Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

VDay posted:

And then Jennifer Lawrence shows up for some reason?

Also holy poo poo the idea that a group of people sat down and wrote that and then looked at each other and said "Yeah this is really funny, we should definitely film this" is really depressing.

Also that's Jon Benjamin playing the janitor.

Such talent wasted on such lovely television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

hcreight posted:

Also that's Jon Benjamin playing the janitor.

To be fair - he was in the movie :eng101:

That didn't look bad- it just looked like no effort was put in. At all.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Look at all these fools that paid 10bux to send private messages.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

hcreight posted:

Here it is, the ultimate TVIV clip: Alison Brie playing a Buffy parody on a failed pilot for a Not Another Teen Movie TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWPIVNqJ8K0

Yeesh. Three of my favorite actors are in this but it's just... awful.

When is this from? I can't imagine anyone thought that Not Another Teen Movie would be a bankable property anytime recently.

The movie is pretty funny though.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

lelandjs posted:

Yeesh. Three of my favorite actors are in this but it's just... awful.

When is this from? I can't imagine anyone thought that Not Another Teen Movie would be a bankable property anytime recently.

The movie is pretty funny though.

2007, which you might remember is around the time that bad spoof movies hit their peak.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
That was a real thing and not some really iffy Funny or Die video?

Well okay.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Look at all these fools that paid 10bux to send private messages.

I was wondering what you were talking about but I just now noticed that new feature.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

hcreight posted:

2007, which you might remember is around the time that bad spoof movies hit their peak.

But 6 years after the actual movie came out, oddly.
I would say it's less when they hit their peak and more when the number of lovely Selzerberg movies coming out hit their saturation point. "Peak" implies some measure of quality.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I meant financially, not in any way critically. People actually were going to see those pieces of poo poo for a while.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

muscles like this? posted:

I was wondering what you were talking about but I just now noticed that new feature.

A new feature does not equal a gently caress ugly box next to some people's names. They could've at least come up with a more pleasing design.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Still using a retro greasemonkey script from back when the forums weren't ugly so I don't see no drat box. Yolo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Waiting for a greasemonkey script that ONLY shows me posts from fellow Platinum users.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

A new feature does not equal a gently caress ugly box next to some people's names. They could've at least come up with a more pleasing design.
I thought it was already a giveaway who had platinum because they have a "Message" option at the bottom of their posts and those who don't, well don't.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

You guys joke, but this little grey box means that some entity, possibly human, is actually working on SA's code. Whether that's promising or inevitably catastrophic, who knows?

This could be the genesis of Skynet. It is, after all, Terminator 3 era technology.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

IRQ posted:

You guys joke, but this little grey box means that some entity, possibly human, is actually working on SA's code. Whether that's promising or inevitably catastrophic, who knows?

This could be the genesis of Skynet. It is, after all, Terminator 3 era technology.
If skynet was based off of the SA forums code then humanity would actually have a chance.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sober posted:

If skynet was based off of the SA forums code then humanity would actually have a chance.

Well I don't consider 4 canon, does anyone really?

e: or 3 for that matter.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Sober posted:

I dunno. Trying to stop the missiles would probably cause them to spit out a "YOU ARE GAY" error before exploding wherever they currently are. Averted kinda?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Fateo McMurray posted:

I dunno. Trying to stop the missiles would probably cause them to spit out a "YOU ARE GAY" error before exploding wherever they currently are. Averted kinda?

Laughter based triggers tied to "Goku" meme jokes, millions of missiles slam into the ground harmlessly, then the background radiation from all the warheads slowly bakes everyone.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

IRQ posted:

Well I don't consider 4 canon, does anyone really?

e: or 3 for that matter.
I consider TSCC canon, that's what. :colbert:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

TSCC just looked like I was watching J. Crew models act in a TV show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TSCC on the whole really owned, but there were some really bad missteps in the last season.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
So I'm currently watching :lost:

It's probably the best character drama I've ever seen. Currently on season 3 and incredibly curious to see what decision Jack makes: Saving or ending Ben's life. Despite his seemingly cold attitude, Ben seems to be a character who, out of desperation, takes on the role of "the bad guy". In reality, he's been more or less straightforward with each character about his intentions and his decisions. It's Juliet that worries me. Sawyer remarks that Juliet would have shot Kate without a second thought, and that makes me question whether her proposal is mutually beneficial for both Jack and Juliet, or if the entire plan is purely a scheme to overthrow Ben and take control of The Others. She certainly appears to be manipulating Jack, and has no problem threatening Sawyer to get her way.

