Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

In fact: ##vote Somber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

##vote somberbrero

You're definitely scum. Game solved.

I see my predecessor agreed.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
did winvirus post his epic case yet? im riveted

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

patience my dear jakep. let me get home from work

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Ehh I'm not seeing anything bad about somber. A little awkward maybe but coming across to me as genuine.

Occams razor, the dudes made like 80 posts and it's early D2. No scum posts that often and with such fervor.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##unvote
##vote Rarity a slightly more sensible vote. Opop is also a badguy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

tearshed posted:

Whenever Cpig claims VT, he usually means it. I haven't seen an exception to this yet. Also winvirus' cop thing is bogus so I have no idea why you are including that.

Looking forward to hearing your keane case though.

So you don't think CPig was scummy yesterday?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

tearshed posted:

Occams razor, the dudes made like 80 posts and it's early D2. No scum posts that often and with such fervor.

? I do.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

merk posted:

I'll reread him again, but usually after cpig claims VT I stop listening to him and just put him in the town bucket.

merk posted:

? I do.
You're an exception to that rule. You post crazy regardless of alignment. Most scums do not.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote tearshed

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

tearshed posted:

##unvote
##vote Rarity a slightly more sensible vote. Opop is also a badguy.

Make a case on Rarity that is compelling or I'm voting you until you're dead.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

merk posted:

Nah, I just re-read him. He seemed pretty committed to voting CE through all phases of D1. I like him.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

merk posted:

Make a case on Rarity that is compelling or I'm voting you until you're dead.

Stuff like this sets off scumdar;

Rarity posted:

Somberbrero posted:

I don't understand why rapidly switching your vote is scummy.
I think it shows a lack of conviction in your opinion so you're not actually voting for someone you think is scum.
Personally I don't agree. Like what if you had 3 people you thought were equally scum but only 1 was gaining traction? You'd be happy to vote any of them and switch as the situation changes. But rarity is just looking for a reason to poo poo on somber that isn't valid. Yuck.

I know you won't be happy with just that, so have some more

Rarity posted:

I agree that Keane doesn't seem like he's trying. His votes in particular are totally non-effort.

##vote Keane
It's D1, besides merks exceptional effort, you can't expect people to put in a ton of effort D1. Lazy voting reason.

Rarity posted:

merk is flailing hard. Beyond what yuming has said, switching his vote between Keane, Ras and CE so fast makes me think he doesn't have any real conviction behind his cases.

##vote merk
"flailing"? cmon. Scum buzzwords 101. This is a megadumb vote/reason. Like I said earlier, switching is fine. Rarity is trying to come up with a reason to dumpster merk.

Oh here's a big old :siren:, Rarity never voted CE all d1 until his lynch was inevitable. A lot of people were on/off CE all day long but rarity seemed to avoid CE.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

tearshed posted:

Stuff like this sets off scumdar;

I think it shows a lack of conviction in your opinion so you're not actually voting for someone you think is scum.
Personally I don't agree. Like what if you had 3 people you thought were equally scum but only 1 was gaining traction? You'd be happy to vote any of them and switch as the situation changes. But rarity is just looking for a reason to poo poo on somber that isn't valid. Yuck.

I know you won't be happy with just that, so have some more

It's D1, besides merks exceptional effort, you can't expect people to put in a ton of effort D1. Lazy voting reason.

"flailing"? cmon. Scum buzzwords 101. This is a megadumb vote/reason. Like I said earlier, switching is fine. Rarity is trying to come up with a reason to dumpster merk.

Oh here's a big old :siren:, Rarity never voted CE all d1 until his lynch was inevitable. A lot of people were on/off CE all day long but rarity seemed to avoid CE.
[/quote]

This makes sense. I didn't like a lot of the people that voted me after merk defecated in the thread, and I do know Rarity was on my case. I'd buy this. IN FACT~~~~

##unvote
##vote: Rarity

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also I would like to issue a formal thank you to the scum for not killing me N1. I really appreciate it.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
gently caress it, I'm on a roll.

Opopanax posted:

Tearshed's contributions today are to be snide to merk1, discredit winvirus2, and then drop a lurker vote with no context while we have several actual good candidates we're discussing3.
So yeah, he's scum.
1. I was being genuine. Merk was right, I was wrong.
2. Discredit? Come on, no actual cop role plays their role that way when they haven't confirmed their sanity. You know this.
3. I ended up explaining my vote so null point. Any vote is better than no vote, y'know.

Opop trying to spin what little content I had earlier today into scum content, and doing a bad job of it. Badguy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nah I did good job, and your panicky damage control is solidifying that.

tearshed posted:

Every single time man.

