Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Alistar only report:

This game is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Gnar seems really bad. Building up for abilities is annoying and terrible. His Q feels like it does nothing and by the time he transforms it's often too late.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Flameingblack posted:

I wouldn't expect much about optimal Gnar for a couple weeks. It's kinda like when Kha'Zix came out and no one knew what to do, so he sucked. When Lucian came out, and no one knew what he did so he sucked, and Vel'Koz came out and he still sucks.

Also he got two very significant buffs after like a week which boosted him from "meh" to "zomg" but everybody ignores that every time they want to be smug about Lucian.

Edit: I am however concerned that Gnar is going to play out just like other champions with complex kits released in the last year: People can't figure him out on the first day, whine incessantly, Riot massively overbuffs his numbers, people figure him out, now he's on permaban status for months while Riot trickles out tweaks.

Just leave him alone for a while, Riot. Please.

Che Delilas fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 14, 2014

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Of all the Gnars I've seen today he seems... good if you're good, bad if you're bad. He can do a lot of damage and gets a huge movespeed boost out of Mega Mode, but if you miss your boomerang/boulder and hop his sustained damage feels meh. I think his playstyle is cool though and it's nice to have a transform champ not be a giant pile of cheap bullshit.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
It really seems like his mini form is underpowered and big one is overpowered. I was Garen against a Diamond Gnar and I shat on the mini form but holy loving poo poo if I went anywhere near big Gnar I was dead 100%.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Che Delilas posted:

Also he got two very significant buffs after like a week which boosted him from "meh" to "zomg" but everybody ignores that every time they want to be smug about Lucian.

Edit: I am however concerned that Gnar is going to play out just like other champions with complex kits released in the last year: People can't figure him out on the first day, whine incessantly, Riot massively overbuffs his numbers, people figure him out, now he's on permaban status for months while Riot trickles out tweaks.

Just leave him alone for a while, Riot. Please.

Stop criticizing Riot for things they haven't done yet

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

theflyingorc posted:

Stop criticizing Riot for things they haven't done yet

Sure thing, except that's not what I did at all. I criticized them for what they've done in the past, and expressed concern that they'll do it again. Maybe people calling them out on their track record will give them pause this timeHAHAHAHAHA.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

It really seems like his mini form is underpowered and big one is overpowered. I was Garen against a Diamond Gnar and I shat on the mini form but holy loving poo poo if I went anywhere near big Gnar I was dead 100%.

Yeah, the mini form melts under a stiff breeze, and the range feels pretty negligible if you have any gapcloser at all, but the double stuns, etc on mega are scary.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
"ur only winning lane bcuz ur butt buddy Vi"
"omg noobs takes 2 of you to kill me"
"noob u can't win w/o jungle help"
"fuk u jungler stop camping"

This. This is my nutrition. It warms the cockles of my black, shriveled heart to see one or two simple ganks send the enemy laner into a horrible rage spiral. This is what jungling is for.

Witters
Jan 14, 2008

If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.

Che Delilas posted:

Sure thing, except that's not what I did at all. I criticized them for what they've done in the past, and expressed concern that they'll do it again. Maybe people calling them out on their track record will give them pause this timeHAHAHAHAHA.

They could have a rare Vel'koz moment where the champion is safely tuned to neither scale hard or fall off too much, but looking at Gnar's kit, there's too much potential for gently caress-upery.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Really enjoyed playing Miss Fortune tonight. Kind of sad that it took a pink explosion skin to make me want to play a bunch of games on her. Just got to a full item game and won to close the night.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I just had someone queue dodge a bots game (I'm learning a new champ while I wait for queues to pull their heads out of their asses). Pretty sure it was because someone else instalocked Gnar. :thumbsup:

Then in my next one nobody picked Gnar at all. :iiam:

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Libertine posted:

Really enjoyed playing Miss Fortune tonight. Kind of sad that it took a pink explosion skin to make me want to play a bunch of games on her. Just got to a full item game and won to close the night.

As someone who was already and MF fan, this skin is the best :D

Now if I can figure out why I'm getting hosed up 500ms lag, I'd be happy

Rymos
Jan 31, 2014
I haven't really been playing normal 5v5s too much lately--I've been playing ARAMs. To that end, it feels like the enemy team is always super stacked with all the poke champions ever.

I did get fiddle, though. Stacking mpen with him is rather fun with the balloon doggies.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

JerryLee posted:

I just had someone queue dodge a bots game (I'm learning a new champ while I wait for queues to pull their heads out of their asses). Pretty sure it was because someone else instalocked Gnar. :thumbsup:

between this and people dodging normals the only safe haven to actually get to play a champion and not have someone dodge is ARAM

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yo, i just saw the new op and i can't help but notice the gif of bond whiffing his ult horribly on ez isnt there

someone needs to fix this because i dont have that gif anymore

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
A lot of stuff on Gnar can be described as combination of other characters abilities

ie: Ult : Fat Long Flay cross with the stun on Condemn
Passive: Renekton passive crossed with Shyvana ult that's automatically used at full rage
The mega Q is pretty much Olaf's axe toss too.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Libertine posted:

Welcome, friend, to the best team. At some point you owe it to yourself to rush Brutalizer first item and then just laugh and laugh and laugh when a double-up bounce does 30% of the enemy ADCs health.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

The Mash posted:

Welcome, friend, to the best team. At some point you owe it to yourself to rush Brutalizer first item and then just laugh and laugh and laugh when a double-up bounce does 30% of the enemy ADCs health.

