Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Enter a 99-stamina dungeon. Game crashes. Stamina gone :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aghama
Jul 24, 2002

We eat fish, tossed salads

Tsurupettan posted:

Pretty sure it is. There was a report a long time ago from a goon who accidentally fed a Tama to a max-awakened monster (I think it was Kirin, maybe something else) before ult evoing it, and then was pleased to discover it actually gained the new awakening.

I remember it very distinctly as the thread was floored for like a page after.
I did the same to my Athena a few weeks back (on my JP account that is swimming in Tamas).

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

ThermoPhysical posted:

https://www.padherder.com/user/ThermoPhysical/

I think I need more practice or a better team with DQXQ, I'm struggling to get past floor 30 on the endless dungeon. I notice the HP the team has is really kind of low and that seems to be what gets me killed the fastest.

Anyone know if I can build a decent enough team to go through T5? I'm also stuck on Hyperion Lava Flow's Lava Tube.

Exactly the same. Floor 30 on endless, and Lava Tubes I can do 50% of the time.

I know that it's because I'm crap at combos though. I've watched a few videos of people who know what they are doing and I seem to have developed a weird (crappy) way of moving the orbs. I'm going to slow some down, work out what they are doing and try to adapt my lovely technique.

Aghama posted:

I did the same to my Athena a few weeks back (on my JP account that is swimming in Tamas).

Mine is too, I wish they'd dish out more on the US one, or more regularly.

Every time the JP email looks different I open it up hoping it's stones, and another Tama takes up a space in my box.

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 18, 2014

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

I'd say your team is fine, you just need more levels on it. We're getting Gold/Super Gold Dragons tomorrow, which is a good opportunity to get some exp for your Light critters.

Yaay! On a related note, do other Athena users think it's worth investing tamadra into Venus to go in a light-focused team? The one round burst (ORB?) potential with Genbu>Verche>Athena>Izanagi>Venus is just insane, but Grodin is great at getting me through the dungeon with my skills up and ready, and doesn't really lose me that much burst compared to Venus.

Either way, Verche is going to hit max level tomorrow.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

I think I need more practice or a better team with DQXQ, I'm struggling to get past floor 30 on the endless dungeon. I notice the HP the team has is really kind of low and that seems to be what gets me killed the fastest.

Anyone know if I can build a decent enough team to go through T5? I'm also stuck on Hyperion Lava Flow's Lava Tube.

My first DQXQ team was all healers so I could pair with a Valk for a consistent multiplier. That might not help you where you are since you say your problem is HP.

I'm currently trying a mono-light team DQXQ team and what has been messing me up is forgetting to include a light match in my combo.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

I'd say your team is fine, you just need more levels on it. We're getting Gold/Super Gold Dragons tomorrow, which is a good opportunity to get some exp for your Light critters.

I'll have to clear out some box space and go through Super Gold and Gold a bunch then. Thanks for the tip!

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Exactly the same. Floor 30 on endless, and Lava Tubes I can do 50% of the time.

I know that it's because I'm crap at combos though. I've watched a few videos of people who know what they are doing and I seem to have developed a weird (crappy) way of moving the orbs. I'm going to slow some down, work out what they are doing and try to adapt my lovely technique.

I think I may try this too, any videos you recommend?

GoodBee posted:

My first DQXQ team was all healers so I could pair with a Valk for a consistent multiplier. That might not help you where you are since you say your problem is HP.

I'm currently trying a mono-light team DQXQ team and what has been messing me up is forgetting to include a light match in my combo.

I rarely get light orbs unless I use Apollo, DQXQ, or Arthur which is kind of annoying.

I saw that a healer DXQX team is possible but isn't the best to use.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

I rarely get light orbs unless I use Apollo, DQXQ, or Arthur which is kind of annoying.

I saw that a healer DXQX team is possible but isn't the best to use.

Healer DQXQ won't run most decendeds but it can run lava tubes, if it's got enough levels.

If you're having problems getting the light orbs you need, just putting the biggest rainbow monsters you can fit on a team is a good way to practice combos while doing damage. Once you get used to hitting four+ combos reliably, you'll be able to clear more of the board for those light orbs to drop.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

What's the best low-level team for farming Hrungnir? I really need one and would love to have enough copies to skill him up a bit too. (Plus Bastet skillups would be nice)

I've got available: 4* Leeks; max-level King Slimes of all colors; un-leveled: Blue Chaser; half-leveled: 4* Sylph, Wind Chaser, Robin, 4* green golem, Earth Dragon; level 50: D/D Batman, Joker, UFO, Bad Batz-Maru, Highlander, Angeling, and Shaitan.

