Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
So I'm assuming the quickest way to level past 20 on additional characters is to do terminal+midtown LQs but what's the fastest way to 20? Is it worth it to take every additional character through the main quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Kalli posted:

I wonder what they do with Cyclops.

The main thing with Ricochet shot is they can't leave it as is in a revamp, so do they make it a non-basic power? cut its damage while buffing everything else through the roof? or make it a passive chance on a bunch of his other shots?

Basically what I'm asking for is his shots to either pierce and bounce or bounce while exploding on each bounce.
Just bump up Channeled Blast to hit harder and faster and crank his overall damage up by an order of magnitude and I'll be happy with the Cyclops review. Oh and whatever his signature ends up being he needs to yell "JEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAN" when he does it.

Please make Cyke way better, gaz. :ohdear:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

mcvey posted:

So I'm assuming the quickest way to level past 20 on additional characters is to do terminal+midtown LQs but what's the fastest way to 20? Is it worth it to take every additional character through the main quest?

X-def and Holo-sim is quick and simple.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The coolest thing about that pet stuff is that my DOOMHERBIE will be useful and nobody can ever get one again. Thanks, launch compensation!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Aphrodite posted:

With this being a monthly recurring event, the items don't have to actually be obtainable within a weekend.

Oh, I missed that. Makes me feel a whole lot better.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Is this a "her clothes not turning into diamond is part of ~her character~ as licensed by Fox and we're therefore not allowed to do it" kind of thing? What a crock of horseshit that'd be. I was quite looking forward to her new, classy costume too.

Also, Iron Man looks loving daunting power–wise now. Think I'll put off prestiging him for a while until people have figured it out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BobFromMarketing posted:

I didn't play him upon purchase because from what I hear he is a 1 button hero, I wanted to play Thor but every time I loaded his character I was just shocked at how poo poo his model is. My first character into the 40's was Thing(A poor choice) and now Psylocke(who is fun thus far)

Thing actually got a stealth buff a few patches back. He was my Starter back on launch day, and I shelved him at 35-ish just before Luke Cage came out. I got him to 60 not too long after the stealth buff happened.

He's sitting in a place that's good while you wait for his review. This is the build I used to take him to 60. Note that the Crimson Crystal Of Cyttorak in the 1st Articat Slot is actually an Advanced Kung Fu Training Sequence, and the Flames Of Zarathos in the 4th Artifact slot is actually a Danger's A.I. Chip that gives me +386 Damage Rating on Physical Attacks.

I threw a Brigand's Fortune on an Uru Armor for him, and didn't use a Legendary. Gungnir or Savage Axe Of Ares are good options, while the Shield Of Perseus is good for tanking everything.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dr. VonHugenstein posted:

Loki's big issue is that his only really hard hitting single target spell is a small cone aoe which sucks even more in this game than most.

Wait what? The cone is pretty sizable. It also makes it so you can do your full single target DPS to groups of bosses in X-def/Holo-sim.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

MMAgCh posted:

Also, Iron Man looks loving daunting power–wise now. Think I'll put off prestiging him for a while until people have figured it out.

Yeah I'm actually seriously considering shelving Wolvy at lvl 50 and bumping over to Iron Man since I got him in my last randoherobox just to see what all the hubbub is about. Missiles everywhere sounds a lot more fun than knify hands and a gruff attitude right now.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

The coolest thing about that pet stuff is that my DOOMHERBIE will be useful and nobody can ever get one again. Thanks, launch compensation!

I also have one. :smugdog:

It is our reward for suffering through the first months of :gaz:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

MMAgCh posted:

Is this a "her clothes not turning into diamond is part of ~her character~ as licensed by Fox and we're therefore not allowed to do it" kind of thing? What a crock of horseshit that'd be. I was quite looking forward to her new, classy costume too.

A quick google search tells me that Emma's clothes turning to Diamond as well is strictly a Movie thing, in the comics so do the clothes stay. So I really don't know what's up with that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

No, Emma Frost's clothes don't change in the comics (they actually did in the Fox movie, ironically) nor in any other Marvel games.

