Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Davros1 posted:

I'm going to miss Elise. Sure she shouldn't have been there and was over her head, but at least she was cute.

I firmly believe this was a stealth medical problem elimination. Leslie's playing nicely with others and they need a punching bag. Who better than Cutter, the dumbest motherfucker?

Propaganda Machine posted:

I mean, I come from a hunting-friendly area and I don't think I've seen venison for sale except for this one out-of-the-way shack, and maybe a farmer's market or two.

Venison jerky is amazing and you need to put some in your mouth asap. Legit. Well-made venison jerky anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Can you buy it at a normal grocery store? I think you'd have to find a specialty place over here to find venison.

I mean, I come from a hunting-friendly area and I don't think I've seen venison for sale except for this one out-of-the-way shack, and maybe a farmer's market or two.

Yes, most supermarkets carry kangaroo these days. It's actually a reasonably popular meat over here year round for its rich, gamey flavour. One thing about Aussies is that we like our meat to have a fairly strong flavour (which makes that one aussie burger guy on Kitchen Nightmares even weirder, though his generation do tend to overcook their meat to buggery) so that's not a big turn-off for people. We also don't tend to use as many steak sauces as you yankees do.

This, incidentally, leads to the situation where the perfect barbecue would be created using American-style sauces but an Australian cook.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Venison jerky is amazing and you need to put some in your mouth asap. Legit. Well-made venison jerky anyway.

Elk jerky's even better.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ballz posted:

What the f, why isn't Hotel Hell up on Hulu? Pretty much every Fox show gets posted there, why leave out the one I actually missed?

Have you checked fox.com?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I firmly believe this was a stealth medical problem elimination. Leslie's playing nicely with others and they need a punching bag. Who better than Cutter, the dumbest motherfucker?

I remember in episode one how it looked like the producers were going to paint Elizabeth as the villain of the season, but by the end of episode two, they realized they had a goldmine in Courtney.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I don't know the laws in other countries, but it's illegal to sell hunted deer in the US. It makes sense, since there's no way to prove the meat was processed in accordance with FDA regulations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Mad Dragon posted:

I don't know the laws in other countries, but it's illegal to sell hunted deer in the US. It makes sense, since there's no way to prove the meat was processed in accordance with FDA regulations.

Does that mean that deer farms exist? I mean, there's jerky (and yeah I've had it it's great!), and you can order the stuff in restaurants.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Yes, deer farms are a thing. Especially in New Zealand: most of the USA's supply of retail venison is imported from Kiwi deer farms.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

There are deer farms in the US, but I think only a small percentage of their deer are sold for meat.

The article is old, but I'm sure the numbers haven't changed much over the years.

quote:

The United States has more than 7,800 elk and deer farms, with about 1,000 farms each in Texas and Pennsylvania. But the North American Deer Farmers Association estimates that only 20 percent of those farms produce venison for commercial sale. The others are hunting preserves and breeding stock farms, and in the United States it is illegal to sell venison from hunted deer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/16/AR2007101600380.html

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Anne Whateley posted:

Past seasons of Hotel Hell have been on Hulu as they aired. It might just take more than 24 hours to go up?

Fox often doesn't put stuff up until 8 days after it airs. Masterchef is a week behind unless you have Plus.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Bit surprised they're not putting the finale over two weeks. Come to think of it, there haven't been many two parters this season at all, have there?

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Kammat posted:

Bit surprised they're not putting the finale over two weeks. Come to think of it, there haven't been many two parters this season at all, have there?

Just one, I think...the calendar fiasco.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm pissed that its the finale and I'm still having to see Jason's stupid face.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
"Scott's got family. I don't need that poo poo."

From a guy who hates his family: Stay classy, Jason. :jerkbag:

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
"We get to hang out with Chef Ramsay!"

That's what you think. :munch:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I still can't believe anyone would marry Jason, let alone that she did. Not that she's a model, but she's still leagues above him, and that's before considering his personality.

PS look at me callin' it

Anne Whateley posted:

I think the cute guy is good, right? Like one of the quiet ones who flies below the radar and ends up making it to the finale. And Joy. If she doesn't flip out and start drama, I think she could win.

Anne Whateley posted:

I think Scott is really good, we should see him in the final few. Joy is looking like a likely winner. Rochelle should go farther than people are saying.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 25, 2014

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Kammat posted:

I don't think anything could be worse than the three week black jacket fest last year

I bet Gordons been waiting for years to be able to bro out with a couple of male finalists :3:

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

I still can't believe anyone would marry Jason, let alone that she did. Not that she's a model, but she's still leagues above him, and that's before considering his personality.

She's not his wife, she's his girlfriend...But your point still stands.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Hahahahahaha this is so drat unnecessary.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Ahh, the vacant, dead-eyed fake cheer of a paid extra. I know that look well.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Spoiler alert: 2-2 tie going into commercial.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
I hope this doesn't come down to the fifth vote :ohdear:

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

J-Spot posted:

That's what I thought until they do a point scale.

It'll be 41-33 heading to commercial.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

liltimshady posted:

That's what I thought until they do a point scale.

It'll be 41-33 heading to commercial.

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HELL'S KITCHEN HISTORY

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
A tie! SHOCKER!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
These guest chefs should not be allowed to give tie scores. They're supposed to be judging!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

J-Spot posted:

Sorcerer! :aaa: Tell me your secrets! :magical:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Binary Logic posted:

These guest chefs should not be allowed to give tie scores. They're supposed to be judging!

They just do what the producers tell them and count their royalties.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I don't remember or recognize half of these people.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
No Joy.

Chris? Ralph?! Really, Scott?!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Jason chose Anton as his first? He deserves to lose.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Wait, Gabe's back??

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

oh god did those idiots just choose all the men before any of the women?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Hahaha these guys are loving insane for picking Chris, Anton, and whatshisname before Rochelle, Melanie, Keshia. Except for feuds, don't finalists usually mostly choose in reverse order of elimination?

liltimshady posted:

She's not his wife, she's his girlfriend...But your point still stands.
Well, that's good, she has time to escape!

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I bet joy's story will come out in a few months. There's got to be some behind the scenes poo poo we don't know about.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Lyesh posted:

oh god did those idiots just choose all the men before any of the women?

Not all, but most. I'd have snatched Rochelle first, because she's the best of the rest.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anne Whateley posted:

Hahaha these guys are loving insane for picking Chris, Anton, and whatshisname before Rochelle, Melanie, Keshia. Except for feuds, don't finalists usually mostly choose in reverse order of elimination?

Nah, there's usually at least a slight gender bias.

Chris first is laugh-o, but he didn't end up with having to pick Sandra, so whatever.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Suppose it was only a matter of time that Hell's Kitchen and Sons of Anarchy crossed paths.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Who is that tiny person on Jason's team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Sandra doesn't give a gently caress.