Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Zombie Samurai posted:

Another problem is that in a starting lineup of 11 characters, only two are women. And if you know enough about the game to know they're 200ES characters, you'll be less inclined to pick them.

I'm sick of going to parties with this poor male/female ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

I hope cyke is good after his review because huge fuckin lasers should be immensely satisfying.

Mr Gaz, for his ult please make him take off his glasses and blast a huge fuckoff laser across the whole screen and I will play him so much.

He should do this, but say random David Caruso one liners first. And then a big YAAAAHHH with the beam. And then he puts the glasses back on and says "Deal with it".

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Spudsly posted:

I'm sick of going to parties with this poor male/female ratio.

Have you considered dating other guys?

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 31, 2014

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Ryolnir posted:

Our Ops team is looking into this now.

Seems to be an issue with steam not handing out the patch.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Yeah, it's happened before, not much to do but wait.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Our ops team has discovered that the game is on Steam. Huh. Who knew? Anyway, wait for them to upload the patch.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Looks like everything is on sale again, too.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Well hey, at least this time they didn't change the name of the executable twice and not tell anyone or thing.

Yet.

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
Unfortunately, the Gazillion Ops Team is only comprised of Leslie Nielsen.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Well hey, at least this time they didn't change the name of the executable twice and not tell anyone or thing.

Yet.

To be fair, they only changed it once and they'd just not switched the steam flag yet.

And that was before the servers were even up.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Steam update uploader went on vacation.

quote:

We're investigating a possible issue on Steam's side - will let you know when we have an update.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

WarLocke posted:

Have you considered dating other guys?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mr. Peabody posted:

Unfortunately, the Gazillion Ops Team is only comprised of Leslie Nielsen.

And he's been dead for 4 years :ohdear:

:thejoke:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

deimos posted:

Deadpool's minigun should be an EMF like with longer time between the powerups (3/6 instead of 1/2) and he starts with a minigun which then sprouts more miniguns and for the 3rd power phase just sprouts missile pods and starts doing 150% extra damage with splash.

Make it like rocket so that he's holding it until you use another ability.

I'm pretty sure that's not how guns work so even though I know it's not canon, as a rangepool player I absolutely am going to need this to ever make it to cosmic 60 on him.

I recently got the anti-metal bullets unique which keeps up the enemies take 10% more damage proc, so I don't even need stink bomb anymore. I'm also still pretty far from being able to equip darkhold scroll, so I don't even need lil' deadpool most of the time. It really is just teleport and shoot. What I do like is I'm all kun lun and netharium so I try to shoot as close as possible, and omega points are great at cheaply buffing % damage to physical, ranged, ranged at close proximity and other stuff. So I'm getting used to this idea of spreading omegas around in the first few ranks instead of dumping them all into a power that looks good.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

davebo posted:

I'm pretty sure that's not how guns work so even though I know it's not canon, as a rangepool player I absolutely am going to need this to ever make it to cosmic 60 on him.

I recently got the anti-metal bullets unique which keeps up the enemies take 10% more damage proc, so I don't even need stink bomb anymore. I'm also still pretty far from being able to equip darkhold scroll, so I don't even need lil' deadpool most of the time. It really is just teleport and shoot. What I do like is I'm all kun lun and netharium so I try to shoot as close as possible, and omega points are great at cheaply buffing % damage to physical, ranged, ranged at close proximity and other stuff. So I'm getting used to this idea of spreading omegas around in the first few ranks instead of dumping them all into a power that looks good.

IIRC the anti-metal vuln stacks with the stink bomb vuln.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

jubelio posted:

How does that work? Vulnerability is a status, either you have it or you don't. :psyduck:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because Stink Bomb is probably Vulnerability while the ammo is a different status effect that also increases damage taken by 10%.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

jubelio posted:

That's pretty interesting, I thought item procs got handled the same way as ability stacking did when they patched that stuff out. Any idea if the Dragon Fang proc works similarly?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

WarLocke posted:

How does that work? Vulnerability is a status, either you have it or you don't. :psyduck:

Have they actually said this/has this been tested as true because in typical Gaz fashion its not clear at all

