Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
G. I think we could mount the best defense if we cooperated with the Ibleamites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. Several hiding places presented themselves, where did you hide with your Balls?

C. There is a grove of olive trees south east beyond the city, atop a hill. We hid there.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
A - keep our balls together! Hope Tudiya shows up! Keep our Balls together! Don'give up the element of surprise by lining up side by side with the Ibleamites!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Tomn posted:

Huh. I don't want to sound like I'm bitching super hard or anything, I'm fine with just rolling along with this, but how did that vote work out? By my reading of Obscil's count, there were 16 votes to headshotting a Norc (with some variations), and 14 votes to hide out. Is it because there were ten votes for going straight to Ibleam and you figured they'd combine with the the hideout votes?
Going to the city in some manner had the largest amount of support of all options. As to what to do when you got there, hiding was the most popular. Taking a shot with your bow had a minority of support and a fair amount of opposition. This one was tough to judge but that is the way that I saw it.

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
A, I hope Tudiya doesn't exile us over warning Ibleam

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
G. None of the above. We tell the Iblemites we are here and join in the defense of the city.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
C

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Diogines posted:

Going to the city in some manner had the largest amount of support of all options. As to what to do when you got there, hiding was the most popular. Taking a shot with your bow had a minority of support and a fair amount of opposition. This one was tough to judge but that is the way that I saw it.

Righto, fair enough.

Well, the whole point of sniping was to discover weaknesses before the battle so that we could help better plan the battle. I don't think Boss Shadow is planning to reveal his weaknesses during the battle, and I doubt we'll get a chance to snipe much of use. I also think we're too small and too lacking in power to manage to sabotage much of anything useful. If it comes down to it, I think it better now to run or fight - and I say we might as well fight. For El, damnit!

G.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Wooo, what a bevy of hiding places, a veritable feast of ... details to vote on.

I. I don't like the idea of hiding out in cellars, you telling me this massive army isn't going to yank out whatever supplies they can grab from the readily available farm houses?

Send the Balls in, Ibleam's heeding of our warning at least suggests that they're willing to listen and that most of us won't be in immediate danger. I expect they might object a little more strongly to our particularly august personage though, so let's go camp out. We have a chance to act on our own if we see it, and can perhaps join up with Tudiya whenifafter he's not showing up.

I am worried about the Balls, especially without us, I fear we may be sending them off to die in the attack on the city. Are they going to be any safer out here though? Hell, probably, at least they could run/decide not to join the conflict as pillars of fire are brought down on Ibleam's walls. BUT there's no option to just tell them to hide while we go off to find a sniper spot, and I don't feel like writing one. Unless I just did. I dunno, it's hot. I'm hot. Can't think. Hot. Out.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
A. Eat the dates.

And oh yeah, I guess get ready for battle or something.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I It's not arrow time, it's hero time!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I
Take'm out.

Absum
May 28, 2013

G

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Havent decided where I wanna hole up yet, but just posting to remind voters that the man cows have a habit of burning buildings to the ground. At least, if what we found when we went to investigate last time is any indications...

So, yeah. Maybe we don't hide in a building? Getting smoked out would suck.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
A.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Diogines posted:

Ahhahahah. Brave brave sir Enkidel.

Voting to go home and hide with Ruth in the temple

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Ibleam either heeded our warning or thought it was a trick by Zepath (and who knows what they did to the messenger :gonk: ).

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Ahhahahah. Brave brave sir Enkidel.

Voting to go home and eat Ruth in the temple

fixed

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A. Make lame date puns and jokes until one of the balls asks us to stop.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

hollylolly posted:

Ibleam either heeded our warning or thought it was a trick by Zepath (and who knows what they did to the messenger :gonk: ).

The farmers are all gone, so they must have heeded our warning.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Diog, how much time will it take for an army from Zepath to reach us? How much time will it take for the Norc and Minotaur army to reach us?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there anything we have in our provisions that would work as a makeshift offering to El?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Obscil posted:

The farmers are all gone, so they must have heeded our warning.

Yes but are they expecting invading Minotaurs or invading Zepathians? :tinfoil:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Obscil posted:

Diog, how much time will it take for an army from Zepath to reach us? How much time will it take for the Norc and Minotaur army to reach us?
A trip between the two cities is normally two weeks. Slow that down a fair bit if you expect an actual army to arrive.

hollylolly posted:

Nahari is unharmed.