Also what the hell does this mean?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Opopanax posted:

Also what the hell does this mean?
It's been a while between games, so you might not remember. But every time you are town and I am town, you pretty much ignore me, but every time you are scum and I am town, you go after me. Without fail. Every. Single. Time.

I keep trying to tell you this is your scumtell but you don't take it to heart.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

tearshed posted:

It's been a while between games, so you might not remember. But every time you are town and I am town, you pretty much ignore me, but every time you are scum and I am town, you go after me. Without fail. Every. Single. Time.

show your work

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How convenient for you

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

tearshed posted:

This is an amazing case. Amazingly bad.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So does anybody want to talk about the Rarity case Tearshed made? Because I think it's pretty good.

It's almost as good as that case yuming made on crazyeyes yesterday, the one that single handedly got him executed. Good work, yuming! Good work yuming AND NO ONE ELSE

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's not bad. ##unvote

I'm going to try the thing where I read d1 and d2 like I'm a replacement with no bias whatsoever and see what I can make happen. It's my ~new thing~.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

CCKeane posted:

So does anybody want to talk about the Rarity case Tearshed made? Because I think it's pretty good.

It's almost as good as that case yuming made on crazyeyes yesterday, the one that single handedly got him executed. Good work, yuming! Good work yuming AND NO ONE ELSE

Also, screw you, Pony Features

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Juanito posted:

Seems like you're just chasing after easy targets. Or at least make a real case, but "posting gibberish" and "throwing votes around" isn't a good one for Cpig.

Why did you think your Keane vote was better than a Crazyeyes vote here?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

merk posted:

Why did you think your Keane vote was better than a Crazyeyes vote here?
I wasn't actually voting Keane because I never unvoted. I was still on CE.

Later I did change to Keane, and then Rarity.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Juanito posted:

I wasn't actually voting Keane because I never unvoted. I was still on CE.

Later I did change to Keane, and then Rarity.

Was your attempted vote on Keane a fake vote? What was your thought process in that ordeal?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Here is my state of the bad guy address.

The bad guys are:

Somber
met
Rarity
Merk

Maybe winvirus, but hes probably a paranoid cop I cant decide.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
my thought process was mostly Keane is terrible and if we poke him some he'll probably implode

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Here is my state of the bad guy address.

The bad guys are:

Somber
met
Rarity
Merk

Maybe winvirus, but hes probably a paranoid cop I cant decide.

this post here makes me lean towards CPig being scum, who has reason to believe that winvirus wasn't making up his claim completely, which was my go-to assumption.

He basically accepts that winvirus probably has a scum investigation on him, and questions his sanity rather than his honesty

##vote cpig

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Juanito posted:

my thought process was mostly Keane is terrible and if we poke him some he'll probably implode

Terribly good looking, perhaps.

The Juanito/Rarity votes were atrocious. Merk's case has been debunked but it should have been transparently obvious that it was a bad case for bads. I'm voting Rarity since tearshed convinced me and whatnot, but yeah, both are bads, perhaps even tushies.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

this post here makes me lean towards CPig being scum, who has reason to believe that winvirus wasn't making up his claim completely, which was my go-to assumption.

He basically accepts that winvirus probably has a scum investigation on him, and questions his sanity rather than his honesty

##vote cpig

also there was another post like this but I dont feel like looking for it, but I definitely had this feeling since early in the day that cpig is concerned about the winvirus "investigation"

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

##vote cpig

You should perhaps read the other post I made about this winvirus claim.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

JakeP posted:

##vote cpig

For real when he makes posts like that why do I even need a case

Hey cpig, remember how I owned you in Nu and you lost, ineffectual and lame? How's it feel to have that happen AGAIN :getin:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Juanito posted:

So you voted CE with what looked like a joke vote early on and upgraded it from a joke vote to a real vote based on the CPig thing?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

You should perhaps read the other post I made about this winvirus claim.

Town pig would just call Jake an idiot

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

winvirus posted:

For real when he makes posts like that why do I even need a case

Hey cpig, remember how I owned you in Nu and you lost, ineffectual and lame? How's it feel to have that happen AGAIN :getin:

It's not happening again because I'm town you dumb gently caress.

The only way anything like that is happening again is if you are scum.

Ps you are scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

Town pig would just call Jake an idiot

Idiot

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yea, like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapitalistPig posted:

It's not happening again because I'm town you dumb gently caress.

The only way anything like that is happening again is if you are scum.

Ps you are scum.

You're not voting the guy you think is scum.

• Locked thread