Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

hcreight posted:

HBO also has a series order on a US remake of UK cult hit Utopia backed by David Fincher, and that could conceivably be ready by the second half of next year. But there's no need to wait that long when you can start watching the UK version now, so go do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

hcreight posted:

HBO also has a series order on a US remake of UK cult hit Utopia backed by David Fincher, and that could conceivably be ready by the second half of next year. But there's no need to wait that long when you can start watching the UK version now, so go do that.

Oh yeah, Utopia's the best. I hope Fincher is heavily involved with this hbo remake and is actually gonna do some new things with the concept & material, cuz otherwise, why even bother when the original is so drat good.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Mu Zeta posted:

Martin Scorsese, Terrence Winter, Bobby Cannavale, and Olivia Wilde are filming a 70s rock show right now.

Its pretty exciting and I'd follow Winter to hell and back, but I'm still bummed about Boardwalk Empire ending soon. Especially with the insane time skip they're rolling out.

1924 to 1931 are some PRIME years.... just considering existing side characters we miss out on the Valentine's Day massacre and Capone's tenure before the fall, Rothstein's death, and (the defining moment in the creation of the American mob) the Atlantic City conference! Which is where a whole lot of people speculated the show would probably end, so its extra crazy if we're really just blowing right past it

I really would have watched a dozen seasons and theres so much ground just left untouched. And only eight episodes to go.

And speaking of, they released a new season 5 trailer recently and at least it looks like its going out on top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8kBuOUsqU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Didn't they end it prematurely because the head writer couldn't be arsed anymore? Now he's writing this rock series and I don't see any reason it will hold his interest longer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cardboard Box A posted:

That's what they're calling the second season.

Better than Turn: The True Story of America's First Spy Ring... aka TTSoAFSR

No, they're doing this when re-airing the first season.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
So, wait, is Taxi still a cab driver or is he actually working for the police? If he is working for the police, why is he still driving a cab? If he's still a cab driver, wouldn't it be cheaper for Brooklyn to hire a private chauffeur? Why would a cab company let someone gently caress off with one of their cabs for what appears to be weeks at a time? What the hell is going on in this show? :psyduck:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chamberk posted:

So does anyone know what HBO has lined up for the second half of 2015? True Blood and Boardwalk Empire are wrapping up this year. They're fine up until Game of Thrones ends in June, but they'll have a big hole in their schedule after that.
I'm hoping for a sci-fi sequel to The Sopranos in which the heretofore-unmentioned second son Tommy Soprano investigates the worldwide blackout that ended the original show and led to his father's disappearance. He uncovers a conspiracy that goes all the way to the White House... and the stars.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chamberk posted:

So does anyone know what HBO has lined up for the second half of 2015? True Blood and Boardwalk Empire are wrapping up this year. They're fine up until Game of Thrones ends in June, but they'll have a big hole in their schedule after that.

I'm pretty sure next season of True Detective is going to air in the fall next year.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm hoping for a sci-fi sequel to The Sopranos in which the heretofore-unmentioned second son Tommy Soprano investigates the worldwide blackout that ended the original show and led to his father's disappearance. He uncovers a conspiracy that goes all the way to the White House... and the stars.

This is basically the plot of Revolution.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

So, wait, is Taxi still a cab driver or is he actually working for the police? If he is working for the police, why is he still driving a cab? If he's still a cab driver, wouldn't it be cheaper for Brooklyn to hire a private chauffeur? Why would a cab company let someone gently caress off with one of their cabs for what appears to be weeks at a time? What the hell is going on in this show? :psyduck:

I haven't watched the show, but individuals can own their own cab.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aphrodite posted:

I haven't watched the show, but individuals can own their own cab.

The larger issue is that cab companies take huge percentages, and the cop's not leaving him any time to collect fares.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I know most people dislike the show and thread, but man, closing the Korra thread "until the next episode airs on TV" was a dick move, Deadpool. :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha that rules.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

thexerox123 posted:

I know most people dislike the show and thread, but man, closing the Korra thread "until the next episode airs on TV" was a dick move, Deadpool. :(

Yeah I know.