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

I know nothing about Deadpool, but it might be a real bug. I saw somebody in General chat saying they heard that Stink Bomb and AMA stack, which was met with the "no vulnerabilities stack anymore" response, but seeing jubelio mention it makes it seem like an actual bug/occurence specifically with Deadpool.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

In Development

Currency Tab (releasing in 8-10 weeks)

Rogue (releasing in late August or early September)

She-Hulk Team-Up

Wasp Team-Up

Endless Dungeon releasing in late summer)

Bronx Zoo One-Shot Story (releasing in 4-6 weeks)

“Red” Raid Difficulty (releasing in 3-4 weeks)

A couple more ways to acquire Eyes (and Hearts) of Demonfire outside of Raids

Dual Spec UI Feature (releasing in September)

Achievements System (testing in 6 weeks, releasing in 8-10 weeks)

Special CoSmiC Event later in August
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/118449/marvel-heroes-2015-1-1-patch-notes-in-progress

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

jubelio posted:

This is not true, I tested it fairly extensively. Anti-metal does not stack with normal vulnerability, they are the same thing. Anti-metal is also not super reliable for applying it, it wasn't 100% uptime. I guess it is possible it is a Deadpool specific bug, but I'm not putting an AMA on Deadpool just to test again.

Doomsaw posted:

Players can no longer drop items in unwalkable terrain in Avengers Tower.

Mr. Gaz ruins everything.

Prel fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 31, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Please god the sooner the better.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Mr. Peabody posted:

I know nothing about Deadpool, but it might be a real bug. I saw somebody in General chat saying they heard that Stink Bomb and AMA stack, which was met with the "no vulnerabilities stack anymore" response, but seeing jubelio mention it makes it seem like an actual bug/occurence specifically with Deadpool.

I had heard that it was specifically anti-metal ammo that stacks with any vuln, not just deadpool. I have not tested or verified it though.

Prel posted:

This is not true, I tested it. Anti-metal does not stack with normal vulnerability, they are the same thing. Anti-metal is also not super reliable for applying it, it wasn't 100% uptime. I guess it is possible it is a Deadpool specific bug, but I'm not putting an AMA on Deadpool just to test again.

Mr. Gaz ruins everything.

Whelp

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Patchnote [inprogress] https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1518730#Comment_1518730

PATCH OVERVIEW
This week’s patch focuses on some new content related to Guardians of the Galaxy, along with some solid back-end changes to game optimization, some bug-fixing and a few quality of life UI improvements.

We hope you enjoy the patch, the weekend and Guardians of the Galaxy!

WEEKEND EVENT - PLANET X GROOT BARK EXTENDED!
By popular demand, we’re extending our Planet X Bark event to celebrate this week’s release of the new Marvel film, Guardians of the Galaxy!

Collect Planet X Bark by completing each of the Shared Quests once per day and trade them in for exciting rewards such as the Mysterious Crimson Box!

Additionally, to celebrate, we’ll be live tuning server-side RIF, SIF and XP to 50%!

NEW HERO: STAR-LORD
The Legendary Outlaw himself, Star-Lord, has arrived in Marvel Heroes! Peter Quill dual wields Kree submachine pistols, high tech grenades, orbital bombardments from his starship and also uses his trademark Element Gun to freeze, blast, and otherwise destroy his enemies.

Star-Lord is a hero with many options and many builds. The possibility of Fire, Earth, Air and Water will likely take a few days to optimize and get used to, but look and feel very unique. Straight up twin auto-pistols is also an incredibly fun option and a focus on “Ship” powers is something to consider.

NEW TEAM-UPS
To celebrate the awesomeness of the Guardians of the Galaxy team, we have 3 new Team Up Heroes available.

Drax

Otherwise known as “The Destroyer”, Drax wields his trademark knives with brutal effectiveness - laying waste to enemies big and small with tremendous power and brutality.

Gamora

Gamora, or the “Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy”, can cut a swath through enemies near and far, using her broadsword and alien pistol to deal with any threat.

Groot

A member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and best friend to Rocket, Groot servers as a great option for heroes looking for a stalwart champion.

