Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

muscles like this? posted:

At least he stopped sporting the Hitler mustache.

I dunno, I liked to think he lost a bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Kaizoku posted:

I dunno, I liked to think he lost a bet.

With Michael Jordan, I'd be shocked if this wasn't the case.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Craptacular! posted:

They realize that Dave Thomas was also fat, right?

The difference was that Dave Thomas built the company from the ground up and had a obvious love for his product, whereas RealWendy ate it from ceiling down and she's also got a fat ugly face

Dr. Jamming
Apr 11, 2007

People are talking out there... and I hear it all.

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

The AT&T family plan commercials have hit a new low for me. Watching Gordon Ramsey buy a plan seems weird. He does not question a thing just accepts it. This feels like a lazy ad where they paid Ramsey to show up for one day of shooting.

One of the comments there made me feel like Lily is going to be the next Flo for guys to fantasize about.
:v: "Lily has a nice rack on her. Love the side view."

I was on the fence about this one, but it's actually great. The actress had perfect delivery at the end, and it killed me.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

The difference was that Dave Thomas built the company from the ground up and had a obvious love for his product, whereas RealWendy ate it from ceiling down and she's also got a fat ugly face
I don't care if she's fat, the commercials with her are far less annoying than the ones with the prettier girl. No one should be that loving smug about anything, let alone fast food.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Every day I go into work, I get to see Dave Thomas's mug staring back at me from a pamphlet about being screened early for cancer.

The man will always be there. Staring back. Beckoning you to be screened for cancer, but also hinting that maybe you should buy a fresh hamburger too.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Promoted Pawn posted:

With Michael Jordan, I'd be shocked if this wasn't the case.

:thejoke:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Dr. Jamming posted:

I was on the fence about this one, but it's actually great. The actress had perfect delivery at the end, and it killed me.

Totally agreed! Not that it makes a lick of difference, but as someone who ~works in advertising~ I actually think that ATT campaign with that lady are great; she sells the copy really really well

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Celery Face posted:

I don't care if she's fat, the commercials with her are far less annoying than the ones with the prettier girl. No one should be that loving smug about anything, let alone fast food.

I'd still put it right between her sweet pretzel buns.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Celery Face posted:

I dunno, I'd eat at Wendy's with her.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The actress who plays Lily is actually really loving funny http://youtu.be/P1kmOtdHcZ0

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TontoCorazon posted:

The actress who plays Lily is actually really loving funny http://youtu.be/P1kmOtdHcZ0

At the beginning I wasn't expecting to laugh at that as much as I did, but yeah, that was loving hilarious.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Holy poo poo, the second Berocca ad is even worse than the first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZpFFWMihBk

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Those ads are weird because they're simultaneously advertising the product but making fun of it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJiB02MKrII

A pity you won't actually get to watch your precious Eagles because your neighbors have killed you and burned your house down for loving up their cars and houses.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I think my favorite part of that commercial was the "Enter Text Here".

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Figured I should cross post this from the hipsters.jpg thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNS0JaX9_X8

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Ebola Roulette posted:

Figured I should cross post this from the hipsters.jpg thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNS0JaX9_X8

Smoke-free Class of 2000, guys, we're doing this! No no, for real this time!

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Notgothic posted:

Make sure you close your throat stoma when you toss your cap in the air.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Notgothic posted:

Holy poo poo, gently caress you for making me remember all those God-awful anti-smoking videos I had to watch in health class, along with that drat jingle.

What i always found funny, was that those videos were shown to several classes in my elementary school (and a bit into junior high/high school,) despite that fact that only one of the classes was actually going to be the class of 2000. I guess it wasn't in the budget to do a few variations on the jingle to have those annoying kids say "class of '99" or "class of '.01"

And there certainly wasn't a chance in Hell of any of them being "smoke free."

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Has this one ever been brought up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FHYxjcubXk

Because I want to inflict serious bodily harm on everyone involved in its production.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Wow, that's got an eery uncanny valley quality to it

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Timby posted:

Because I want to inflict serious bodily harm on everyone involved in its production.

That jingle is like a bug crawling around in my mind.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0FbFIyvVK0

This one really irritates me a lot but I'm also amused that the mother looks like a human Miss Piggy.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
State Farm ran a funny ad where a man is talking late at night on the phone. His wife catches him and thinks it's a phone-sex thing but hears the State Farm representative on the other end. Then with as much venom as she can muster she says, "She sounds hideous!"

