Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Unrelated: now reading Brubaker & Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist run - it's a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.

What made you think that Brubaker+Fraction+Aja was going to be uninteresting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
I love that run, the pulp Iron Fist, the other immortal weapons. It's all just fun.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Are the other Immortal Weapons still dead or did they bring them back?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Senor Candle posted:

What made you think that Brubaker+Fraction+Aja was going to be uninteresting?

Nah, I didn't even know it was Brubaker until I opened the first issue. Just... Iron Fist. <shrug>

Right off the start it made me go "So where's the dog, Clint?" because goddamn if it didn't look like Hawkguy, down to the puzzled-looking blond dude in bandages.

In other words, there needs to be a Hawkfist/Ironguy team-up book. With a Dog Brother/Lucky backup, and much Fat Cobra action.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's a five issue mini that are about each of the other five Immortal Weapons and Fat Cobra's is by far the best.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

There's a five issue mini that are about each of the other five Immortal Weapons and Fat Cobra's is by far the best.

The dog brother one was really good as well.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

zoux posted:

I ran into Fat Cobra via a Wolverine-in-San-Francisco-Chinatown arc, plus references in the Funny Panels thread; he's living up to his rep so far (just got to the special).

Also, I just noticed the gag on page 14 of issue #12, where FC pulls off the goony "yawn and drape arm onto girl" move on Tiger's Beautiful Daughter in the first two panels, and when the focus comes back in the last panel he's examining his new hairpin... through his palm. :ninja: (No way to post that page from work, though, so it'll have to wait.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

zoux posted:

Is that the one that people have posted panels from here a couple times before? Any chance of seeing them again?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Endless Mike posted:

No it doesn't. Everything is explained in such excruciating detail that if you leave not understanding what happened it's because you skipped the mountains of text in each issue, which is completely understandable.

Paradise and Universe exhaust the very idea so it's easy to forget how nice the bow Earth X leaves you with is.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Also, I just noticed the gag on page 14 of issue #12, where FC pulls off the goony "yawn and drape arm onto girl" move on Tiger's Beautiful Daughter in the first two panels, and when the focus comes back in the last panel he's examining his new hairpin... through his palm. :ninja: (No way to post that page from work, though, so it'll have to wait.)

Beat you to it.

(click images for big)

Now for more badass content, from the same series:

The setup for that 2-page fight posted earlier (Immortal Iron Fist #4):

Later... (IIF #5)

I can't help but imagine the elevator music from The Blues Brothers there.

And just for the pulp of it:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

e X posted:

Are the other Immortal Weapons still dead or did they bring them back?

The whole storyline where they got killed was negated via Dr. Strange, so it never happened.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Gavok posted:

The whole storyline where they got killed was negated via Dr. Strange, so it never happened.

But the new Iron Fist series ignores pretty much the Brubaker & Fraction run so, maybe.

Also it's crap.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 27, 2014

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Gavok posted:

So Prince of Orphans isn't still randomly a country-running murderous tyrant or is that still in play?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nilbop posted:

So Prince of Orphans isn't still randomly a country-running murderous tyrant or is that still in play?

The ending of Defenders undid everything that happened in Defenders, except for Dr. Strange banging that co-ed.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Left 4 Dead: The Sacrifice #3

Left 4 Dead: The Sacrifice #4

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

From Red Lanterns #34. The Soule run began with Guy Gardner taking over the Red Lanterns by defeating Atrocitus and stealing his ring. Guy then used the Red Lanterns as a force of good while Dex-Star found Atrocitus a new ring. The two factions went to war and in the latest arc, Atrocitus attacked Earth and then used the fear-based hatred to induct a few dozen Red Lanterns. Long story short, they were all knocked out. Also, two members of Guy's team got killed off.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Cue Motörhead.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
drat, that is one EXTREME 90's outfit!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Guy why did you steal Gambit's clothes

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Say Nothing posted:

drat, that is one EXTREME 90's outfit!

Well, he's EXTREMELY pissed off.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Gavok posted:

Well, he's EXTREMELY pissed off.

"That's my secret, mon ami. I'm always angry."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Vincent posted:

Cue Motörhead.

Guy needs to shave off the goatee and go handlebar-with-muttonchops. :rock:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He had one for a few wonderful issues then decided to grow the rest for some lovely reason.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

AnonSpore posted:

He didn't steal them. Gambit couldn't keep them.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Is this why Gambit had to wear that weird black head-glove thing? To contain the threat of a ragebeard?

RAGEBEARD!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Do Red Lanterns still have that thing where if they lose their ring they die because it replaced all their blood?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

Do Red Lanterns still have that thing where if they lose their ring they die because it replaced all their blood?

It replaces their heart, actually.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

And then that heart replaces that blood with acid or something.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Senor Candle posted:

And then that heart replaces that blood with acid or something.

So they literally have heartburn 24/7. No wonder they're angry!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

No, just their blood. They don't need hearts, due to the whole magic ring thing. Atrocitus got his heart torn out during Blackest Night, but he was still pissed enough to have the ring function as his heart

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

So Guy has become Triple H? Okay, that's kind of cool.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You lose the ring, then you die cause of no heart. Unless you're Supergirl and fall into the sun at the same time and grow a new heart(?)

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Vintimus Prime posted:

So Guy has become Triple H? Okay, that's kind of cool.

Does this mean that 2/3's of every issue from now on is going to be one long promo from Guy?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

OldTennisCourt posted:

Does this mean that 2/3's of every issue from now on is going to be one long promo from Guy?

Yeah, but he'll do some really great things behind the scenes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cabbit posted:

Yeah, but he'll do some really great things behind the scenes.

Then undermine them completely by doing some horrible things at the last minute.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
If this ends with him dressing as Shao Khan I'm all for...waitaminute.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time #3 is pretty drat awesome. The Turtles end up on a pirate ship during a battle between a group of honorable pirates (who claim to get their money through more legitimate means) and a group of evil pirates with more advanced weaponry. Those guys work for a being known as the Kraken, which turns out to be Krang, using them to help keep the location of his island hideout safely guarded. The Turtles ward off the Kraken's pirates for a bit and the unnamed good pirate captain talks about finding the coast and laying low to keep safe. Michelangelo gives a big speech about how running away is a bad plan and gets the crew so hyped that they make him the new captain as they try to find the Kraken's crew and fight them head-on.

Later on, Mikey and the original captain hash it out.

The two pirate crews go at it and the Kraken's guy has a laser pistol.

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Captain Carrot can be badass, right?

From The Multiversity #1

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Original Sin: Thor & Loki #4: Thor and Loki have broken into the previously-unheard-of Tenth Realm of Yggdrasil, Heven, in order to find Thor's heretofore-unheard-of sister. Thor gets his rear end handed to him by Angela and imprisoned by the angels. So now he's being tortured by the Queen of Heven, who assures him that he's not getting out and Mjolnir's under lock and key also, so not to try to pull any fancy hammer-related breakouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
That's badass, but "Heven"? Ugh.