Rocket Raccoon players can choose between having the Groot team-up with them if their power-based Groot is not actively in play, or vice-versa. It’s basically a decision between getting the passive benefits of the Groot team-up and using the Groot power or getting the passive benefits of the Groot power and having the Groot team-up active.

ROCKET RACCOON DESIGN REVIEW
Rocket Raccoon’s amazing level 52 review is here.

For his review, Rocket receives:

An amazing new Thanos-Buster mech suit to pilot.

Several new guns to deal with different types of threats, including a Plasma Launcher and Photon Minigun

A new signature power, the H7 Fleetslayer tactical nuclear launcher.

A new Specialization option - Assault or Battery specialization which will buff your Guns or Turrets depending on your preferred playstyle

Groot is now permanent, with the ability to direct him to charge specific locations.

Blaster Turrets now receive an attack speed buff when deployed, allowing for more dynamic "move and deploy" gameplay as desired.

A new dash power has been added, with a high level of speed and responsiveness.

Rocket's Uniques items have been adjusted to match his new powers and Amthua is working on several interesting new unique items for different types of Rocket players

Rocket's new movie costume is available, complete with an extremely detailed Rocket and Groot modeling job and voice.

UI CHANGES
Now available in the Options Menu (under Graphics), players can scale their UI to better fit their preference. This feature will be adjusted and likely expanded in the coming weeks and months. Post any feedback or request in the UI Bugs and Feedback thread, which the UI team monitors very closely.

Items will now show their icon in their tooltip on the top left. This should help identify items a little quicker and more easily.

LOGIN REWARDS
The Login Reward system has been pretty cool and we’re looking to fill in every day with something and continue to adding more interesting stuff for some of the bigger days. With that in mind, we’ve filled in the 5 and 7 gaps this week.

Login Rewards have been added for days 15, 25, 35, 45 (and ongoing every 10 days).

Login Rewards have been added for days 17, 27, 37, 47 (and ongoing every 10 days).

Players who are past those dates may receive a bonus Matrix of Unbinding and Eye of Demonfire by logging in anytime Saturday if they wish.

MUSPELHEIM RAID
The “Green” version of the Muspelheim Raid has been launched and is available for all players. This is currently the most challenging content in the game and will require a reasonable amount of strategy and tactics to complete, along with a reasonable knowledge of itemization and power

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

OMEGA SYSTEM
As we head into the final week of the Omega System Live Beta, power points have been refunded so players can explore new builds if desired.

Anytime there are significant changes in any Omega node, even out of power, a free reset will be provided.

Next week's focus will be cleaning up any remaining nodes with incorrect tuning and focusing on the least-used nodes to ensure they offer attractive mechanics.

NEW CRAFTING FEATURE - ITEM GRADE INCREASE
Using Eye of Demonfire, which can be collected from playing the Green version of the Muspelheim Raid, doing Shared Quests, and defeating Man-Ape once per day, players can purchase recipes to allow them to upgrade the Item Grade of their gear slots, improving their overall stat rolls beyond what was previously possible.

The system currently allows you to trade Eyes of Demonfire for new recipes for your Crafter. Those recipes can be used, with a very minimal credit cost, to increase gear slot items from Item Grade 63 (most gear in the game right now) to Item Grade 66.

We’ve kept the cost of upgrading the item itself almost free to be very friendly towards players with many heroes and to make it a “no-brainer” to upgrade items that you like and not feel bad about it.

The Item Grade crafting recipes may be purchased from Hogun, in Asgard.

A recipe exists for each Gear Slot (1-5), with different prices on each. Gear slot 1 is the most expensive crafting recipe.

When the “Red” version of the Muspelheim Raid Zone is released, another recipe will be available, using an upcoming Heart of Demonfire, that allows you to upgrade to Item Grade 69 and eventually 72, 75 (and so on) will be available in the coming months and years.

We will be posting a more extensive FAQ on this system sometime in the coming week.

OPTIMIZATION
This update features major changes to how the game processes certain aspects of data, including how data it transmitted to you and players around you.

This will result in a decent improvement to server performance as well as client performance, depending on your exact system specs, CPU and GPU.