Including the other one Gaz runs.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Holy poo poo so doctor doom will be a playable character?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

New Iron Man is so loving fun everyone should play him. I vastly favor punching but if you like lasers that's cool too. I also think Jericho is probably a better bet than Wrist Rockets but I haven't timed the animations or anything yet, more testing needed. He has so many cool powers that I feel point-starved for the first time in ages, it's all fun.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I also have one. :smugdog:

It is our reward for suffering through the first months of :gaz:

wheres my reward for suffering through several months of you

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Aphrodite posted:

No, Emma Frost's clothes don't change in the comics (they actually did in the Fox movie, ironically) nor in any other Marvel games.

Including the other one Gaz runs.
I'm bad at keeping comic/film stuff straight. :shobon: Where do the licensing issues come in then? Or is it merely "Marvel won't let us let you have two Groots out at the same time!" all over again? :psyduck:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kalli posted:

The main thing with Ricochet shot is they can't leave it as is in a revamp, so do they make it a non-basic power? cut its damage while buffing everything else through the roof? or make it a passive chance on a bunch of his other shots?
Why can't they? It's the exact same power as Invisible Woman's Bouncing Discs just with 200 more base DPS. The only difference is that she can do much more interesting and harder hitting poo poo with her spirit so basically nobody uses that basic except for levelling. IW's Cascading Force is a giant cone that applies vulnerability and does a base +2,000 DPS over Cyclop's pencildick Channeled Blast.

The problem with Ricochet isn't that it's too strong. It's that all your other options are so weak that Ricochet's bounce makes it competetive, if not better, than them.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
drat, gambled too far. Spent $4.50 on a Deadpool ult upgrade, a credit boost, a candy boost, and a bounty hunter boost.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Eiffel On You posted:

Doomie went spoiler crazy on stream today:

Give us Omega Red gaz :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

I'm bad at keeping comic/film stuff straight. :shobon: Where do the licensing issues come in then? Or is it merely "Marvel won't let us let you have two Groots out at the same time!" all over again? :psyduck:

They've said in the past that for some reason Marvel wants her going full diamond.

BobFromMarketing
Jul 28, 2007

by Ralp

Kheldarn posted:

Thing actually got a stealth buff a few patches back. He was my Starter back on launch day, and I shelved him at 35-ish just before Luke Cage came out. I got him to 60 not too long after the stealth buff happened.

He's sitting in a place that's good while you wait for his review. This is the build I used to take him to 60. Note that the Crimson Crystal Of Cyttorak in the 1st Articat Slot is actually an Advanced Kung Fu Training Sequence, and the Flames Of Zarathos in the 4th Artifact slot is actually a Danger's A.I. Chip that gives me +386 Damage Rating on Physical Attacks.

I threw a Brigand's Fortune on an Uru Armor for him, and didn't use a Legendary. Gungnir or Savage Axe Of Ares are good options, while the Shield Of Perseus is good for tanking everything.

I have Cable, Colossus, Cyclops, Deadpool, Gambit, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Thor, Thing, and Wolverine so even if Thing is one of my higher levels there are just so many heroes I often find myself wanting to experiment with something else and making no real progress on anyone specific. I think after I max out Psylocke it will be Nightcrawler because he was always one of my favorites.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I AM THE MOON posted:

wheres my reward for suffering through several months of you

Your reward is more of me.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Aphrodite posted:

They've said in the past that for some reason Marvel wants her going full diamond.

That's dumb and lazy, Marvel. :colbert:

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
streaming 52 reworked Iron Man in the new GotG white variant costume

http://twitch.tv/pyronicex

answering questions on mumble or in twitch chat.

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 9, 2014

BobFromMarketing
Jul 28, 2007

by Ralp
Ugh Iron Man does have the best costumes doesn't he? Man that's tempting.

