Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Woah, slow down here, we don't want him to learn every trick of the boating trade, else next we'll be telling him how to actually use the heavy shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.

anilEhilated posted:

Spoiler: this isn't even the worst tailing section of the game. Anyway, the best way to cheese just about anythin stealth-related is to just hire dancers.

Does this work with boat stealth? Should Tie fill the Fartdad with dancers and create a party boat to avoid being seen?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Unfortunately there are no boat prostitutes anywhere in the caribbean.

anilEhilated posted:

Woah, slow down here, we don't want him to learn every trick of the boating trade, else next we'll be telling him how to actually use the heavy shot.
Look to the side and fire your cannons without aiming...

Neruz fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 31, 2014

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Prostiboats? Boatstitutes? You really should've been able to fire them out of a cannon to create a distracting splash. I mean, there are men'o'war, it only stands to reason there'd be women'o'war, otherwise how does one get those tiny boats that blow up in one salvo?

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
You better be careful. Plenty of vultures out here. They'll pick your bones clean before morning.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

TieTuesday posted:

Part 8
I found a side quest that unfortunately requires tailing and eavesdropping and dialogue and all of my favorite things.
I did however commit the best "stealth kill" so far in my Assassin's Creed experience.

(I profusely apologize if I get a bit whiny at the end. I just don't feel like the "stealth" elements are consistent and it makes me sad/mad.)
No that part is kinda lovely I agree, I mean I'm the kind of guy that LIKES this stealth gaming thing and I love being stealthy in tailing people.
But that one mission was just not...great purely because Nassau is a terrible terrible place for trying to tail people. Seriously, have you seen this place? There's like no loving buildings higher than two stories other than a church, where the hell am I going to tail people from? And they're all spaced apart.
Yes it's consistent to being an island nation but it's still a hard place to be sneaky in purely by its geography. Now Havana, that poo poo is much easier cuz of all the tall buildings but gently caress Nassau stealth missions.

Neruz posted:

Unfortunately there are no boat prostitutes anywhere in the caribbean.
This just makes me think of gangster pirates now but everything that comes in my head on what they would say is terrible and probably inappropriate. Which is perfect for a pirate.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMaj_Nb7AF8

Here's a compilation of camera camcorder videos I took to test out an LP I wanted to make. This was recorded way back in 2011. Now that I have the proper equipment to record from the tv all I can do is just laugh at my first attempt.

TieTuesday
Sep 10, 2013

SODA TIME

Part 9

This begins a 4 video run where I get totally sidetracked by boats and I don't give a gently caress :colbert:
After that I'm going to offscreen a bunch of side stuff mostly because you would not believe the excitement of hunting a howler monkey for 15 minutes multiple times :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5 (New!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGwJxHzmHic

Today on Let's Chill to Dark Souls 2 we make our way through No-Man's Wharf, the Lost Bastille, and clutch it out super hard with the Ruin Sentinels. As I said in the opening bit, the music for this video is ambient drone stuff instead of the electronic music I've been using so far. If you like it (or don't like it!) please let me know and I'll change it up accordingly.

Also, sorry this episode took so long. Final Fantasy XIV is a very good game and it's been sucking up a lot of my time lately.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

TieTuesday posted:

Part 9

This begins a 4 video run where I get totally sidetracked by boats and I don't give a gently caress :colbert:
After that I'm going to offscreen a bunch of side stuff mostly because you would not believe the excitement of hunting a howler monkey for 15 minutes multiple times :v:

Boats are the best part of the game.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Part 7: SHENMUE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOfU82I4M70

At the tail end of the forklift craze that happened at the dawn of the new millenium, M&M's Shell Shocked got in on the action. This level is garbage. Utter garbage.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

At least one instance of the hard air was the fact that the one of the rolling boxes wasn't done rolling, it seems. Their hitboxes might be a bit wonky while rolling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ramos posted:

At least one instance of the hard air was the fact that the one of the rolling boxes wasn't done rolling, it seems. Their hitboxes might be a bit wonky while rolling.

I noticed that as I watched the finish product and hoped no one else would notice. There's at least one where I'm not near anything though, forklift must've hit a bad seam in the floor! I wish I was actually recording when the door wouldn't open, that was a really good one.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Riverson, Riverson!
This episode took a while, mostly because I had the audio and video sitting on my computer, then my family, being the selfish assholes they are, decided to go on a trip upstate. I'll post the next video later today or Sunday, depending on how much free time I have/if I can tear myself away from Super Robot Wars Z3.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

TieTuesday posted:

Part 9

First time I played AC4 I got lost in one of the larger inland areas and spent just over 3 hours chasing monkeys. I do not blame you for being distracted by monkeys :v:

Or boats for that matter, hell AC4 is at its best when you are not following the story at all and are just sailing around bein a pirate.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

honestly asscreed 4 is the only game where i wish they just had the story be cutscene-only. hanging out with blackbeard is way more fun than walking after some old fucker

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Now if you like ramming, you really need to go after the legendary boats.

TieTuesday
Sep 10, 2013

SODA TIME

Part 10
Relatively short one, just a little messin around and then some outer ops.

Part 11
It's official we're so far off topic we're just playing other people's material over the stream :v:
take us home Jazz.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

TieTuesday posted:

Part 10

Part 11
It's official we're so far off topic we're just playing other people's material over the stream :v:
take us home Jazz.

Seriously considering getting this game just to be a pirate it looks like so much fun.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Boxturret posted:

Seriously considering getting this game just to be a pirate it looks like so much fun.

Kenway takes the same approach to the game. "Doing piratey stuff while both Assassins and Templars desperately attempt to get him to care about the plot" is the main story.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
The Assassins are all trying to convince Edward to find out what the Templars are up to and hes all 'I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF ME LOOTING THIS SPANISH TREASURE GALLEON!'