I was thinking of just running Sylph + 4* leeks, but I feel like I ought to be able to put together something better from all the other random crap I have. Any thoughts?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

GoodBee posted:

Healer DQXQ won't run most decendeds but it can run lava tubes, if it's got enough levels.

If you're having problems getting the light orbs you need, just putting the biggest rainbow monsters you can fit on a team is a good way to practice combos while doing damage. Once you get used to hitting four+ combos reliably, you'll be able to clear more of the board for those light orbs to drop.

I'll make a separate team like this to see how far I can go in Endless. Thanks!

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Yo, since the team is so low level right now run a Rainbow Keeper instead of Arthur and a Gold Keeper instead of Apollo if you have one. It'll improve your HP and damage and you can easily farm T5's as long as you're activating DQXQ on the reg. Also make sure you always have 3 blue and 3 green orbs on board before you activated DQXQ.

Also: Someone asked if Mari is good on a Zhuge team earlier. The answer is no. She's amazing on a Gaia or Liu Bei team but lack of prongs and redundant active makes her a bad choice for a Zhuge team.

Also again: If you aren't calling the Hera Busties Disco Queen and Dairy Queen you're wrong.

Jolyne Cujoh fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 18, 2014

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Also: Someone asked if Mari is good on a Zhuge team earlier. The answer is no. She's amazing on a Gaia or Liu Bei team but lack of prongs and redundant active makes her a bad choice for a Zhuge team.

Yeah, if you're running Green Zhuge, I'd recommend saving your stones until the DBZ collab comes along and you have a chance to get this guy.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

ThermoPhysical posted:

Instead of a Light-heavy team, you can go rainbow which will get you more consistent damage as you can just make matches of any kind rather than relying on Light orbs. DQXQ/Echidna/Amon/Dragon Knight/Vampire Lord is a team of decently leveled monsters that you have which gives you a delay and orb changing which can help you get the combos you need to activate DQXQ.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Yo, since the team is so low level right now run a Rainbow Keeper instead of Arthur and a Gold Keeper instead of Apollo if you have one. It'll improve your HP and damage and you can easily farm T5's as long as you're activating DQXQ on the reg. Also make sure you always have 3 blue and 3 green orbs on board before you activated DQXQ.

Also again: If you aren't calling the Hera Busties Disco Queen and Dairy Queen you're wrong.

iPodschun posted:

Instead of a Light-heavy team, you can go rainbow which will get you more consistent damage as you can just make matches of any kind rather than relying on Light orbs. DQXQ/Echidna/Amon/Dragon Knight/Vampire Lord is a team of decently leveled monsters that you have which gives you a delay and orb changing which can help you get the combos you need to activate DQXQ.

I'm open to giving all these teams a try. :v: I'll just make a bunch of them and see which one works for me. Thanks!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Qylvaran posted:

Yaay! On a related note, do other Athena users think it's worth investing tamadra into Venus to go in a light-focused team? The one round burst (ORB?) potential with Genbu>Verche>Athena>Izanagi>Venus is just insane, but Grodin is great at getting me through the dungeon with my skills up and ready, and doesn't really lose me that much burst compared to Venus.

Either way, Verche is going to hit max level tomorrow.

Yeah, Venus is a fine investment, she gives you both extremely welcome rcv and a decent punch with her skill.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
How much RCV should you try and get on a team? I'm at about 1700 on my Byakko team and I'm finding it hard to heal up when I drop low and sometimes get me killed. I'm about about 10k health and fighting monsters at lava tube and other element dungeon equivalents. Is RCV something you need to worry about or does that eventually fix itself as you get better subs on your team.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

trucutru posted:

Yeah, Venus is a fine investment, she gives you both extremely welcome rcv and a decent punch with her skill.

True, but if I ignore her I can get started on these guys.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Velveteen posted:

How much RCV should you try and get on a team? I'm at about 1700 on my Byakko team and I'm finding it hard to heal up when I drop low and sometimes get me killed. I'm about about 10k health and fighting monsters at lava tube and other element dungeon equivalents. Is RCV something you need to worry about or does that eventually fix itself as you get better subs on your team.