But as all insurance marketing does, State Farm ran it into the ground. They put out a sequel radio ad where she complains to a marriage counselor that her husband stays up late all night talking to some guy from State Farm who can save them lots of money on car insurance. It's not funny. It's not even almost-a-joke. Why would you ruin the good times? You're making your first ad less funny by attaching it to this 20 seconds of marketing-coasting.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

MrSlam posted:

State Farm ran a funny ad where a man is talking late at night on the phone. His wife catches him and thinks it's a phone-sex thing but hears the State Farm representative on the other end. Then with as much venom as she can muster she says, "She sounds hideous!"

But as all insurance marketing does, State Farm ran it into the ground. They put out a sequel radio ad where she complains to a marriage counselor that her husband stays up late all night talking to some guy from State Farm who can save them lots of money on car insurance. It's not funny. It's not even almost-a-joke. Why would you ruin the good times? You're making your first ad less funny by attaching it to this 20 seconds of marketing-coasting.

I think the original ad was worse about this when the not at all fake twitter handle of the rep appeared on the screen. Sorry State Farm, if you want to pollute my feed with your poo poo you're going to have to pay for promotion like everyone else.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MrSlam posted:

I haven't seen that second ad but the original has been on the TV for like 7 years now so that got ran into the ground anyway.

Actually it seems it's only been 3 years but it feels like 7.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 15, 2014

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I feel like even the ad kinda runs itself into the ground with the "She sounds hideous" being followed up with "Yeah, well she's a guy" but I think maybe at some point they edited that out? Not sure

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

MrSlam posted:

I hate that commercial because the wife asks "What are you wearing, 'Jake' from state farm?" If you catch your husband having phone sex thats a weird question to ask. If there was actually a women on the other end I wonder what she expected her to say.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I unironically love the Stare Farm commercial with the old fishing guy. "I got you a dollar"

But they've shortened it and removed the best part which is him pulling the dollar away and saying "oooo you gotta be quicker than that"

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Mahoning posted:

I unironically love the Stare Farm commercial with the old fishing guy. "I got you a dollar"

But they've shortened it and removed the best part which is him pulling the dollar away and saying "oooo you gotta be quicker than that"

When I first saw that ad I thought it was Gary Busey.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Cage posted:

I hate that commercial because the wife asks "What are you wearing, 'Jake' from state farm?" If you catch your husband having phone sex thats a weird question to ask. If there was actually a women on the other end I wonder what she expected her to say.

Why is the husband fully awake at 3am buying insurance anyway? Also, the wife is a bitch.

Anyway, here's the first in a series series of Dodge Dart commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej1HFtKyDf4

gently caress you AND your Dart.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Timby posted:

My 5-year-old yells "MUTE" every time he hears that commercial start.
It takes a special kind of bad to make even little kids loving hate you.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mister Kingdom posted:

Why is the husband fully awake at 3am buying insurance anyway? Also, the wife is a bitch.

I laughed at "Come on, Indiana."

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Kingdom posted:

Craig Robinson is really cool. I watched Hot Tub Time Machine and the last two seasons of The Office just because he was in it, after that a Dodge Dart commercial is nothing.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

raditts posted:

My 5-year-old yells "MUTE" every time he hears that commercial start.
It takes a special kind of bad to make even little kids loving hate you.

This commercial is a shining example as to why the lopsided ratio of internet company commercials to B&M/local business commercials needs to be readjusted.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
If we're talking about State Farm commercials, there's a special mention for the old woman in the desert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBRmlVEvQO4

SIX CALLERS AHEAD OF US JIMMY!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Craig Robinson is really cool. I watched Hot Tub Time Machine and the last two seasons of The Office just because he was in it, after that a Dodge Dart commercial is nothing.

Hot Tub Time Machine was a legit good movie and probably the best Back to the Future remake we'll ever get.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Carl's Jr ad.

It's so sexualized, it's almost a parody. The product is an afterthought. Some chick's rear end get shoved in your face, another random scantily scad chick walks into the barn for no reason, and then here's a burger I guess - scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Tardcore posted:

When I first saw that ad I thought it was Gary Busey.
That would make it so much better.