Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
I was made fun of as a kid because I liked birds over dogs and cats. Who's the lame one now dog and cat lovers? :colbert:

Pic of dino

BlueChocolate fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
certainly not the adult who's still trying to prove his pet is cooler by comparing it to dinosaurs

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
They make bad pets imo op.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

BlueChocolate posted:

Who's the lame one now dog and cat lovers? :colbert:

You.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
parrots understand enough about the world to realize cages and not flying is some bullshit op

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
i don't have pets because animal cruelty (and it's expensive)

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/28563682

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Looks more like a 6 foot turkey...that i just ate because im loving fat and will never have a roll in a movie ever again.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

Prorat posted:

Looks more like a 6 foot turkey...that i just ate because im loving fat and will never have a roll in a movie ever again.

dogs and cats are yummy too btw

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Birds are tiny dinosaurs. In fact, many scientists have altered the classification of vertebrates. In the past there were 5 main groups, Fish, Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds and Mammals. Dinosaurs were originally classified under Reptiles. However, we have figured out that dinosaurs were as different from reptiles as mammals are, so they should be in their own group. Not only that, but birds evolved form dinosaurs, so the new classes are Fish, Amphibians, Reptiles, Dinosaurs and Mammals.

Just watch a cassowary attack something, or a rooster as it struts around and you definitely see the family resemblance.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

(thts a cool rear end bird)

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
my teil likes to sit with one the bells from his swing on his head like a german helmet.

your move creationists.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i bet dinosaur tasted pretty good and maybe one day we can all find out

... together

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
they arent LIKE tiny dinosaurs, they literally are dinosaurs. birds are dinosaurs

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

concerned mom posted:

they arent LIKE tiny dinosaurs, they literally are dinosaurs. birds are dinosaurs

Not really. Some scientists think this but they're dumb imo.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
-saur sounds a lot like soar, which is what birds do. kind of obvious, scienctits.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
bladefaced emotionless monstrous fabulous killing machines

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

It's lacking its feathers, OP.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

there arent any good gifs of cassowaries because everyone who's gotten close enough to record a video has died

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

2009 called, they want the OP back.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
serious question if anyone knows. Would ornithicians and saurischians have been classed as separate classes if they hadn't been grouped together originally or is the classification more based on ankle bones and other stuff?

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I like looking my cokatiel's weird Dino feet. They're so bizzare looking and I know my bird would kill me given half a chance

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
actualy dinosaurs are like big bird op

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good

heh

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

man that dinosaur is really going to town.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

we must kill every bird to appease the gods that throw meteors at us before it's too late

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Megadyptes posted:

we must kill every bird to appease the gods that throw meteors at us before it's too late

*greasy child looks up from bucket of kfc* "I'm doing my part!"

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW
adorable, fluffy dinosaurs :3:

Eryximachus
Sep 2, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyii4nndOMM

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i know tim and eric have always gotten by on fake bad acting and crappy visuals but im just not a fan of their new stuff

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Hummingbirds are dinosaurs.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

thanks dr grant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpY0td7SiCg
edit: im the fat kid

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
some motherfucker scientist had to go and point out that velociraptors are about the size of a dog and probably mostly ate carrion so now im a loving creationist.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

some motherfucker scientist had to go and point out that velociraptors are about the size of a dog and probably mostly ate carrion so now im a loving creationist.

most of that poo poo is less fact and more "this might have been how it happened" for instance someone suggested that t-rexes were scavengers because of how loving big and goofy they were. if they did hunt though they probably swarmed the gently caress out of their pray with their little ones while mom and dad chilled on the sidelines

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

its ok ones the size of the raptors from jurassic park existed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinonychus

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

most of that poo poo is less fact and more "this might have been how it happened" for instance someone suggested that t-rexes were scavengers because of how loving big and goofy they were. if they did hunt though they probably swarmed the gently caress out of their pray with their little ones while mom and dad chilled on the sidelines

trex aint even the goofiest looking guy out there. i can't remember the name, but the LA natural history museum has a skeleton of something that was about the same size of a rex but its arms were even more pathetic. like little tiny flippers or chicken wings on a 15 foot tall dino.

e. VVV yeah carnotaurus, that's the one

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 7, 2014

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Carnotaurus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

trex aint even the goofiest looking guy out there. i can't remember the name, but the LA natural history museum has a skeleton of something that was about the same size of a rex but its arms were even more pathetic. like little tiny flippers or chicken wings on a 15 foot tall dino.

e. VVV yeah carnotaurus, that's the one

that's like whales having hipbones lol

• Locked thread