RCV is mostly a thing if you take hits. You only need to take hits if you need to stall, so get them skillups and skillboosts going, go full out ATK glass cannon and never look back. Tanking isn't really a thing in this game except in gimmick situations; it's really all about killing the monsters before they kill you and if you look at it that way RCV is a mostly useless stat. That being said, a lot of the time you don't play perfectly or you have to stall and then every bit helps. It's still a pretty low priority though; it certainly helps, but it's probably the least important factor when deciding which monster to pick as a sub. Also, you haven't experienced high RCV teams until you've run Ronia teams with an effective RCV higher than your total HP.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Captain Keene posted:

How much harder is Legend than Master? I need to farm and skill-up Canopus as well. Wondering if it's wetter to risk failing on Legend or the drop rate on Master.
I haven't run Master yet, but I 0-stoned Legend with a monogreen 2/4/2 Artemis team, ranging from 70-85 in level + a friend's Freyja. If you've got good Fire monsters you could probably do it more easily, but I'm paranoid about losing use of Awakenings/Active Skills. Canopus himself doesn't have those, though. He's a pretty straightforward brawler, with one nasty trick. He'll use Recover when he dips below 50% for the first time, but retain his low-health AI-routines. So you want to either A) deal about 530,000 damage in one turn, or B) tank 32,000 damage every other turn. (Or tank 26,000 damage every turn if you knock him below 25% without killing him, which is how I ended up losing the first time).

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm seriously wondering what to focus on for a Horus team (or maybe I have a better team in there?), I see a lot of mixed suggestions and I wanted some input from you guys, if you wouldn't mind. Mostly want to avoid "wasting" xp on things I won't use later on. Basically using Horus/Vamp/Valk/Cu/Sieg atm but I have other things that may work, vOv

Padherder

I don't have many dual-colors yet so Echidna is not eligible for now, I presume?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 18, 2014

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Velveteen posted:

My endgame Byakko team has around 19k HP and 2500 RCV (with a fully +egged friend leader and negligible plusses on my cards), to give you an idea. Most teams will have around 2000 and 3500 RCV, unless they're made up of healer, attacker or physical monsters, or have a leader which boosts RCV.

That said, I was struggling with healing when I started farming the T5 dungeons too, but don't anymore, despite my HP/RCV ratio worsening (DD Byakko has lovely RCV). Chinese teams necessarily takes hits whenever you get orb-screwed and early- and mid-game I lacked both skill at matching (clearing as much orbs as you can with each match increase the likelihood of hearts dropping) and the skill-ups and awakenings needed to have skills ready early in a dungeon. It's not levels that will save you from low-RCV, but Tamadras and skill up dungeons.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Oh jesus I just looked at the Sylph/leek strategy for Hrungnir. All iron wall all the time? 30 min clear times? That sounds SO MISERABLE.

Are there any tolerable alternatives? Sadly I don't have lvl 70 unevolved heartbreakers lying around, so the Gigas / Highlander / Sieg strategies aren't an option for me right now. (I guess eventually I could farm Two Heroes & level a blue chaser to run: Aqua Chaser / Sieg / Sieg / Sieg / Sieg / Red Chaser, but that would take a few million xp and far too long to bother with).

Schrodingers cat posted:

I'm seriously wondering what to focus on for a Horus team (or maybe I have a better team in there?), I see a lot of mixed suggestions and I wanted some input from you guys, if you wouldn't mind. Mostly want to avoid "wasting" xp on things I won't use later on.

Padherder

I don't have many dual-colors yet so Echidna is not eligible for now, I presume?

One of the most basic, but effective, Horus teams is just all the heartbreakers: Horus / Sieg / Cu Chu / Valk / Vamp / Horus. It's pretty resilient against getting orb-screwed and the hearbreakers tend to have pretty solid stats. You've got a Valk there so you have the hard one to get. Otherwise just run whatever high-level/high-stat stuff you have. You could use SoD Lucifer as a sub to give you color coverage for Echidna if you need stalling on a boss. In the long run, Yomi is one of the absolute best Horus subs in the game. D/L Yomi is handy for extra atk and color coverage, but D/D Yomi has better RCV and if you have F/L Horus (or a F/L Horus friend) you don't need the color coverage.