This won't solve every issue for every player, so please make sure to always use upgraded video drivers and visit the tech support section for a lot of tricks and settings to make your game run as smooth as possible

In general, optimization of Marvel Heroes 2015 is a very important part of our development and it’s something that we are always dedicating time to with a dedicated cross-functional team (engineers, artists, server tech and designers).

Squirrel Girl gets her own call out in this section: We’ve optimized her squirrels significantly by removing many bones from their skeletons and optimizing their animations. You will see no physical changes to the squirrels (they weren’t using those bones), but you will definitely feel it when you are playing Squirrel Girl in crowded areas or there is a Squirrel Girl fighting beside you. We’re going to keep an eye on her and see what else we need to do to keep Doreen working great in the coming weeks.

BUG FIXES
Various bug fixes have been completed over the last month and will be included in this patch. This section of the notes will definitely be incomplete as not every bug fix gets communicated, but we’ll add whatever we can to this list and we will be pleasantly surprised when something unexpected is found to be working properly now.

For now, here are some recent bug fixes completed in the internal tracking system:

Rocket Raccoon’s My Friend Groot summon AI should now react to enemies quicker and more reliably.

Loki’s Frost Giant Form Summon has had its tooltip corrected to show a 30 second duration. The actual duration has always been 30 seconds, but the tooltip had been showing 45 seconds for awhile.

An extra phantom Wolverine should no longer fly through the air when Colossus uses Fastball Special.

Players can no longer drop items in unwalkable terrain in Avengers Tower.

The list is probably 5 times as long as this and we definitely want to encourage everyone to keep posting any bugs you find in the appropriate bug section in the forums so they can get picked up in the morning review by each development team within the studio.

KNOWN ISSUES
Star-Lord’s Close Quarters has an issue where the cooldown occasionally “resets”, and additionally plays a fifth animation despite only attacking four times.

Rocket and Star-Lord have had a great week or testing and iteration based on feedback. They will likely have several bugs to deal with and improvements based on data and feedback collected over the weekend. We’ll be playing both of these guys over the weekend (hopefully twerking free) and we hope you guys enjoy them. The fun factor is high with both of these guys.

I'm sure we'll find more stuff in the next few hours and we'll keep this section updated and resolve any problems quickly for next week's patch.

IN DEVELOPMENT
Currency Tab (releasing in 8-10 weeks)

Rogue (releasing in late August or early September)

She-Hulk Team-Up

Wasp Team-Up

Endless Dungeon releasing in late summer)

Bronx Zoo One-Shot Story (releasing in 4-6 weeks)

“Red” Raid Difficulty (releasing in 3-4 weeks)

A couple more ways to acquire Eyes (and Hearts) of Demonfire outside of Raids

Achievements System (testing in 6 weeks, releasing in 8-10 weeks)

Special CoSmiC Event later in August

The internal list is about 20 times as long as that, but those are the most exciting elements.

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

jubelio posted:

I had heard that it was specifically anti-metal ammo that stacks with any vuln, not just deadpool. I have not tested or verified it though.

Ah, ok. You win this one, Mr. Gaz.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Anyone able to get in and see how many Eyes the upgrade recipes cost?

Iron Chef Nex
Jan 20, 2005
Serving up a hot buttered stabbing
Part 1 of the Steam fix is deployed and downloaded. :f5: I need my StarDude.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Looks like the patch actually works now, if you restart Steam.

E: Nevermind, still can't get in

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

quote:

Star-Lord is a hero with many options and many builds. The possibility of Fire, Earth, Air and Water will likely take a few days to optimize and get used to, but look and feel very unique.

Translation: L2P before whining pubbies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those poor squirrels.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Seems the "cosmics items to unstable molecule" recipe didn't make it. Just in case someone tries to search for it on the crafter...

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"

quote:

Jean Grey is likely next. We are focusing the VFX gods on her so you can actually see all her awesome costumes.

We also have Hulk, Cyclops and Thor all in the pipeline, keeping in mind these reviews are a 3-4 months process from initial concept to publication.

Translation: "We never planned on doing the Cyclops rework, we just wanted to dangle that brass ring so you idiots would jump for it. Get hosed, shitheads."

