Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

MrAristocrates posted:

Everything about that reveal was insane.

Okay, what is this and where can I see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DivisionPost posted:

Okay, what is this and where can I see it?

Sony announced a horror game called P.T. with a very cryptic trailer that didn't reveal much. The company making P.T. was also totally obscure (because they didn't exist). Nobody knew anything about it, but Sony made the demo available a few hours after Gamescom today. With that context, watch this video of the end of the demo: (The reveal starts at about 2:00, sorry about the commentary) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0thrqa2Ww

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kevin Spacey is the bad guy in the new CoD. Like, face rendered and everything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

Sony announced a horror game called P.T. with a very cryptic trailer that didn't reveal much. The company making P.T. was also totally obscure (because they didn't exist). Nobody knew anything about it, but Sony made the demo available a few hours after Gamescom today. With that context, watch this video of the end of the demo: (The reveal starts at about 2:00, sorry about the commentary) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0thrqa2Ww

The demo has a really creepy Eraserhead homage in it too.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

MrAristocrates posted:

I was very confused, I thought the main character was narrating as she walked through the creepy halls. I was like, wow, this protagonist is really cheerful for a horror game. Either that or they're in some sort of fake haunted house. Turns out it was just a commentator.

Edit: Also Lauren Bacall just died. :(

Ravane fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 13, 2014

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
DirectTv's Rogue got a 20 episode renewal [they're going to split them into 2 seasons].

It's great news because for all the attention other summer fare receives, this one really has grown into a stronger show that feels like its earning its fanbase. Feel free to check out what you're missing. I keep hoping it gets it's own thread every season but no such luck.

Season 1 - http://youtu.be/mbhqKwaRf88

Season 2 - http://youtu.be/72OExlVH8MU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Oops, already posted.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 13, 2014

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

He was on the "How Did This Get Made?" podcast and he was more joke-y. He wasn't high energy or anything like that but he definitely acted more like a normal person.

Also how he's here in the video embedded in this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/15/magazine/nathan-fielder.html

Of course he's going to be more charismatic and socially capable than his TV avatar. But I thought it interesting that he refers to that character as a younger, more awkward, version of himself. You can really tell, the groundness really adds to everything.

hope and vaseline posted:

He was a huge fan of Evangelion, a series that's basically a personality deconstruction of a severely depressed child thrown into all the big robot anime tropes but reacts appropriately by further retreating inwards instead of embracing the role of a hero.

Was that what was supposed to be happening? I was too irritated by the constant cartoon girl flashing, stupid jokes, story and plot cock blocking...whatever man, anime sucks. Though I thought Rahxephon was a better version of Evangelion.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Okay, I don't know if I'm going to be able to watch Play It Again, Dick, but I have to respect some of its extremely meta thinking:

The idea is that in Ryan Hansen's Veronica Mars reboot, Hansen wants to re-introduce Duncan Kane as a character, but he can't get Teddy Dunn. So he replaces him with Ryan Devlin.

Who played the serial rapist Veronica chased in the first part of Season 3.

What a beautifully hosed-up concept.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/veronica-mars-gang-to-reunite-for-uber-meta-spinoff-series-play-it-again-dick

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I hope that means they're openly mocking the stuff that didn't work in Season 3.

Hell, even the movie basically admitted that Piz was a lovely, boring character.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MrAristocrates posted:

There is nothing about this I don't love. :fap:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I seriously don't understand people complaining about Norman Reedus being part of it. Yeah, he's in Walking Dead but he's also the best part of Walking Dead performance-wise and was in stuff before that (Boondock Saints, anyone?)

Seems to me like people just don't like the idea of a recognizable actor in their video games for some reason.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sorry, are you trying to say that some gamers are making bullshit arguments about something?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

PantsBandit posted:

I seriously don't understand people complaining about Norman Reedus being part of it. Yeah, he's in Walking Dead but he's also the best part of Walking Dead performance-wise and was in stuff before that (Boondock Saints, anyone?)