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009

Schrodingers cat posted:

I'm seriously wondering what to focus on for a Horus team (or maybe I have a better team in there?), I see a lot of mixed suggestions and I wanted some input from you guys, if you wouldn't mind. Mostly want to avoid "wasting" xp on things I won't use later on.

Padherder

Highest priority would be Horus and Yomi. Horus should be changed to F/L as soon as possible for extra spike damage + the move time awakening. I'd personally go with D/D Yomi for the extra HP/RCV, but D/L Yomi is good too.

If you want to keep Echidna for now, a possibility would be pairing up with an B/L Isis friend leader. That'd give you full element coverage with Horus/Yomi/Echidna/ChuChu/Valk/Isis.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Qylvaran posted:

True, but if I ignore her I can get started on these guys.

Pff, that team ain't poo poo until you get a Bad Luci to replace that Loki and his redundant skill with. Get to whalin'!

Schrodingers cat posted:

Padherder

Horus/Cuchu/Valk/Sieg/Vamp/Horus is the most basic Horus team. Heartbreakers make it much easier to ensure you aren't orb screwed and they all have good stats. You could team up with an F/L Horus, drop Valk and run Echidna as well. In dungeons where it's possible to stall, maybe run Hera and Hera Is for gravities.

Edit: Wait you have Yomi. Get her evoed and awakened ASAP, extra move time is a godsend. Do not prioritize turning her into a him over making Horus into F/L tho.

Aghama
Jul 24, 2002

We eat fish, tossed salads
If you team up with W/L Isis it also would greatly free up your options.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Rangpur posted:

I haven't run Master yet, but I 0-stoned Legend with a monogreen 2/4/2 Artemis team, ranging from 70-85 in level + a friend's Freyja. If you've got good Fire monsters you could probably do it more easily, but I'm paranoid about losing use of Awakenings/Active Skills. Canopus himself doesn't have those, though. He's a pretty straightforward brawler, with one nasty trick. He'll use Recover when he dips below 50% for the first time, but retain his low-health AI-routines. So you want to either A) deal about 530,000 damage in one turn, or B) tank 32,000 damage every other turn. (Or tank 26,000 damage every turn if you knock him below 25% without killing him, which is how I ended up losing the first time).

I also ran it with 2/4/2 mono-green, busty Artemis plus Freya. The biggest dangers look to be the Chimera, double carbuncles, and then Canopus himself.

I can burn Freya's green enhance plus orb changers to rush down the Chimera and then stall against other waves to get my actives back up. The biggest issue that I see is the double carbuncles before Canopus. Killing one (or both) fast means burning actives that I won't then have for Canopus. It's a tough balancing act.

My levels are a lot lower than yours, Athena is only 66 while everyone else is hovering around their mid 30s. I do have two green snow globes that I've got maxed. Maybe I should feed them to my CuChu and Astaroth for better stat buffers?

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Qylvaran posted:

Two gold eggs. Asuka is a better roll than S&K, but still only silver.

Edit: beaten, a bit.

Oh, if Asuka is silver, then I might actually whale on this collab. I could use two, but I assumed she was gold so it wasn't worth trying.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Schrodingers cat posted:

I'm seriously wondering what to focus on for a Horus team (or maybe I have a better team in there?), I see a lot of mixed suggestions and I wanted some input from you guys, if you wouldn't mind. Mostly want to avoid "wasting" xp on things I won't use later on. Basically using Horus/Vamp/Valk/Cu/Sieg atm but I have other things that may work, vOv

Padherder

The amount of xp you're wasting in the beginning pales to the amounts you'll gather later on. It's irrelevant, don't worry about it.

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009
I have just hit fifty stamina. How hard is the super metal dragon dungeons? I'm not sure I have what I need to do it safely - not sure even with an odin friend I can heal up consistently every turn.

https://www.padherder.com/user/IntelligibleChoir/monsters/

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Skill level 3 hates me.

Just went 0/10 on my Byakko that is skill 3.

23 purple chasers left.

Yudo posted:

0/20 on Byakko here. I'm taking a break from trying, needless to say.

To note, I have 2 Byakko's I want to skill up. :v:

Kuros fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 19, 2014

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Kuros posted:

Skill level 3 hates me.