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is anyone having problems logging in through Steam? It says that I need to download the latest patch but uh, I have.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Pimpmust posted:

Servers down? Time to sperg the gently caress out :regd08:

With statistics, gender statistics :unsmigghh:

Have I missed any? Not going into any next year releases. Nova isn't on, but I guess he'll technically show up eventually, as well as Beast.

Team-ups are a lot more even, with 6 dudes (well, technically 5 if you don't count BiB, or 4 if Groot counts as "Gender: Groot") vs 4 women.

Now, besides the obvious imbalance dilemma, there's another one that came to mind. A lot of female characters are enhanced costumes, and we are only bound to get more of those (like say, most of the Spider-Women/Girls probably). Not gonna be much of a problem for the dude sides, with how comics work, but Mar-Vell is one exception.
The problem: You can't buy characters that are "enhanced costumes" seperate, so not only do you have to put down Gs for them, you have to put out like double that of just buying a "normal" hero because you gotta get the pack with the ordinary default costume. Technically you can get them with random boxes (I think?) or BOGOs, but that's hardly reliable or cost-effective.
I imagine if Gaz want to tap more of the dudette market, maybe they shouldn't paywall half the heroines like that.

Solution: Gaz should allow us to buy any "seperate enhanced character" just like any other hero, but without the ordinary default costume for that hero (i.e, without the "package" deals). If they want take a higher G/splinter price, fine (a lot of enhanced costumes have more work put into them than the default ones, at least those from release).
They can keep purely enhanced costumes that aren't their own "character" aside from this system.
There's no "obvious imbalance dilemma". There's far less popular female superheroes than there is male superheroes. It's the same with non-white superheroes. So far in the game there's 3 (Cage, BP, and Storm), and 2 who are not really classifiable (SS and RR). That's a function of making a game based on superheroes.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Is anyone having problems logging in through Steam? It says that I need to download the latest patch but uh, I have.

yeah, I just downloaded a smallish one, restarted Steam, and now its starting up another

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Arrgytehpirate posted:

No, you have not.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

quote:

We’ve optimized her squirrels significantly by removing many bones from their skeletons and optimizing their animations. You will see no physical changes to the squirrels (they weren’t using those bones)
:downsbravo:

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

alansmithee posted:

So far in the game there's 3 (Cage, BP, and Storm), and 2 who are not really classifiable (SS and RR). That's a function of making a game based on superheroes.

Uh, SS is obviously from the Silver race. And RR is a raccoon. How are they unclassifiable!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Pimpmust posted:

Servers down? Time to sperg the gently caress out :regd08:

With statistics, gender statistics :unsmigghh:

Have I missed any? Not going into any next year releases. Nova isn't on, but I guess he'll technically show up eventually, as well as Beast.

Team-ups are a lot more even, with 6 dudes (well, technically 5 if you don't count BiB, or 4 if Groot counts as "Gender: Groot") vs 4 women.

Now, besides the obvious imbalance dilemma, there's another one that came to mind. A lot of female characters are enhanced costumes, and we are only bound to get more of those (like say, most of the Spider-Women/Girls probably). Not gonna be much of a problem for the dude sides, with how comics work, but Mar-Vell is one exception.
The problem: You can't buy characters that are "enhanced costumes" seperate, so not only do you have to put down Gs for them, you have to put out like double that of just buying a "normal" hero because you gotta get the pack with the ordinary default costume. Technically you can get them with random boxes (I think?) or BOGOs, but that's hardly reliable or cost-effective.
I imagine if Gaz want to tap more of the dudette market, maybe they shouldn't paywall half the heroines like that.

Solution: Gaz should allow us to buy any "seperate enhanced character" just like any other hero, but without the ordinary default costume for that hero (i.e, without the "package" deals). If they want take a higher G/splinter price, fine (a lot of enhanced costumes have more work put into them than the default ones, at least those from release).
They can keep purely enhanced costumes that aren't their own "character" aside from this system.

:thesperg:

I'm gonna make a few assumptions

* marvel is setting who is available how
* marvel is only paying attention to their biggest demographics, guys
* marvel makes it "harder" to get female characters because they assume horny pervy guys will gladly shell out the G to have a sexy female char and thus they will make more

• Locked thread