Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Fiendly posted:

(Click banner for playlist)

Stage 4: Armington

This video should be armed and ready in just a few minutes.

Really enjoying these videos. Played this so much on the Sega Channel, but never really got very far in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

TieTuesday posted:

Part 12

I undoubtedly broke the rules of the game this time and I'm not loving sorry. :colbert:
No no you can actually do that, it's just very difficult to do so cuz ships tend to not skirt so close towards islands and you can't let go of your wheel whilst in battle. I mean if you wanna kill off a high-level ship you can totally do this and it works absolutely fine.
And it is loving stupid. :v:

Also PLEASE go back to Great Inagua at some point and get all the upgrades.
All the houses.
Especially that one super-sexy upgrade...you'll know what I mean. :heysexy:

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 7, 2014

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

FinalGamer posted:

No no you can actually do that, it's just very difficult to do so cuz ships tend to not skirt so close towards islands and you can't let go of your wheel whilst in battle. I mean if you wanna kill off a high-level ship you can totally do this and it works absolutely fine.
And it is loving stupid. :v:

I tried doing it to a man-of-war.

It blew me out of the water before I could get close.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Same old, same old: Scroll down for the newest video.

Old links:

Homeworld: Cataclysm 01 - The training

Homeworld: Cataclysm 02 - Space War in Space

Homeworld: Cataclysm 03 - The Search for Trouble

Homeworld: Cataclysm 04 - Minesweeper Advanced

History of the Hiigaran Landfall

The story of the Kushan Exodus to Hiigara is widely known and often told; most of us already know all about the voyage. In six months, the survivors of our entire race traveled from the prison world of Kharak to our once and future homeworld. The trip was a major turning point not only for the Kushan people, but for most of the civilized galaxy; our return to Hiigara was not only the end of our 3,000-year exile, but the end of the Taidani Empire, and its tyranny over billions.

By the ancient Kharakian dating system, the Kushan people returned to Hiigara in the year 1216 (Galactic Standard Year 9,510). In honor of the momentous occasion, Kiith Sjet declared the beginning of a new calendar on the day the returning Kushan first set foot on our homeworld. By decree, the Hiigaran Landfall marked the first day of a new Year Zero. From that time on, “days” have been measured by Hiigara’s period of rotation, and “years” according to the revolutions of Hiigara around its mother sun. By the new dating system, these words are written in the year 15 AHL (GSY 9525)-15 years after Hiigaran
Landfall.

The past decade and a half have been a time of both celebration and adversity for the Kushan people. Nearly 550,000 of us survived the Exodus from Kharak, but our culture has been subjected to tremendous stress. There is not a single aspect of Kushan existence which we have not been forced to re-examine in light of our new circumstances. Even the simplest things, like providing our population with food and shelter, have proved far more complicated than we ever imagined. Defending ourselves has been our most serious concern. The Bentusi and the new Taidanii Republic have established a small buffer zone around Hiigara, a region approximately 10 lightyears in diameter. Anything within a 5 lightyear radius of Hiigara is considered our space, and we are obligated to defend it.

Our warrior kiithid are forced to maintain constant patrols to keep our spaceways from being overrun, not only by the mongrel ships of the pirate races, but by the last bitter remnants of the Imperial fleet. The Mothership, which once carried our people safely across 35,000 lightyears of uncharted space, is no longer fully operational. Deprived of the conscious direction of Karan Sjet, the Mothership’s engines are set on automatic; She serves as an orbital space station and shipyard. Manned by a skeleton crew of 8,000 engineers, the Mothership provides living quarters for those working in low orbit, and She has given birth to over 30 carrier-class ships since the Hiigaran Landfall.

The result of this phenomenal output has been a new Hiigaran navy, which consists of six great Fleets; the largest of our present-day kiithid have each taken command of an autonomous carrier group. The fleets of Manaan, Soban, Naabal, LiirHra, Paktu and Kaalel take turns patrolling the outer systems, guarding our trade routes, and defending Hiigara itself.

Addressing the practical concerns of our people has been hard enough; up until the year 11 AHL (9521 GSY) , food rationing was common, and on the surface of Hiigara, thousands are still engaged in construction. Providing for our peoples’ practical needs has been difficult, however, providing for their political needs has been far, far more troublesome.

Kushan society has been in a state of flux since the Exodus; finding some way to give all our people a fair say in government is a serious problem, and no one is entirely satisfied by any solution. The New Daiamid was completed in the year 4 AHL, (9514 GSY) the crowning glory of our planetary capital at Asaam Kiith’sid. The Daiamid Assembly is still the main governing body of the Kushan race, although its detractors claim that the New Daiamid cannot rule as fairly as its predecessor on Kharak once did. Such hotheads denounce the current Assembly as a sham, and maintain that a few families wield too much power.