23 purple chasers left.

0/20 on Byakko here. I'm taking a break from trying, needless to say.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kuros posted:

Skill level 3 hates me.

23 purple chasers left.

To note, I have 2 Byakko's I want to skill up. :v:

I also have two Byakko's I need to skill up. Where's the recommended place to farm Purple Chasers?

Also, anyone have an easy team yet to cheese an S-Rank Tamadra from Eva Collab?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

IllegallySober posted:

I also have two Byakko's I need to skill up. Where's the recommended place to farm Purple Chasers?

Also, anyone have an easy team yet to cheese an S-Rank Tamadra from Eva Collab?

Purple Chaser is the boss of the Watery Temptress dungeon.

Truex015
Aug 6, 2007
Does it look like I give a damn?
Pulled a ROdin in the last godfest to add to my red attacker team - misato busty, Freyr, Rodin, Phoenix, king flamie.

This means I need more ares friends, all my regulars seem to have switched leaders.

I also run a max level DA meta, JO Parvati, or max level Haku.... Need more green leads if you don't have a busty ares.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I completely forgot I even had Yomi. So I should focus on her/him more than I am Duke Vampire Lord or Baseline Hera atm.

Noted. Thank you for the advice!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Arcturas posted:

Oh jesus I just looked at the Sylph/leek strategy for Hrungnir. All iron wall all the time? 30 min clear times? That sounds SO MISERABLE.

Are there any tolerable alternatives? Sadly I don't have lvl 70 unevolved heartbreakers lying around, so the Gigas / Highlander / Sieg strategies aren't an option for me right now. (I guess eventually I could farm Two Heroes & level a blue chaser to run: Aqua Chaser / Sieg / Sieg / Sieg / Sieg / Red Chaser, but that would take a few million xp and far too long to bother with).

I killed it with an Asuka/Mari team way the heck long ago, but it was a tad unstable and you had to do turn counting to make sure actives went up on certain turns.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I have a level 70 Vampire Lord & Echidna, plus all the dual-type ogres. Is there any way to make a usable RO Team with that?

Samurai_Hitman
Sep 19, 2000

IntelligibleChoir posted:

I have just hit fifty stamina. How hard is the super metal dragon dungeons? I'm not sure I have what I need to do it safely - not sure even with an odin friend I can heal up consistently every turn.

Your biggest problem with supers with the box you have isn't going to be healing, it's that you don't really have a way to break through the 60k defense and 6666 hp that the supers have. Probably the easiest way to build a team to take on the RGB supers is to make a team of awoken busty ogres (your wood samurai ogre would be used against blue supers, the active skill will kill a wave) and grab a friend leader with skill boost awakening to be ready quicker (GrOdin works well). With the 2 skill boost awakenings from each ogre and two from Odin, that would mean you would need to stall three turns at the beginning of a run to get actives up, then just burn everything down with actives.

The evolved version of your Shugen Demon, Shouki would be the way to do the same thing to dark supers, and there is a light equivalent, but they're harder to get a hold of. I assume that you've listed everything in your box, but if you happen to have a Bane from the batman collab that just ended, those can also kill a wave of supers with their active.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

IntelligibleChoir posted:

A busty GrOdin friend will take you through Super Metal Dragons Descended because they don't have multihit attacks, but none of the other super dungeons. GrOdin's Gungnir is enough to break their defense, so you can run it for the stone and some EXP if you want, but at 50 stam farming it isn't particularly efficient

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009
Thanks all! Looks like I should get an ogre crew together too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah

Samurai_Hitman posted:

The evolved version of your Shugen Demon, Shouki would be the way to do the same thing to dark supers, and there is a light equivalent, but they're harder to get a hold of. I assume that you've listed everything in your box, but if you happen to have a Bane from the batman collab that just ended, those can also kill a wave of supers with their active.

This is great advice ^^ evolve your shouki demon for super metals

I used to use a shiva but I find supers more mindless with an auto heal lead/grodin friend (or reverse) and 4 on color ogres/protection demons. It's a few stall turns as you beat the first wave, then ogre kill to the end. You also can't die on a flr 1 invade. Just match till an ogre is ready. It's possible with one ogre/bane/etc but you then have to stall each round. To me it's worth stoning at 100 stamina to get in 2 runs

• Locked thread