STOP HAVING SO MUCH DECENT CONTENT PULLING ME IN THIRTY DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS!

rhinohelix
Aug 19, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pyronic posted:

WTF making those FF and the White Iron Man GoTG variant exclusive to the Pro Pack? Ugh :gaz: for making me consider buying it.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Pyronic posted:

Wait they reworked iron man? Wasn't he already one of the best?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Comrade Flynn posted:

no

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The max rolls for the Doop artifact appear to be 20%/800 DR/900 Dodge. That's obviously best in slot for Cable, but what about pure Mental characters? Would it beat out Advanced Meta/Amulet of Agamotto?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Comrade Flynn posted:

They are reworking every character in the game until everyone has a lv52 progression. Iron Man was quicker to do than most others, apparently, but still changed an awful lot.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Kelp Plankton posted:

They are reworking every character in the game until everyone has a lv52 progression. Iron Man was quicker to do than most others, apparently, but still changed an awful lot.

a surprising amount.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Is Psylocke a decent hero? I got her out of my last random and have both her and Black Widow and was wanting to level one of them as a primarily melee character, but I have no idea which one is better/more fun.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Psylocke is pretty good, but requires a bit of your attention span.

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod
5 cosmic box trip report --

Invisible Mom (didn't have!)

Black Widow Fear Itself

Emma Phoenix

Iron Man Mark I

Thor Marvel Now!

Iron Buddy Pet

Bunch of boosts, including a couple of 2 hour iridium triples and a couple of splinter boosts

All in all pretty drat pleased with what I got for 20 bux.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Ms. Marvel has some huge design issues (half her powers are total garbage, she's a grab bag of one of every type of attack in the game) and literally only has one build, but the numbers on that build are reasonable. Please don't listen to people telling you she unconditionally owns, it's a dumb goon thing - she's in serious need of a re-re-review, even if she isn't actually garbage.

I really wanted to get internet mad at you about this, but it's honestly true. Ms. Marvel owns if you like the one VERY SPECIFIC way she plays. She punches things pretty hard and she explodes things with energy, and that's it. I would love to see all her useless Brawling and anemic Photonic powers rebalanced to be in line with Haymaker and Wave, but that's not going to happen for an eternity, if ever.

I'm still working up the fortitude to cosmic her because her one build is my favorite in the game, though. Your mileage may vary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ms. Marvel is durable but her damage sucks and so does her spirit regeneration.

Also she's boring.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Zombie Samurai posted:

I'm still working up the fortitude to cosmic her because her one build is my favorite in the game, though. Your mileage may vary.

Which build are you referring to? The Melee build linked from the OP, or is there a new variation now? I did my first 30 levels using the Photonics build, but I can already tell it isn't going to be sustainable for much longer unless I want to invest in some gear (I just want to push through to 60 for my synergies, so I doubt I will do any item farming or trading to continue to build up the character post Level cap.)

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Brevick just said on stream Nick Fury will be equivalent to the D2 necromancer :banjo: The Nickromancer

Murvin fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 9, 2014

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

EricFate posted:

Which build are you referring to? The Melee build linked from the OP, or is there a new variation now? I did my first 30 levels using the Photonics build, but I can already tell it isn't going to be sustainable for much longer unless I want to invest in some gear (I just want to push through to 60 for my synergies, so I doubt I will do any item farming or trading to continue to build up the character post Level cap.)

Max her passives, cosmic haymaker, photonic wave, sig and crashdown when you get it. 1 pt flight of the warbird, defiant escape, warbird charge if you can get used to it. dump points into mighty punch if you want.

She's my favorite hero but that is her only build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Murvin posted:

Brevick just said on stream Nick Fury will be equivalent to the D2 necromancer :banjo: The Nickromancer

So, like, summoning a stream of SHIELD agents with low health that are constantly dying to mobs? Just drowning mobs in piles of bodies? :black101:

I wonder if one of his abilities will be hidden SHIELD Self-Destruct Packs in his troops... :getin:

e: Doomsaw has apparently confirmed in the pet-tech thread that Bamf pets will be a thing.

e2: Dropped $20 on cosmic boxes, got Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, MK token, Storm 90s costume, Stash pet and a bunch of boosts, then ground 3 extra costumes (Rocket Modern, Rocket Marvel NOW, NC Classic) up and got Silver Savage. :buddy:

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 9, 2014

• Locked thread