Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Fateo McMurray posted:

I like Ron Funches so I will continue to support things that support him even if the thing I'm supporting isn't really that funny

support.

Does he play a lead role?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Can you imagine how loving annoying the X-Files fanbase would be if the show were airing today?

Also, can you imagine how loving bad the X-Files writing would be if the show were airing today?

Mulder and Scully would have hooked up halfway through season 1. Or they'd play up will-they-won't-they every single episode until we just don't give a poo poo anymore.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 1, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

As an aside: if you are, or ever have been, a parks and recreation fan, you need to go see guardians of the galaxy right loving now

Holy poo poo that movie is just two hours of Andy Dwyer Andy dwyering it up and it is INCREDIBLE

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Selklubber posted:

The only friend Watson has is Sherlock. No army buddies, medschool friends or anything.

Except for all the people at his wedding last season?

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Aphrodite posted:

ABC's latest crazy reality/game show is on right now.

It's some kind of LARP/Fantasy TV show/game show.
I just want to chime in and say that I found myself pretty sold on this so far, after giving the first episode a shot. It's... childish, but not in a bad way. Like, the sort of reality show where it's hard not to find the optimism and excitement adorable, as opposed to the more brutally competitive stuff like Big Brother or Survivor. In a way, The Quest almost seems like a fantasy-version of TNT's "The Hero" from last year, but with a narrative element thrown into the mix.

That, of course, means absolutely nothing when it can still easily veer right into painfully-awkward territory at the drop of a loving hat, but I'm definitely intrigued enough to keep watching.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Paul Reiser was on last night's Married and he looked like hell. In my mind he's still the jerk from Aliens. drat he got old.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Are you a normal looking man in your 50s? Well you look like hell you old man.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fateo McMurray posted:

I like Ron Funches so I will continue to support things that support him even if the thing I'm supporting isn't really that funny

support.

And even if Ron Funches is really bad in it, I guess.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Aphrodite posted:

The Quest.

It started off really slow and awkward but the challenges were actually kind of cool, and I want to give ABC credit for not half-assing the production values. It is cheesy at times, but it has a lot of potential. I set the series to record so that's pretty close to a ringing endorsement.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

feedmyleg posted:

Can you imagine how loving annoying the X-Files fanbase would be if the show were airing today?

Also, can you imagine how loving bad the X-Files writing would be if the show were airing today?

Mulder and Scully would have hooked up halfway through season 1. Or they'd play up will-they-won't-they every single episode until we just don't give a poo poo anymore.

The internet was around for a good bit of the X-Files's run, and Mulder/Scully shipping was definitely a thing before they had a name for it.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

raditts posted:

The internet was around for a good bit of the X-Files's run, and Mulder/Scully shipping was definitely a thing before they had a name for it.

It's actually where the term comes from.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Has ABC cancelled that godawful Rising Star show yet? There were commercials everywhere for that turd in the couple weeks leading up to it, followed by absolutely nothing after the first episode aired.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

The Nastier Nate posted:

It started off really slow and awkward but the challenges were actually kind of cool, and I want to give ABC credit for not half-assing the production values. It is cheesy at times, but it has a lot of potential. I set the series to record so that's pretty close to a ringing endorsement.

I hopped into IRC to laugh at it but by the end I was like... this is terribly cheesy but yet... kind of endearing. The challenges were actually pretty cool and the contestants for the most part seemed like decent people. I mean the cheese factor is like an 11 but... I might watch it next week if I remember.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

Yeah but I want to see a drat swordfight and some jousting like the commercials promised me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

UHHHHH is One Tree Hill supposed to be a comedy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzPDEirVTZk

Here's the trailer for Netflix's new weird animated comedy starring Amy Sedaris, Will Arnett and Aaron Paul.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1eJMig5Ik4

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 1, 2014

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Did we figure out if we're doing a Sharknado 2 simuwatch this weekend?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

What is it about THAT dumb scifi movie that made it popular? I watched the first one and it's no different than all the others but OMG SHARKNADO #SHARKNADORULES #TARAREID

which is to say it's bad but not even bad it's good bad. sitting watching a turned off tv would be a better use of your time

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

People have been enjoying it. Who gives a poo poo? Who are you to say how people spend their time.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Here's the trailer for Netflix's new weird animated comedy starring Amy Sedaris, Will Arnett and Aaron Paul.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1eJMig5Ik4

I... want to watch that. God help me.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Yeesh. Michael Eisner should not be in animation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

I... want to watch that. God help me.

The jokes get funnier as the trailer goes along. Great cast too.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Y'all cray-cray. It looks like the second coming of Brickleberry.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well even if it sucks it's not like you have to devote any effort to it beyond streaming the first ep and being like, bleh.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

GreenNight posted:

People have been enjoying it. Who gives a poo poo? Who are you to say how people spend their time.

A guy on the internet which is all the authority I need.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Well even if it sucks it's not like you have to devote any effort to it beyond streaming the first ep and being like, bleh.

I guess. Its just amusing someone would still consider shows with all star casts a good sign when the most popular cartoons on this forum (Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, Korra) have casts of unknown VAs, while those that are most reviled (Brickleberry, Allen Gregory) have all star casts.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

raditts posted:

X-Files chat was huge when usenet was still a thing people used for having discussions. I wish I still had some of my usenet logs...it was hardly as mainstream as websites so it was the spergiest of the spergs chatting about stuff with predictably hilarious results.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

I guess. Its just amusing someone would still consider shows with all star casts a good sign when the most popular cartoons on this forum (Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, Korra) have casts of unknown VAs, while those that are most reviled (Brickleberry, Allen Gregory) have all star casts.

Korra doesn't have a cast of unknown VAs. It has JK Simmons, Mindy Sterling, John Michael Higgins, Aubrey Plaza, Lisa Edelstein, Henry Rollins and Anne Heche in recurring roles.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

thexerox123 posted:

Korra doesn't have a cast of unknown VAs. It has JK Simmons, Mindy Sterling, John Michael Higgins, Aubrey Plaza, Lisa Edelstein, Henry Rollins and Anne Heche in recurring roles.

And it's a really bad show, so you're just kinda proving his point.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

This season is kind of ok.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

raditts posted:

Nah, they started to diversify their writers in the second season, and they seem to have finally hit their stride with the current season.
(I reserve the right to change my mind if the finale of this season falls apart to the same extent as the last two.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Irish Joe sits back satisfied, having once again turned a thread to Korra arguments.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah cause when I hear the name mindy sterling, my first thought is "all-star"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
rick and morty has a pretty all star cast. and brett gelman was on adventure time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gravity Falls is popular and has two solid names in Jason Ritter and Kristen Schaal. Or did I just make up that entire show?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Jason Ritter, star of hit NBC series The Event?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rarity posted:

Gravity Falls is popular and has two solid names in Jason Ritter and Kristen Schaal. Or did I just make up that entire show?

Who? and Eww.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Well thank god we got back to arguing. Was almost worried there we were gonna reach a consensus or something.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

Jason Ritter, star of hit NBC series The Event?

Bigger than the lady who had the mega-role of principal on Disney's A.N.T. FARM, at least.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Jason Ritter is really proud of his pube stache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

I remember that show, it was on for like 3 weeks 2 years ago.

• Locked thread