Another interesting plot development is: Mr. Eko being killed by The Monster. Previously he stopped the monster in its tracks because he was unafraid of it. It's possible that the clearly sentient monster respected his courage. However, he showed significant fear towards the monster in the second meeting, ultimately resulting in his death. The event revealed two things, one is that the smoke monster appears to be the source of some of these visions, though why it hasn't taken an aggressive approach until now is a mystery. The second is that it appears to have some underlying goal. It guides each individual on a quest of introspection in which they learn something about themselves, then it attempts to prey on them. Hurley has two visions, one about the fear of managing all the food. The second about his weight problems, and in the second one, the vision attempts to make Hurley commit suicide. He's only saved seconds before by his short-lived girlfriend.

It's a wonderful show, I don't know why so many people hate on it. I'm looking forward to seeing the ending, hopefully that offers many, if not all explanations to the strange events of this show.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Ravane posted:

It's a wonderful show, I don't know why so many people hate on it. I'm looking forward to seeing the ending, hopefully that offers many, if not all explanations to the strange events of this show.

*raises finger... *slowly puts finger down.

It is a great show overall. I think now that time has passed and the ending has settled in people will look back on it being really good. If you're enjoying it now- the show really kicks off into high gear in the second half of Season 3. Season 3's ending is arguably the best finale in the show's history.

Also note: It wasn't until partway through season 3 where the creators knew when the show would ending.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

This image spoils the end of Lost, click if you dare:
http://i.imgur.com/fqUCdgm.gif

It also shows how many questions they answer.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Fateo McMurray posted:

They actually answered a lot of questions.

College Humour put up this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amTScPbrFyM

Then someone put this up in rebuttal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnGyzvNJHDY

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

IRQ posted:

Laughter based triggers tied to "Goku" meme jokes, millions of missiles slam into the ground harmlessly, then the background radiation from all the warheads slowly bakes everyone.

I'm not sure a missile can really work when the outer shell is made of drywall

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
People say "grey boxes" but I see little grenades. :3:

I am happy to see you are enjoying LOST, Ravane, but I would encourage you to adjust your expectations a little about what would satisfy you as an "answer" to each mystery. Most are indeed answered, the problem was, fans hated the answers.
But the true fans respected the ending as great art. :smug:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZi5Mxr3Vi8

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Fateo McMurray posted:

That image is literally all of Lost. If you don't feel like spending all that time just watch this gif it will explain absolutely everything and leave you completely satisfied.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Holy crap, making my way through season 4 of Farscape and wow they got back to Earth for real, no mindfuck episodes or anything, and just so they could use it to set up the end I'm guessing. And then they leave! Jesus I couldn't stop. Kinda sucks it was kinda only for one episode, but honestly sending the crew to Earth felt just as alien as anything else in Farscape, just some things were more familiar than usual.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Lost is overall such a well done show (and a great showcase of the incredible variety of locations you can get out of shooting on a tiny tropical island plus some special effects) but man do they stick the landing hard. It's like anime bad.

I mean it's still affecting because they cash in 7 years worth of emotional payoff but maaaaaaaaaaaan.

Sober posted:

Holy crap, making my way through season 4 of Farscape and wow they got back to Earth for real, no mindfuck episodes or anything, and just so they could use it to set up the end I'm guessing. And then they leave! Jesus I couldn't stop. Kinda sucks it was kinda only for one episode, but honestly sending the crew to Earth felt just as alien as anything else in Farscape, just some things were more familiar than usual.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cardboard Box A posted:

Lost is overall such a well done show (and a great showcase of the incredible variety of locations you can get out of shooting on a tiny tropical island plus some special effects) but man do they stick the landing hard. It's like anime bad.

I mean it's still affecting because they cash in 7 years worth of emotional payoff but maaaaaaaaaaaan.
I don't think you can use "stick the landing hard" that way.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm super loving glad that I didn't get into LOST when it was airing, because without 6 years of expectations, hype, and hyperbolic internet discussion it's a pretty great show about people on a magic island. So long as you can live with the fact that it turns out that the explanation for the magic island is that it is a magic island.

Walkabout is one of my favorite episodes of television ever. Locke being a loser in a wheelchair was such an amazing gutpunch and the way it played off him being such a survivalist badass in the first few episodes was so good.

...of SCIENCE! fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 16, 2014

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Ravane posted:

Should have finished the show before inviting the internet to chime in.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Fooz posted:

Should have finished the show before inviting the internet to chime in.
It's a looooooooooong show dude.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSqOpjrjOoM

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ravane posted:

It's probably the best character drama I've ever seen. Currently on season 3

We all loved it then too. :allears:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He's not even had the best season yet!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I wish Netflix had a random episode feature. I have a half hour to kill before going to work and I can't decide which episode of Always Sunny to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/14/binge-watching-tv-psa/

This is lovely.

• Locked thread