Sadly, there is some merit to this accusation! Over one-half of the Kushan population now belong to one of six kiithid, and by virtue of sheer population the major families have tremendous influence. The Paktu, the Manaan, the Sjet, Naabal, LiirHra, Kaalel and Soban are by far the largest kiith groupings in existence, and their combined numbers come to almost 300,000. By contrast, the majority of other kiithid on Hiigara can boast a few hundred souls at best; most are lucky to have even that many. In some cases the kiithid, once over 100,000 strong on Kharak, now only have 30 or 40 members.

These smaller kiithid are now collectively known as the Sleepers, because most of them spent the voyage from Kharak in cryogenic suspension. Coming from all walks of life, the only thing that these men and women have in common today is their powerlessness in the present Daiamid system. Unable to compete with large kiithid which can lay claim to half a continent at a time, exhausted by years of struggle for a voice in the Assembly, many of these small kiithid have given up the fight to establish a power base for themselves on Hiigara. Dozens of Sleeper clans have chosen in recent years to abandon their ancient names and become vassals instead, joining their bloodlines to powerhouses like the Paktu or the Naabal. The family honor comes a poor second, as always, to survival; surrendering to necessity is an ancient tradition among the Kushan. It may eventually come to pass that the entire kiith system, which still connects us to the life we once lived on Kharak, will collapse.

The newest video:

Homeworld: Casual Cataclysm 05 -Space Horror

Libluini fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 7, 2014

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Pyroi posted:

I tried doing it to a man-of-war.

It blew me out of the water before I could get close.
Yeah uh, I tried to sneak attack behind one once by swimming and they have snipers on the crow's nest SPECIFICALLY for poo poo like this happening. So that was fun.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

crossposting from the yob, I hope that's not frowned upon.

playin some megazone, but mostly exed exes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdlDCWGnWds

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Pizzatime posted:

crossposting from the yob, I hope that's not frowned upon.

playin some megazone, but mostly exed exes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdlDCWGnWds

Christ now there's a game I havn't seen in fuckin forever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Level 8 Zone B is about options. You can either bounce off exploding crates over electricity, or you can jump over exploding crates over pits.

Part 9: http://youtu.be/F2Aw7o87EzQ

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

The search for the missing agents is on, and Omega 19's plan is revealed.

Mission 3: Silo 7 East

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Rest of Chapter 10!

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Catsworth posted:

Rest of Chapter 10!
Seriously getting into this I have to say, that video got loving creepy fast.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It is over! After the torture sessions of Zone A and B the developers gave up and came up with the easiest, lamest, shittiest boss possible. Luckily this means a short video!

Part 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VT7qXvFqvA

If you missed Zone A and B you can find them here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOBXsC1bvek and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Aw7o87EzQ

Thanks for everyone who watched, I hope the anti-climax of the boss was everything you hoped it would be. I'm still in awe of it, and hopefully we still get that sequel!

I was inspired by the badness of this game to LP Sonic 06, so if you couldn't get enough bad games check it out: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656903

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

That ending was positively Shakespearean. Thanks for the LP, it was a lot of fun to watch.

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

Nikki heads to Budapest to track down whoever gave Omega 19 the Coldbringer. This is actually the first mission in which limited ammo becomes a problem.

Mission 4:The Magyar Klub

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7 (New!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-vBhccSlc

Today on Let's Chill to Dark Souls 2 we head into the gutter and stumble our way through a depressingly dark area that I just couldn't brighten in Sony Vegas without washing out the colors and making it look bleh. Sorry! At least the darkness adds to the oppressive atmosphere.

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

The game puts the player in charge of a self-named corporation in a gritty near-future cyberpunk-style world in the year 2096. The teams of up to four cyborg agents are used in a series of deadly missions, which include assassinations, infiltration, theft and "persuasion" (using a device called a Persuadertron to capture individuals of importance). The game's objective is to establish world-wide dominance with the established syndicate, one territory at a time, while engaging and eliminating rival syndicates and putting down internal mutinies.

Mission 5: Stauffer Bank

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Chapter 11

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009

Iron Chitlin posted:

The game puts the player in charge of a self-named corporation in a gritty near-future cyberpunk-style world in the year 2096. The teams of up to four cyborg agents are used in a series of deadly missions, which include assassinations, infiltration, theft and "persuasion" (using a device called a Persuadertron to capture individuals of importance). The game's objective is to establish world-wide dominance with the established syndicate, one territory at a time, while engaging and eliminating rival syndicates and putting down internal mutinies.

Mission 5: Stauffer Bank

The bank level is in Switzerland, not Hungary. They said so in the cutscene before the level. The game is total garbage in every way but that is no excuse to ignore cutscenes and then complain about issues that were addressed in them :colbert:

VV Well yeah obviously but it's the principle of the matter :colbert:

Hammurabi fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 14, 2014

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hammurabi posted:

The bank level is in Switzerland, not Hungary. They said so in the cutscene before the level. The game is total garbage in every way but that is no excuse to ignore cutscenes and then complain about issues that were addressed in them :colbert:

The game is dumb and deserves none of the attention its getting.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8(New!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xabDuNwABEY

Today on Let's Chill to Dark Souls 2 we kill lots of catbois and push our way through the mist to fight angry scorpion ladies. I make that sound a lot more homoerotic than it is, I'm sure.

