that counts) and then a whole lot of garbage I'd rather not remember.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Poil posted:

Can anyone recommend some romance anime (or manga but preferably anime) similar to Aoi Hana? I... have a weak spot for yuri. But please no ecchi stuff.

I've already seen/read Strawberry Panic, Sasameki Koto, Marimite, Girl Friends, Blue Drop, Sakura Trick, Akuma no Riddle (if that counts) and then a whole lot of garbage I'd rather not remember.

Poor Poor Lips is a pretty good yuri one you didn't mention there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you haven't read Octave then read that.

Also try The Flower and the Star. Story wise it's about as typically yuri as it gets, but it's also hilarious, has some great reaction faces and pretty good artwork.

Edit: Whoops you said no ecchi, Octave has sex in it because it's about two adults in a relationship but it's not the whole point.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 22, 2014

coathat
May 21, 2007

This is good yuri. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/from-aiu-station-on-the-hiragana-line-r10868

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Thanks, I'll check those out. :)

I don't really mind if the characters have sex as long as it doesn't get creepy.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Morinaga Milk (girl friends) has a cute one being translated called Secret Recipe.

Oh and Chatting at the Amber Teahouse

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

On the other side of the fence, is there any decent BL stuff that isn't creepy rapey crap?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Poil posted:

Definitely Octave as has been mentioned a few times already. Along with Secret Recipe, check out Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-blossom Pink which is also by the same author.

I'd also add everything by Takemiya Jin: http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/takemiya_jin she's an out lesbian herself which I think adds to the emotional punch of her stories.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

On the other side of the fence, is there any decent BL stuff that isn't creepy rapey crap?

Banana Fish is extremely good one of the all time great action mangas. Pattalliro is a classic gag series. While I've never read any of est em's BL stuff I've good things about them http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=est%20em&search-alias=books&sort=relevancerank

musouka
Apr 24, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Kinou Nani Tabeta (released in NA as "What Did You Eat Yesterday?") is a slice of life about a gay couple and cooking. No rape to be found. It's also quite good.

Someone else recommended Banana Fish, which is my all time favorite manga, period. There is generalized sexual violence in it, but I wouldn't remotely call it "creepy rapey", and there's nothing of the sort between the two protagonists.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Sakurazuka posted:

For Est Em, I like Ultras (Est Em's stuff gets weird, but not rapey. Ultras is pretty normal.).
Kuimonodokoro Akira by Yamashita Tomoko.
Himegoto Asobi by Sakuragi Yaya (has sex, though).
Kanemochi-kun to Binbou-kun by Hideyoshico

I just read and really liked the first volume of A New Season of Young Leaves by Tachibana Venio. First chapter is scanlated, but it's licensed and vol. 2 isn't out yet. Most they do is hold hands.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

And there's another Chapter, which is odd because I swore the previous chapter said there wouldn't be another until August. Oh well, I'm not complaining, and this chapter was kind of adorable :3:

uh not the start with the dead dad that was less adorable. the part with the goony brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

a kitten posted:

Definitely Octave as has been mentioned a few times already. Along with Secret Recipe, check out Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-blossom Pink which is also by the same author.

I'd also add everything by Takemiya Jin: http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/takemiya_jin she's an out lesbian herself which I think adds to the emotional punch of her stories.

Otsu Hiyori and Morishima Akiko are also really good authors to check out.