Seems to me like people just don't like the idea of a recognizable actor in their video games for some reason.
I dunno, if they are doing full performance capture then great. If it's just VO then ... there are plenty of other recognizable and talented VO people in the games industry that would run circles around "famous Hollywood actors".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's his actual face so I'm pretty sure they're doing capture.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I think people find it off-putting to see close-to-life CGI renditions of name actors, for uncanny valley reasons.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hcreight posted:

I think people find it off-putting to see close-to-life CGI renditions of name actors, for uncanny valley reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKYHuhg0l3I&t=113s

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

hcreight posted:

You'd think that, wouldn't you.

reddit posted:

mmmm empowered women are just hot as hell.

:circlefap:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

I've seen things in the gamers.txt thread that you wouldn't believe.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

hcreight posted:

I kind of dislike it because it's never done very well.

Case in point, and perhaps subliminal reason for people pitching a fit: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-the-walking-dead-survival-instinct/2300-7170/

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Part of it too is people saying that they should be spending the big actor money on making the game better.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Eggman and Guyelmo Guy teaming up to superhero Silent Hill back from lovely western mediocrity is amazing.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

PantsBandit posted:

(Boondock Saints, anyone?)

There are people that like The Boondock Saints outside of GBS circa 2004?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I imagine a few of them are also people getting behind War Machine on Twitter after he nearly beat his ex-girlfriend to death, but yes.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I found/find it to be a fairly entertaining action movie with some pretty cool shootouts. Apparently people have issues with it, whatever, I don't think Norman Reedus was anyone's problem though.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yes believe it or not, a lot of people liked a movie where two bros go around killing a bunch of bad guys while spitting witty one-liners. Crazy, I know.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

VDay posted:

Yes believe it or not, a lot of people liked a movie where two bros go around killing a bunch of bad guys while spitting witty one-liners. Crazy, I know.

Now I want the new thread title to be "You and yer fuckin' rope!" just to spite OS.

(Yes, I liked the movie when I was 13, even though I have a decent sense of its issues and Troy Duffy is pretty much the Douchebag King.)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

THERE WAS A FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE FIGHT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsuH1msEkvM

That movie is loving stupid in the best ways. gently caress the sequel tho.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 14, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This lovely metal band used that as an intro for one of their songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OeztYGqcJs

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

That's a drat shame.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

I imagine a few of them are also people getting behind War Machine on Twitter after he nearly beat his ex-girlfriend to death, but yes.

Avengers 3 is getting weird.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
The narration in Outlander is doing all the heavy lifting and it's not particularly good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is kind of weird, for the second week in a row USA has put out commercials for shows that had nothing to do with the actual episodes. Last week it was Suits where they made it seem like the there was some kind of conflict going on with the main character being specifically targeted by the SEC, which didn't happen and in fact a line from the commercial wasn't even in the episode. This week they had one for Graceland that made it seem like one character screwed over another, but the characters never interacted with each other at all in the entire episode.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is kind of weird, for the second week in a row USA has put out commercials for shows that had nothing to do with the actual episodes. Last week it was Suits where they made it seem like the there was some kind of conflict going on with the main character being specifically targeted by the SEC, which didn't happen and in fact a line from the commercial wasn't even in the episode. This week they had one for Graceland that made it seem like one character screwed over another, but the characters never interacted with each other at all in the entire episode.
Are you sure you're not watching reruns?

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Speaking of Veronica Mars, I don't know why I was a little... shocked(?) that I saw a commercial for the movie on HBO. Instinctively I wanted to say, "No stupid, that can't be on TV! It's not a real movie, it's an internet movie" or something.

This week they had one for Graceland that made it seem like one character screwed over another, but the characters never interacted with each other at all in the entire episode.
I dunno, I seem to recall they did that all the time in the ads for the first season which I watched :shrug:

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

DivisionPost posted:

Don Cheedle or the comic book?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Some MMA fighter changed his name to War Machine.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Haha oh that guy. I saw something on the news but thought it was a football player.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can't really prove it wasn't Ultron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Fooz posted:

First Manhattan and now an alan ball show about mozart & salieri .

Tv is rewarding me.

On the one hand it sound very interesting, on the other hand it's yet another Hollywood product futhering the incredibly wrong myth of Salieri and Mozart not getting along.

• Locked thread