If he really cared he would have done it sooner. :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've ever been happier with Deadpool as a mod tbh

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

thexerox123 posted:

It was a joke. The fact that so many people took it seriously makes it even funnier.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

It was a joke. The fact that so many people took it seriously makes it even funnier.

Post the PMs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Post the PMs.

Request declined.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They were good though, right?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

They were good though, right?

As in funny? Not really. The only thing funny was how fast I got some and how many more I had when I woke up for work. Maybe MrAristocrates got better ones.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How long did it take for you to get the first one?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well I find people getting incredibly worked up about forums injustices to be inherently funny so.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I assumed it was a joke at first, but I also assumed that if it was a joke it would only last an hour or two, which is why I didn't comment until I saw that it was still closed today, haha.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Deadpool posted:

This almost makes up for the disparaging comments you made about Buffy yesterday.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

smg77 posted:

This almost makes up for the disparaging comments you made about Buffy yesterday.

Buffy is worse than Korra.

You can add that to my quote file.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It really is funny how people could get so mad that they can't discuss a teenage girl's tank top for a few days.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Deadpool posted:

As in funny? Not really. The only thing funny was how fast I got some and how many more I had when I woke up for work. Maybe MrAristocrates got better ones.

Not really, no.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bown posted:

It really is funny how people could get so mad that they can't discuss a teenage girl's tank top for a few days.

This isn't an exaggeration by the way.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

MrAristocrates posted:

This isn't an exaggeration by the way.
Thank god the the TVIV mods.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I for one support transparency.

And then people started posting about Korra in here.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well I didn't want to be that guy that told everyone you messaged me within minutes of it being closed, but whatever.

Everyone else was told immediately when they PMed me it was a joke. I wonder why.

It was closed because it got really bad. But it was pretty clear I was joking when I said it wouldn't be open again. I even told MrAristocrates last night he could open it when he woke up.

X-O fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 28, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Deadpool posted:

Well I didn't want to be that guy that told everyone you messaged me within minutes of it being closed, but whatever.

Everyone else was told immediately when they PMed me it was a joke. I wonder why.

It was closed because it got really bad. But it was pretty clear I was joking when I said it wouldn't be open again. I even told MrAristocrates last night he could open it when he woke up.
I genuinely thought maybe you had forgotten that the dumb cartoon show was no longer airing on TV, and just wanted to clear up any confusion. Honestly, I would have fully supported the thread being closed for the rest of the week, because holy poo poo it got bad.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 28, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You should have kept the thread closed, honestly.

It's a popular show and some people actually enjoy it so even though I give it a hard time because it gets really bad at times it doesn't mean that it deserves to not have a thread. If we got rid of every bad thread for every show I didn't like in TVIV it'd be a pretty barren place!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Enough about Korra though. If you want to talk about it then it has a thread again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

It's a popular show and some people actually enjoy it so even though I give it a hard time because it gets really bad at times it doesn't mean that it deserves to not have a thread. If we got rid of every bad thread for every show I didn't like in TVIV it'd be a pretty barren place!

Glad to see you standing up for MLP.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Glad to see you standing up for MLP.

Don't even bring that show up as a joke please.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He's right though!! It should be moderated to avoid creepy talk like every other thread but I assume there most be SOME stuff in it worthy of discussion (or maybe there isn't I genuinely have no idea). I've never really given a gently caress because I don't watch it but it is judging a show by its worst fans and that's not very fair!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Bown posted:

He's right though!! It should be moderated to avoid creepy talk like every other thread but I assume there most be SOME stuff in it worthy of discussion (or maybe there isn't I genuinely have no idea). I've never really given a gently caress because I don't watch it but it is judging a show by its worst fans and that's not very fair!

I thought it was trucking along nicely to be honest, but whatever.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Deadpool posted:

Don't even bring that show up as a joke please.

I kinda sorta triggered him in the TV IV Awards thread last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bown posted:

The pony ban is never going away. And it's not just a TVIV thing. Though even if it was it would still never be going away.

• Locked thread