Or you forget to change out runes/masteries and go in with full AP runes/masteries and your level 1 double up causes the enemy Vayne to freak the gently caress out because she just lost half her health in 1 auto+second bounce double up.

That was one of the funniest games I'd ever had, it worked so well until about level 4-5 when it all balanced out again.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
The konami code still exists but it's a new code and your mouse has to be highlighted over a ceetain area on the client. Thats all I can share, google is your friend

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Just laned with a Lucian who went 0/25.

We still won the game.

Let that be a lesson to never give up.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/55437797/200001699

I used to hate midlane but gently caress me Fizz is the best champion ever. His troll poll is so much fun.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Gnar does seem bad. You can't really build him one way because half of the time the items you get for him will be a waste. It's weird. I just had one on the other team feed horribly, against a Garen no more.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Tonetta posted:

The konami code still exists but it's a new code and your mouse has to be highlighted over a ceetain area on the client. Thats all I can share, google is your friend

I'm pretty sure that code changed at least 3 times before the current one.

Witters
Jan 14, 2008

If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.

Jelly posted:

Just laned with a Lucian who went 0/25.

We still won the game.

Let that be a lesson to never give up.

Not great advice. Some games should be given up. Although I'd love to see a replay or the game summary of this most rare of games.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I just have nothing but Good Vibes when I see a Dark Candy Fiddlesticks on my team :allears:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Witters posted:

Not great advice. Some games should be given up. Although I'd love to see a replay or the game summary of this most rare of games.
Was worse in my brain than reality, I was mistaken. 5/20 was the actual. At like 0/5 he started saying he gave up. We just told him to have fun and he responded sulkily. Started running haphazardly down the lane to 1 v 3/4/5 the enemy team, repeatedly. When we team fought them at their Baron attempt he sat in the bush up by top and watched.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1492789232/40142735

Their Fiddle was a monster, too.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
First Tower Destroyed: 17:55

god thats late

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1493439108/34336434

Why does my team ( including me ) have 3 mejai's in platinum ranked lmao

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NTT posted:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1493439108/34336434

Why does my team ( including me ) have 3 mejai's in platinum ranked lmao

Our shaco went mejais and occult and won the game 28-0 a few weeks ago. I wish I knew who he was.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
This sounds loving hilarious.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NTT posted:

This sounds loving hilarious.

He had full build and level 18 when others were still like 12. Would just Q + E and instantly 2shot someone.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

GreyPowerVan posted:

Our shaco went mejais and occult and won the game 28-0 a few weeks ago. I wish I knew who he was.

He was the reason why you remember your ABC: Always Ban Clowns

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
A top laner feeding against a Garen or similar early game super-bully is not an indication that the champion is bad. Please stop saying this poo poo because we all know Riot will inevitably bow to your lack of ability and buff the champion to become an insufferable first ban / first pick status super statball until Christmas.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Brannock posted:

Hey Servaetes, you played any Skarner recently? I'm looking for a new grab-and-eliminate jungler to start playing as I'm bored of my current stable of Vi/Wukong/Xin Zhao/Rammus.

Yeah he's still fantastic. Attackspeed reds/quints and 5% cdr from blues and fill in the rest. Definitely play him if you enjoyed him!

Luna Was Here posted:

yo, i just saw the new op and i can't help but notice the gif of bond whiffing his ult horribly on ez isnt there

someone needs to fix this because i dont have that gif anymore

Find it and I'll put it up

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

seizure later posted:

A top laner feeding against a Garen or similar early game super-bully is not an indication that the champion is bad. Please stop saying this poo poo because we all know Riot will inevitably bow to your lack of ability and buff the champion to become an insufferable first ban / first pick status super statball until Christmas.

Since when is Garen a super bully? He's pretty much the worst toplaner you can play who's actually intended for the role, including guys like Mordekaiser.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Transient People posted:

Since when is Garen a super bully? He's pretty much the worst toplaner you can play who's actually intended for the role, including guys like Mordekaiser.

Garen being a bad champion and him being able to bully people from levels 1-6 are not mutually exclusive. The same goes for Mordekaiser. Sorry about your comprehension on the matter.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

seizure later posted:

Garen being a bad champion and him being able to bully people from levels 1-6 are not mutually exclusive. The same goes for Mordekaiser. Sorry about your comprehension on the matter.

To be fair, he is not very good at it against most champions that you see in top nowadays. Almost everyone there can either safely disengage from him or just straight out trade him.

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
How about building Gnar as a split pusher?

You can throw boots of go fast and a hurricane on him and use it's ability to quickly trigger his hyper, push lanes, and then run (or hop) away into the jungle when they come for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Shankel Magnus posted:

How about building Gnar as a split pusher?

You can throw boots of go fast and a hurricane on him and use it's ability to quickly trigger his hyper, push lanes, and then run (or hop) away into the jungle when they come for you.

he can be good at pushing but you can't build hurricane because it's a bad item and you will transform after like 2 waves and then it does nothing

better would probably be getting ghostblade for that

• Locked thread