That is basically the entire game.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Let's Briefly Play WCW Nitro for PS1!

Hollywood "Scum" Hogan vs "The Stupid Little Man" Ric Flair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mr-PL9cUrE

Wrestler promos from the select menu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4t_-o14U4

and some context on a couple of the jokes via a particularly insane Hulk Hogan promo:

http://youtu.be/8yGKAZYiOF8

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

TieTuesday posted:

Part 10

Part 11
take us home Jazz.
That was some pretty fantastic Warehouse-stealing there I have to say, real nice distraction work broken like a true pirate. Also holy poo poo that trailer is like, Morgan-Freeman contender right there that was beautiful :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
i hosed up this post so im snipping it like two weeks later woops

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 13, 2014

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Hey look here's a thing that exists. :shepface:

Chapter 9.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Catsworth posted:

Hey look here's a thing that exists. :shepface:

Chapter 9.

Yay super happy to have this back! :)

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

Spudd posted:

Yay super happy to have this back! :)

Yup, this is my favorite Resident Evil... In Spaaaaaaaace!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Mo(u)rning period

Mission 12: Mortain

Mortain has been the center of action at several points in time, but during WW2 it was the site of an important fight between the XLVII Panzer Corps and the U.S. VII Corps. Part of Operation Luttich, the Germans set to strike at the Americans in an attempt to cause a breakthrough that would hopefully cut off forces in Brittany but was immediately seen as a mistake by German High Command. Fortunately for the allies, Hitler had it proceed anyways with heavy losses for the Germans.

Sleepwise
Jul 9, 2012
Aloha! Copy / Sleepwise here. I come before the SA hordes, humbled, yet shamelessly craven. I have decided to let my meagre viewership (of which I hope you may soon be a part, plox notice me reader-sempai ;_;) cast votes on which classic RPG gets a thorough seeing-to. Technically speaking, I have never done a full Let's Play, so it seems wise to allow the unwashed masses to point me in the right direction.

In the running we have Final Fantasy IX, Threads of Fate, Jade Cocoon : The Story of the Tamamayu, and Alundra 2.

To help you decide what you want, I've created four "One-Shots," sampler videos which are anywhere between 35 and 70 minutes in length. If you think you'd be interested in viewing a full Let's Play of one of these games, give the One-Shot a click, see if you'd be able to tolerate / masturbate to my sonorous tones for a lengthy period of time. Links :

Votes can be cast however you like - this thread being the obvious place, but Youtube is fine. Criticism is loving invaluable at the moment. Mic volume needs lowering? Too much swearing? Tell me. I'll probably give it two or three days for everyone who has an interest to vote. Say Friday. After that, it'll be sixty-plus hours of myself & whatever classic you've condemned me to. Good times! In a bit, dudes. :]

Sleepwise fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 6, 2014

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Chapter 10.

This loving chapter. :argh:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Catsworth posted:

Chapter 10.

This loving chapter. :argh:
Maybe a spoiler for those who haven't watched the video yet.
I was really hoping that entire Ishimura section would be combat-free, but I guess this game's designers don't have that kind of restraint.

TieTuesday
Sep 10, 2013

SODA TIME

Part 12

I undoubtedly broke the rules of the game this time and I'm not loving sorry. :colbert:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

TieTuesday posted:

Part 12

I undoubtedly broke the rules of the game this time and I'm not loving sorry. :colbert:

It's an unintended feature. And the boat is breaking up due to lack of a crew to maintain it.

Also the boat is made of cardboard

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

TieTuesday posted:

Part 12

The best part is that you got a crew member from capturing the ship boat.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Sleepwise posted:

Aloha! Copy / Sleepwise here. I come before the SA hordes, humbled, yet shamelessly craven. I have decided to let my meagre viewership (of which I hope you may soon be a part, plox notice me reader-sempai ;_;) cast votes on which classic RPG gets a thorough seeing-to. Technically speaking, I have never done a full Let's Play, so it seems wise to allow the unwashed masses to point me in the right direction.

In the running we have Final Fantasy IX, Threads of Fate, Jade Cocoon : The Story of the Tamamayu, and Alundra 2.

To help you decide what you want, I've created four "One-Shots," sampler videos which are anywhere between 35 and 70 minutes in length. If you think you'd be interested in viewing a full Let's Play of one of these games, give the One-Shot a click, see if you'd be able to tolerate / masturbate to my sonorous tones for a lengthy period of time. Links :

[STUFF]

Votes can be cast however you like - this thread being the obvious place, but Youtube is fine. Criticism is loving invaluable at the moment. Mic volume needs lowering? Too much swearing? Tell me. I'll probably give it two or three days for everyone who has an interest to vote. Say Friday. After that, it'll be sixty-plus hours of myself & whatever classic you've condemned me to. Good times! In a bit, dudes. :]

I highly recommend you repost this in the Sandcastle; you're more likely to get actual real feedback there than here. If you've already done that then good job.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Episode 5: Nine Minutes of Fast-Paced Drifting Action.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Part 8: The last level, but only zone A. gently caress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOBXsC1bvek

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

TieTuesday posted:

Part 12

You didn't break the rules of the game; that is in fact a viable method for defeating higher level boats that will blow you out of the water if you try and fight them with your boat.

It is, however, very silly. I'm also not sure why the boat wasn't immediately boardable. Wheenver i've done that in the past the boat was immediately boardable for an autowin.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Aug 7, 2014

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

(Click banner for playlist)

Stage 4: Armington

This video should be armed and ready in just a few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepwise
Jul 9, 2012

Neruz posted:

I highly recommend you repost this in the Sandcastle; you're more likely to get actual real feedback there than here. If you've already done that then good job.

The deed is done. (thanks)

• Locked thread