RandomPauI posted:

Is there anything we have in our provisions that would work as a makeshift offering to El?
Some left over smoked meat. Various (magical?) items of immense value?

Absum
May 28, 2013

Diogines posted:

Nahari is unharmed.

We can sense him then?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Voting A so that goons can finally get a date for once :v:

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
C What are we capable of in this situation? Dying stupidly or gathering information and being witness to that which occurs. The vision which El granted to us gave us the opportunity to witness and to send word to the cities of what was coming. When El wished us to smite those who desecrated his holy place the words of the Melachim provided us with clear direction. Tudiya, pious and merciful, bade us give no aid to Ibleam. They are warned, against his wishes, because we wish to spare the common folk what suffering we can avert. If we throw ourselves into the jaws of death we will no longer be able to lift up the helpless, or bring justice to those who desecrate that which is most holy.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Absum posted:

We can sense him then?
He is inside of Ibleam.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

C

Lets take cover where we can watch. We can revise our plans depending on how the battle goes.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

C Olive trees are technically fruit trees, which technically makes it a sacred grove, assuming no scorpions. Let's wait here and reassess.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
G, if only because there's not only strength in numbers but potentially strength in the number of prayers in a concentrated area. Let's go for a holy tap on the shoulder!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Diogines posted:

A trip between the two cities is normally two weeks. Slow that down a fair bit if you expect an actual army to arrive.

How fast if just Tudya and his mighty men came?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

How fast if just Tudya and his mighty men came?
Tough to say. Judging by how fast you saw Tudiya move on the battlefield... maybe two days if he ran alone? Much longer if the other Mighty Men came with him.

Would he leave Zepath defenseless when word of a massive and unusual army approaching reaches him?

You estimate it would have taken Gareb four days to reach Zepath. Six have passed since you parted.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 19, 2014

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Yeah, banking on Tudiya is a fool's hope, I reckon.

By the way, for those planning to "wait it out" or "observe the battle" or anything of that sort - you guys wanna think about extracting Nahari before we do so, or are we gonna leave a Ball behind?

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Tudiya won't come himself, but he might respect our request and send 2-3 mighties to aid.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Diogines posted:

Tough to say. Judging by how fast you saw Tudiya move on the battlefield... maybe two days if he ran alone? Much longer if the other Mighty Men came with him.

Would he leave Zepath defenseless when word of a massive and unusual army approaching reaches him?

I'd like to think he would want to at least scout it out himself.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

C but go into Ibleam with Jobe for an audience with the King

We need to stop guessing what we think is happening and actually find out.

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 19, 2014

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
No way the guy who wandered all the way to Athar on a whim would ever leave Zepath unguarded.

OK, yes, with word of an attack immenent somewhere on some city, he isn't budging. Protect the home front.

If Gareb had ran all the way home and said an attack was happening on Taanach I'd say chances were good he would come to their aid. The problem is that it's Ibleam.

Will Tudiya overcome his bias towards the Ibleamites when Gareb tells him Zepath isn't the target? This information coming from the mouth of his own son, who he has let sit the king's chair on occasion?

Slim. There's still a chance though. If not Tudiya himself, I expect someone - if anything, to make sure his numbskull of a son didn't go and line up with the Ibleamites to die (oops).

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Task Manager posted:

No way the guy who wandered all the way to Athar on a whim would ever leave Zepath unguarded.

OK, yes, with word of an attack immenent somewhere on some city, he isn't budging. Protect the home front.

If Gareb had ran all the way home and said an attack was happening on Taanach I'd say chances were good he would come to their aid. The problem is that it's Ibleam.

Will Tudiya overcome his bias towards the Ibleamites when Gareb tells him Zepath isn't the target? This information coming from the mouth of his own son, who he has let sit the king's chair on occasion?

Slim. There's still a chance though. If not Tudiya himself, I expect someone - if anything, to make sure his numbskull of a son didn't go and line up with the Ibleamites to die (oops).

You know, I like to think at this point that in a connected Bizzaro-world where Diog is running a CYOA featuring Tudiya, goons are even now furiously questioning Gareb about everything under the sun and every detail they can think of and arguing spiritedly amongst themselves about whether they should go save their crazy adopted cannibal son or if they should defend Zepath or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

that cyoa is actually happening in the best sub-forum, coupons

edit: tudiya is not coming, voters decided that enkidel was a secret demon all along and that he ate ishamal