TieTuesday
Sep 10, 2013

SODA TIME

Part 13

Back to the main quest :(
But I've gotten so many upgrades that it isn't much of an issue.
I AM A DEATH TORNADO :goku:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Chapter 12 and 13

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9 (New!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XewLgIciibE

Today on Let's Chill to Dark Souls 2 we SPIDERS. SPIDERS. NO GOD NOT THE SPIDERS.

Then we go hang out with Vengarl for a bit!

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Ah wonderful, it is spider time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Please forgive my panhandling about being scared of spiders, it's only for this episode since it turns out I accidentally lied and I don't go back. At least I didn't lose my chill, the chill is the most important element.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I don't hold being scared of spiders against you, even if the spiders were super weak I understand some people have difficulty with giant spiders in videogames but those spiders are not weak.

Spider time is definitely once of the places when Dark Souls 2 turns up the Dark Soulsometer.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Episode 6!

In which we explore a diamond mine and I stumble around like a drunken idiot. I'm not actually drunk, I was scatterbrained enough that day to mess up that much.

Killer Emcee
May 19, 2010

"Looks like your angel has misplaced her halo."
Time for a double feature.

Chapter 1-3

Part 1

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

The Rest of Chapter 13.

There are only two chapters left and they're probably not very long but I'll probably stream them a little bit later in case anyone wants to see the end live.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10 (New!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oClDsC6Axfc

Today on Let's Chill to Dark Souls 2 we make our way up Drangleic Castle the hard way, and then fight the Double Dragon(riders) multiple times because I have an aneurysm and forget how to play video games! I was surprised to see that YouTube's auto-music-identifying-whatever caught me for Lymbyc Systym, I didn't think anybody even knew they existed besides me.

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

Welcome to Toorum mode!*

Toorum's Quest

*this is not Toorum mode

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
poo poo I completely forgot about this. Oh well, here's more fighting:

Level 4 - Bay Area

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

(Click banner for playlist)

Stage 5: Pumpington

As mentioned in the video, here's the must-see objet d'art: http://twitpic.com/eap4nn

Killer Emcee
May 19, 2010

"Looks like your angel has misplaced her halo."

Part 1
Part 2

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

TieTuesday posted:

Part 13

Back to the main quest :(
But I've gotten so many upgrades that it isn't much of an issue.
I AM A DEATH TORNADO :goku:

They really should have made the game about Blackbeard, he's by far the best character. And most of his hijinks is historically accurate too.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

They really should have made the game about Blackbeard, he's by far the best character. And most of his hijinks is historically accurate too.
Isn't there a DLC where you can PLAY as Blackbeard? I just remembered this now but I'm sure there is.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hey guess who's no longer terrifyingly close to becoming homeless! :woop: To celebrate, here's a video to inflict upon you guys :frog:

Let's Play Skyrim Episode 1 - Shipwreck of an LP

We're playing a heavily modded version of Skyrim, and between recording sessions, I'm going to randomly dump more in through the steam workshop. We're probably going to continue doing this until the game is completely unplayable. We did this once before without putting it on youtube, and we found a ton of poo poo that I forgot we installed. If you're curious, I found a few screenshots from our old playthrough and uploaded them here.

Current Mod Count: 99

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
My record for number of simultanious Skyrim mods is 218; at that number the game was playable for about ~15 minutes at a time between crashes. I use the term 'playable' lightly.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Danaru posted:

Hey guess who's no longer terrifyingly close to becoming homeless! :woop: To celebrate, here's a video to inflict upon you guys :frog:

Let's Play Skyrim Episode 1 - Shipwreck of an LP

We're playing a heavily modded version of Skyrim, and between recording sessions, I'm going to randomly dump more in through the steam workshop. We're probably going to continue doing this until the game is completely unplayable. We did this once before without putting it on youtube, and we found a ton of poo poo that I forgot we installed. If you're curious, I found a few screenshots from our old playthrough and uploaded them here.

Current Mod Count: 99
I already see a problem with this LP - skeleton shouldn't be able to swim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Neruz posted:

My record for number of simultanious Skyrim mods is 218; at that number the game was playable for about ~15 minutes at a time between crashes. I use the term 'playable' lightly.

We ended up stopping the last time we played because the Dragonborn DLC became unbeatable. Not even from a mod, the last area just glitched out and we couldn't leave unless we used the console and broke every quest script ever. :shrug:

Forgall posted:

I already see a problem with this LP - skeleton shouldn't be able to swim.

Skelly cares not for your puny, fleshy physics. :colbert:

• Locked thread